The Backyard Wrestling Alliance

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jacob Jett must not be allowed to keep the Championship! Anyway, 3 and 2, and put Joey Poison on the death watch. :D P.S. Would you mind if I did a diary actually playing as ACW? I have never done one of those before, but I figure I could give it a shot. That is, if you are okay with it, seeing as it is technically your work and all.

[QUOTE=Akki;187685]Yes, The Anarchist chalked up a win in front of 941 empty seats. Impressive.[/QUOTE] I'm just imagine the atmosphere. It must have been painful. And the crowd that were there would have been too quiet to get involved. Horrible. Oh well, far from it for me to suggest an appearance by Lennon Burntwood would have sold the place out... ;)

[QUOTE=Anubis;187648]Just curious, when did Joey Poison win the Championship? ;)[/quote] You saw nothing! Clearly, my editing skillz are far superior to your reading skillz. ¬_¬ [quote]P.S. Would you mind if I did a diary actually playing as ACW? I have never done one of those before, but I figure I could give it a shot. That is, if you are okay with it, seeing as it is technically your work and all.[/QUOTE] Sure :) It's not really [i]my[/i] work... you guys gave me all the data :p Might not be able to get June up tonight. I'll try, but even if I do, the stats will have to wait until tomorrow.

[B][SIZE="5"][CENTER][U]June 2007[/U][/CENTER][/SIZE][/B] [B]World News[/B] - For the third time, Optimus wins the BHOTWG Best of the Super Juniors tournament. - Ultra Fly has an overdose. It doesn’t kill him, but his skills have dropped so far that, oh… wait, he was always that bad. - Rockin’ Ryan Turner claims to be the real MVP of MAW, then goes on to job in the opener for their next show. Damn right! Shine on, you crazy diamond. - Kid Toma ruptured his spleen during a tag match with The Almighty Dollar. No, Anubis isn’t part of that team. - IWC members everywhere cream themselves in unison, as Tadiyuki Kikkikawa claims to want to work in the USA, despite owning a Japanese promotion. [COLOR="DarkRed"][B]ACW News[/B] Unfortunately, ACW doesn’t have enough lower carders to run their tournament this year. Oh well, on the bright side that means I can keep the name for my future diary. Except for the bit where everyone has access to the data now so they know it anyway. Bugger. [/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkGreen"][B]PWA News[/B] For some unknown reason, Steve McGuire offers Kray Z a new contract. Feeling like it’s his birthday and Christmas all at once, he’s quick to accept.[/COLOR]
[CENTER][B][U][SIZE="3"]Show Reports[/SIZE][/U][/B] [COLOR="DarkRed"][B]ACW Hard Times.[/B] [I]Friday, Week 2, June[/I] [B]Venue:[/B] Windsor Hall, Ontario [B]Attendance:[/B] 61 ([/color][color="Red"][b]-3[/b][/color])[COLOR="DarkRed"] [b]Announcers[/b]: Marty Papin and Sue Danes.[/CENTER][/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkRed"][B]Match One:[/B] Completing his utter and total fall from grace, Christian Chase curtain-jerks, but still wins against Daniel Herring [B]Rating:[/B] E- - [B]Match Two:[/B] Joey Poison defeated Anubis again, in another match pushed way down the card. [B]Rating:[/B] D. Their best match yet. - [B]Match Three:[/B] Rhino Umaga’s entire purpose in ACW seems to be making S.C. Apino look good, and let’s face it, Umaga’s doing his job very well indeed as he jobs to the hoss again this month. [B]Rating:[/B] D. - [B]Match Four:[/B] Jacob Jett defeats Derek Blackley to retain his ACW Avalanche Championship. [B]Rating:[/B] D. Back to form for Blackley, who’s had a bad few months. - [B]Main Event:[/B] I think it’s safe to say the punishment is now over, as Henry Howe and Bubba Lee West defeat Pox and Roman Heidensiek in the main event. [B]Rating:[/B] D- [B]Overall Show Rating:[/B] D-. [I][Wrestlers not used: Spotskin, Nathan Sampson.] [Both titles stayed level in Prestige.] [They stayed in Ontario again, it looks like they’ve got that little problem sewn up, unlike PWA..] [Show MVP, as voted for by TotalExtremeWrestling.com: Jacob Jett.][/COLOR] [/I] [center][COLOR="Red"]-[/COLOR]=[COLOR="Lime"]-[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkGreen"][B]PWA Powerslave[/B] [I]Saturday, Week 1, June[/I] [B]Venue:[/B] Biker’s Paradise, New England [B]Attendance:[/B] 59 ([color="Black"][b]=[/b][/color]) [COLOR="DarkGreen"][b]Announcers:[/b] Rock Downpour and Guy McGhee[/CENTER][/COLOR] [B]Match One:[/B] Maxx Hero finally gets a match, and a win, but he’ll probably wish he’d not bothered, because it was against Kray Z [B]Rating:[/B] F+. - [B]Match Two:[/B] Citizen X defeats Matt Magnum, in an exact replica of the second match last month. [B]Rating:[/B] D- - [B]Match Three:[/B] Simon Munoz finally gets another Cruiserkore title shot against Revenant, but loses again. [B]Rating:[/B] E+. - [B]Match Four:[/B] In a battle of Britain, Scotland beats England (so you can tell it wasn’t in a real sport…) as Andy Thompson defeats Lennon Burntwood [B]Rating:[/B] E+. - [B]Main Event:[/B] In a Phunk-phree main event, Remmy Skye wins a four-way match against K-Fabe, Matt Sparrow and Mainstream Hernandez [B]Rating:[/B] D+. It’s a Remmy Skye match, so we can’t complain really. Except for complaining about it being a Remmy Skye match, I mean… [B]Overall Rating:[/B] D+. Totally new territory again, but they managed to draw the same crowd, actually booked a proper size arena, and put on the same quality show. Can’t be bad. [I][Wrestlers not used: Mike Snider and Grandmaster Phunk, who was too busy being MVP at a NYCW show tonight to come and book his own fed’s show. Although they were held in the same arena?! Is PWA the NYCW opening act now or something?] [The PWA Cruiserkore title stayed level, prestige-wise, as did the PWA Openweight Championship.] [Show MVP, as voted for by TotalExtremeWrestling.com: Matt Sparrow][/I][/COLOR]
[B]End Of The Month Report[/B] [B][COLOR="DarkRed"]ACW [/COLOR][/B] clock up another big loss, due to using all of their big stars. -$1269 well spent, though. [COLOR="DarkGreen"][B]PWA[/B][/COLOR]’s sinking ship shows no signs of being towed to harbour yet, -$6979 goes overboard this month, their biggest lost yet. Popularity wise, [COLOR="DarkGreen"][B]PWA[/B][/COLOR] gained 0.8% in New bloody England. [COLOR="DarkRed"][B]ACW[/B][/COLOR] also gained 0.8% again, in Ontario again, so they’re now up to 3.2% Henry Howe and Pox rise to F+ in Ontario, so now Herring, S.C. Apino, Spotskin (F-) and Heidensiek (F) are the only ones falling behind.
[B]Next Update:[/B] Stats Update, coming at some point in the future.

[QUOTE=Anubis;188390]3 and 3. Oh, and I love Scotland. Don't know anything about their sports, but I love Scotland.[/QUOTE] Scottish sports are such. We suck at everything except shinty (because no one else plays it) & snooker (because it's a game you can play when in the pub, getting pissed!). But it's still a grand wee country. I like Scotland.

Just thought you might be interested to know that, in my game as ACW, Simon Munoz was the first to break out of the backyard, signing a deal to tour with WLW. Oh, and I can say for sure that I (Anubis) am the one that is straining the little money ACW has, as his cost is $1100 per appearance at the start. :D

Archived