The Backyard Wrestling Alliance

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Anubis;186237]2 and 1 now, cool. Also, let us know if anyone gets injured while working with me, just for entertainment perposes, heh.[/QUOTE] I think that's what the death watch was for. [QUOTE=potty;186226]Hey, the Brooklyn Brawler made a career out of losing, didn't he? :D[/QUOTE] Career, yes. Success, no.

[B][SIZE="5"][CENTER][U]April 2007[/U][/CENTER][/SIZE][/B] [B]World News[/B] - Former two-time tag team champion of the Texas Wrestling League, Duncan Kendall has taken over Mid Atlantic Wrestling. Rip would be proud, I expect, as Kendall has similar views to Rip as concerns wrestling, and was one of the territorial mainstays in the 80’s and 90’s. - His first action was to remove Mean Jean Cattley from the Head Booker position and appoint fellow career-tag-division wrester Rick Sanders, but not before the Rip Chord Memorial show, which Kendall booked himself. It was a good show, headlined by the two people one would most associate with Rip Chord; Steven Parker defending his title against Antonio. (OOC: That was an awesome bit of booking by the AI :p I wish it made writing this diary as easy as that all the time). - Shockingly, DaVE refused to re-sign Nemesis, choosing to replace him with Farrah Hesketh as head booker. - Throughout April, MAW went on to sign loads of workers, and have pretty much doubled their roster. - Tommy Cornell picked up a swollen calf muscle in a freak car-wash accident. Bryan Vessey tore a rotator cuff in a match with Team Dynasty 2000. We checked, Anubis has a reliable alibi for both events. [COLOR="DarkRed"][B]ACW News[/B] Derek Blackley spoke out on a Canadian radio station, claiming that he was being held back, and should be allowed to carry the promotion. While you can’t really argue with him, that was probably a stupid thing to do. [/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkGreen"][B]PWA News[/B] Matt Magnum signs a new contract, and Guy McGhee refuses a deal with ELPF (recently rising to Small size) due to his loyalty to Steve McGuire. Given European promotions’ track record, that’s was probably a wise move.[/COLOR]
[CENTER][B][U][SIZE="3"]Show Reports[/SIZE][/U][/B] [COLOR="DarkRed"][B]ACW Hangman Jury.[/B] [I]Thursday, Week 3, April[/I] [B]Venue:[/B] Langley Civic Centre, British Columbia [B]Attendance:[/B] 31 ([/color][color="Red"][b]-38[/b][/color])[COLOR="DarkRed"] [b]Announcers[/b]: Marty Papin and Sue Danes.[/CENTER][/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkRed"][B]Match One:[/B] We compliment the idiotic decision to once again move to a different territory, by putting on ACW’s worst match yet. S.C. Apino (you just knew he’d be involved, huh?) defeated Daniel Herring, who probably preffered it when he was left alone to sleep in a cupboard backstage. [B]Rating:[/B] F+. Only PWA’s very first opening match has equaled that level of crap. - [B]Match Two:[/B] Derek Blackley defeated Roman Heidensiek and Spotskin in a triple threat. Serves him right for speaking the truth on national radio. [B]Rating:[/B] E. Blackley’s worst ever match. And yes, Heidy jobs in a crap three-way! Howe isn’t on the card at all this month, so is that the final part of the punishment? We shall see. - [B]Match Three:[/B] Jacob Jett becomes the ACW Avalanche Champion as Chase does the right thing and lays down for the superior worker in a decent match. [B]Rating:[/B] D. With Jett as champion, ACW might be able to go places now. - [B]Main Event:[/B] Yes, only four matches this month. In the main event, and puzzlingly a non-title match, Anubis and Sampson defeat Joey Poison and Pox (Poison and Pox, now [i]there’s[/i] a good idea for a tag team… Bring in Plague from CZCW too…). [B]Rating:[/B] D+. [B]Overall Show Rating:[/B] E+. New venue, no fans, crap card. Great month! [I][Wrestlers not used: Henry Howe, Rhino Umaga, Bubba Lee West.] [Both titles’ prestige stayed the same this month.] [This month wasn’t actually as completely disastrous as it first seems for ACW. They didn’t use Umaga, so financially they won’t be too badly burned, although moving to BC is stupid in so many different ways. Every territory has the same fan-spread in Canada, so there’s no advantage at all to moving] [Show MVP, as voted for by TotalExtremeWrestling.com: Jacob Jett.][/COLOR] [/I] [center][COLOR="Red"]-[/COLOR]=[COLOR="Lime"]-[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkGreen"][B]PWA My Enemy[/B] [I]Thursday, Week 2, April[/I] [B]Venue:[/B] Ohio Jewish Centre, Great Lakes. [B]Attendance:[/B] 56 ([color="Red"][b]-13[/b][/color]) [COLOR="DarkGreen"][b]Announcers:[/b] Rock Downpour and Guy McGhee[/CENTER][/COLOR] [B]Match One:[/B] The Jobbing Of Simon Munoz continues. This week’s undeserving heat-stealer: Mike Snider! [B]Rating:[/B] E. At least it was a relatively good opener this time. - [B]Match Two:[/B] The two Brits (I can’t remember how many other Brits are on the roster) Lennon Burntwood and The Anarchist defeat Matt Magnum and Revenant in a tag team match. Le sigh. [B]Rating:[/B] E-. - [B]Match Three:[/B] Guess what, folks? It’s tag time again! Two out of four matches is clearly 5% in the Cornellverse, as Remmy Skye and Matt Sparrow defeat K-Fabe and Citizen X. [B]Rating:[/B] D+. Backyarders' Match of the night (though it can only just be called a backyarder's match, containing as it did one backyarder), but it’s still a bloody tag match. - [B]Main Event:[/B] Grandmaster Phunk defeated Mainstream Hernandez to retain the PWA Openweight Championship in the joint best match in BWA history. See what I did there? [B]Rating:[/B] C-. Well when you’ve got a formula that works… [B]Overall Rating:[/B] D. A short show (wonder where Phunk got that idea from…), with a good upper card, but a dire lower card and two bloody tag matches. [I][Wrestlers not used: Maxx Hero, again. Kray Z.] [The PWA Cruiserkore title stayed level, prestige-wise. The PWA Openweight Championship gained 0.5%, so it’s now more prestigious than it started at. Which is obviously good.] [Show MVP, as voted for by TotalExtremeWrestling.com: Grandmaster Phunk. Again.[/I][/COLOR]
[B]End Of The Month Report[/B] Despite not using Rhino Umaga, [B][COLOR="DarkRed"]ACW [/COLOR][/B] still lost over a grand again, but only just at -$1057. Staying in Ontario and getting some fans to the show might’ve countered that. [COLOR="DarkGreen"][B]PWA[/B][/COLOR] had another huge loss of $5701 this month, meaning they’ve lost nearly a quarter of their starting money in a third of the year. 2008 won’t be a happy new year for them at this rate. Popularity wise, [COLOR="DarkGreen"][B]PWA[/B][/COLOR] gained 0.8% in the Great Lakes, taking them to 1.6% overall. So if they actually STAY THERE, they’ll be doing ok, despite their road trip antics. [COLOR="DarkRed"][B]ACW[/B][/COLOR] also gained 0.8%, but this time in British Columbia. They’ve become just as bad as PWA, except for the fact that they’ll actually exist next year to make the “gain popularity everywhere manually” tactic work. Wrestler-wise, the following people have risen to F popularity in the Great Lakes: Revenant, Simon Munoz, Andy Thompson, Lennon Burntwood.
[B]Next Month:[/B] PWA lose more money, ACW have a good title match, and lots of things that aren’t blatantly obvious happen.

I'll pay attention to that when someone elsewhere hires you :p As for working Japan: Anubis, Herring, Blackley, Heidy and Spotskin from ACW can work there. Anarchist, Fabe, Maxx, Snider and Munoz from PWA. But don't forget that if you become an unemployed bum, and are too ****e for the Indy cards, you might expand your horizons eventually :p

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;186839][B]Match One:[/B] The Jobbing Of Simon Munoz continues. This week’s undeserving heat-stealer: Mike Snider! [B]Rating:[/B] E. At least it was a relatively good opener this time.[/QUOTE] It's cause I'm a Super junior or am I a Luchadore I don't think it really matters Phunk doesn't like my style, you know actually being able to wrestle, so he's jobbing me out. That's it I'm hiring Phunk into a popdunk fed and I'm gonna job him to everyone I can think of.

[QUOTE=Anubis;187509]Two questions: 1. Are you using the updated CornellVerse? 2. Are you willing to release this slight variation as a mod for some of us to play?[/QUOTE] 1. Yes. 2. [URL="http://upload2.net/page/download/LS6PgeGO6HIRPFu/BWA.zip.html"]Yes.[/URL] Update coming in a while, simming it now.

[B][SIZE="5"][CENTER][U]May 2007[/U][/CENTER][/SIZE][/B] [B]World News[/B] - TCW and UCR both get new TV shows. Surprisingly, despite losing theirs, DaVE and USPW don’t. - After the Great Talent Sponge Of ’07, MAW’s bloated roster still only manage a D+ show (which is no worse than their others, but it had double the amount of matches on it). - Jack DeColt wants to go to Japan. It’s a shame he has to stay and help run daddies promotion, huh? - Champagne Lover swerves SOTBPW by rejecting a contract the day after winning their main title. [COLOR="DarkRed"][B]ACW News[/B] Roman Heidensiek’s punishment appears to be over, as he signed a contract extension, as did Spotskin.[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkGreen"][B]PWA News[/B] A quiet month. Nothing happens other than the show. But stay tuned for Grandmaster Phunk’s most idiotic decision yet… see if you can spot it.[/COLOR]
[CENTER][B][U][SIZE="3"]Show Reports[/SIZE][/U][/B] [COLOR="DarkRed"][B]ACW Hard Times.[/B] [I]Friday, Week 1, May[/I] [B]Venue:[/B] Windsor Hall, Ontario \o/ [B]Attendance:[/B] 64 ([/color][color="Green"][b]+33[/b][/color])[COLOR="DarkRed"] [b]Announcers[/b]: Marty Papin and Sue Danes.[/CENTER][/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkRed"][B]Match One:[/B] Henry Howe defeats resident curtain-jerking jobber Daniel Herring. [B]Rating:[/B] E. - [B]Match Two:[/B] Derek Blackley defeated S.C. Apino. Shockingly, and frankly embarrassingly, this is the giant’s first ever loss (to one of the fed’s smallest workers), and his second best match. [B]Rating:[/B] E. Not quite a Rhino Umaga miracle, but not bad. - [B]Match Three:[/B] Falling down the card in leaps and bounds since losing the title, Christian Chase goes to a double countout with his favourite opponent, Spotskin. [B]Rating:[/B] E-. - [B]Match Four:[/B] Pox defeats Bubba Lee West, his first win to date. [B]Rating:[/B] D-. And his best singles match to date, too. - [B]Match Five:[/B] Joey Poison defeats Anubis. Anubis and Poison seem to be having a decent feud in ACW, and this is the MMAer’s first singles loss (his only other loss was also to Poison in a tag match). [B]Rating:[/B] D-. - [B]Main Event:[/B] Jacob Jett retains his ACW Avalanche Championship in a decent match with Anubis’ tag partner, Nathan Sampson. Funnily enough, Sampsons record with Jett is a mirror image of Anubis’ with Poison (first singles loss, only ever lost to Jett, the last time was in the same tag match as Anubis’). So it’s obviously a tag feud. [B]Rating:[/B] D- [B]Overall Show Rating:[/B] D-. Much, much better month for ACW. Zero idiocy, good card, good crowd. [I][Wrestlers not used: Rhino Umaga (working for MAW).] [The Avalanche Championship lost 0.6 Prestige. For comparison, it’s 2.2% behind PWA’s title.] [They stayed in Ontario! Finally. If this continues, they may even MAKE money again soon.] [Show MVP, as voted for by TotalExtremeWrestling.com: Jacob Jett.][/COLOR] [/I] [center][COLOR="Red"]-[/COLOR]=[COLOR="Lime"]-[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkGreen"][B]PWA Surrender or Die![/B] [I]Friday, Week 3, May[/I] [B]Venue:[/B] The Asylum, Great Lakes [B]Attendance:[/B] 59 ([color="Green"][b]+3[/b][/color]) [COLOR="DarkGreen"][b]Announcers:[/b] Rock Downpour and Guy McGhee[/CENTER][/COLOR] [B]Match One:[/B] Simon Munoz [b]doesn’t job![/b] Instead, he and Mike Snider go to a double countout. [B]Rating:[/B] E. - [B]Match Two:[/B] Citizen X defeats Matt Magnum, in the best undercard match in ages for PWA. [B]Rating:[/B] D- - [B]Match Three:[/B] Time for our regularly scheduled ****fest involving Kray Z. The Anarchist gets the win. [B]Rating:[/B] F+. At least it was a singles match, hey… - [B]Match Four:[/B] Revenant defeats K-Fabe to retain his Cruiserkore Championship. [B]Rating:[/B] E+. Still not setting the world alight, but better than most all-backyarder matches tend to be. This is the third time Rev has beaten Fabe for this title, and this is the best match of the three. In fact, it’s his best match yet. - [B]Match Five:[/B] Matt Sparrow defeats Mainstream Hernandez, in a typically brilliant encounter.. [B]Rating:[/B] C-. What did you expect? - [B]Main Event:[/B] Grandmaster Phunk defeats Remmy Skye to retain the PWA Openweight Championship. Skye isn’t as good as Hernandez, then? Shame. At least he turned up… Interesting note, Phunk is now 10 and 0, since he’s never lost in NYCW either. [B]Rating:[/B] D+. Disappointing, really. But then… Remmy Skye was involved. [B]Overall Rating:[/B] D+. A decent show from PWA. However, did anyone spot the moment of absolute idiocy? The Asylum?! What was he thinking?! 59 fans in a 1,000 seater arena = quiet. And costly, something which PWA can really do without right now. However, it was at least still in the Great Lakes, which is an improvement. [I][Wrestlers not used: Lennon Burntwood, Maxx Hero… again!] [The PWA Cruiserkore title stayed level, prestige-wise, as did the PWA Openweight Championship.] [Show MVP, as voted for by TotalExtremeWrestling.com: Grandmaster Phunk. Again.[/I][/COLOR]
[B]End Of The Month Report[/B] [B][COLOR="DarkRed"]ACW [/COLOR][/B], since some fans could actually go to the show this time, weighed in with a mere $816 loss. They’ve still only lost just over $2,500 overall, which is half of what PWA lose each month. [COLOR="DarkGreen"][B]PWA[/B][/COLOR]’s Tiny-venue-booking antics, which is either stupidity or blind optimism depending on how you look at it, has landed them their biggest bill yet, losing -$6027. This needs to stop. Now. Popularity wise, [COLOR="DarkGreen"][B]PWA[/B][/COLOR] gained 0.8% in the Great Lakes, taking them to 2.4% overall. [COLOR="DarkRed"][B]ACW[/B][/COLOR] also gained 0.8%, in Ontario, so they’re up to 2.4% too. Anubis, Nathan Sampson and Derek Blackley are all up to F+ in Ontario, while K-Fabe’s third successive Cruiserkore title loss has bumped him up to F in the Great Lakes.
[B]Next Month:[/B] Grandmaster Phunk probably does something ridiculously stupid. I’ll also be looking into stat increases, as we pass the six month mark. Wait, six month mark? Woot, the original in 2005 only lasted four. D-Lyrium has improved in attention span.

Archived