War's End? - A 2001 Scenario By Tommy

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=-laz-;182640]i was talking about in the game[/QUOTE] Ah okay I see. Well hell, what I have isn't the final version, but lets find out! had some trouble getting the screenshot to work so i typed it out for everyone: [QUOTE] [B] WCW The Big Bang Attendance: 9,150 Show Rating: B- Mike Sanders defeated Shane Helms for the WCW Cruiserweight title C+ Chris Kanyon defeated Shawn Stasiak D O'Haire and Palumbo defeated Evan Karagias and Shannon Moore to retain the WCW Tag Team Titles C+ Kidman and Rey defeated Romeo and Skipper to retain the WCW Cruiserweight Tag Team Titles C+ Mike Awesome defeated Rick Steiner C- DDP defeated Jeff Jarrett B- Booker T defeated Scott Steiner the WCW World Heavyweight title B- [/B] [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=dcxbox;182696]joey styles should be in wcw, since eric did hire him. under fusient rvd should also he was set to debut in the new wcw but i dunno if he was signed to any sort of an agreement yet[/QUOTE] He wasn't. RVD should be a free agent. The first contract he signed after ECW closing was a very short term one that various other signed to take part in the Invasion. WWF's line of thinking was, well, if we like them, when it's all said and done, we'll sign them to longer deals.

[QUOTE=RayW;182592]Hey, I'm assuming that WCW will start with no TV shows? This would make more sense, since Time Warner had already told them that they would be dropped from TNT and TBS.[/QUOTE] For the sake of gameplay, they still have Nitro on TNT, and Thunder on TBS. I think that's more fun than letting you fend for yourself from the get go, and more balanced than putting them on FOX, which I think was Bischoff's plan.

[QUOTE=dcxbox;182696]joey styles should be in wcw, since eric did hire him. under fusient rvd should also he was set to debut in the new wcw but i dunno if he was signed to any sort of an agreement yet, but styles was[/QUOTE] Neither of them have contracts - Styles wasn't signed, but he did have an understanding with Eric Bischoff that he was to be brought in, and RVD never signed anything.

[QUOTE=tommytomlin;182841]For the sake of gameplay, they still have Nitro on TNT, and Thunder on TBS. I think that's more fun than letting you fend for yourself from the get go, and more balanced than putting them on FOX, which I think was Bischoff's plan.[/QUOTE] That's cool. Either way is fine (in my opinion), while them starting with no TV shows would be the 'realistic' way to go, keeping them with TV shows is the 'this is a scenario' way to go, and at the end of the day, it's your scenario. I'm really looking forward to this scenario, I've already got ideas for The Big Bang, and think I know who I'm going to push. :D

[QUOTE=Slim Jim;182886]Any chance you could post the WWF roster for the Invasion version with all the WCW guys and whatnot on it?[/QUOTE] I don't believe Tommy's got round to the Invasion version yet. He said that he'd finish up the version with WCW still in existance, then use that as a base and tweak it to fit the Invasion version.

^^^ Correct. Any talent whose contract was acquired by the WWF in real life, including guys sent to development like Lash LeRoux and Mike Sanders, referees and road agents will be on the WWF roster. The only exclusion is KroniK, who were signed after the initial purchase. [QUOTE=solidus4008;182893]do we have an approximate release date -or- a percentage of whats done[/QUOTE] Still waiting for the Japan data to get finished up, but that should be all ready by the end of the week. Then me and D16 will probably spend another week checking for bugs, mistakes and making it all sexy. That's just a rough estimate, not a promise. Might be before that, might be after.

Tommy, I have a good knowledge of wrestling from 1999 - 2002, since that was when I watched religiously, and it was my favorite time period. So, if you and D16 get stuck with anything (ie: bios, stats, etc.) then PM me, and see if I can help. I'm looking more forward to this scenario than anything else at the moment.

I'm sorry if I'm being a gigantic pain in the ass here, but I have a few ultra-geeky questions. 1) Will the "lower card" talent from the final days of ECW be included? I might be the only one, but I'd love to be able to sign "The Prodigy" Tom Marquez or Michael Shane (aka Matt Bentley - yes, he was in ECW) to a development deal. 2) Will your stats for the ECW alums reflect what Paul Heyman was doing at the house shows? Tony DeVito, for example, was being groomed for a world title run, and the house shows clearly show this. Another one was Oz, who, according to Heyman at the time, was "the kind of talent you build an entire promotion around." Even well-known ECW alums like Kid Kash, Chilly Willy, and Spike Dudley were finding themselves going up against or teaming with some marquee names (Rob Van Dam, New Jack, Steve Corino). The reason I ask is because it would be nice to carry said momentum to another promotion. 3) In mods such as this, OVW and HWA are usually dead-on, while NWA Wildside just has AJ Styles and Air Paris, if it's even in there at all. So I ask: how complete will the Wildside roster be in Rebirth? If I'm playing as WCW, I would like to have America's Most Wanted and Bob Sapp at my beckon call. 4) Will you/could you put Rhino as ECW World and Television champion in the WWF?

[QUOTE=RayW;182860]That's cool. Either way is fine (in my opinion), while them starting with no TV shows would be the 'realistic' way to go, keeping them with TV shows is the 'this is a scenario' way to go, and at the end of the day, it's your scenario. I'm really looking forward to this scenario, I've already got ideas for The Big Bang, and think I know who I'm going to push. :D[/QUOTE] i think the idea was for them to atleast have nitro but i would lower promotion overness slighly since they would have been gone from tv for 1-3 months and sabu was under a wcw contract :) ecw had a court injunction against wcw and held off his debut til his ecw agreement would end, but actually ecw was in the wrong, since they screwed up, so sabu was technically able to go, but paul was afraid to have him go to wcw. sabu had a multi million $$$ deal, vs his crappy $75,000 a year wwe deal

[QUOTE=dj_gir;182985]I'm sorry if I'm being a gigantic pain in the ass here, but I have a few ultra-geeky questions. 1) Will the "lower card" talent from the final days of ECW be included? I might be the only one, but I'd love to be able to sign "The Prodigy" Tom Marquez or Michael Shane (aka Matt Bentley - yes, he was in ECW) to a development deal. 2) Will your stats for the ECW alums reflect what Paul Heyman was doing at the house shows? Tony DeVito, for example, was being groomed for a world title run, and the house shows clearly show this. Another one was Oz, who, according to Heyman at the time, was "the kind of talent you build an entire promotion around." Even well-known ECW alums like Kid Kash, Chilly Willy, and Spike Dudley were finding themselves going up against or teaming with some marquee names (Rob Van Dam, New Jack, Steve Corino). The reason I ask is because it would be nice to carry said momentum to another promotion. 3) In mods such as this, OVW and HWA are usually dead-on, while NWA Wildside just has AJ Styles and Air Paris, if it's even in there at all. So I ask: how complete will the Wildside roster be in Rebirth? If I'm playing as WCW, I would like to have America's Most Wanted and Bob Sapp at my beckon call. 4) Will you/could you put Rhino as ECW World and Television champion in the WWF?[/QUOTE] I wouldn't say your being ultra geeky, but if that's the case, then take my word for it this is probably the best yearly scenario for you if that's how you are. :D I'll answer the ones I know for sure from my experience in being involved with the mod. 3) Yes NWA Wildside will have Sapp and both of America's Most Wanted. 4) Rhino is in the WWF yes, but he is not the active ECW World and TV Champ because he did not take the belts over with him when he debuted, and never defended them, ever. In title histories he will be listed as the final champions, yes.

[QUOTE=dj_gir;182985]I'm sorry if I'm being a gigantic pain in the ass here, but I have a few ultra-geeky questions. 1) Will the "lower card" talent from the final days of ECW be included? I might be the only one, but I'd love to be able to sign "The Prodigy" Tom Marquez or Michael Shane (aka Matt Bentley - yes, he was in ECW) to a development deal. [/quote] Yep. [quote]2) Will your stats for the ECW alums reflect what Paul Heyman was doing at the house shows? Tony DeVito, for example, was being groomed for a world title run, and the house shows clearly show this. Another one was Oz, who, according to Heyman at the time, was "the kind of talent you build an entire promotion around." Even well-known ECW alums like Kid Kash, Chilly Willy, and Spike Dudley were finding themselves going up against or teaming with some marquee names (Rob Van Dam, New Jack, Steve Corino). The reason I ask is because it would be nice to carry said momentum to another promotion. [/quote] Simply put, no. I don't think someone should have increased stats or overness just because Paul Heyman talked them up in an Observer radio show, or booked them strong in house shows. Tony DeVito is an above average talent, and his stats reflect that. If you're solely talking about the momentum stat, that is contract specific, so impossible to carry over. [quote]3) In mods such as this, OVW and HWA are usually dead-on, while NWA Wildside just has AJ Styles and Air Paris, if it's even in there at all. So I ask: how complete will the Wildside roster be in Rebirth? If I'm playing as WCW, I would like to have America's Most Wanted and Bob Sapp at my beckon call. [/quote] It's as full a roster I could find, based on the results from that year and the WCW developmental contracts. [quote]4) Will you/could you put Rhino as ECW World and Television champion in the WWF?[/QUOTE] Yeah, haven't put the ECW Title Lineages in yet, they'll be one of the last things, but definitely.

[QUOTE=D16NJD16;182997]I wouldn't say your being ultra geeky, but if that's the case, then take my word for it this is probably the best yearly scenario for you if that's how you are. :D I'll answer the ones I know for sure from my experience in being involved with the mod. 3) Yes NWA Wildside will have Sapp and both of America's Most Wanted. 4) Rhino is in the WWF yes, but he is not the active ECW World and TV Champ because he did not take the belts over with him when he debuted, and never defended them, ever. In title histories he will be listed as the final champions, yes.[/QUOTE] and you could always set up Rhino as the ECW champ and make it an active title in the editor before you start your game. Little things like that take a second to set up. I always tweak a few things to my own personal liking before playing a mod.

I promised I'd put up some WWF results, so here is Summerslam. [IMG]http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/696/wwfresultnr1.jpg[/IMG] First off, I am totally stoked that Batista and Lesnar got called up about the right time. They also called up Orton and Cena in 2002 too. Not only that, but I set the Tough Enough kids to debut at their respective times, and the WWF signed Maven, Nowinski, Matt Morgan and Josh Matthews soon after they entered. If only they wanted Nidia, it would have been a perfect simulation. So hot. 'April' is April Hunter. I dropped her stats too, as the WWF seem to hire her all the time. And for dj_gir, because he obviously marks out for ECW jobbers, here's Chilly Willy! [IMG]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/3550/ecwchillywillyet5.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=tommytomlin;183103]I promised I'd put up some WWF results, so here is Summerslam. [IMG]http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/696/wwfresultnr1.jpg[/IMG] First off, I am totally stoked that Batista and Lesnar got called up about the right time. They also called up Orton and Cena in 2002 too. Not only that, but I set the Tough Enough kids to debut at their respective times, and the WWF signed Maven, Nowinski, Matt Morgan and Josh Matthews soon after they entered. If only they wanted Nidia, it would have been a perfect simulation. So hot. 'April' is April Hunter. I dropped her stats too, as the WWF seem to hire her all the time. And for dj_gir, because he obviously marks out for ECW jobbers, here's Chilly Willy! [IMG]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/3550/ecwchillywillyet5.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE] Why is Randy "God" Orton teaming up with women.....to fight women???

Archived