Official GDS 2006 Diary Awards~!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As much as I'd like to nominate my own, I won't, it makes one seem pretentious. I'd like to nominate NWA: A Return to Glory for: Best Overall, Best Real World and Best Promos. I'd also like to nominate Matt Weise from NWA: ARtG for Most Compelling Character. And Showdown 4 from NWA: ARtG

Best Real Word: Isalmite's WWF RAW Best Cornvellverse: Sebsplex union of the big players While neither have gone an astounding amount of time, they are fantastically well written and beautifully suit the time and spirit of the environment as you either remember or imagine it.

I'm a big fan of this idea coming back. There are a lot of great writers out there who deserve recognition. Remember to support your favorite writer. Feedback only takes a minute and a lot of time gives the writer the desire to continue. I'd also like to thank G-Prime for the nominations. I'm truly flattered. Thanks for being a great fan of the NWA! Best Overall Diary: Empire Pro Wrestling by BriFidelity (I hope this isn't gone forever.) Best Real World Diary:KOKW by Marshall (Does a real nice job of humanizing HHH.) Best CornellVerse Diary: Empire Pro Wrestling by BriFidelity (The only CornellVerse Diary to hold my attention over a long period of time.) Best Overall Card: Masters of Pain Finals in ECW Worldwide by Nevermore (LOADED card and an A* to boot) Most Compelling Character: Edge in WWE: Rebirth (G-Prime has a great handle on the Rated R Superstar) Best Promos(Which diary has the best promos): I honestly don't have a clear favorite on this one I'm afraid but the Stallion always had great promos in his various TNA diaries. Best New Diary(must have begun after October 31st.): Universal Takeover by OldSchool (I'm a sucker for the old UWF. We want the Freebirds!)

[B] Best Overall Diary: USPW-Bring Out Your Kids Best CornellVerse Diary: USPW-Bring Out Your Kids Best Overall Card: The one in SWF This means war when Delirious Dan beat Angry Gilmore for the SWF 10 minute championship Most Compelling Character: Delirious Dan Best Promos(Which diary has the best promos): SWF-This Means War [/B]

Best Overall Diary: ECW Worldwide - Nevermore Best Real World Diary: ECW Worldwide - Nevermore Best CornellVerse Diary: PWA: Started from nothing, Ending with everything - Clarity Best Overall Card: master of pain finals - Nevermore Most Compelling Character: Ric Flair - Death of WCW? - Tristam Best Promos(Which diary has the best promos): Death of WCW? - Tristam Best New Diary(must have begun after October 31st.): DOTT: WWF'N Raw - The ismalite

Nominations off the top of my head Best Overall Diary: [B] NWA: Return To Glory by Wildfire, and WWF 1993 - A Tribute To Wrestlecrap by giantgonzalez(oldie but goodie). [/B] Best Real World Diary: [B] NWA: Return to Glory by Wildfire [/B] Best CornellVerse Diary: [B]Empire Pro Wrestling by BriFidelity [/B] Best Overall Card: [B] Masters Of Pain Finals in ECW Worldwide by Nevermore [/B] Most Compelling Character: [B] Edge in WWE:Rebirth [/B] Best Promos(Which diary has the best promos): [B] DOTT MACW The Return by angeldelayette [/B] Best New Diary(must have begun after October 31st.): WWE SUICIDE SITUATION~! Bad inside joke. Anyway, since I can't think of any others I read that have started in the last month or so, I'd like to be the first to nominate my own pretty new diary, [B] Xtreme Pro Wrestling Federation: Indyriffic! by D16NJD16 [/B]

Best Overall Diary: Brifidelity's NYCW/Empire Best Real World Diary: DOTT MACW- Angeldelayette Best CornellVerse Diary: Toss up between SWF this means war (Scapino), and anything Shipshirt writes. My honorable mention goes to Mystic's Dave diary. Best Overall Card: Fight or Die!- Black Saturday Most Compelling Character: Rip Chord- NYCW- Brifidelity Best Promos(Which diary has the best promos):NYCW Tradition begins anew- Brifidelity could do SO much with so little! From the real world: Death of WCW- Tristram. Best New Diary(must have begun after October 31st.): WWF 1983 Death Of The Territories- TOOL

Best Overall Diary: Death Of WCW? by tristram Best Real World Diary: Death Of WCW? by tristram Best Cornellverse diary: SWF: This Means War by Scapino Best Overall Card: Masters Of Pain Finals in ECW Worldwide by Nevermore or Blaze Of Glory in Death Of WCW? by tristram Most Compelling Character: Tommy Cornell in Tommy Cornell Goes For Broke by Sepsplex Best Promos: DOTT: the ismailite in WWF'N Raw Best New Diary: WWF'N Raw by the ismailite

[B]Best Overall Diary:[/B] ECW by Nevermore [B] Best Real World Diary:[/B] ECW by Nevermore [B] Best CornellVerse Diary:[/B] USPW-Bring Out Your Kids [B]Best Indy Diary:[/B] Full Metal Impact by Int. Champion [B]Best Overall Card: [/B]Masters of Pain Finals in ECW Worldwide by Nevermore [B]Most Compelling Character:[/B] Edge in WWE:Rebirth [B]Best Promos:[/B] DOTT: the ismailite in WWF'N Raw [B]Best New Diary:[/B] WWF'n RAW by Ismailite

[QUOTE=Astil;163779]Best CornellVerse Diary: PWA: Started from nothing, Ending with everything - Clarity [/QUOTE] Thanks man.. I know that the diary has gone a little quiet but im working my arse off for christmas. That normally 2 different jobs a day, sometimes 3 When things ease off, or i find 1 better job, then it will pick up again

[B]Best Overall Diary:[/B] [B]"Wildfire's" NWA: Return To Glory[/B] [I](hands down, #1 in my book, great character developement, awesome storylines, great format, it's the the first one I read everytime I come to these boards)[/I] [B]Best Real World Diary: "Wildfire's" NWA Return To Glory[/B] [I](If it's my vote for best overall, it has to be best real world then)[/I] [B]Best Cornellverse: "Mystic's" New Era od Danger and Violence[/B] [I](I have to admit, I'm more into real world diaries and unfortantely haven't dedicated enough time to read many Cornellverse, but this one sticks out to me, with PWA starting from nothing, following close behind)[/I] [B]Best Indy Diary: "Jehova's" Revolutionary Pro[/B] [I](Although I hope i dont insult him by calling this an indy, especially with recent soldout PPV.. I guess I just considered it indy based on the evolution of the diary comes from the #1 indy promotion in my book ROH)[/I] [B]Best Overall Card: "Nevermore's" ECW Masters Of Pain Tournament[/B] [I](Great tournament, while continuing building of storylines, awesome match stipulations...and a never would've predicted title change with Sabu winning the belt...Haven't seen an update from ECW lately)[/I] [B]Most Compelling Character: "Wildfire's" Mr. Wrestling III[/B] [I](Had me guessing weeks on end, who was under the mask...I still dont know for sure, but if it's who I think it is, it makes that character that much more believable...Outstanding hype for his debut, and III's moral values are certainly portayed very well, while written into NWA's storylines...This entire diary has great compelling characters as Matt Weise "I guy I've never cared about in real world" has me caring about what he does here, being a close second)[/I] [B]Best Promo's: "Ismailite's" WWF "n" Raw[/B] ([I]I love DOTT stuff, and some of the banter brought to the table in this diary, really makes you hear the ir voices in your head "That me be a problem for some people:-)" I remember a classic promo with Blassy, The Grand Wizard and Captain Lou, that was just awesome)[/I] [B]Best New Diary: "Ismailite's" WWF"n" Raw[/B] [B]Best Diary Layout: "Tristam's" WCW[/B] [I](Easlily one of the best diaries here, with great longevity...Needed to be mentioned and his diary layout and graphics are just awesome, as the completely enhance the reading experience.)[/I] [B]The "I Hate The WWE, but I like what your doing with it": "G-Prime's" WWE Rebirth[/B]: [I](Needed to be noted and I rank it slighly behind NWA, and thats because I hate everything that McMahon is about, but I really enjoy this direction of the WWF)[/I]

[QUOTE=G-Prime;164616]Can't you start a new thread with a poll in it? That'd be heaps easier for all involved. Or is it disabled for us? If it is, perhaps ask an admin/mod to do it.[/QUOTE] Would, but you can't put poll upon poll upon poll in one thread. The only option would be to make 1 thread after another which would pretty much clutter this whole board up which I didn't think was worth it.

Archived