I'm looking for......

As for the older dude, I've always thought Pistol Pete Hall might one day own his own promotion. I've actually considered creating the Heart Of Texas Rodeo Wrestling promotion from 2005's New Promotions list and assigning Pistol Pete as the owner. Seemed like a natural fit to me. Also, Sam Strong could possibly open his own promotion. As for the younger dude, you might have to get a little creative there. For one game, though, I used C.H. Threepwood. Might seem like an odd choice, but I concocted this little backstory that Threepwood was actually the son of a 1970's promoter, and re-started his father's old promotion. It made for a fun little game, actually, and shows the true strength of The CornellVerse. A player probably wouldn't be able to get that creative with Real World personalities. :)

Larry Wood or Pistol Pete Hall. As for the younger guy Im not really sure. Like the previous poster said, you'll just have to use your creativity to figure out that one. Just looked thru the Cornellverse for all workers 25 and under and didn't come up with too much. If you're okay with doing a Japanese fed, you can have Magnum KOBE split from WLW on the basis he is being overshadowed by Emerald Angel. He believes he is as talented or more talented and has been unfairly held back by WLW in favor of EA. You can even add its because of EA's brothers friendship with Koji Kojima that has gotten EAs push. Hope that helps.

I've used Duncan Kendall as the owner in a couple of my games, which worked well because he could also double as a pretty good road agent. As for the young guy, I've thought of starting a game, where Steve Frehley starts a promotion, because everything in wrestling has come to him so easy up untill now, so he figures promoting is just as easy.

I think someone like Barry Kingman would be a great worker to own his own promotion. He's not particularly old and doesn't have the stats for it in TEW05 but he is a second generation wrestler with a lot of talent that simply doesn't get anywhere because of his lack of superstar skills. Seems like the kinda guy who might be a bit bitter about things sometimes and would want to showcase himself if given a chance. Other than him I would say guys like Pistol Pete Hall, Professor Nero, Yoshifusa Maeda would be a good bunch of vets to fit the bill. As for the younger crowd.... I would pluck guys like Lobster Warrior (as Chris Rockwell) or Dog Fyte to make their own promotions. I can't really think of any properly young workers who would make good owners off the top of my head... I'm sure they'd all be grateful to work for any of the major promotions they're part of. Though maybe Frankie Perez and American Elemental could start a Japanese Junior style wrestling promotion somewhere... that could be pretty cool. :) Derek B

[QUOTE=mitsukaikira;161957]The young guy would definately be Remmy Skye and he'd start NOTW. Not On Time Wrestling.[/QUOTE] Hahaha :D Thank you, my first laugh of the morning :D But hey, GDE, go to Search profiles or whatever, and filter the Business stat, so you can find guys who can and are able to start their own promotion :)

Definatly Nero, it'd be old school blood and guts, show DAVE what hardcore really is. Larry Wood would be perfect for a worker too. I'm not sure how old he is but Fumihiro Ota always seems to become the owner of one promotion or the other, he has business skills and is ex SWF (TCW?).

I hadn't thought about the Business rating, that's a really good tip. I'm really looking for a way to start my diary once TEW 2007 releases. I know I'll have approximately 1 week to play with the demo, but I was looking for and have been getting great ideas. I would like for the owner to be the first "star" of the fed also. So that does put a pretty big limitation on who I can use. Thanks again for the suggestions and if anyone thinks of any more, please post them.

Hell Monkey and Fox Mask could open their own promotion together that is built on characters. They could feud over the major title for awhile and plus I am a huge mark for those two. Then you could bring in the craziest characters to join the promotion and fulfill their stereotypes for awhile until one day someone takes over booking control and starts to become more edgy and bring in more realistic gimmicks... this may be something I do with the Cornellverse in 07.

I agree with Larry Wood for sure. The young guy hmmmm, misused 20 year old worker is really a redundant term in my mind they can have solid ring skills but likely most of them lack in Basics or Psy or Entertainment or Business skills to really be truly misused and want to start their own company. I agreed with FINisher's suggestion to simple put a kid in with a solid Business stat in as for it.

[QUOTE=dvdWarrior;161943]As for the younger dude, you might have to get a little creative there. For one game, though, I used C.H. Threepwood. Might seem like an odd choice, but I concocted this little backstory that Threepwood was actually the son of a 1970's promoter, [/QUOTE] Guybrush Threepwood? Monkey Island Wrestling? Oh, damn, there's a dynasty thread right there...

For the older worker, how about Stetson Hatt? I concocted a story for my first dynasty, Lone Star Wrestling, that Hatt returned to the States and opened up an traditional local fed in Texas as basically a nice way to ease into retirement back home instead of continuing to work for UCR over in Europe. I might actually redo that one, now that I think of it...

Pistol Pete Hall, for sure. He used to own a training camp in TEW04 (and presumably still does), so he'd just need to expand that. Either Hall, Prof. Nero or Larry Wood. As for the young guy... I would say Remmy Skye, but I doubt he possesses the business acumen to run a refreshment tent in a desert, let alone a wrestling promotion. Frankie Perez? Don't know why he would, but just randomly thought of a name ¬_¬

Larry Wood and i think for a younger guy, i'd use Ed Stone. i think of him as a Teddy Hart type guy, who puts everything he has into wrestling, not worrying about his own welfare. you could do an angle where he feels overlooked by his father and his booking staff. he could be jealous of his brothers' successes, and harbor a hatred towards them because he risks his body all the time while they do not, and he knows(thinks) he's a better wrestler than any of them. any notbpw game i start in future will definently have a storyline like that in it.

I'm just playing with GCG and Yoshifusa Maeda is retiring in one month. I have to strip him off the title first but after that he's going to open a new fed in Japan which relies on high flyers like American Elemental etc.. I think that makes for a good story and then is even more a challenge for me to bring GCG back to glory. Btw. Pistol Pete always reminds me of Stan Hansen and I think Stan would have been a great promoter and booker.

I think that you could even have Eric Eisen go off on his own to create a small promotion. Maybe he had a falling out with Dad and was cut out of the will, causing him to go off on his own. Or he just wanted to create a promotion that featured cruisers. For the older wrestler, I just created my own (Jackie Dugan) and had him create a small Texas promotion (XXCW)

Well I started a promotion in the past build around 3 very unlikely guys. Unlikely because of the fact that they're fathers owned very successful promotions. I had Edd Stone, Eric Eisen and Ricky DeColt start up a promotion called Renagades, Rebels and Rogues Rasslin. Basically it was based around the idea that those three all decided to rebel against their father's.

[QUOTE=derek_b;162692]Wow, I just realised that Sean McFly has business skill..... NOTBPW is too heavy on faces anyways, they can afford to lose Mr McFly after a soon-to-be-messy divorce from Torri Stone :) Derek B[/QUOTE] Not bad Derek! Although expecailly the way the new working relationships and loan contracts would go, could you imagine Sean and Vic starting up a promotion in the states working with NOTBPW?

[QUOTE=Thriller;165255]'Bout time the states got some pure wrestling on a large scale. Mr. and Mrs McFly could do that and they could have an agreement with PGHW so we could see Kunomasu vs McFly. :)[/QUOTE] After I saw this I created a States based fed with Mr. McFly, called Future is Now Wrestling (FiNW), but after what you just said Thriller I can just begin to imagine the matches that you could have there with working relationships between FiNW and PGHW as well as FiNW and NOTBPW. Bryan Vessey vs Dan Stone? Buddy Garner vs Jeremy Stone. Mushashibo vs Duane Stone? From a pure wrestling stand point the dream matches seem quite endless.

Archived