MWA - This Means War! (C-Verse Diary)

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 1, April 2013[/I] Held at the Lowe Ballroom in the North West Territory 4,993 in attendance[/CENTER] The Rev and Emma Chase welcomed the audience to the show. 1) Things started off with Jay Chord in the ring. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Now I know that Nemesis or John Campbell or whatever he’s calling himself is a little upset with me. He’s the big bad boss now and I’m supposed to be the lowly little worker who kowtows and genuflects whenever he comes by. A lot of my friends and coworkers have been saying that I crossed a line with him last week by getting into his face. “But you know what? I don’t care. There are just some things that aren’t right, and spitting all over a man’s legacy is one of them. I know I wasn’t always the best son. Maybe this is just my way of making up for it. “Now, I’ve heard rumors that the big bad Nemesis is going to take me down a notch or two in this first round. All I have to say is bring it on. I’m a Chord. We were built tough.”[/COLOR] He dropped the mic. And that’s when Alicia Strong’s music hit. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 2) [B]ALICIA STRONG vs. JAY CHORD [/B]in [COLOR="Purple"]a First Round Match [/COLOR]for [COLOR="Red"]the Ringmaster Title[/COLOR] Alicia and Jay did not look happy to be in the same ring together. The Rev tried to explain to Emma Chase their considerable history together. Emma blew it off by saying none of it mattered since it all happened before Nemesis took over. As usual, Jay and Alicia put on a great match. Their superior chemistry shone through the whole thing and got the fans popping. Jay finally picked up the pin after a devastating Super DDT. WINNER: [B]Jay Chord [/B]in 11:19 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 3) Jez was at Alicia’s side immediately, checking her to see if she was all right. Jay started to leave the ring but paused halfway out of the ropes. He then turned back and looked at Alicia, who was beginning to stir. He then walked over and shoved Jez out of the way. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Oh no, here we go!” [/COLOR]the Rev said. Much to everyone’s surprise, Jay helped Alicia to her feet and then raised her hand, almost like she had won the match. Alicia looked positively stunned as Jay left the ring. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 4) Backstage, Davis Wayne Newton was seated in front of Nemesis’s huge desk. Nemesis said that he was impressed with the way Davis handled himself last week, taking out Casey Valentine so brutally. Davis accepted the praise, but you could tell that it didn’t totally sit right with him. Nemesis plowed ahead and said that if Davis really wanted to secure his spot in the new administration, then he would have to do a little more. He said he was going to book Davis in a match against Mainstream Hernandez for the MWA Regional Championship for tonight. [COLOR="DarkGreen"] “Bring me that title, and you’re in.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 5) [B]STEVEN PARKER vs. MEAN JEAN CATTLEY[/B] And now would be a good time to hit the restroom. It wasn’t all bad. These two have great chemistry together too. But the fans just didn’t seem to care all that much, even when Parker hit the Future Shock and picked up the win. WINNER: [B]Steven Parker [/B]in 9:54 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 6) The Calamari Kid appeared on screen and taunted Hugh de Aske a little, asking if he had fun getting his butt handed to him last week by Des Davids. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 7) Casey Valentine came out to the ring in an absolute furor. He said he heard about the main event for tonight, Davis vs. Mainstream, and he thought it was a load of crap. He reminded the audience that he beat Davis fair and square at “Battleground” a few weeks ago. Davis only beat him last week because he ambushed him. Casey said Nemesis was making a mistake in working with Davis. He said he’d prove it by throwing open a challenge to anyone in the back who was willing to step into the ring with him. Much to his shock, out came Alicia Strong. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Settle down, Casey, I already had a match tonight and the docs don’t think I should risk having my bell rung again. I’m not out here to accept for me. I’m out here to accept for a friend of mine.”[/COLOR] She looked into the camera. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Wanda, I don’t have any idea where you are, but be sure to pay close attention to what you’re about to see. This is the friend I was talking about last week, the one who can’t wait to teach you a lesson at ‘Masters of the Ring.’ See, she’s a real master of the ring, a legend in Japan, and someone I’m privileged to call my mentor. Ladies and gentlemen, I present at this time ... [B]the Sensational Ogiwara[/B]!”[/COLOR] Sensational Ogiwara came out to a mixed reaction. A few of the smart marks in the audience knew who she was (and the Rev hyped up her legendary status as well). Casey seemed completely unconcerned. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] for Casey’s challenge; [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] for Alicia’s acceptance; D for the reveal 8) [B]THE SENSATIONAL OGIWARA vs. CASEY VALENTINE[/B] The fans sat up and took notice at this one. Great debut match for Ogiwara (first match in the States, if I recall correctly). Casey quickly learned that he couldn’t take her lightly. She simply mowed him down, showing her extreme versatility. In the end, Casey was nearly knocked senseless with what the Rev identified as the Sensational Stunner. WINNER: [B]The Sensational Ogiwara [/B]in 10:55 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 9) Des Davids appeared on camera with a mic. He ranted about the unfair treatment he had received at the hands of the “previous administration.” He said he was heading straight to the top and that no one could stop him. He said that’s why he pitied Ernest Youngman. Ernest was so deluded by the “Scapino Kool-Aid,” he didn’t see the disaster coming straight at him. Des reminded Ernest that they were facing each other in the semi-finals and when Des was done with him, he’d be nothing but an unpleasant memory. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 10) [B]JOEY POISON vs. JOEY BEAUCHAMP [/B]in [COLOR="Purple"]a First Round Match [/COLOR]for [COLOR="Red"]the Ringmaster Title[/COLOR] Another pretty good match. These two sized each other up before finally going after each other. After the rash of bad chemistry, I’m pleased to note that these two work pretty well together and the match showed it. Even after Beauchamp took down Poison with a fast hurricanrana, there was still respect in both competitor’s eyes for the other. WINNER: [B]Joey Beauchamp [/B]in 9:51 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 11) Backstage, Ernest Youngman was trying to rally Thomas Morgan and Mainstream Hernandez to his cause of trying to bring back Scapino. Neither really seemed all that interested. Thomas told Ernest to just roll with the punches. Mainstream said he’d listen some other time, he had a title defense to win. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 12) [B]MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ (c) vs. DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] I think I may have booked this whole show backwards. Oh well. Should be interesting to see how we come out in the end. These two put on a pretty good match. Davis took an early lead but Mainstream was able to fight his way back, finally putting Davis down with an Apparition #14. WINNER: [B]Mainstream Hernandez [/B]in 14:58 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 13) After the match, Davis went over and offered Mainstream his hand. Mainstream seemed a bit reluctant but then shook it enthusiastically. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Some of the fans left grumbling about Sensational Ogiwara. But it wasn’t too bad of a show overall. We got a rating of 5.57. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Jay Chord defeated Alicia Strong [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Steven Parker defeated Mean Jean Cattley [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Sensational Ogiwara defeated Casey Valentine [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Joey Beauchamp defeated Joey Poison [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Mainstream Hernandez (c) defeated Davis Wayne Newton to retain[COLOR="Red"] the MWA Regional Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/SIZE][/I][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 2, April 2013[/I] Held at the Missouri State Armoury in the Mid West Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] The Rev and Emma Chase welcomed the audience to the show. 1) Wanda Fish started things off in the ring. She said that Alicia had revealed her big surprise, namely that Sensational Ogiwara wanted to fight her. Wanda went on to describe how Ogiwara is a legend in Japan. She acted overly scared, clearly trying to mock Ogiwara. Wanda concluded by saying that they were in Japan. [COLOR="DarkGreen"] “Here, in America, Ogiwara is a nobody! This is my ring, this is my backyard, and at ‘Masters of the Ring,’ I will prove why that’s true!”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 2) [B]JAY CHORD vs. JOEY BEACHAMP [/B]in [COLOR="Purple"]a Semi-Final Match [/COLOR]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Ringmaster Title[/COLOR] These two don’t have good chemistry together (big surprise) but they were still able to put together a half-way decent match. Joey pulled into an early lead, which led Emma to confidently predict that Jay Chord would be sent packing. But Jay rallied and finally put Joey down with a Cradle Piledriver. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Jay is going on to the final match for the Ringmaster Title!” [/COLOR]the Rev crowed. WINNER: [B]Jay Chord [/B]in 12:06 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 3) Backstage, Davis paced back and forth in front of Nemesis’s office door. It finally opened and Nemesis stepped out. Davis asked Nemesis if he had reached a decision. Nemesis laughed. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I seem to recall that I told you to get the MWA Regional Championship, right? And I don’t see it around your waist.”[/COLOR] Davis admitted that he wasn’t able to pin Mainstream but he was ready to try again. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Try again?” [/COLOR]Nemesis repeated. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“That ain’t how this works. You had your shot. Now you and your pal Mainstream can go wallow in the sewer together.”[/COLOR] With that, Nemesis slammed the door on Davis’s face. Davis looked pretty angry. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 4) Sam Keith found Greg Gauge in his locker room and demanded to know what Greg thought he was doing. Greg played dumb, but Sam revealed that Matthew Gauge had called him and left a message, telling Sam not to bother sending his “favorite son” to try and make amends. Sam demanded to know what Greg was doing. Greg shot back hotly that they were a family and they had to work things out. Sam refused, saying that Matt was dead to him. Sam stormed out of the room by kicking the door open. The camera followed him and it was revealed that Sam accidentally hit Thomas Morgan with the door. Thomas did not look happy. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] for the argument; [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] for the door shot 5) [B]STEVEN PARKER vs. MEAN JEAN CATTLEY[/B] Wow. This one surprised me. Once again, these two just tore into each other with some pretty vicious moves. They kept trying to one-up each other, “like they’re trying to hurt each other rather than get the pin,” as the Rev put it. In the end, though, they both hit a clothesline on each other simultaneously, hard enough to knock each other out. The ref seemed a bit disgusted by counted both men out. WINNER:[B] No one (Draw)[/B] in 8:10 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 6) Both men recovered in time to hear the decision of the ref. While Parker looked pretty upset, Mean Jean acted on his feelings. He attacked Parker from behind and stomped him to the mat before storming out of the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 7) Izaak Tischler came out to the ring and mocked Davis Wayne Newton. He said that the Nemesis administration only had room for winners, people like him. He said that Davis was just wasting his time. Davis came out in response to that. He immediately challenged Izaak for the title, saying that he’d prove who the bigger loser really was. Izaak laughed off the threat and agreed to the match. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B [/COLOR]for the taunting; [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] for the challenge 8) Greg Gauge searched the backstage area when he found his father lying in a pool of his own blood. Greg dropped to his side, almost in a panic, calling for medics. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 9) [B]FIRE & ICE (c) vs. THE LATIN CONNECTION [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] Not too bad of a match. Both teams really stepped things up, keeping after each other throughout the whole match. In the end, Remmy took out J-Ro with a Skye Driver. WINNER: [B]Fire & Ice [/B]in 7:55 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 10) Fire & Ice got the mics after the match and said that they were ready to face anyone at “Masters of the Ring.” They issued an open challenge to any team on the roster to come after their titles. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 11) In a video shot earlier today, Ernest Youngman arrived at the arena but then was attacked by Bulldozer Brandon Smith. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 12) [B]ERNEST YOUNGMAN vs. BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH[/B] Guess what! Bad chemistry! Geez! But they were still able to put together a pretty decent match overall. The Rev explained that the match had been asked for by Ernest in response to the unprovoked attack. Emma said that Ernest was a moron, pointing out that he had his semi-final match next week and that he should be resting up for that. Bulldozer spent most of the match wailing on Ernest, who weathered the assault and managed to fire off some offense of his own from time to time. In the end, though, Ernest surprised everyone by hitting a swinging neckbreaker out of nowhere and getting the pin. WINNER: [B]Ernest Youngman [/B]in 9:33 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 13) Ernest celebrated his win, only to get attacked from behind by Des Davids, who took him down and out with a few well-placed chair shots. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 14) At a local hospital, Greg Gauge was pacing in the waiting room, cell phone in hand. He left another message for Matt, begging his brother to come home quickly to see their dad. The doctor came out and said that Greg could see Sam now. When asked how Sam was, the doctor said that Sam had some pretty bad injuries and would be out of commission for a while. Greg went to Sam’s side. Sam was hooked up to a number of monitors and taped up pretty extensively. Greg tearfully asked Sam who did this. Sam whispered that it was Thomas Morgan. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] for the phone call; [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] for the reveal 15) [B]THE CALAMARI KID vs. WANDA FISH[/B] [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I could make a sushi joke right now, but I won’t,” [/COLOR]the Rev said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Good thing too,” [/COLOR]Emma said. The match itself was best of the night and a good main event. The Kid tried to keep Wanda off balance with a high-speed, high-flying offense. Wanda seemed a bit flustered by this at first but she eventually brought down the Kid and got him into the Blonde Ambition. The Kid quickly tapped out. WINNER: [B]Wanda Fish [/B]in 7:51 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Good to be home in the Midwest. Maybe that’s why everything just clicked so well. Our show got a rating of 5.88. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Jay Chord defeated Joey Beauchamp [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Steven Parker drew with Mean Jean Cattley [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Fire & Ice (c) defeated the Latin Connection to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Ernest Youngman defeated Bulldozer Brandon Smith [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Wanda Fish defeated the Calamari Kid [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

Dan left the MWA to go to TCW. His last match with them was in April of 2011. Since then, he's been working for CZCW, DaVE, and (bizarrely) the SWF. I think it's hilarious that according to the backstory I came up with for Dan, he got bounced from TCW to the SWF, only to have Richard fire him. And now he's worked for both of them again. That really shows you how far the SWF has fallen in my game!

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 3, April 2013[/I] (The Go-Home Show for [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Masters of the Ring”[/COLOR]) Held at the Huntsville Fairgrounds in the South East Territory 4,871 in attendance[/CENTER] The Rev and Emma Chase welcomed the audience to the show. 1) Things started off with Greg Gauge in the ring. He angrily demanded that Thomas Morgan come out and face him in the ring. He even threw the Rising Star Title on the mat, saying that it didn’t matter to him anymore. All he cared about was getting his hands on Thomas. Thomas came out, very cool and a bit ****y. He said he’d be glad to take the Rising Star Title off of Greg’s hands. All he had to do was ask. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 2) [B]GREG GAUGE (c) vs. THOMAS MORGAN[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] Greg didn’t even wait for the bell. He charged out of the ring and attacked Thomas in the middle of the entrance ramp. The two brawled on the outside before Jez McArthuer demanded that they get back into the ring. It was an impressive opening match. These two really shone in this match considering how low they are on the card. Greg almost got Thomas into the Proton Lock a number of times but Thomas managed to slip out every time. In the end, it was Thomas who got Greg to tap out using a Camel Clutch. WINNER: [B]Thomas Morgan [/B]in 9:54 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 3) Thomas refused to release the hold. He started cackling hysterically while Jez ordered him to break it. He finally dropped Greg and then kicked him in the lower back a few times before strutting out of the ring, Rising Star Title held high. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 4) Some vaguely Australian-sounding music started up. The Rev was absolutely confused as to who it could be. Out came Joey Beauchamp and Joey Poison. They said that they learned a lot about each other a few weeks ago when they faced off in the Ringmaster tournament. They found kindred spirits in each other and so, they’re forming a tag team: the Joeys. Not only that, they were going to hit the MWA with a bang by taking the tag titles away from Fire & Ice. They accepted the open challenge! RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 5) [B]STEVEN PARKER vs. MEAN JEAN CATTLEY[/B] Once again, these two put on a surprisingly mediocre match. I thought for sure after last week’s match we’d seen the end of it, but apparently the crowd just wasn’t into it. They largely sat on their hands in silence until Mean Jean finished off Parker with a Mood Swing. WINNER: [B]Mean Jean Cattley [/B]in 8:40 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 6) Parker wasn’t done with the match yet. He leapt off the mat and took Mean Jean down with a Future Shock. Before things could get out of hand, though, Nemesis came out to the ring entrance and ordered them away from each other. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I’ve had it with you two!” [/COLOR]he thundered. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Every week, I got one of your agents begging me for a rematch, begging for one more shot, one more match, one more blah blah blah. You’re done, you hear me? I’m booking one more match between you two at ‘Masters of the Ring,’ and then that’s it. So you two better make it worth it!”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E[/COLOR] for the attack; [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] for the match announcement 7) [B]ERNEST YOUNGMAN vs. DES DAVIDS[/B] in [COLOR="Purple"]a Semi-Final Match [/COLOR]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Ringmaster Title[/COLOR] Ernest was moving a little slow as he got into the ring and in the early minutes of the match. Emma opined that was hardly surprising, seeing as Ernest had taken so much abuse last week. Des was able to dominate the younger man for a while, leading Emma to predict that the Ringmaster match wold come down to Jay Chord and Des Davids. But her prediction proved a bit premature. The Rev pointed out that Ernest had a heart as big as all outdoors and wasn’t about to roll over for anyone. And sure enough, Ernest fought back, turning the tables on Des and finally taking him down and pinning him. WINNER: [B]Ernest Youngman [/B]in 10:52 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 8) Mainstream Hernandez appeared on screen and said that “Masters of the Ring” was shaping up to be a great show. He pointed to the Ringmaster final between Jay Chord and Ernest Youngman. He said that Davis Wayne Newton vs. Izaak Tischler was a classic in the making. And he said that Ogiwara vs. Fish was going to be one for the ages as well. But he said in all the excitement, he was feeling a little neglected. So he threw it open to anyone to come challenge him for the MWA Regional Championship. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I’ll be there, ready to go. Who’s man enough to take me on?”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 9) Hugh de Aske came out to the ring and taunted the Calamari Kid, pointing out that while he was out of the Ringmaster Tournament, the Kid had never been in the tournament to begin with and that last week, he got beat by a Fish! This went on for a few moments before the Kid came out and an impromptu match got started. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 10) [B]THE CALAMARI KID vs. HUGH de ASKE[/B] The Kid was on fire in the early going and wound up clearing the ring. Hugh came back in and fought a more methodical match, working over the Kid’s knees ([COLOR="DarkGreen"]“A sound strategy considering how much flying the Kid likes to do,”[/COLOR] Emma observed). But the Kid rallied in the end and took down Hugh with a Squidbuster. WINNER: [B]The Calamari Kid [/B]in 8:54 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 11) The Kid celebrated his win in the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 12) [B]ALICIA STRONG & THE SENSATIONAL OGIWARA vs. IZAAK TISCHLER & WANDA FISH[/B] An interesting main event, one that kind of faltered a bit in the face’s corner. Alicia and her mentor didn’t work as a tag team, I’m sorry to say. Maybe the student outgrew the master. Who knows. It still was a decent match, though. Izaak and Wanda really shone in the match. They simply battered their opponents around, working together pretty seamlessly. Alicia and Ogiwara got in their licks, but in the end, Izaak finished the match by taking Alicia out with a Crucifix Slam. WINNERS: [B]Izaak Tischler & Wanda Fish [/B]in 14:44 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 13) Izaak and Wanda bailed out of the ring as Ogiwara came in to Alicia’s aid. They laughed their way up the ramp, but their joy was shortlived: Davis Wayne Newton was waiting. He knocked Wanda aside and kicked Izaak in the gut. He then powerbombed the champ off the stage through a table. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] As the show went off the air, Emma and the Rev ran down the card for “Masters of the Ring” -- [B]STEVEN PARKER vs. MEAN JEAN CATTLEY [/B]([COLOR="Blue"]E[/COLOR]) [B]FIRE & ICE (c) vs. THE JOEYS for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship [/COLOR][/B]([COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR]) [B]ERNEST YOUNGMAN vs. JAY CHORD for [COLOR="red"]the Ringmaster Title [/COLOR][/B]([COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR]) [B]MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ (c) vs. SOMEONE for [COLOR="red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR][/B] ([COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR]) [B]THE SENSATIONAL OGIWARA vs. WANDA FISH [/B]([COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR]) [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON vs. IZAAK TISCHLER (c) for [COLOR="red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR][/B] ([COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR]) [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] After the show, Mainstream approached me and asked me who his opponent was going to be at the Pay-Per-View. I smiled as I told him. He nearly fell over he was so surprised. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“How in the hell did you pull that off?”[/COLOR] he demanded. I shrugged then flagged down Joey Poison. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Pack your bags, Joey, you’re going to Canada.”[/COLOR] We got a rating of 5.60. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Thomas Morgan defeated Greg Gauge (c) to capture [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Mean Jean Cattley defeated Steven Parker [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Ernest Youngman defeated Des Davids [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]The Calamari Kid defeated Hugh de Aske [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Izaak Tischler & Wanda Fish defeated Alicia Strong & the Sensational Ogiwara [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

I demand that Minnesota come join the Joey's! :) I have to say, though, that you must be incredibly disappointed in Cattley/Parker performances. I know I am, so I can only imagine how much it grates on you. I'm also disappointed that Parker doesn't seem to be getting anything out of it...he'd better claim a victory at the PPV! (Huh--I seem to have turned into a Parker mark. Must be because he absolutely refuses to leave MAW to join me in my game.) [B]STEVEN PARKER[/B] vs. MEAN JEAN CATTLEY Like I said above...Parker better come up with at least one victory here. FIRE & ICE (c) vs. [B]THE JOEYS[/B] for the MWA Tag Team Championship I'm stretching, but I like that team better than Junior and Skye. ERNEST YOUNGMAN vs. JAY CHORD for the Ringmaster Title For some reason, I'm thinking that someone from Nemesis' camp is going to get involved, and that'll throw any predicting out the window. Chord is more likely to change sides at this point, but I can't hope to predict a winner. MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ (c) vs. [B]SOMEONE [/B]for the MWA Regional Championship The mysterious challenger always wins! Except when he doesn't. [B]THE SENSATIONAL OGIWARA[/B] vs. WANDA FISH Wanda took the last fued, so Ogiwara has to get a jump for this one. DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON vs. [B]IZAAK TISCHLER (c)[/B] for the MWA Grand Championship Newton is overstretching here, I think.

[B]STEVEN PARKER[/B] vs. MEAN JEAN CATTLEY [B]FIRE & ICE (c) [/B]vs. THE JOEYS for the MWA Tag Team Championship ERNEST YOUNGMAN vs. [B]JAY CHORD [/B]for the Ringmaster Title [B]MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ (c)[/B] vs. SOMEONE for the MWA Regional Championship THE SENSATIONAL OGIWARA vs. [B]WANDA FISH[/B] DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON vs. [B]IZAAK TISCHLER (c)[/B] for the MWA Grand Championship

From MWA.com - [QUOTE][CENTER]Be sure to order [COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="3"]“Masters of the Ring”[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] this Sunday![/CENTER] Featuring the following matches... [B][I]Steven Parker faces off against Mean Jean Cattley for one last time [/B][/I]- The Foundation has been crumbling for a while now. Who knows what will happen to it after this match? There’s only one way to find out! [B][I]Fire & Ice defend [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] against the newly formed Joeys [/I][/B]- Junior and Remmy Skye have held on to their titles for a while now. Do Joey Beauchamp and Joey Poison have what it takes to defeat them? Will we see new champs at the Pay-Per-View? [I][B]Ernest Youngman and Jay Chord vie to become the first ever [COLOR="red"]MWA Ringmaster[/COLOR] [/B][/I]- Both men have something to prove. Both men have overcome some incredible opponents to get here. Now the time has come. Who will emerge the new Ringmaster? Who will see their hopes dashed to the ground? Only one can capture the title. Who will it be? [B][I]Mainstream Hernandez defends his [COLOR="red"]MWA Regional Championship [/COLOR]against someone [/I][/B]- Mainstream threw open the challenge to anyone to come and take his Regional Championship. Rumor has it Nemesis has found someone to do just that. Who will it be? And can that person really defeat Mainstream? [B][I]The Sensational Ogiwara goes head-to-head with Wanda Fish [/I][/B]- Ogiwara has come over from Japan to defend the honor of her protégé, Alicia Strong. She is revered as a legend in her home country. Will she find similar respect after facing Wanda Fish? Or will Wanda put her in her place? [B][I]Davis Wayne Newton tries to capture [COLOR="red"]the MWA Grand Championship [/COLOR]from Izaak Tischler [/I][/B]- Davis has taken exception to the way he was treated by Nemesis and he’s trying to take out his frustrations on Izaak. Does he have what it takes to capture the title? Or will Izaak retain? [CENTER][SIZE="5"]The answers to these questions and more can be found at [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Masters of the Ring!”[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE]

[B]Steven Parker[/B] faces off against Mean Jean Cattley for one last time - Mean Jean's been getting the wins more, so Parker to even it out. Fire & Ice defend the MWA Tag Team Championship against the newly formed [B]Joeys[/B] - I feel this is their push. [B]Ernest Youngman[/B] and Jay Chord vie to become the first ever MWA Ringmaster - I've got this gut feeling, don't really know why lol Mainstream Hernandez defends his MWA Regional Championship against [B]someone[/B] - By DQ. I'm really puzzled about this! The Sensational Ogiwara goes head-to-head with [B]Wanda Fish[/B] - As good as she is, I don't think she's established enough yet to beat Wanda. Davis Wayne Newton tries to capture the MWA Grand Championship from [B]Izaak Tischler[/B] - Newton just isn't ready.

[CENTER]MWA presents... [SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkRed"][B]“Masters of the Ring”[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] [I]Sunday of Week 3, April 2013[/I] Held at the Illinois State Park in the Great Lakes Territory 12,544 in attendance; Buy-Rate of 1.36[/CENTER] The Rev and Emma Chase welcomed the audience to what promises to be a heck of a show: 1) [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Because tonight, we’ll be crowning the first ever Ringmaster!”[/COLOR] the Rev explained as a graphic featuring Jay Chord and Ernest Youngman appeared. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Both men have reasons why they want this title. Both men know the pressure is on. But only one of them can be the first ever Ringmaster.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 2) [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“But let’s not forget about another first tonight: the first time Wanda Fish will face the Sensational Ogiwara,”[/COLOR] Emma added. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Everyone’s been talking about what a legend Ogiwara is in Japan. But this isn’t Japan, is it? And this is Wanda’s backyard. I think that Ogiwara is in for a rude awakening.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 3) [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“So is Izaak Tischler. He’s facing Davis Wayne Newton, the Triple Threat, in the main event tonight for the MWA Grand Championship. I think we may be seeing my former protege’s reign come to an end.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I wouldn’t be so sure. Izaak’s tough and not going to be easy to beat.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 4) Mainstream Hernandez was in the ring with the Regional Championship. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Those are some pretty sick matches, aren’t they? I mean, Ernest and Jay, Wanda and Ogiwara, Izaak and Davis. You folks are going to get your money’s worth tonight! “But let’s not forget me! I put out an open challenge earlier this week. I’ll defend my title against anyone. I haven’t heard so much as a peep out of anyone on the roster. Maybe they know better than to get mixed up in a match against yours truly. “Whatever. Someone has to have the cojones to face me. I’ve got the time to wait.”[/COLOR] He didn’t have to wait long. Unfamiliar music started up but it heralded the arrival of a very familiar face. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“It’s [B]Marc du Bois[/B]! What is he doing here?” [/COLOR]Emma screamed. Mainstream looked completely in shock. Marc smirked at him before raising a mic to his mouth. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Long time no see, Mainstream. I seem to recall the last time we were anywhere near a ring together, you got your butt handed to you by a friend of mine. You know, when that happened, it looked like a lot of fun. I guess I’ll find out for myself tonight.”[/COLOR] With that, he threw down the mic and started for the ring. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] for the open challenge; [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] for the response 5) [B]MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ (c) vs. MARC du BOIS [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] Bad chemistry strikes again, but I’m not too worried about it. But Mainstream and Marc put on a great match regardless. Mainstream actually switched up his game a little and tried a more rumble-based approach and you could tell he had picked up some skills. That doesn’t mean he didn’t fly. He flew quite a bit. But Marc had obviously done his homework and had Mainstream scouted for most of his major moves. In the end, Mainstream managed to drop Marc and went for the Apparition #14, only to have Marc roll out of the way. As Mainstream recovered, Marc hauled him to his feet and locked him into the Model Solution. Mainstream struggled but eventually tapped out. WINNER: [B]Marc du Bois [/B]in 18:47 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 6) The camera cut to Wanda, who seemed a bit flustered by Marc’s appearance. But she quickly recovered, cutting a scathing promo against Ogiwara. She said that Ogiwara’s time was past. This wasn’t Japan. There was no way she was picking up a win tonight. She then left, muttering something about old flames. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 7) The camera cut outside the arena to reveal a limo pulling up. Matthew Gauge got out and entered the building. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 8) Now Jay Chord appeared on camera. He welcomed the fans to “Masters of the Ring.” His face grew serious. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“‘Masters of the Ring.’ Ha. We all know what this show should have been called. I don’t know why Nemesis went out of his way to disrespect my father, but he’s going to regret it. I’ve got nothing against Ernest Youngman: I think he’s a great competitor, I think his heart’s in the right place. He’s just in the way tonight. Nothing personal, Ernest. It’s just business.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 9) [B]STEVEN PARKER vs. MEAN JEAN CATTLEY[/B] And the feud ends with a bit of a whimper. Their good chemistry carried them through, but it wasn’t enough to get the fans interested. Parker won the match with a Future Shock. WINNER: [B]Steven Parker [/B]in 11:58 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 10) Davis Wayne Newton checked in, saying that he had something to prove tonight. He thought he had proved his worth to Nemesis but he was wrong. Now he was going to prove why Nemesis made a big mistake in underestimating him. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 11) Meanwhile, Matthew Gauge was wandering through the halls when he came face to face with his brother Greg. Greg asked if Matt had a nice flight. Matt said he did. Greg then lit into him, demanding to know if he had been to the hospital to see their father at all. Matt said he hadn’t and didn’t intend to. Greg then demanded to know why he was at the arena. Matt pointed out he still worked for the MWA and he came to see what was going on. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Oh, you’re not going to be a spectator tonight, Matt,” [/COLOR]Greg said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You and me. In the ring. Tonight. I’m going to beat some respect into you.”[/COLOR] Matthew laughed. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Feel free to try, brother.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 12) Ernest Youngman responded to what Jay said before. He said he understood Jay’s feelings and certainly doesn’t hold anything against him. But Ernest said he was fighting for a father as well, namely the father of the MWA, Scapino. He said he had to prove that Scapino’s vision for the MWA, namely a place where wrestlers can get their start and become stars, is valid. That’s why tonight, he was going to become the first ever Ringmaster. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 13) [B]FIRE & ICE (c) vs. THE JOEYS [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] Really good match all around. Remmy really shone in this match as the stone-faced assassin. He was a machine, taking apart both Joeys when he got the opportunity. But it was a true back-and-forth battle with both teams relying on quick tags and fast strikes to keep their opponents off balance. In the end, Junior managed to slip out of an Antidote Web and then dropped Joey Poison to the mat. She got him into a Triangle Choke, but instead of fading away, Joey managed to roll himself around until he got Junior into a pinning predicament. He then propped himself up on the ropes to keep her down. The Rev sounded as if he were ready to get into the ring and beat someone up as Jez hit three. WINNERS: [B]The Joeys [/B]in 12:54 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 14) The two Joeys celebrated their win by jumping around the ring and hugging each other. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 15) Alicia Strong was backstage, psyching up Ogiwara for her match. She started in English, telling her that Wanda had no honor and so would succumb to Ogiwara’s offense. She finished in Japanese, speaking rapidly before bowing. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 16) A video played, hitting the highlights from the Ringmaster Tournament: Jay’s anger over Nemesis changing the name of the Pay-Per-View, Ernest Youngman’s “heart of gold” behavior, and how Des Davids seemed to take Ernest’s efforts personally. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 17) [B]ERNEST YOUNGMAN vs. JAY CHORD [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Ringmaster Title[/COLOR] The minute the bell rang, these two were circling each other warily. Both took a few testing swipes at the other before finally locking up. The early moments consisted of them putting each other in different holds and locks while the other slipped out or countered each one. After two minutes of tangling and disentangling with each other, they broke and stared at each other, unsmiling but with respect in their eyes. They stepped things up after that point. Lots of power moves, lots of nearfalls, each one more impressive than the last. The Rev said that no matter who wins the title, the fans are the real winners. Emma grudgingly agreed, admitting that either man deserved to win. In the end, though, it was Jay Chord. He took Ernest down and out with a Super DDT and managed to make the pin. WINNER: [B]Jay Chord [/B]in 16:47 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 18) Jay Chord’s hand was raised in triumph. He then walked over to Ernest and offered him his hand. The two shook hands, then Ernest raised Jay’s hand again and urged the audience to cheer him. But from the look on Ernest’s face, something was wrong. Seriously wrong. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 19) Izaak Tischler appeared on screen and told the fans to shut up. “So Jay Chord won some new title. You’ll notice, there ain’t a belt. Next year, he may not even make it to this match to defend his title. In other words, he got a consolation prize. He doesn’t have the MWA Grand Championship. I do. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“And I still will at the end of the night. Davis Wayne Newton calls himself a Triple Threat because he’s so good in three different ways. Me, I don’t need three different ways to beat someone. I do it one way: the best.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 20) [B]GREG GAUGE vs. MATTHEW GAUGE[/B] Pretty good match that gave fans a little bit of a chance to catch their breath. Greg seemed a little unfocused in his offense. Emma suggested it was because he was letting his emotions get in the way of what he had to do. In the end, Matthew was able to take advantage of his brother’s distraction and got him into the Proton Lock. WINNER: [B]Matthew Gauge [/B]in 10:33 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 21) Backstage Nemesis was watching the show on his monitor. He laughed at Greg Gauge’s misfortune when there was a knock at his office door. He called in whoever it was. He was delighted to see Marc du Bois. Nemesis thanked him for coming down from Canada to teach Mainstream Hernandez a lesson in humility. He said that he was looking forward to having Marc on board for the new MWA. Marc held up a hand and stopped him in mid-gush. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Whoever said I was going to be a part of 'your' MWA?”[/COLOR] Nemesis looked stunned. He sputtered for a few moments, then pointed out that Marc came down and took the Regional Championship from Mainstream. What was that about. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“This?” [/COLOR]Marc asked, holding up the title belt. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I only came and did that because a friend of mine said it might be fun. But I’m not sticking around to defend this, especially not for you.”[/COLOR] He tossed the belt over his shoulder and then took a step closer to Nemesis. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“See, you may have forgotten, but Scapino, the guy you ousted, is the one who gave me my big break in wrestling. I owe him. And, as the old saying goes ... karma’s gonna getcha!”[/COLOR] Before Nemesis knew what was happening, Marc clocked him across the jaw and then repeatedly punched him over the head. He then picked up Nemesis and slammed him through his desk. Marc smirked at him and stepped over the wreckage to leave the office. As he did, he stopped short. Wanda Fish was waiting for him outside the door. She batted her lashes at him. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Hi, Marc. Long time no see.”[/COLOR] Marc stared at her for a few seconds before bursting out laughing. He walked away, leaving Wanda to fume. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 22) A video played, reminding everyone of how Sensational Ogiwara came to the MWA. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 23) [B]THE SENSATIONAL OGIWARA vs. WANDA FISH[/B] Wanda’s mood hadn’t improved in the time it took for her to get to the ring. She screamed some abuse at the crowd as she went from post to post to pose. As Ogiwara came out, Emma pointed out that very few American fans knew much about her and that this match was really a make-or-break type of situation. She had to make a good showing or she’d never be taken seriously. At one point in the match, the Rev asked Emma if she wanted to take back those words. Simply great. I suspect the main event won’t live up to this match but that’s okay. I think Izaak’s getting used to being outshone by the women. Wanda didn’t take Ogiwara seriously as a competitor and disrespected her several times in the opening minutes: mussing her hair, lightly slapping her across the face, that sort of thing. Ogiwara fired back with a stiff series of blows that nearly took Wanda apart. She then hit a quick suplex and pinned her. The ref actually made it to two before Wanda kicked free. It was on at that point. Both women stepped things up and Ogiwara showed her flexibility in her offense by changing tactics seemingly at random. Wanda had a hard time keeping up but she did managed to get in a few licks of her own. Wanda finally managed to stagger Ogiwara and measured her for a Dish of the Day. She went for the kick, only to have Ogiwara duck it. Ogiwara then kicked Wanda in the gut and hefted her up for a Sensational Stunner. WINNER: [B]The Sensational Ogiwara [/B]in 15:19 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 24) Ogiwara came up to Wanda after the match and bowed in respect. Wanda glared at her and left the ring without returning the bow. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 25) A video played, hyping Davis’s quest to become Nemesis’s lackey, only to wind up challenging Izaak. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 26) [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON vs. IZAAK TISCHLER (c)[/B] for the [COLOR="Red"]MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] WHOA! Where the.... How did.... I am stunned. Absolutely stunned. Perhaps Izaak Tischler is a mind reader. I have no idea. This was just .... My guess is that they were able to build off the momentum of the previous match, but even still.... In case you hadn’t guessed, this was a phenomenal match, on par with the match where Alicia went over Wanda a few months back. Davis and Izaak had the crowd in the palm of their hands the whole time, trading blow after blow, switching up their offense, scoring near fall after perilously close near fall. In the end, Izaak picked up the win with a Crucifix Slam, but the crowd didn’t seem to care. They were on their feet, screaming their approval. WINNER:[B] Izaak Tischler [/B]in 23:35 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]A*[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] I walked Marc out to his car after the arena had emptied out. We hugged briefly and I thanked him again for coming down from NOTBPW for the one match. Marc said it was his pleasure and said we’d have to do it again sometime. If we keep on putting on shows like this, it may be sooner rather than later. But it’ll be a few weeks before Ernest will be back. He suffered a broken collar bone during his match and is out of action for 25 days. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Masters of the Ring”[/COLOR][/U] [I]Marc du Bois defeated Mainstream Hernandez (c) for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Steven Parker defeated Mean Jean Cattley [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]The Joeys defeated Fire & Ice (c) for [COLOR="red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Jay Chord defeated Ernest Youngman to capture [COLOR="red"]the MWA Ringmaster Title [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Matthew Gauge defeated Greg Gauge [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]The Sensational Ogiwara defeated Wanda Fish [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Izaak Tischler (c) defeated Davis Wayne Newton to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 4, April 2013[/I] Held at the Laurent Ballroom in the New England Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] The Rev and Emma Chase welcomed the audience to the show. 1) Izaak Tischler came out to a chorus of boos. He basked in the noise for a while before he ordered the audience to zip it. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“This past Sunday, Davis Wayne Newton and I put on an epic match, the kind that you piddly little morons will be talking about for years to come. We smashed each other to pieces. I bet Davis feared for his life at certain points. But then the match came to its anticlimactic end. I mean, really, were any of you surprised at the outcome? I wasn’t. We all knew that I would emerge victorious. “So Davis, I hope you enjoyed the limelight while you had it, ‘cuz your fifteen minutes are up. Have fun slummin’ in the midcard, ‘cuz that’s where you belong.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 2) [B]JOANNE RODRIGUEZ vs. THOMAS MORGAN (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] As Thomas made his way to the ring, the Rev commented that Thomas seemed a bit unhinged lately. He said that some people were starting to talk about it backstage. Emma said that if he was unhinged, it wasn’t a bad thing since he won the Rising Star title off of Greg Gauge last week. This match proved that something wasn’t quite right with Thomas. He didn’t seem entirely there. There were a couple of times where his eyes were unfocused after J-Ro hit him. In the end, Thomas seemed to snap and he took J-Ro down and got her to tap with a camel clutch. WINNER: [B]Thomas Morgan [/B]in 6:48 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 3) Thomas didn’t release the hold. He simply cackled loudly and cinched it up even tighter. The ref finally had to pry his fingers apart to get J-Ro out of there. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 4) In a video shot earlier in the day, Greg Gauge visited Sam Keith’s bedside. Greg was absolutely beside himself, apologizing to his father for the fact that he didn’t teach Matt any manners or respect. Sam tried to get Greg to calm down, but Greg refused, saying that he would be ready the next time the Gauge brothers were in the ring together. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 5) Nemesis came out to the ring wearing a gaudy neckbrace. He glared at the crowd who seemed to take particular delight in his discomfort. He went off on a rage about how Marc du Bois punked him out this past Sunday. He swore revenge, but said that Marc was safely up in Canada again. He then addressed the problem with the MWA Regional Championship. Technically Marc won but since he refused to sign with the company, Nemesis was stripping him of the title [COLOR="DarkGreen"](“That seems like closing the barn door after the horses have escaped,”[/COLOR] the Rev commented). He said at the next pay-per-view, “Unbowed, Unbroken,” there would be a ladder match. He said that since Mainstream Hernandez lost the title in such an unorthodox manner, the booking committee ([COLOR="darkgreen"]“the soft-hearted morons”[/COLOR]) are insisting that Mainstream be one of the participants. The other competitors would be determined the next four weeks in a series of special matches. The winners of those matches would be in. He called out one of the first possible competitors, namely Hugh de Aske. He said that he had a special match in mind for Hugh. He reminded the audience how Marc said the reason why he came down to the MWA was because a friend of his said it would be “fun.” [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Now, does that remind any of you of what one of our wrestlers says all the time?”[/COLOR] The smirk disappeared from Hugh’s face as Nemesis accused him of being the one who suggested Marc come down and mess with him. Hugh tried to deny it, but Nemesis wasn’t listening. He said that Hugh would be in a qualifying match later ... against Vengeance! Now Hugh looked positively sick. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 6) Nemesis left the ring, wincing at the pain in his neck. He was surprised by Davis Wayne Newton, who respectfully asked for a rematch against Izaak Tischler at “Unbowed, Unbroken.” Nemesis said that today was not a good day to bother him. When Davis didn’t let it drop, Nemesis flat out refused, saying that Davis wouldn’t get that rematch ever. Instead, he booked him in the main event for tonight ... against Alicia Strong! RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 7) [B]REMMY SKYE vs. MEAN JEAN CATTLEY[/B] The Rev opined about how both men must have been stinging after their losses at “Masters of the Ring.” Well, it was hard to tell with Remmy. He simply took Mean Jean apart methodically and finished him off with a Skye Driver. WINNER: [B]Remmy Skye [/B]in 7:34 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 8) Wanda Fish appeared on screen. She seemed particularly rattled. She said that Ogiwara’s win against her this past Sunday was a fluke. She said she was jetlagged. She then blamed the water. Excuse after excuse poured out of her mouth about why she was pinned before, flustered, she dashed off screen. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 9) [B]THE JOEYS (c) vs. THE TITANS[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] Emma really hyped up the Joey’s title win from this past Sunday. The Rev argued with her that they cheated to get their belts. Emma coolly observed that the ref didn’t see it, so it didn’t happen. The ref was blind once again, missing most of the ways that the Joeys cheated to blunt the Titans considerable offense. In the end, Joey Beauchamp made Primus Allen tap by getting him in a Texas Cloverleaf then using the ropes for additional leverage. WINNER: [B]The Joeys [/B]in 7:12 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 10) Greg Gauge appeared on screen. He raged against his brother, saying he wasn’t a team player. He dared Matt to step into the ring against him again at “Unbowed, Unbroken.” He promised that things would be different this time. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 11) [B]HUGH de ASKE vs. VENGEANCE[/B] I’m halfway expecting a fan to show up at one of our shows with a sing that says “BAD CHEMISTRY.” He could hold it up for every match and be right half the time. Vengeance tore Hugh apart in the match, stalking him and battering him around the ring. The Rev tried to cover up the missed spots by speculating as to why Vengeance had become so dark and intense recently. Emma said the change suited him, saying he was better this way. In the end, though, Hugh managed to surprise everyone by taking Vengeance out with a Skull and Cross Bones. WINNER: [B]Hugh de Aske [/B]in 8:31 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 12) Jay Chord came out to the ring, waving to the crowd. He thanked them for their support, saying that it meant a lot to him to win the first ever Ringmaster tournament. He once again dedicated his victory to the memory of his father Rip. He then proceeded to gush all over the fans. Apparently Des Davids heard enough. He came out to the ring and told Jay that if he had been in the final match, things would have been different. He pointed out the fact that Ernest Youngman barely squeaked into the final match, only to be injured. Des promised that if he had been in the ring, he wouldn’t have broken a collarbone. He would have snapped Jay in half and he would be the Ringmaster. The two got in each other’s faces but Des threw the first punch. The two went after each other before security personnel swarmed the ring and separated them. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 13) [B]ALICIA STRONG vs. DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON[/B] Neither one wanted to be in the ring. They did share a half-hearted handshake before the bell rung. But once things got started, you could tell they left their inhibitions behind. They put on a decent match, knocking each other around the ring. Toward the end of the match, Alicia managed to throw Davis out of the ring. When he tried to get back in, she hit a baseball slide that slammed Davis head-first into the security rail, knocking him silly. Referee Jez McArthuer started counting him out. That’s when Wanda Fish hit the ring and nailed a picture-perfect Dish of the Day, taking Alicia out. Davis eventually recovered and got into the ring. He seemed a bit confused, but he made the pin anyway. WINNER: [B]Davis Wayne Newton [/B]in 13:22 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 14) Wanda scrambled back into the ring and continued to beatdown Alicia. Davis tried to intervene, only to be rewarded with a Dish of the Day of his own. The assault continued only to be broken up by the Sensational Ogiwara, who came out and chased Wanda out of the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] On average not too bad. We got a rating of 5.58. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Thomas Morgan (c) defeated Joanne Rodriguez to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Remmy Skye defeated Mean Jean Cattley [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]The Joeys (c) defeated the Titans to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Hugh de Aske defeated Vengeance [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Davis Wayne Newton defeated Alicia Strong [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 1, May 2013[/I] Held at Irvine Hall in the Mid South Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] The Rev and Emma Chase welcomed the audience to the show. 1) A graphic announced that tonight, Izaak Tischler would defend his title against his former partner in the Foundation, Steven Parker. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Steven Parker? Really? So Nemesis thought our Grand Champion needed a night off then?” [/COLOR]the Rev asked. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 2) Alicia and Sensational Ogiwara came out. Alicia hesitantly issued a rematch challenge for her mentor, telling Wanda Fish that Ogiwara wanted another chance to teach her some respect. It was clear that Alicia didn’t think this was such a good idea, but when she hesitated too much, Ogiwara took the mic and released a stream of invective in Japanese. Wanda came out to the ring and said that she accepted. She warned Ogiwara that things wouldn’t be as easy this time around. And then Nemesis made his appearance. He said he was all for the rematch, but he was going to stir the pot a little. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Over the next two weeks before ‘Unbowed, Unbroken,’ I’m going to let you two book each other in whatever kind of match you want. Consider it a chance to weaken ... er, warm up your opponent.” [/COLOR] He then excused himself and gravely told everyone on the roster to leave him alone. He had serious business to take care of. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] for the challenge; [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] for the acceptance; [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] for Nemesis’ announcement 3) [B]FUMIHIRO OTA vs. PRIMUS ALLEN[/B] I don’t think I ever gave the MWA a motto. How does this grab you: “The MWA – We have no chemistry.” Guess what I discovered! At any rate, the Rev explained that this was a ladder match qualifier. Whoever won would go on to face Mainstream Hernandez, Hugh de Aske and whoever else won the qualifiers over the next two weeks for the MWA Regional Championship at “Unbowed, Unbroken.” Fumihiro tried to systematically take Primus apart, but in the end, Primus powered through and took his opponent out with a Running Powerslam. WINNER: [B]Primus Allen [/B]in 9:35 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 4) Steve Gumble appeared on screen. He addressed himself to Thomas Morgan. He chewed Thomas out for attacking J-Ro, saying that J-Ro was on the sidelines this week. He promised to make Thomas pay for his ungentlemanly behavior. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] 5) Nemesis appeared on screen in his office. He was on his cell phone, raging at whoever was on the other end. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Listen here, Stone! You better return my calls ASAP! I want that punk du Bois down here so I can beat some respect into him. An’ if you don’t produce him, I’m going to get the cops on his tail for assault. I’m sure you don’t need that kinda bad press! So get back to me pronto or you’re gonna get it!”[/COLOR] Nemesis shut off his cell phone and then, in a fit of pique, tossed it across the room so it shattered against a wall. Then there was a knock at the door. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Who is it? You better be ready to get fired! I said nobody should disturb...”[/COLOR] Nemesis’s voice trailed off as he answered the door. He stared in shock at the clown that stood in the doorway. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“What the hell are you?” “Singing telegram!”[/COLOR] The clown raised a pitchpipe to his lips and blew an off-key note (it sounded like two or three at the same time). He then started warbling a really bad poem, saying that Dan Stone said Marc was staying in Canada. Then he revealed that Nemesis punished the wrong guy last week, that it wasn’t Hugh de Aske who told Marc to come to the MWA. Instead, it was the same guy who sent the clown with the following message. The clown suddenly stopped singing and then, much to everyone’s surprise, kicked Nemesis in the gut, snared him, and then dropped him through his desk with a Whiplash Slam. The clown straightened up and pulled off the puffy wig and big nose to reveal.... [COLOR="darkgreen"]“[B]Randy Bumfhole[/B]!” [/COLOR]Emma screamed. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“What is this? Some sort of reunion?”[/COLOR] Randy smirked at the camera. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Marc was right. That is a lot of fun. But you know, long as I’m here, I might as well put in a match. What do you guys think?” [/COLOR] The crowd roared it’s approval. [COLOR="darkgreen"] “So here’s what I’ll do. Anyone who wants a shot at me, you just go ahead and meet me out in the ring later.”[/COLOR] Randy went out the door and started down the hall, only to pause for a moment. The camera swung around to reveal Steven Parker lying on the floor, clutching his head and groaning. Randy smiled again. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Good to be back in the U.S.!”[/COLOR] As he walked off, the Rev wondered what this would mean for Izaak’s title defense. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] for the attack and the open challenge; [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] for Parker injured 6) Joey Poison was in the ring with his tag title belt. For some reason, he started mocking Greg Gauge. Apparently Greg heard enough and charged the ring, getting into a fight. A ref quickly followed him out. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 7) [B]GREG GAUGE vs. JOEY POISON[/B] Wow, this kind of made up for the crappy opening match. The crowd must be in a good mood for some reason ... like an over worker surprisingly showing up. Maybe. Who knows. At any rate, Greg tore Joey apart and didn’t let up on him for a moment. Before Joey knew what was happening, Greg had him down in the Proton Lock and Joey quickly tapped out. WINNER: [B]Greg Gauge [/B]in 10:28 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 8) But Joey didn’t release the Proton Lock. If anything, he cinched it up tighter. Joey screamed in agony as Greg roared defiance at the ref, who ordered him to break the hold. When Greg finally did, he glared down at Joey and the Rev wondered if maybe Greg was seeing his brother there instead. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 9) [B]JUNIOR vs. VENGEANCE[/B] Emma sourly observed that Junior probably enjoyed the previous match, seeing as one half of the Joeys was taken out, and especially since Fire & Ice had just cashed in their rematch clause for “Unbowed, Unbroken.” If Junior was celebrating, it didn’t last for long. Vengeance was focused and dangerous, countering most of Junior’s offense and finally putting her down with a Justice Crusher. WINNER: [B]Vengeance[/B] in 7:56 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 10) Izaak Tischler came out to the ring next. He said it was a shame that Parker got taken out backstage, that he was really looking forward to the epic battle the two of them likely would have had. But since Parker was down and out, he guessed that meant a forfeit and a win for him. He shrugged and started for the back. But then Davis Wayne Newton came out. He told Izaak to stay right there. He said that with Nemesis down and out, the booking committee was in charge. And he had just gotten off the phone with the booking committee. Guess what? They changed Izaak’s title defense. He was still going to have to fight, only he’d be facing Davis ... right now. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 11) [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON vs. IZAAK TISCHLER (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] Davis charged the ring before Izaak could react and the match got started off quickly and hot. Davis simply overwhelmed Izaak and the champ had to bail out of the ring to catch his breath. Davis finally had to pull Izaak back into the ring by his hair to keep the match going. Izaak never really got a chance to fight. Every time he started to rally some offense, Davis would simply power through it and keep up his assault. Izaak finally bailed completely, retrieving his title belt and leaving the ring completely. The ref counted him out, but the Rev groused that Izaak would retain the title since Davis didn’t win by pinfall our submission. WINNER: [B]Davis Wayne Newton [/B]by count-out in 8:22 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 12) Des Davids came out to the ring. He observed that no one had been man enough to take up Randy Bumfhole’s challenge ([COLOR="DarkGreen"]“not even our undeserving Ringmaster”[/COLOR]) so he was going to man up and do the job. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 13) [B]RANDY BUMFHOLE vs. DES DAVIDS[/B] What a match! I don’t think we’ve had one like this on TV before. God bless Joey Poison traveling to Canada. It’s been worth every penny for airfare. Des put up some good offense to get the match going, but Randy was able to fire back. The two put on a heck of a match but it was very clear that Des wasn’t going to win this match. Randy was simply too on top of things for that. In the end, Des dragged Randy out of the ring and drove him through the announce table. Referee Jez McArthuer immediately disqualified Des. WINNER: [B]Randy Bumfhole by DQ [/B]in 9:48 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] 14) Des smirked down at Randy’s fallen form. That’s when Jay Chord came out of the crowd and attacked him. The two brawled around the ring as the show went off the air. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] We definitely recovered after that opening match. I love our working relationship with NOTBPW. It’s good to get workers from the only Global fed in the world. We got a rating of 6.35, which very well may be the highest rating we’ve achieved so far. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Primus Allen defeated Fumihiro Ota [/I]- [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Greg Gauge defeated Joey Poison [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Vengeance defeated Junior [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Davis Wayne Newton defeated Izaak Tischler (c) by count-out so Izaak retains [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Randy Bumfhole defeated Des Davids by DQ [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][SIZE="3"][B]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/B][/SIZE] [I]Thursday of Week 2, May 2013[/I] Held at the McGaw Arena in the Tri State Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] The Rev and Emma Chase welcomed the audience to the show. 1) Things got started with the announcement that tonight, we’d see Alicia Strong take on Wanda Fish. Apparently this match was set up by the Sensation Ogiwara. The Rev said that this was a great chance for anyone who missed the epic matches these two put on. Emma countered by saying that Ogiwara obviously didn’t pay attention to those matches. Wanda ultimately won that feud and Emma said the mentor was sending her protégé to the slaughter. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 2) But things started off with Izaak Tischler in Nemesis’s office. Izaak complained about how Davis Wayne Newton took advantage of the chaos last week and almost won the title. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“After I so carefully took out Steven Parker to make sure I wouldn’t have to wrestle, Newton comes traipsing in and almost wrecks it all!”[/COLOR] Nemesis, who looked even worse for wear after last week’s attack, glared at Izaak. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Well what do you want me to do about it?”[/COLOR] Izaak grumbled, then brightened. He pointed out that Davis was a loose cannon, a dangerous commodity to have in the backstage area. He insinuated that he was fearful that he would be injured if Davis snapped. Nemesis smiled (a move that seemed to hurt him) and said he’d take care of it. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 3) [B]STEVEN PARKER vs. THOMAS MORGAN (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] The Rev tried to pass off the bad chemistry (yes, again!) between these two as Parker feeling the after effects of Izaak’s beatdown last week. Whatever the case, these two put on a halfway decent match, one that ended with Thomas getting Parker in the Camel Clutch. WINNER: [B]Thomas Morgan [/B]in 10:53 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 4) Thomas then got the mic and laughed maniacally. He mocked Steve Gumble, demanding to know what he thought he was going to do about his so-called [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“attitude problem.” [/COLOR] He said Gumble was fooling himself. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 5) Nemesis came out to the ring entrance with mic in hand. He said that for the safety of the roster, he was barring Davis Wayne Newton from the building. He gave security orders to find Davis and throw him out and then added that if Newton tried to re-enter, he was to be arrested. The audience booed him, but Nemesis just smirked at them and walked backstage. The camera followed him as he practically limped down the hall. He sneered at some of the backstage workers. Just as he was about to open the door to his office, though, a voice said, [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Candygram.”[/COLOR] Nemesis froze and turned around stiffly. The camera swung around to reveal that the speaker was none other than [B]Tim Westybrook[/B] (yes, Joey Poison is wracking up the frequent flier miles). Tim gave Nemesis a feral smile and took a step toward him. Nemesis threw up his hands. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Now hold on! I know you’re here to beat me up, but let’s make a deal. How about I give you something instead?”[/COLOR] Tim stopped and motioned for Nemesis to continue. Nemesis was talking fast. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Now, I can’t give you a title shot, you know. You guys keep hopping back up north and I don’t want to see any of my titles going with you. But this is what I’ll do: you and Izaak Tischler tonight in the main event. Okay?”[/COLOR] Tim thought it over for a second, then jumped at Nemesis as if he was going to attack. Nemesis shrieked and threw up his hands to protect himself. When nothing happened, he peeked at Tim, who laughed and said, [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Deal.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] for barring Newton; [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] for the match making. 6) The Rev played up Tim’s appearance in the MWA, but Emma blew it off, saying it was getting old really fast. She then introduced a video package of Greg Gauge training for his rematch against his brother, Matt. We saw Greg shadowboxing, stretching out, lifting weights, looking fierce and ready to kill. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 7) [B]JAY CHORD vs. VENGEANCE[/B] Hallelujah! Neutral chemistry! It’s sad that I’m actually excited by that! The opening minutes really cooked with Jay and Vengeance trading blows and slipping out of holds. But that’s about all we got out of the match. Des Davids charged the ring and flattened Jay with a chair. But the little we saw made the audience hungry for more. WINNER: [B]Jay Chord by DQ [/B]in 3:10 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 8) Des smirked at Vengeance. Vengeance, it appeared, smiled back, but then the smile vanished. He knocked the chair out of Des’s hands and slammed him face-first into it with a Justice Crusher before rolling out of the ring and marching backstage. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 9) Nemesis was behind his desk, pouring himself a drink, when the doors to his office burst open. Izaak Tischler stormed in and demanded to know what Nemesis was doing. [COLOR="DarkGreen"] “We get rid of Davis and you throw me to Tim Westybrook? What the hell is your problem?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I didn’t have much choice. I get attacked again, my health insurance goes way the heck up!” [/COLOR]Nemesis snapped back. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Oh, great. You save your skin by risking my neck? That’s just great!” “Correct me if I’m wrong, but aren’t I the boss here? And if I’m the boss, that means I can put you in any match I want at any time. So guess what? The match is on. Now get out of my face before I change my mind and make it a title defense!”[/COLOR] Izaak glared at Nemesis and then stormed out of the office. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 10) [B]MEAN JEAN CATTLEY vs. BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH[/B] And whatever momentum we were building died. You guessed it. Bad chemistry. Sadly this mess dragged on. Not even the Rev or Emma could salvage it, no matter how much they tried to hype up the fact that whoever won this match earned a spot in the ladder match for the Regional Championship. Bulldozer finally put us all out of our misery with an Inverted Piledriver. WINNER: [B]Bulldozer Brandon Smith [/B]in 10:48 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 11) [B]ALICIA STRONG vs. WANDA FISH[/B] Thank goodness for the ladies. These two put on a great match as usual and really washed the taste of that last one out of our collective mouths. Wanda was all over Alicia from the get go. Alicia got her licks in and even scored a near fall, but Wanda simply overwhelmed her and finally knocked her almost senseless with a well-timed Dish of the Day. WINNER: [B]Wanda Fish [/B]in 10:45 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 12) Wanda then got the mic and taunted Ogiwara, asking if this was what she was after. She nudged Alicia with her boot a few times before rolling out of the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 13) [B]TIM WESTYBROOK vs. IZAAK TISCHLER[/B] A good cap that will hopefully save our collective bacon. Izaak looked simply terrified as Tim made his way to the ring. The fans ate it up, chanting [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Iron Man! Iron Man!” [/COLOR]Tim was all business, taking the fight to Izaak immediately. Izaak managed to take the lead a few times, scoring the first nearfall. He came close a second time, only he used the ropes for leverage and was caught. In the end, though, Tim put him out of his misery with a Double Powerbomb. WINNER: [B]Tim Westybrook [/B]in 16:01 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 14) Tim left the ring, waving to the fans. Izaak eventually wobbled to his feet. That’s when Davis Wayne Newton vaulted the security railing and slid into the ring, taking Davis down with a series of German suplexes. He then escaped the ring and was chased out of the arena by a flock of security guards. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Oh, thank goodness. Those last two matches did save us. We got a rating of 6.40. I hope no one minds the numerous cameos. :) FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Thomas Morgan (c) defeated Steven Parker to retain the MWA Rising Star Title [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Jay Chord defeated Vengeance by DQ [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Bulldozer Brandon Smith defeated Jay Chord [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] [I]Wanda Fish defeated Alicia Strong [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Tim Westybrook defeated Izaak Tischler [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Scapino1974;274036][CENTER][SIZE="3"][B]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/B][/SIZE] [I]Thursday of Week 2, May 2013[/I] Held at the McGaw Arena in [b]the Tri State Territory[/b] 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] *snip* The camera followed him as he practically limped down the hall. He sneered at some of the backstage workers. Just as he was about to open the door to his office, though, a voice said, [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Candygram.”[/COLOR] *snip* Tim thought it over for a second, then jumped at Nemesis as if he was going to attack. [b]Nemesis shrieked and threw up his hands to protect himself. [/b]When nothing happened, he peeked at Tim, who laughed and said, [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Deal.”[/COLOR] *snip* 6) The Rev played up Tim’s appearance in the MWA, but [b]Emma blew it off, saying it was getting old really fast.[/b] *snip* I hope no one minds the numerous cameos. :) FROM MWA.COM -[/QUOTE] Funny you should mention that. I used to really enjoy this dynasty Scap and thought he influx of Nemesis as the Authority Figure was a golden opportunity to revitalize the dynasty. Which while good had been in some minor doldrums. When you fired Ash Campbell I thought... ok... this could be good. Dad's showing from the outset that he's taking no guff from anyone. But then came the castration of Nemesis and his legacy. Good grief you jumped the shark with the past three cameos. Nemesis not fighting back? Nemesis shrieking like a girl in the Tri-State Area? Up next... Nemesis in a dress? Nemesis in a pope-mobile. No... wait... finally got it. Next week Nemesis jobs to Victoria Stone! Brilliant! Emma is now the most hardcore character in your diary! Sorry Scap you took a great promising idea and executed it about as well as the WWE's inVasion. I don't see you saving this morass of sinking mediocrity.

[QUOTE=Beeker;274060]Funny you should mention that. I used to really enjoy this dynasty Scap and thought he influx of Nemesis as the Authority Figure was a golden opportunity to revitalize the dynasty. Which while good had been in some minor doldrums. When you fired Ash Campbell I thought... ok... this could be good. Dad's showing from the outset that he's taking no guff from anyone. But then came the castration of Nemesis and his legacy. Good grief you jumped the shark with the past three cameos. Nemesis not fighting back? Nemesis shrieking like a girl in the Tri-State Area? Up next... Nemesis in a dress? Nemesis in a pope-mobile. No... wait... finally got it. Next week Nemesis jobs to Victoria Stone! Brilliant! Emma is now the most hardcore character in your diary! Sorry Scap you took a great promising idea and executed it about as well as the WWE's inVasion. I don't see you saving this morass of sinking mediocrity.[/QUOTE] For me, I'm enjoying it thoroughly. I expect you're going somewhere good with this, and I've learned in the past to be patient through any slow buildup. Karma started slow, and seeing them all back now makes me wonder what's going to happen...well, ok, two of them and Westybrook.

[QUOTE=steev42;274098]For me, I'm enjoying it thoroughly. I expect you're going somewhere good with this, and I've learned in the past to be patient through any slow buildup. Karma started slow, and seeing them all back now makes me wonder what's going to happen...well, ok, two of them and Westybrook.[/QUOTE] True, true. I was admittedly much more of a mark for the karma-era SWF diary than I have been for MWA, so I really enjoy having the major players from that diary show up here. And let's face it with all the chemistry BS Scapino's had to deal with, you can't blame him for a little hotshotting to rebuild his momentum. As far as Nemesis goes, I've never really been that into him. If he was going to be getting in the ring, it would be different, but if he's just going to be an authority figure, than I don't really give a d*** if his legacy is protected or not. He's not going to be wrestling again, and really with the timeframe of this diary, wouldn't have for a couple of years, so a little reinvention is ok, and he shouldn't be portrayed as being able to go toe to toe with wrestlers anymore. He's RETIRED.

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 3, May 2013[/I] (The Go-Home Show for [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Unbowed, Unbroken”[/COLOR]) Held at the Gorski Ballroom in the South West Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] The Rev and Emma Chase welcomed the audience to the show. 1) Emma crowed about how tonight, the Sensational Ogiwara would be in a handicap match against the tag team champions, the Joeys. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Wanda certainly did the right thing by booking this match!”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 2) Speaking of Wanda, she was backstage and not looking happy. She faced both Nemesis and Izaak Tischler. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Here’s what I’ve been thinking,” [/COLOR]Nemesis said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I’m thinking that someone’s been bringing these clowns into the MWA to mess with me. And as I thought about it, I realized that someone on our roster had a pretty strong connection with Marc and Randy ... right, Wanda?”[/COLOR] Wanda looked at Nemesis in shock. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You think I wanted them to show up and beat you up?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“They didn’t beat me up!” [/COLOR]Nemesis shouted, but you could tell the strain hurt him a little. Wanda rolled her eyes. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Whatever. Okay, it’s true, I was close to Marc and Randy five or six years ago. But I haven’t spoken to either of them in months. And besides, that doesn’t explain Tim. He didn’t even run in the same crew.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“True,” [/COLOR]Nemesis admitted. [COLOR="darkgreen"] “But then what do Marc du Bois, Randy Bumfhole, and Tim Westybrook have in common?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Well, all three of them worked out east at the same time,” [/COLOR]Izaak observed. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“They did. And they all worked with...” [/COLOR]Nemesis’s eyes blazed for a second. [COLOR="darkgreen"] “... with Scapino.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“That would make sense,”[/COLOR] Wanda said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I think he stays in contact with his old friends.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“So what are we going to do?” [/COLOR]Izaak asked. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Leave it to me,” [/COLOR]Nemesis growled. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I’ll take care of it.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 3) [B]GREG GAUGE vs. HUGH de ASKE[/B] Pretty good opening match. Hugh didn’t seem too eager to get into a brawl, something that the Rev said he understood, seeing as how Hugh was involved in the ladder match this Sunday. But Greg didn’t seem to hold anything back. He was all over the pirate and eventually got him to tap out with a Proton Lock. WINNER: [B]Greg Gauge [/B]in 9:19 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 4) Izaak Tischler and Nemesis came out to the ring entrance. Izaak went first, addressing Davis Wayne Newton. He admitted to being a bit ticked over Davis’s antics lately. He then said that he knew Davis wasn’t going to let up. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I respect that,” [/COLOR]Izaak said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You’re tenacious. But it won’t do you any good. See, I’m not scared of you. And to prove it, how about I give you that rematch you wanted. This Sunday, you and me, and I’ll even put my title on the line.”[/COLOR] Nemesis took the mic and said that he’d make that match a reality. He then moved on. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Scapino, I know it was you. I know you’re the one messin’ with me. Well, it’s gonna end this Sunday. See, I just made the main event for ‘Unbowed, Unbroken.’ It’s gonna be me, returning to the ring for the first time in three years ... against you. Better make sure your affairs are in order, Scap. I’m gonna kill you this weekend.”[/COLOR] As Nemesis and Izaak left, the Rev raged about Nemesis, saying that I wasn’t a wrestler, that the last time I was in the ring during a match it was as a ref for a company out west. Emma coolly responded that I brought it on myself. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] for Izaak’s challenge; Nemesis for the match announcement 5) [B]THE CALAMARI KID vs. THOMAS MORGAN[/B] I have no idea where this one came from. The Rev explained that this was a qualifying match to fill the last slot in the ladder match. He said that it would be quite the feather in Thomas’s cap to be both the Rising Star and the Regional Champ at the same time. And based on how well he and the Kid did together, it wouldn’t surprise me if he jumps into the upper cards soon. But that won’t happen soon. The Kid eventually took him down with a Squid Buster. WINNER: [B]The Calamari Kid [/B]in 9:48 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 6) Thomas didn’t look happy. He threw a miniature tantrum in the middle of the ring over the loss, but stopped as Steve Gumble charged out of the back. Thomas bailed out of the ring and quickly retreated through the crowd, Steve hot on his heels. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 7) Backstage, Sensational Ogiwara was getting ready for her handicap match. Alicia Strong glumly watched as her mentor taped up her wrists and stretched out. Alicia then launched into a passionate plea to take it easy. Alicia said she had been thinking about it, and maybe it would be better if they just let it all go. She said that Wanda would be hard to beat, especially since she obviously had Nemesis’ ear. Ogiwara ignored what she was saying and eventually walked out of the lockerroom. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 8) Des Davids appeared on screen. He said that this Sunday, he was going to prove himself the superior of Jay Chord. But he said first things first. Tonight, he was facing Davis Wayne Newton in the main event. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“And the way I see it, if I can beat him, I’ll prove who the true king of the mountain is here. I mean, Newton’s the #1 Contender now, right? So if I can pin him, that means I’m better than him, right? So it’s time for Des Davids to come into his own.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 9) [B]FIRE & ICE vs. THE TITANS[/B] Remmy was a bit off his game tonight and I couldn’t really tell why. It was a pretty good brawl all around. Junior seemed to be overwhelmed a few times, but she would always fire back and fight back. In the end, Remmy took down Bulldozer Brandon Smith with a Skye Driver. WINNERS: [B]Fire & Ice [/B]in 8:45 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 10) As the Titans slunk off to the back, Junior and Remmy got the mics and hyped up their rematch against the Joeys. They said that the Joeys weren’t going to leave the champs. Remmy and Junior would reclaim what was rightfully theirs. Out came the Joeys. They “respectfully” disagreed, saying that they were going to stomp Fire & Ice into the ground just as thoroughly as they were going to bury Ogiwara tonight. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] for Fire & Ice; [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] for the Joeys 11) [B]SENSATIONAL OGIWARA vs. THE JOEYS [/B]in [COLOR="Purple"]a handicap match[/COLOR] Ogiwara seemed unnaturally calm as the tag champs circled her before the bell rang. From the way they danced around, you could tell that the Joeys didn’t take her seriously. They quickly learned why that was a mistake. The second the bell rang, Ogiwara struck, clearing out the ring. From then on, she was pretty much completely in charge. The Joeys did their best to slow her down and even stop her, but in the end, Ogiwara tossed Joey Poison over the top rope and took Joey Beauchamp out with a Sensational Stunner. WINNER: [B]Sensational Ogiwara [/B]in 11:40 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 12) [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON vs. DES DAVIDS[/B] This was a solid ending to the show. It was a little bit of an overbooked brawl but the audience really got into the chaos. Both men took the lead at various times only to have the momentum swing the other way suddenly. At one point, while Des had the ref distracted, Izaak Tischler hit the ring and took out Davis. Des tried to capitalize but Davis still managed to kick out. A few minutes later, they wound up taking out the referee, which allowed Jay to come in and take out Des with a Super DDT. In the end, though, Davis took Des out with a Fisherman’s Suplex. WINNER: [B]Davis Wayne Newton [/B]in 11:59 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] As the show went off the air, the Rev and Emma Chase ran down the card for “Unbowed, Unbroken” -- [B]FIRE & ICE vs. THE JOEYS (c) for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship [/COLOR][/B]([COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR]) [B]MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ vs. THE CALAMARI KID vs. PRIMUS ALLEN vs. BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH vs. HUGH de ASKE in [COLOR="Purple"]a ladder match [/COLOR]for [COLOR="red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] [/B]([COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR]) [B]GREG GAUGE vs. MATTHEW GAUGE [/B]([COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR]) [B]JAY CHORD vs. DES DAVIDS [/B]([COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR]) [B]SENSATIONAL OGIWARA vs. WANDA FISH [/B]([COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR]) [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON vs. IZAAK TISCHLER (c) for [COLOR="red"]the MWA Grand Championship [/COLOR][/B]([COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR]) [B]JOHN “SCAPINO” OTTE vs. NEMESIS [/B]([COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR]) [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Good show all around. I hope we can keep this sort of momentum going. We got a rating of 5.90. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Greg Gauge defeated Hugh de Aske [/I]- [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]The Calamari Kid defeated Thomas Morgan [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Fire & Ice defeated the Titans [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Sensational Ogiwara defeated the Joeys in [COLOR="purple"]a handicap match [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Davis Wayne Newton defeated Des Davids [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

From MWA.com - [QUOTE][CENTER][SIZE="3"]Be sure to order [B][COLOR="DarkRed"]“Unbowed, Unbroken”[/COLOR][/B] this Sunday, exclusively on Pay-Per-View![/SIZE][/CENTER] Featuring the following matches: [B][I]Des Davids takes on Jay Chord [/I][/B]- Des has publically said that he thinks he could have won the MWA Ringmaster Title a month ago. Now he’s out to humiliate Jay Chord. But Jay has proven time after time that he can hold his own in the ring. Who will emerge victorious? [B][I]Greg Gauge seeks revenge against his brother, Matthew Gauge [/I][/B]- The family feud continues as Matt returns from Japan. Greg has been training all month for this confrontation. Has it been enough? Will Greg win the fight? Or will Matt defeated his brother a second time? [B][I]Mainstream Hernandez, Bulldozer Brandon Smith, Hugh de Aske, Primus Allen, and the Calamari Kid go head-to-head in [COLOR="Purple"]a ladder match [/COLOR]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship [/COLOR][/I][/B]- This title has been vacant for a month ever since Marc du Bois’s surprise appearance at “Masters of the Ring.” Now these five men will step into the squared circle for a chance to claim the prize. [B][I]The Joeys defend [COLOR="red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship [/COLOR]against Fire & Ice [/I][/B]- Last month Joey Poison and Joey Beauchamp debuted their tag team and scored a major victory by claiming gold. But many, including former champs Fire & Ice, are less than impressed in the way they won the titles. Now Junior and Remmy Skye have the chance to reclaim the titles. Who will leave the ring with the gold around their waists? [B][I]The Sensational Ogiwara clashes with Wanda Fish [/I][/B]- Wanda demanded a rematch three weeks ago after Ogiwara came from Japan to teach her a lesson. Ogiwara, despite Alicia Strong’s misgivings, has accepted and so the two will face off once again. Who will pick up the win this time? [B][I][COLOR="red"]MWA Grand Champion [/COLOR]Izaak Tischler goes toe-to-toe with Davis Wayne Newton [/I][/B]- Davis has been a thorn in the side of the champ for the past month and now, Izaak is out to end the nuisance. What will happen when Davis gets his wish? Is the Triple Threat enough to become the new MWA Grand Champion? Or will Izaak Tischler retain? [B][I]In a controversial main event, Nemesis and Scapino Otte fight it out [/I][/B]- Nemesis has blamed the former owner of the MWA for his recent woes and has demanded that the two of them face off. This will be the first time that Nemesis has set foot in a ring since his retirement. Will it be a bloodbath or will Scapino surprise us all and hand Nemesis a major upset? [CENTER]Order [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Unbowed, Unbroken”[/COLOR] this Sunday to find out![/CENTER][/QUOTE] Predictions, comments, and yes, even "jumping the shark" criticism are always welcome. ;)

[CENTER][I]MWA presents...[/I] [SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkRed"][B]“Unbowed, Unbroken”[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] [I]Sunday of Week 3, May 2013[/I] Held at Isaak Road Arena in the Mid Atlantic Territory 13,593 in attendance; Buy-rate of 1.95[/CENTER] The Rev and Emma Chase welcomed the fans to the show. 1) They started by reminding everyone that Izaak Tischler would defend his MWA Grand Championship against Davis Wayne Newton tonight. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 2) But what they really wanted to talk about was the controversial main event, namely Nemesis vs. Scapino. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“This is an absolute travesty!” [/COLOR]the Rev thundered on commentary. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Scapino Otte isn’t a wrestler and never has been. Sure, Nemesis is retired, but it’s like riding a bike. This is going to be a slaughter tonight, plain and simple.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“But Scapino brought this on himself,” [/COLOR]Emma countered. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“He should’ve known better than to mess with the boss!”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 3) Davis Wayne Newton appeared on screen and said that he was ready for his title shot. He found it ironic that he was in the Isaak Road Arena, because he said that his road did lead him to Izaak Tischler tonight. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“And at the end of the night, I will be MWA Grand Champion! Bank on it!”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 4) A video played, hyping the conflict between Jay Chord and Des Davids. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 5) [B]JAY CHORD vs. DES DAVIDS[/B] Des and Jay put together a great opening match. Both were focused and intense and kept the crowd popping but in the end, Jay picked up the win with a Cradle Piledriver. WINNER: [B]Jay Chord [/B]in 13:36 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 6) Matthew Gauge cut a scathing promo against his brother, saying that Greg was only going to humiliate himself again. He suggested that Greg quit while he was behind and leave well enough alone. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 7) Mainstream Hernandez made an appearance and said that tonight, he knew he was facing some vicious opponents but that didn’t matter. He was going to take back what should have been his all along, the MWA Regional Championship, and that none of his opponents would keep him from ascending that ladder. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 8) Backstage, Joey Beauchamp tried to psyche up Joey Poison for their rematch against Fire & Ice. He said it was their turn to shine, it was their turn to prove to the world why they were the best tag team out there. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 9) [B]FIRE & ICE vs. THE JOEYS (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Champio[/COLOR]nship Really good match overall. We’re off to a good start after these first two. I just hope we can maintain the momentum. At any rate, the Joeys continued to cheat their way through the match. But it wasn’t ever really enough to completely shut down Junior and Remmy. They continued to fight back and got in some good licks of their own. Finally though, Joey Poison took down Remmy with an Antidote Web. WINNERS: [B]The Joeys [/B]in 13:26 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 10) Backstage, Primus Allen and Bulldozer Brandon Smith got into a fight over who should watch whose back in the ladder match. The debate was never resolved and they wound up storming away from each other, both of them looking to be in foul moods. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 11) I then appeared on screen to a relative chorus of indifference. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“It’s good to be back although I wish I was here under better circumstances,” [/COLOR]I said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Nemesis, I have no beef with you. Honestly, I don’t. Let me tell you what happened. “A few weeks ago, a bunch of my former co-workers from ... well, from another promotion came over to my house for dinner. They wanted to cheer me up after you fired me. We got to talking and I jokingly said that it might be fun if they went and beat you up. I never thought they’d take me seriously, but they did. When I called them after their attacks, they told me they were my ‘guardian angels,’ that they only had my best interests in mind. “I know they didn’t intend for me to wind up here, about to face you in a match. That’s all right. I’m not angry at them. Instead, I’m going to warn you, Nemesis. If you strike me down, I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.”[/COLOR] My serious expression broke and I laughed. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Sorry, I always wanted to say that. But what I said still stands. You don’t want this match. Trust me. It’s better for you to just walk away.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 12) [B]GREG GAUGE vs. MATTHEW GAUGE[/B] Another great match from these two. They really put it on the line and gave a technical clinic that kept the crowd on the edge of their seats. Oftentimes Emma got left in the dust, unable to identify all the holds that were being displayed. In the end, though, Greg’s intensity and training came up short. Matthew got his brother into the Proton Lock and Greg had no choice but to tap out. WINNER: [B]Matthew Gauge [/B]in 11:55 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 13) Greg was not happy. He screamed in rage and then, much to everyone’s surprise, grabbed the ring bell and smashed it through the announce table. Security had to be called out to carry him out of the arena. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 14) Izaak Tischler delivered a promo. He said that Davis was deluded. [COLOR="DarkGreen"] “This is the Isaak Road Arena. The building’s got my name on it. This is my house! Do you honestly think you’re going to be able to beat me in my house? Forget it, boy! This title belt isn’t going anywhere!”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 15) The ladder was set up in the ring and the Regional Championship belt suspended over the mat. The competitors made their way in for the match but, after the fifth man came out, Nemesis’s entrance music kicked in. He came out with a mic. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“You know, I’ve been doin’ some thinking about this match and it’s unbalanced. Five men in a ladder match? Doesn’t feel right, does it? So I decided to throw in a wild card, someone who I think has earned a spot in this match. Ladies and gents, I give you the sixth man ... Vengeance!”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 16) [B]MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ vs. THE CALAMARI KID vs. HUGH de ASKE vs. PRIMUS ALLEN vs. BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH vs. VENGEANCE [/B]in [COLOR="Purple"]a ladder match[/COLOR] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] Good match all around, even though Vengeance and the Kid came out visibly tired. Lots of ladders got wrecked in this one. The Titans did wind up cooperating for a short while, using two different ladders as battering rams and clotheslines, but things broke down between them when Bulldozer went after the title. Hugh and the Kid also were distracted by each other’s presence. At one point, the Kid was so focused on pounding Hugh that he almost missed Mainstream sneaking up the ladder toward the title. Hugh shoved the Kid out of the way and drop-kicked the ladder, sending Mainstream spilling to the outside. In the end, most of the competitors were wiped out and Mainstream took advantage of that by climbing up the ladder for the title. When Primus came after him, Mainstream kicked him down and then hit an Apparition #14 from the top of the ladder. He then shakily started up again, only to be intercepted by Vengeance, who dropped him to the mat with a Justice Crusher. Unimpeded, Vengeance scaled the ladder and pulled down the title. WINNER: [B]Vengeance[/B] in 16:48 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 17) Backstage, Ernest Youngman found me. I told him that I was glad to hear he was on the mend and that I appreciated what he tried to do for me with the Ringmaster tournament. Ernest blew that off and said that he was ready and willing to help me tonight. He offered to take out Nemesis before the match or to be the ace up my sleeve, whatever I needed. I told him that was nice, but not to worry about it. I pointed out that if he laid a finger on Nemesis, he could get suspended, fined, or even fired. I told Ernest that everything was under control and well in hand. I left with a mysterious smile on my face. Ernest looked more than a little confused. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 18) Wanda Fish was stretching out in her locker room for her match. She finally straightened up and headed out the door. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 19) A video played, hyping the feud between Ogiwara and Wanda. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 20) [B]THE SENSATIONAL OGIWARA vs. WANDA FISH[/B] Another great match from these two. Wanda and Ogiwara are simply phenomenal in the ring together (and thankfully, it’s not a matter of chemistry. We all know how that would turn out if it was). Alicia, who accompanied Ogiwara to the ring, did her part, shouting encouragement to her mentor. Ogiwara was cool and confident throughout the match but it was Wanda that the commentators obssessed over. The Rev said it looked like Wanda had a smug smile on her lips the whole match. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Kind of like she knows something.”[/COLOR] The match see-sawed back and forth until finally, Ogiwara looked ready to set up the Sensational Stunner. Wanda shoved her away at the last second and Ogiwara wound up running over the ref, knocking him out cold. That’s when Alicia hopped into the ring with a chair. She looked as if she was going to strike Wanda, but Ogiwara angrily ordered her out of the ring (I’m guessing; I don’t speak Japanese). Alicia scowled and started to leave, but then smacked Ogiwara over the back of the head when her mentor’s head was turned. While the Rev screamed in confusion, Alicia continued to kick the fallen Ogiwara while Wanda laughed uproariously. When the ref started to revive, Alicia got out of there. Wanda then picked Ogiwara up, balanced her on her feet, and knocked her back down with a Dish of the Day and lazily made the cover. WINNER: [B]Wanda Fish [/B]in 13:05 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 21) Alicia rolled back into the ring and she and Wanda continued the assault, beating on an unconscious Ogiwara until Alicia raised Wanda’s hand in victory and the two of them left the ring arm in arm. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 22) [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON vs. IZAAK TISCHLER (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] Another really good match from these two. Nemesis and I have our work cut out for us. The crowd was on their feet for most of this match. Davis and Izaak simply kept hitting bigger and bigger spots. They brawled through the ring, around the ring, even into the audience for a little bit. Davis hit two Fisherman’s suplexes on the champ only to have Izaak kick out each time. Izaak couldn’t seem to get Davis into a Crucifix Slam. But in the end, Izaak managed to shut down Davis’s offense with a quick thumb to the eye, a kick to the gut, and then a Crucifix slam that connected. WINNER: [B]Izaak Tischler [/B]in 16:58 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]A[/COLOR] 23) Nemesis appeared on screen, dressed and ready for his match. He was headed for the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 24) It wasn’t a match. It was a slaughter. Nemesis looked like a complete powerhouse while I simply stunk up the ring. He battered me from corner to corner, hitting me with everything he had. He could have pinned me any number of times but refused, often pinning me for a two count and then lifting up my shoulder at the last minute. He hit two Nemesis Arrows before finally putting a boot on my chest. The ref counted one... two ... And then the lights went out. Through the flashes from the fans’ cameras, you could see the confusion on Nemesis’s face as he looked around, trying to figure out what was going on. The big screen lit up with grainy static for a moment or two and the arena was filled with the sound of a rushing wind. A comment from my promo replayed: [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“If you strike me down, I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.” [/COLOR]Then fire erupted on either side of the big screen. A second later, the lights came back up. I was gone from the ring. Standing in my place was [B]Archangel[/B]. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] for the fake match; [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] for the reveal 25) [B]ARCHANGEL vs. NEMESIS[/B] What a surprise. An epic match ... and bad chemistry to boot. But I have to hand it to Nemesis. He’s a bit out of shape after his retirement. He was completely exhausted by the end of this match. But he gave it his all. I don’t think the fans sat for a single moment of this. Archangel struck almost immediately, barely giving the timekeeper time to ring the bell. Nemesis fought back as best as he could, but Archangel’s offense simply overwhelmed him. Within two minutes of the match starting, Archangel almost got a quick win but Nemesis was able to pop his shoulder. The match slowed down from there. Archangel was still in control but Nemesis soon took over. The two put on a great brawl with Nemesis taking every chance he could to get Archangel out of the ring to toss him into the ring steps, into the security rail, any way to bust him up legally. The crowd even screamed in delight as Nemesis somehow managed to hit a plancha over the top rope to take Archangel down. In the end Archangel fought back and, as flashbulbs erupted all throughout the arena, he put Nemesis down with a Fall From Grace. But Nemesis kicked out. Archangel looked stunned. He rolled Nemesis onto his back and tried to get him in a Wing Clip, but Nemesis fought back and threw Archangel off of him. Archangel clambered to his feet, just in time to get hit by a Nemesis Arrow. As the fans stared in shock, Nemesis made the pin. WINNER: [B]Nemesis[/B] in 22:37 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] 26) Nemesis went from post to post, basking in the boos and catcalls. He had a smug look on his face the whole time. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] After the arena had cleared out, Nemesis and I walked Archangel out to his cab. I hugged my old friend and thanked him for coming down to help us. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]"I just wish you would reconsider coming to work here,"[/COLOR] I said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]"We could really use you."[/COLOR] Archangel nodded. [COLOR="darkgreen"]"I know. But I gotta do what's best for me right now. No offense, Scap."[/COLOR] Truth be told, I was a little put out by Archangel's insistence that the MWA was too small for him. But at the same time, I had to respect his decision. Archangel turned to Nemesis and offered his hand. [COLOR="darkgreen"]"It was good to work with you, Mr. Campbell."[/COLOR] Nemesis laughed and shook hands with Archangel. [COLOR="darkgreen"]"Hey, it felt good to be in the ring again."[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]"Then we'll have to do it again sometime,"[/COLOR] Archangel said. The smile disappeared from his face and he pulled Nemesis in close. [COLOR="darkgreen"]"But next time, things will be different."[/COLOR] Nemesis glanced at me. I shrugged. Archangel then laughed, slapped Nemesis on the shoulder and climbed into the cab. Nemesis waved as the car pulled away. [COLOR="darkgreen"]"He was joking, right?"[/COLOR] I shrugged. [COLOR="darkgreen"]"I don't know." [/COLOR]I then smiled. [COLOR="darkgreen"]"But it sure would be fun to find out, wouldn't it?"[/COLOR] FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Unbowed, Unbroken”[/COLOR][/U] [I]Jay Chord defeated Des Davids [/I]- [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]The Joeys (c) defeated Fire & Ice to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Matthew Gauge defeated Greg Gauge [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Vengeance defeated Mainstream Hernandez, Primus Allen, Hugh de Aske, Bulldozer Brandon Smith, and the Calamari Kid in [COLOR="Purple"]a ladder match [/COLOR]to capture [COLOR="red"]the MWA Regional Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Wanda Fish defeated the Sensational Ogiwara [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Izaak Tischler (c) defeated Davis Wayne Newton to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR][/I] - [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] [I]Nemesis defeated Archangel [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

Archived