War's End? - A 2001 Scenario By Tommy

[IMG]http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/5984/2001logogf1.jpg[/IMG] I know I have another thread, but now my scenario has a name (It was either that, or '2001: A Wrestling Odyssey'.) , I thought I'd make a brand new official thread. Not to mention, quite a bit has changed since the mod was first announced. It will still come in two versions, the first called '[B]War's End? - Invasion'[/B], which simulates exactly what happened in the industry-changing year that was 2001. WCW is purchased by the WWF, along with a select roster of talent. Stars such as Goldberg, Ric Flair and Sting remain as free agents. If you choose to play as the WWF, do you re-create the Invasion your way, do you introduce a WWF/WCW brand split, or do you bask in the glory of victory and forget your competition even existed? The second version is called '[B]War's End - Rebirth[/B]', and simulates what would have happened if the Eric Bischoff/Fusient deal to purchase WCW went through. Every stat and every wrestler are exactly the same as in the Invasion version, the only difference being that WCW still exists, and is owned by Eric Bischoff. If you choose to play as WCW, can you continue the Monday Night War? Can you win it once again? Or, will the WWF's financial and talent advantage put the final nail in WCW's coffin? Both scenarios are set in [B]May 2001[/B], the month of the planned WCW re-launch. Originally, I'd planned to have a strictly USA-only mod. However, over the past few weeks, I've added [B]BCW [/B]and [B]ECCW [/B]from Canada, and [B]AAA [/B]and [B]CMLL [/B]from Mexico. In addition, D16NJD16 has completed the Japanese side of things. In addition, I've written [B]hundreds of new angles[/B] (and counting). These include an array of Hardcore Title angles, to simulate the WWF's 24/7 title, over a dozen INVASION angles, to simulate, you guessed it - the Invasion, some 2001 specific angles (did someone say Milk Truck?) and some general angles for good measure. Title lineage is pretty much complete and linked up for every promotion. Just need to add some dates. And now, the fun stuff. As I couldn't fiddle with any data while Japan is being worked on, I decided to play around with some pictures. After all, what's the point of an Invasion or a Rebirth if everything doesn't look pretty? So, I came up with some [B]alternative pictures[/B]. For every ECW star, they have their own sexy purple ECW background. And, for almost everyone else who's been in a 'Big Three' federation, they have their own red WCW background. You'll never know who'll Invade, after all. Take a look, courtesy of our beautiful model Lance Storm... [IMG]http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/6083/2001exampledk1.jpg[/IMG] Hot. As I said, ECW background's are restricted to former ECW stars (e.g The Dudleys, Sabu, Shane Douglas, Elektra et al), whereas every WCW, WWF and most name free agents have a WCW Background alternative (Sting, Austin, The Road Warriors, etc, etc.) In total, there are [B]61 [/B]ECW alternative backgrounds, and [B]196 [/B]alternative WCW backgrounds. As you can tell, I have a lot of free time. So yes, I'm not going to set a firm release date, but I'd be surprised if the scenario wasn't completed within a fortnight. Hope that wet your appetite enough.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply
as an old veteran wrestler once said..............."Damn!" great work tommy! i love the alternative backgrounds (wouldn't mind seeing them for wwe/f workers as well since you might have a few jump around with a well done invasion storyline) i can't wait to see and play the finished product

Looks great, I defiantly can't wait for this it looks like a great mod and the idea to do different pictures was great as I plan on doing some major changes. Also I was wondering if you would take a request and make an Undertaker WCW graphic, but using the last "Deadman" gimmick he had before turnin into the biker or what he looked like when he returned as "The Deadman" would be good too.

So many awesome mods on their way out, this one looks tops man, can't wait to get my hands on the Invasion version and create the never was wrestling angle that continues to haunt my dreams.. the originally planned brand split between WWF and WCW. Can anyone say Sting versus Shawn Michaels? I know I can.

[QUOTE=ROH=CE;181568]Looks great, I defiantly can't wait for this it looks like a great mod and the idea to do different pictures was great as I plan on doing some major changes. Also I was wondering if you would take a request and make an Undertaker WCW graphic, but using the last "Deadman" gimmick he had before turnin into the biker or what he looked like when he returned as "The Deadman" would be good too.[/QUOTE] The many flavours of The Undertaker... [IMG]http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/645/wcwtakerub1.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=tommytomlin;181661]The many flavours of The Undertaker... [IMG]http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/645/wcwtakerub1.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE] Thanks man, I got some destructive ideas for these to come in handy with over the next year in-game :D .

Archived