War's End? - A 2001 Scenario By Tommy

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Sensai of Mattitude;183268]"Stratus, April and Orton defeated Molly, Lita and Ivory" I'm in hysterics at the inclusion of Orton.[/QUOTE] Me too I actually just checked the data to see if that was because of a gender error or something but making this even funnier, apparently not.

[QUOTE=solidus4008;183311]Tommy, do you think you could find time to post a roster list?[/QUOTE] For the simmed WWF? This is from 3rd of November 2002. Main Eventers are The Undertaker, Benoit, Triple H, Kurt Angle, Edge, Kane, Matt Hardy, Farooq and Billy Gunn (Gunn's stats are too high, have since been lowered) Uppers are Al Snow, Rikishi, GM Sexy, Scotty 2 Hotty, Christian, Bradshaw, Spike Dudley, Jericho, Steven Richards, Test Mids are Regal, Credible, Viscera, Val Venis, Lynn, Tazz, Saturn, Tajiri, Rhyno, Raven, Jeff Hardy (didn't fare as well as his brother), X-Pac, D-Von Dudley, Holly, Gangrel Lowers are Bubba Ray, Maven, Dean Malenko, Funaki, Bull Buchanan, Crash Holly, K-Kwik Openers are Chris Nowinski, Albert, Joe E. Legend, Batista Enhancement are Matt Morgan, Tatanka, Lesnar, Orton, Siaki, Cena Women are Molly, Ivory, Lita, Trish, April Hunter Haku is an Ocassional Wrestler, Debra, Terri and Sunny are the managers, Foley is an authority figure, and the road agents/staff are the same.

[QUOTE=tommytomlin;183542]And yes, the WWF let go of The Rock and Austin. I think that has something to do with the fact the wrestling industry is in the ****hole, they've lost popularity and they would be their two most expensive.[/QUOTE] wow what a shock if i was in charge of wcw id hire them in a heart beat

[QUOTE=D16NJD16;183626]Just to correct everyone. Rock owns the rights to his wrestling name "The Rock"(one of the few), including logos and the catchphrases guys. Not sure about the other nicknames but that's the one that matters.[/QUOTE] He owned it in 2001 even? are you sure? Why would Vince let this one guy own a character he made?

[QUOTE=D16NJD16;183626]Just to correct everyone. Rock owns the rights to "The Rock" name, including logos and the catchphrases guys. Not sure about the other nicknames but that's the one that matters.[/QUOTE] Vince let him have the name when he went to Hollywood, I doubt he would've had he left the WWE to go somewhere like WCW.

I didn't mean 2001 I just meant in general today. But on that topic tAccording to Wade Keller no one owned it until the Hollywood situation with him leaving WWF came up, then they worked out the agreements. I wouldn't know any further then that of what I've heard really though.

[QUOTE=SageFury268;183644]but who really cares though?? as far as I know it can't have any bearing in the game. Its not like if the unlikely situation of Rock going to WCW came up that Vince would automatically own it if he decided he wanted it. It would go to court. It could go either way.[/QUOTE] It would've gone the way every other case like that WWE has fought. rock has said in an interview that he wasn'y happy with the negotiations for "The Rock" name, apparently he thought he had rights to the name but WWE wanted a cut from all "Rock" related merchandise (which is fair enough if you ask me). Rock didn't go into details just that he ended up getting the rights to the name but wasn't happy with how it went down. For gameplay sake I'd like to see his name as Dwayne Johnson but hey I can always edit no biggie.

[QUOTE=SageFury268;183644]but who really cares though?? as far as I know it can't have any bearing in the game. Its not like if the unlikely situation of Rock going to WCW came up that Vince would automatically own it if he decided he wanted it. It would go to court. It could go either way.[/QUOTE] That's true, but it's still interesting to talk about and surprisingly, still on-topic. Honestly, I think two things would have happened: 1) He would just use a form of his real name, with an extra "R" thrown in for effect, like D.R. Johnson or DRJ. 2) Flex Cavana anyone? As for Steve Austin... now that would be interesting. I know that Austin was in twilight of career by that point, but come on - he's still Steve Austin. An Eric Bischoff/"Stunning" Steve Austin feud would have been huge if booked properly.

At the moment, I'm leaning towards keeping The Rock's 'real' name as The Rock. Obviously, others don't use their gimmick name (Undertaker is Mark Calloway, Kane is Glen Jacobs etc), but I think The Rock is a special case. I just think he is so well-known as 'The Rock' outside of wrestling that it makes far more sense than WCW booking 'Dwayne Johnson' versus Goldberg at Starrcade 2001.

[QUOTE=tommytomlin;183729]At the moment, I'm leaning towards keeping The Rock's 'real' name as The Rock. Obviously, others don't use their gimmick name (Undertaker is Mark Calloway, Kane is Glen Jacobs etc), but I think The Rock is a special case. I just think he is so well-known as 'The Rock' outside of wrestling that it makes far more sense than WCW booking 'Dwayne Johnson' versus Goldberg at Starrcade 2001.[/QUOTE] he could just be called rocky mavia i dont think wwe even trademarked that, and they never really used it long to market it. he just took his father and grandfathers names and combined them but the rock is wwe so ya, no need to be called dwayne

Archived