The Off-Topic Render Thread

Undertaker666

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Trell;162594]Awsome pick, I hope I get that good at Bryce and studio like you are, I am currently Loving Bryce because of the integration of Studio with an easy button to open it and edit what I need to.[/QUOTE] Thanks, but believe me, i'm really not that good compared to other people out there in the 3d world! On a scale of 1 to 10 i'd say i'm a 6 in Studio but most definitely no more than a 1 in Bryce. For that demon guy he was posed in Studio, imported into Bryce, changed the skin texture (because I didn't like it) and run through a colour filter in GIMP post-render. Overall he took less than 30 minutes, the longest part of which was deciding what texture to use for his skin! There really isn't any great secret to making good pictures, the best advice I can give you or anyone else is to simply play around with things. A lot of the time i've come up with stuff that i'd never have thought of and it wasn't until I tried 'this here and that there' that I came up with something unexpected but very much welcome. :) That button in Bryce that links to Studio is wonderful, makes things lovely and simple!

Very true Taker, I usually spend all my free time messing around with bryce and studio, I have kinda neglected poser and my girlfriend(Who isnt too happy I am sitting here now), but I wanna get good with both studio and bryce where they are combined, and eventually make some awsome looking stuff.

[QUOTE=Trell;162602]Very true Taker, I usually spend all my free time messing around with bryce and studio, I have kinda neglected poser and my girlfriend(Who isnt too happy I am sitting here now), but I wanna get good with both studio and bryce where they are combined, and eventually make some awsome looking stuff.[/QUOTE] Your girlfriend isn't going to help you get rich and famous. ;) Using Bryce has opened up a whole new avenue for me personally. Before with just Studio i'd have to rely on other people's environments, with Bryce you can knock up a landscape with trees and a skyline within minutes. [quote=Clarity]Dammit.. Must stop working on my 2d stuff and get back to 3d[/quote] Slacker. :p

[QUOTE=wooodaddy;162393]Oh yes... it took me a second, but I see him, you know I've always wanted to start a death metal band and have Cookie be my lead vocals...:D[/QUOTE] I'm afraid you are a little late on that one Woodaddy.......a speed metal band already calls themselves Cookie Mongoloid and the lead singer dresses like cookie monster. In fact check this out: [URL="http://www.wearemongoloid.com/cookie/index.html"]Cookie Mongoloid[/URL] You can also check out some of their stuff on youtube. Such songs as C Is For Cookie and Me Want Cookie, are pretty easy to find.

[QUOTE=Imarevenant;162645]I'm afraid you are a little late on that one Woodaddy.......a speed metal band already calls themselves Cookie Mongoloid and the lead singer dresses like cookie monster. In fact check this out: [URL="http://www.wearemongoloid.com/cookie/index.html"]Cookie Mongoloid[/URL] You can also check out some of their stuff on youtube. Such songs as C Is For Cookie and Me Want Cookie, are pretty easy to find.[/QUOTE] Speed Metal? no, no, he's Death Metal all the way; however I will definitely check it out... Thanks buddy.... :D

Archived