Im sorry if i sound like a derranged fan, but thanks for allowing the bookers/owners have personallitys as such. Im so glad i wont now see the WWE title being defended every raw. I can not wait for this game, not even a month into the dev journal and it already has so many features.

[QUOTE=Phil Parent;138739]I agree. Adam is improving a product I thought couldn't be improved anymore.[/QUOTE] I hate to disagree. In my opinion, all the improvements so far (apart from the promotion style) have been pretty obvious and, in my opinion, should already have been in 2004, or at least in 2005. The interesting thing to see is how Adam will top THIS in the future? Or will this be the last TEW game, as it can not be improved anymore? Bah Gawd, Adam will intentionally leave out features so that he can make us buy his next game! :O

All kidding aside, I doubt any TEW game will ever be the caliber of EWR, simply due to the fact that its now a yearly pay-game, and he probably doesn't feel the need to put all the cool stuff possible in, or else why would anyone pay for a new game every year, since it doesnt even have updated rosters, like Madden.(unless you count the fake guys)

[QUOTE]due to the fact that its now a yearly pay-game[/QUOTE] It's not intentionally a "yearly pay-game", if it was then we would have gone the same route as the Smackdown series of games and had a specific month we aim for every year. The fact we've ended up with one in each calendar year is purely coincidental, that's just how my schedule worked out. You can see this from the release date of TEW07, and the fact that we have already said we won't do two TEW's within a year of each other; that means if there was another TEW game, it wouldn't be until January 2009 at the earliest, which would mean I'd have done four games in six calendar years - therefore not a yearly game. [QUOTE]he probably doesn't feel the need to put all the cool stuff possible in, or else why would anyone pay for a new game every year[/QUOTE] I don't keep features in "reserve". Big franchises like Smackdown can afford to do that, as they're guaranteed to sell by the bucketload anyway, I don't have that luxury; the games sell on my reputation, if I purposely left stuff out to use in a future game then i'm running a huge risk of alienating my fan base, and that's simply not worth it. I fit as much stuff as I can into each release, the only limits are that it has to be stuff I am able to program, nothing that would put me over schedule or over budget, and it has to fit into the overall design. In over ten years of EW games, I've not once kept a feature for a future game purely to give myself something to do - it's not like there's a shortage of ideas that I'd need to do that anyway. edit - changed the topic title, as it was getting annoying to see it repeatedly!

[QUOTE=Phil Parent;138739]I agree. Adam is improving a product I thought couldn't be improved anymore.[/QUOTE] I have yet to see a game that could not be improved, TEW is a very good game. But, just like every other game, it can be improved a great deal. Just because it is the best of its kind, that doesn't make it perfect.

[QUOTE=D16NJD16;138991]All kidding aside, I doubt any TEW game will ever be the caliber of EWR, simply due to the fact that its now a yearly pay-game, and he probably doesn't feel the need to put all the cool stuff possible in, or else why would anyone pay for a new game every year, since it doesnt even have updated rosters, like Madden.(unless you count the fake guys)[/QUOTE] I don't get this mentality. So, a free game is guaranteed to be better than one producing revenue simply because it's not producing revenue? :confused: Or, every software developer is nefarious like EA and the like and hold back features so they can charge you for them in the next installment (when that held back feature is bound to be OUTDATED by then). Personally, I count "the fake guys" because I have no problem dealing with workers or characters I don't see every week on TV. I've NEVER seen Master Chief on TV but have no issues with playing him (or any of his team members). And honestly, even mentioning Madden in any kind of comparison to the TEW series is insulting, in my view. EA could poop in a box and name it "Madden 2007" and it would sell 100,000+ copies to those more concerned with the name on the box than the quality of the game inside. Different strokes for different folks though. But TEW 07 is shaping up to be a very good game and I'm definitely looking forward to its release.

[QUOTE=Remianen;139023]EA could poop in a box and name it "Madden 2007" and it would sell 100,000+ copies to those more concerned with the name on the box than the quality of the game inside.[/QUOTE] Isn't that what happens anyway?! Same with FIFA, NHL, NBA, Golf and pretty much any EA Sports game. The only one that they've got right so far is Fight Night if you ask me.

Personally, I've been sold on the game since I found out about the customizable promotion style thing. Everything else is just gravy. I try not to dote on games but it's hard for me not to, considering this has the potential to be his best game. Now with that out of the way, I can't see Adam holding back ideas or saving features for later TEWs. There's no reason for him to considering he has his rather vocal fanbase of us, who prod him with sticks and yell ideas at him. But seriously, Adam could use every idea in his head that he could possibly include in TEW2007 and not have a single worry because by the time he sits down to work on the next WreSpi or TEW he'll have a forum full of suggestions and observations and whatnot that he can easily draw from to get new ideas. That reminds me, I gotta throw one last suggestion his way.

[QUOTE=NickC13573;139233]I would love to agree and say that this game can be improved, but my question is, HOW MUCH improvement can Adam put into this game without it going over However many Gigs.[/QUOTE] The fully compiled code from these features can't take more than a few megabytes, if that. Sure, coding it is a long and hard process, but that's mostly because of AI and data processing. A short game with moving sprite graphics takes very little space. TEW has no real graphics to speak of, nor does it use collision detection or anything object-oriented. Basically, what I'm trying to say is... A text-based sim like TEW will never take much room.

Archived