T-Bone Bright [vs] ‘The J Train’ Jaylon Martins w/ The Syndicate

‘The Dallas Cowboy’ Bradley Blaze [vs] Roderick Remus w/ The Main Event

Benny and The Foxx [vs] Marc Speed & Seth Whitehead

Bart Biggins & Tana The Mighty [vs] The Elite (Chandler & Johnson)

‘Hands Of Stone’ Bradford Peverell [vs] Maverick

Greg Gauge & Dazzling Dave Diamond [vs] Jay Chord & Joshua Taylor

• Like 1

• Like 1

• Like 1

• Like 1

T-Bone is in great form right now,  I expect shenanigans from the Syndicate..but it won't be enough

Tough match to call... I  think Blaze will be outnumbered and Remus will have a tainted win

The experienced Tag team takes this with their agility and cohesiveness 

Bart Biggins & Tana The Mighty [vs]  The Elite (Chandler & Johnson)

Like the previous match, I expect the tag team expertise of The Elite to be too much

Maverick will give a good fight, but he will get caught by the left hook. 

Tough One... but I think Chord & Taylor will isolate DDD and find a way to win. 

Edited by MiykaelP
  • Like 1

Hands Of Stone’ Bradford Peverell [vs] Maverick

• Like 1

T-Bone Bright [vs] ‘The J Train’ Jaylon Martins w/ The Syndicate

• Like 1

One man is right on the cusp of the main event while the other is the prospect of the heel faction

Could see this going either way. Rod winning makes more sense (esp if it's not clean) so Blaze can get the win cleanly later on

Fun babyface vets get the win over the random pairing of veteran and rookie technicians

Tana has a "Tribal Chief" title run waiting for him, so Biggins takes the fall

I'm not the most well-versed in TCW but Peverell seems like a plug-and-play replacement for Maverick who is getting up there in age

Can't help but feel like Dazzling Dave will be staring at the lights in this match

Edited by John Lions
  • Like 1

• Like 1

This should be a good match.  But T-Bone picks up the win despite interference from The Syndicate.

Both are good, but I am going to go with Roderick Remus.  I think Blaze has a future, though.

Always go with the more named tag team, right?

The Elite walk away with the victory.  

Maverick gets knocked out with the hands of stone.

I am going to go with Diamond being the one who gets pinned or submitted here by Chord.

Great first show.  I like the whole One Man Army trying to draw Doc Hammond away.  Come home, Doc!  We need a New Wave, or maybe it's an old wave.

• Like 1

• Like 1

Hey guys, just taking a little minute to tell you all about a couple of polls that Arlie has running in the TEW IX General Discussions thread:

Best Forum Provider of TEW Content

and

Best Provider of External TEW Content - Youtube, Twitch etc

I'm not 100% sure what a 'Twitch' is, but then again I am pretty old...

Anyway, reason I mention it, is because the lovely @John Lions nominated little old me - and since the prize is a FREE copy of TEW IX, and I already have a copy, I'll be giving the prize to one of you lovely lot - (all of my wrestling friends already have a copy).

I'm not going to win, but feel free to go and vote for whoever you like on 'The Twitch', and other such stuff.

Hope you're all doing well, next show should be up tomorrow :) 

• Like 1

• Like 1

Predictions for: TCW Total Wrestling - Tuesday, January 11th, 2022

• Like 1

• Like 1

TCW Presents:

image.jpeg

Tuesday, January 11th, 2022

Shawn Doakes 2.jpgKyle Rhodes 2.jpgJasmine Saunders 2.jpg

Calling the action: Shawn Doakes, Kyle Rhodes and Jasmine Saunders

Overall Rating: 75

image.jpeg

The show began how a lot of TCW Total Wrestling episodes start… with Wolf Hawkins leading The Syndicate to the ring… Wolf’s three fellow members lined up in the middle of the ring… and Wolf paced back and forth in front of them…

Wolf Hawkins 2.jpgFlint Slater 2.jpgJaylon Martins 2.jpgDoc Hammond 3.jpg

Wolf Hawkins: “Gentlemen… You don’t need me… to tell you this… but we are at WAR, around here… and in war… if you hesitate… You… will… be… punished…!!”

Wolf stared right at Hammond… but then continued…

Wolf Hawkins: “Jaylon…!! You were HANDED a chair, by T-Bone Bright… and you chose to…?! What…?!”

Jaylon didn’t know how to respond… He tried to apologise to his leader… but Wolf once again turned his attention to Hammond… Saying that the 43 year old, former 9-time Tag Team Champion should have known better… Before he could do or say anything he might regret though, out came One Man Army, and Human Arsenal… Two men who know Doc Hammond better than anyone else…

One Man Army 3.jpgHuman Arsenal 2.jpg

One Man Army: “DOC… When are you gonna stand up for yourself, huh…?! When are you gonna stop lettin’ him talk to you, like that…?!”

Hammond shook his head, but Wolf had an answer, as One Man Army and Human Arsenal bravely climbed into the ring…

Wolf Hawkins: “Doc Hammond… is his OWN MAN… If he wanted to leave The Syndicate, he would have done it by now… He can do it, at any time…!! As for you two… at Malice In Wonderland… We challenge you to a match…!! Doc and Jaylon… versus you two… a chance for them to redeem themselves… and to shut you two up, for GOOD…!!”

Wolf instructed his troops to surround the two legends… but they soon got some help… T-Bone Bright arrived once again… stomping to the ring for the opening contest… a match against poor Jaylon Martins…!! Bright’s arrival meant that he, One Man Army and Human Arsenal used intimidation to convince The Syndicate to leave the ringside area through the crowd, and Jaylon Martins was to go this one alone…

T-Bone Bright 2.jpg00 Vs.jpgJaylon Martins 2.jpg
T-Bone Bright [vs] ‘The J Train’ Jaylon Martins

Jaylon Martins needed the help of The Syndicate tonight, but he didn’t get it. He was left out there as a ‘sacrifice’, and T-Bone didn’t mind that at all. He won it with his ‘T-Bone Lariat’ after 8 minutes, following an impressive display from both.

Winner: T-Bone Bright
Rating: 65

image.jpeg

Next up, we heard from Greg Gauge… in response to Jay Chord’s comments from last week, where he claimed that his Father (Rip Chord) was tougher, and could beat up Gauge’s Father, Sam Keith…

image.jpeg

Greg Gauge: “My ankle hurts… My back is… dodgy, at best… My hip feels uncomfortable when I walk… And this guy, Jay Chord wants to talk about how tough my Dad is, or was…?! I’m going to fight tonight… I’m going to fight, for the TCW World Heavyweight Title at Malice In Wonderland… Despite my injuries… Despite it hurting EVERY… DAMN… DAY… So it doesn’t matter how tough our Dad’s were… or are… because I… am tougher… than YOU Jay…!!”

Gauge promised that Chord won’t know what hit him when their match begins…!!

image.jpeg

Bradley Blaze 2.jpg00 Vs.jpgRoderick Remus 2.jpg w/ Freddy Huggins Champ.jpgLaura Hocking 2.jpgMatt Hocking Champ.jpg

Very good match between these two future stars as they renewed hostilities from their time in MAW. Remus had a LOT of help at ringside, but they were ineffective at the crucial moment. Remus attempted a splash in the corner, and Bradley Blaze dodged it, before kicking Matt Hocking off the apron. He followed it up with his ‘Dallas Drop’, a lifting reverse DDT, and scored the win!

Winner: ‘The Dallas Cowboy’ Bradley Blaze
Rating: 63

After the match, Blaze was knocked over by the onrushing Matt Hocking and Freddy Huggins, who decided to punish him for beating their guy… But he wasn’t outnumbered for long, because Chance Fortune and Darryl Devine ran to the ring for the save…

Bradley Blaze 2.jpgChance Fortune 2.jpgDarryl Devine 2.jpg Roderick Remus 2.jpgFreddy Huggins Champ.jpgLaura Hocking 2.jpgMatt Hocking Champ.jpg

The Main Event got out of there at the instruction of Laura Hocking… She told them “another day, another day”, as they convinced themselves that they could have stayed and won the fight if they really wanted to…

image.jpeg

Benny Benson 2.jpgFlying Jimmy Foxx 2.jpg00 Vs.jpgMarc Speed 2.jpgSeth Whitehead 2.jpg
Benny Benson & Flying Jimmy Foxx [vs] Marc Speed & Seth Whitehead

Another cracking match here, and all four men got time to show what they could do. Speed and Whitehead dominated Benny Benson, using throws and takedowns to control him and keep him in their corner. But when he tagged Foxx in, Jimmy did the Flying! He hit crossbody blocks, and flying kicks like they were going out of fashion. In the end though, it was Benson’s ‘Shockwave From Next Year’ (Running Enzuigiri) to Whitehead, that scored the fan favourites the win.

Winners: Benny & The Foxx
Rating: 61

image.jpeg

We cut to a video package next, showing Troy Tornado walking through the streets he grew up in… The video package was titled:

'The Troy Story'

image.jpeg

Troy Tornado: “Where would I be… If I wasn’t a wrestler…?”

Troy Tornado walked past bus stops, playing fields, beaten up and burnt out cars, and even the high school he got kicked out of…

Troy Tornado: “I’d either be in jail, or somehow avoiding it… I used to just steal cars for joy rides… But as I got older I was recruited to steal ‘em, so the older kids could sell ‘em… Sometimes, I couldn’t find keys… so I learned to hot wire at 14… I used to wrap duct tape round my arm, and smash a window with a… believe it or not… Flying Forearm similar to the Star Maker… (his finisher)…”

Troy confirmed it’s where he got the idea for the move, and the name... as his elbow would make a star shape in the middle of the broken window... He went from smashing windows, to smashing faces… and then to an almost year-long reign as the TCW International Champion back in 2006…

Troy Tornado: “I got in trouble with the law… multiple times… and one police officer gave me an ultimatum… Find somethin’ I could do to keep me off the streets… or end up in jail… or shot… or worse… He was right… He gave me a kick up the ass, and I looked at my life, and I thought: well, I’m terrible at Football… Baseball… Basketball... but I can wrestle a bit…”

As an amateur wrestler, Troy always placed well for his size… but did unspectacularly... A buddy of his said he should try ‘Pro-Wrestling’… and that’s where he first saw Jack Bruce in Total Championship Wrestling…

End Of Part 1… Continues next week with:

'Troy Story II'

image.jpeg

Bart Biggins 2.jpgTana The Mighty 2.jpg00 Vs.jpgEddie Chandler 2.jpgNate Johnson 2.jpg
Bart Biggins & Tana The Mighty [vs] The Elite (Eddie Chandler & Nate Johnson)

Bart and Tana are TCW veterans, who are beloved by the fans. They get on well, and have a mutual respect for one another. But there was something about Chandler and Johnson tonight – who have been teaming for years. They clearly wanted to prove a point, with the tag team division having improved a lot in the last two years. They won it when Nate hit his Natural Order (Inverted Legdrop Bulldog) on Biggins.

Winners: The Elite
Rating: 60

image.jpeg

Another pre-taped video next… as The American Cobras had a message for Killer Shark and Titan…

Marvel Malloy 2.jpgStorm Spillane 2.jpg

Marvel Malloy: “How can a couple of snakes… stand up to a Shark and a Titan…?!”

Storm Spillane: “We’re gonna take them to OUR habitat… See if the Shark can swim when there is no water… See how tall Titan can stand when he’s having his legs kicked by two MMA experts…”

Marvel Malloy: “Next week… TORNADO TAG… The American Cobras versus The Behemoths…!! This is OUR world...”

Last week, The Behemoths interrupted Malloy and Spillane’s celebrations after they defeated Nick Booth and Dominic Rizzoli… The American Cobras tried to stand up to Floyd Goldworthy’s Giants, but they were easily put down, alongside Rizzoli… The Behemoths let Nick Booth leave… but he is said to be less than impressed with being called “Little Titan”… a nickname which he has hated for years… The Behemoths have also announced that they are coming for ‘someone’… Will we find out who, soon…?!

image.jpeg

Bradford Peverell 2.jpg00 Vs.jpgMaverick 2.jpg

2022 could be a big year for Bradford Peverell. He can brawl with anyone, and hold his own. Tonight, against the wild Maverick, it was an intense brawl, and one which Peverell won using his ‘Dream Left Hook’.

Winner: ‘Hands Of Stone’ Bradford Peverell
Rating: 58

image.jpeg

In the back, Aaron Andrews caught up with Sammy Bach…

Aaron Andrews 2.jpg Sammy Bach 2.jpg

‘Ace’ was extremely grateful to Sammy for his help in the Main Event last week, against Wolf Hawkins and Doc Hammond…

Aaron Andrews: “We made a pretty good team, thanks for having my back out there…”

Sammy Bach: “Always man…”

The two former TCW World Heavyweight Champions showed mutual respect towards one another, and agreed to look out for each other if needed, against the dominant Syndicate and other potential threats…

image.jpeg

Greg Gauge 2.jpgDazzling Dave Diamond 2.jpg00 Vs.jpgimage.jpegJoshua Taylor 2.jpg

Fantastic way to end a great night of in-ring action, with four of the biggest names on the roster. Dazzling Dave Diamond did some great work out there, and could have won it for his team at one point. However, Jay Chord did what he does better than anyone, and somehow kicked out when he looked beat, following the ‘Dazzle Driver’ (Alabama Slam). Diamond was stunned by the kick out, and set to work taking Chord down. However, Joshua Taylor came in behind the referee’s back, and hit a brilliant short-arm clothesline that almost knocked Diamond out of his cowboy boots. Greg Gauge cleaned house, slamming into Taylor, before delivering a kick to Chord’s chest as he came off the ropes. However, Taylor managed to shove Gauge into Diamond, and they collided heads badly. Taylor took Gauge to the outside, and Chord hit his ’Super DDT’ onto the shaken up head of Diamond, and won it!

Winners: Jay Chord & Joshua Taylor
Rating: 79

Jay Chord and Joshua Taylor celebrated, as we closed the show with news of two HUGE matches set for next week…

T-Bone Bright 2.jpgimage.jpegFlint Slater 2.jpg     +     image.jpegimage.jpegWolf Hawkins 2.jpg

Mighty Mo and T-Bone Bright will switch rivals, as Bright goes 1 on 1 with Flint Slater… and TCW Television Champion Mo takes on Wolf Hawkins in the Main Event, in non-title action…

image.jpeg

• Like 10

On 8/5/2024 at 4:40 PM, MiykaelP said:

T-Bone is in great form right now,  I expect shenanigans from the Syndicate..but it won't be enough

Zero shenanigans, but you're right, it wouldn't have been enough. Jaylon is very good, but T-Bone is a few levels above for now. Hoping he can continue his form / momentum.

On 8/5/2024 at 7:55 PM, John Lions said:

Could see this going either way. Rod winning makes more sense (esp if it's not clean) so Blaze can get the win cleanly later on

Yeah, agree. This is how I normally book, so your logic is spot on. At this stage though, I was aiming to push Blaze along a bit as I rate him quite highly, and Roderick (was) the fourth most important member of the Main Event! With Freddy out injured, which happens soon, Roderick will need to step up and if I could go back, I might have given him the win here.

19 hours ago, angeldelayette said:

Great first show.  I like the whole One Man Army trying to draw Doc Hammond away.  Come home, Doc!  We need a New Wave, or maybe it's an old wave.

Thanks man... almost six weeks in, it's my favourite story to write so far - and I think you'll like the pay off. 

8 minutes ago, Historian said:

Really good show! I just missed predicting on it!

Thanks man - honestly, to hear the best to ever do it say that about one of my shows, is a huge compliment to me. Top man.

Little bit overwhelmed to have gotten 20 predicters again on this show. Thank you all so much!

• Like 2