The Backyard Wrestling Alliance

In 2007, far out of sight of the majority of the wrestling world, two backyard promotions formed an alliance. A pledge to no longer be ignored by the wrestling world, to no longer be outcast as some kind of mutant offspring of wrestling. A pledge to prove that just because they happened to wrestle in a backyard, that didn't make them the same as all the other backyard promotions the mass media has lumped together under the banner of "immature kids asking for trouble". No, they were TRAINED!* They were TALENTED!** They had a FUTURE!*** [SIZE="1"] (* well, in the process thereof, anyway). (** ...potentially). (*** ... does Burger King count?)[/SIZE] And so, the Backyard Wrestling Alliance was born. Which in hindsight was a rather ironic name for a bunch of promotions trying to prove their not just backyard feds. But hell, they're only young. Irony to them is something their mothers do to their clothes every week. The first of the BWA’s founding members is Quebec-based [B][COLOR="DarkRed"]Avalanche Championship Wrestling[/COLOR][/B]. The rather grand name belies the fact that the promotion is actually based in a small village on the outskirts of Montreal. Owner [B]Caden Chase[/B] prefers an old-school approach, and tries to bring in youngsters based on their technical skills and willingness to work slow, well-built matches rather than flashy aerial assaults or hardcore brawls. Caden's 16-year old son, Christian, is one of the promotions top workers, their head booker and also their champion (although his actual in-ring skill is subject to much criticism). The third party in the alliance is Shawsville, VA's [COLOR="DarkGreen"][B]Pro Wrestling Alternative[/B][/COLOR]. As the name suggests, PWA offers an alternative form of wrestling, although what it's an alternative to isn't clear. Matches tend to be fast-paced and often involve high-spots, although the promotion isn't based around hardcore brawls, more on athletic aerial battles. [B]Steve McGuire[/B]'s product has a clear lucha libre influence; although to call it a lucha libre promotion would be an insult to every Mexican in the industry. With both promotions teaming up (n.b., in reality they're at war, but it's a friendly, competitive war ¬_¬), they might soon manage to move out of the backyard, and even hire some 'real' professional wrestlers.
[CENTER][SIZE="5"][b][u]-Rosters-[/b][/u][/SIZE] [COLOR="Silver"][[I]All stats descriptions are relative to the backyard. Nobody has higher than C- in any in-ring stat. Also, the longer biographies that include character info are edited versions of ones written by the forumers who submitted that particular wrestler. I’ve only written the statistics info. The chance of success ratings are just random guesses by me, based on their skills. Don’t look into them too heavily.[/I]][/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="4"]Avalanche Championship Wrestling[/SIZE][/B] [i][SIZE="3"][u]-Main Event-[/u][/SIZE][/i][/COLOR] [B][COLOR="Red"]Roman Heidenseik[/COLOR][/B] [I]Babyface - Heavyweight - Regular Wrestler - 17 Years Old[/I] [/CENTER]Fan favourite Roman Heidenseik is a below-average all-rounder, who excels in brawling. Excels is far too strong a word really... He's ok at punching people. One thing in Roman's favour is that he has exceptional basics and psychology for someone so young. He has a reputation backstage for being a bit of a politician. [CENTER]-=-[/CENTER] [i]Pros: Ok brawling, great performance skills, average Entertainment skills. - Cons: Ugly as all hell, and has no star quality at all. Stamina is only average. - Chance of success: He should be an ok jobber in a top fed, but I can't see him ever becoming truly successful. D-[/i] [CENTER]------ [B][COLOR="Red"]Nathan Sampson[/COLOR][/B] [I]Babyface - Middleweight - Technician - 16 Years Old[/I] [/CENTER]Born in the Ukraine, Nathan moved to America at a very early age. He got into wrestling and decided to train up, using old technical matches as his influences. He is also a second degree black belt in Tang Soo Do. As soon as he got his chance to get into wrestling, he took it. [CENTER]-=-[/CENTER] [i]Pros: Very intense. Acceptable mat/chain wrestling skills. Only 16. - Cons: Looks even worse than Roman, and has only slightly more star potential. - Chance of success: It’s going to take a miracle, but he has the time to improve. E.[/i] [CENTER]------ [B][COLOR="DarkRed"]Henry Howe[/COLOR][/B] [I]Heel - Middleweight - Technician - 23 Years Old[/I] [/CENTER]Ring-wise, Howe is very similar to Sampson, in that he’s largely terrible. His submissions are better and he’s tougher, but that’s about all there is in it. Luckily, despite being just as terrible on the microphone, Howe has a great look, and a substantial amount of star potential. He’s also nigh-on invincible too. One area where Howe has the advantage is his performance skills. He’s much more consistent and has a decent knowledge of the basics. Backstage he’s known to be very nice, but is a masterful politician, and has business experience as well as some booking credentials. [CENTER]-=-[/CENTER] [i]Pros: Great looks, star potential and resilience. Also has a career as a low-level booker to fall back on if his wrestling career goes tits-up, which looks likely. Might even own a promotion one day. - Cons: He’s a very bland, very average technical worker, and the world has enough of those. - Chance of success: He’ll have to rely on his backstage pull and looks more than his talent, but if he is going to make it, he’s in the right place. D-[/i] [CENTER]------ [SIZE="3"][i][COLOR="DarkRed"]Upper Midcard[/COLOR][/i][/SIZE] [B][COLOR="Red"]S. C. Apino[/COLOR][/B] [I]Babyface - Giant - Entertainer - 16 Years Old[/I] [/CENTER]S. C. Apino was always tall for his age but was extremely clumsy. This earned him a lot of unwanted attention. He coped by becoming something of a comedian. When it was suggested that he try his hand at backyard wrestling, he figured he might as well give it a shot. Trained by fellow upper carder Derek Blackley, and it shows. The Scapman is bloody terrible in the ring. [CENTER]-=-[/CENTER] [i]Pros: Great looks, star potential and resilience. Fantastic entertainment skills. - Cons: The worst in-ring skills of any wrestler in the BWA. - Chances of success: Stranger things have happened… The giant actually has a decent chance with his size, looks and entertainment skills, a promotion like USPW or SWF might be able to work wonders with him. ACW will give him a far better chance at success than PWA would have. C+ to become a star, F+ to become a great wrestler..[/i] [CENTER]------- [B][COLOR="Red"]Spotskin[/COLOR][/B] [I]Babyface - Heavyweight - Regular Wrestler - 24 Years Old[/I] [/CENTER]Scarred by a skin disease that causes him to scratch his skin bloody at times, Spotskin is an intimitading sight. Starting in a German backyard fed, he used a lottery win to start a "World Tour". Has stayed in Japan for a while, where he wrestled in a Garbage promotion, but also received some training in a "traditional" dojo before dropping out and moving on. [CENTER]-=-[/CENTER] [i]Pros: Very menacing. Moderate entertainment and fair star potential (God knows why…). Ummm… speaks German? (Because he IS German…). - Cons: The lack of pros should tell it’s own story. He’s the second worst worker in ACW, and the third worst in the BWA. And the second or third oldest, not a good combo - Chances of success: Zero. F- . Go on, prove me wrong.[/i] [CENTER]------- [B][COLOR="DarkRed"]Derek Blackley[/COLOR][/B] [I]Heel - Lightweight - Technician - 20 Years Old[/I][/CENTER] [/CENTER]Derek Blackley is a youngster with a lot of ego. Quick witted and with a sharp sense of humour, his heel act of a ****y youngster out to revolutionise wrestling can make people legitimately angry sometimes. In reality, he likes nothing more than a good joke and spends vast amount of time watching wrestling videos. [CENTER]-=-[/CENTER] [i]Pros: His technical skills exist, which makes him better than most so far. He can perform a few aerial moves, and has a passing knowledge of how to brawl. Good basics and fair entertainment skills round him off quite well. Fantastic resilience. - Cons: His ego is likely to rub people the wrong way, and has already probably ruined Apino’s career by deciding to train him when he was barely trained himself. He’s as stiff as a wet Rich Tea biscuit too. - Chances of success: He should do quite well for himself in ACW, but I cant’ see him becoming much of a star in the grand scheme of things. D+.[/i] [CENTER]------- [B][COLOR="DarkRed"]Christian Chase [/COLOR][/B] [I]Heel - Lightweight - Regular Wrestler - 16 Years Old[/I] [/CENTER]The reigning (and so far only) Avalanche Champion, Christian is the son of the owner of ACW. He’s an ok all-rounder really, although he’s definitely not good by any stretch of the imagination. His performance skills are dire, but he’s very entertaining. Backstage, he’s a joker and very popular with his friends, but he’s also a bit of a politician, as you’d expect from the under-talented son of the owner of a promotion. [CENTER]-=-[/CENTER] [i]Pros: Highly entertaining. Willing to try his hand at any style. - Cons: Doesn’t excel in any style. Poor performance skills. Poor physical skills. Just... poor. - Chances of success: None at all unless ACW go down the toilet. Come to think of it, none after that either. But still more than Spotskin. F.[/i] [CENTER]------- [COLOR="DarkRed"][i][SIZE="3"]Midcard[/SIZE][/i][/COLOR] [B][COLOR="Red"]Daniel Herring[/COLOR][/B] [I]Babyface - Heavyweight - MMA Crossover - 25 Years Old[/I] [/CENTER]A fan of Mixed Martial Arts, Daniel “Dochappy” Herring loves to blend those styles with old school wrestling techniques. Out of the ring He is shy but otherwise normal , but when he enters the ring it's like another person all together. He laughs uncontrollably as he heats up during the match. Usually by the end of the match it's as if he's on laughing gas. [CENTER]-=-[/CENTER] [i]Pros: Great resilience, mediocre entertainment skills, good submissions and ok technical skills in general, good basics. - Cons: Poor rumble skills, not great physically either. Also, at 25 years old, he’s one of the older workers. - Chances of success: Poor. He’s too old to still be learning the ropes. Might get a late break in Japan, but I doubt it. F+.[/i] [CENTER]------ [B][COLOR="DarkRed"]Anubis[/COLOR][/B] [I]Heel - Lightweight - MMA Crossover - 26 Years Old[/I] [/CENTER]Brandon Harwell, who works under the name Anubis, has been fighting professionally since he graduated high school in 1999. Bored with the MMA circuit, however, he has decided to try his hand at professional wrestling. His size kept him from getting picked up by any notable promotion due to his lack of traditional cruiserweight skills, so he has reluctantly settled for starting at the bottom of the barrel. Even so, he is the type to sway the bookings by any means necessary. [CENTER]-=-[/CENTER] [i]Pros: Where do I start? The guy has more star quality than your average Milky Way, the stiffest worker in the BWA, and the second most menacing. He’s very entertaining, and has some of the best technical skills in the BWA, which he can back up with his athleticism and brawling. Has far and away the most stamina, too. AND a good look. Plus, should a horrific injury cut short his career, he can probably get a job as a booker. - Cons: He’s basics suck hardcore, as to the rest of his performance skills. So he’ll need to work on those. Also, while he’s as powerful and tough as the best the BWA have to offer, his resilience isn’t perfect. His safety is terrible. Someone gon’ get killed fo’ real. - Chances of success: If anyone in the BWA makes it, it’ll be Anubis. A. The smart money is on him as “first to get a contract outside the BWA”.[/i] [CENTER]------ [COLOR="DarkRed"][i][SIZE="3"]Lower Midcard[/SIZE][/i][/COLOR] [B][COLOR="DarkRed"]Pox[/COLOR][/B] [I]Heel - Small - Cruiserweight - 18 Years Old[/I] [/CENTER]Pox used to be a nice guy, but something messed him up. He won't talk about it, but the circumstantial evidence suggests that someone important to him had something bad happen to them, and it was his fault. Regardless, he snapped. His mission seems to be to take it out on everything - opponents, friends, the announcers, teddy bears, lawn ornaments, anything. It's not totally unknown to see Pox in public parks, trying to suplex a tree. [CENTER]-=-[/CENTER] [i]Pros: Only 18, so has bags of time to improve. Already has nice aerial skills, and ok technical attributes too. His basics, safety and selling are decent. Good stamina, great resilience, moderate entertainment skill. - Cons: He’s not too flashy (but in his current promotion, that’s probably a plus). He’s also ACW’s only cruiserweight, hence the lower midcard position. Might not fit in. - Chances of success: Pox has the most chance of becoming a good worker (discounting Anubis and Simon Munoz who’re nearly there already). However, he’s stuck in a promotion where his style will almost certainly go unappreciated. Being signed by CZCW, or even jumping to the PWA, will do wonders for him. D+ if he stays, B- if he leaves.[/i]
[CENTER] [COLOR="DarkGreen"][B][SIZE="4"]Pro Wrestling Alternative[/SIZE][/B] [i][SIZE="3"]Main Event[/SIZE][/i][/COLOR] [B][COLOR="Green"]K-Fabe[/COLOR][/B] [I]Babyface - Middleweight - Cruiserweight - 17 Years Old[/I][/CENTER] K-Fabe is the BWA’s best high flier. His aerial skills are good, and while he’s not the flashiest of workers, you can’t call him boring either. With a good look, and bags of potential, he’s destined to be big in years to come. Backstage, he’s known to be a politician, but not a bad person in general. [CENTER]-=-[/CENTER] [i]Pros: Good aerial skills, great look and star potential. Moderate entertainment, moderate basics. - Cons: BWA’s least stiff worker, but that’s just nitpicking really. He is very one dimensional though; his aerial skills are all he has.. - Chance of success: Definitely one for the future. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if CZCW picked him up sharpish.. A[/i] [CENTER]------ [B][COLOR="DarkGreen"]Lennon Burntwood[/COLOR][/B] [I]Heel - Lightweight - Technician - 19 Years Old[/I][/CENTER] Grew up on the streets of Liverpool, England. Lennon Burntwood’s brilliant character of an overly pretentious singer is based on John Lennon, of the Beatles fame. Despite being very entertaining, Lennon’s technical skills are rather drab. Not terrible, but nothing to get excited about. He is only 19 however, and has a good grounding in the basics and an acceptable look. [CENTER]-=-[/CENTER] [i]Pros: Entertainment skills are good. Technical skills are passable, and has been known to fly a few times too. - Cons: No star potential, toughness and power is also bad. As is stiffness. - Chance of success: Despite his ingenious gimmick, I can’t see him making any huge waves in the wrestling world. D+[/i] [CENTER]------ [B][COLOR="DarkGreen"]Revenant [/COLOR][/B] [I]Heel - Middleweight - Cruiserweight - 20 Years Old[/I][/CENTER] Revenant is a Vampiric cruiserweight character from Mexico. His flying skills are solid, and since he’s only 20 years old, things look positive for his future. [CENTER]-=-[/CENTER] [i]Pros: Decent look, solid aerial skills to build on. Solid entertainment, too. Needs improvement, but he’s got time for that. Star Quality isn’t remarkable, but exists. - Cons: He’s a physical wreck, and his basics are terrible. But he is only 20… - Chance of success: Not quite as bright a prospect as Fabe, but not far behind, and the best matches from the BWA wrestlers should be between those two. John Lennon being attacked by a vampire has to draw, right? C-[/i] [CENTER]------ [size="3"][i][COLOR="DarkGreen"]Upper Midcard[/COLOR][/i][/size] [B][COLOR="Green"]”The Anarchist” Andy Thompson[/COLOR][/B] [I]Babyface - Middleweight - Puroresu Style - 19 Years Old[/I][/CENTER] Andy Thompson came to the United States from Scotland when he was 8, and from that day on he was hooked on professional wrestling, particularly the Japanese style. He'd always planned on becoming a wrestler, and after teenage years reading works by men like Baukinin & Kropotkin, he felt that wrestling would be a great soapbox to try converting people to his political views. [CENTER]-=-[/CENTER] [i]Pros: He certainly has the entertainment skills to carry the gimmick, and a great look too. Star potential is also another high point. It’s a shame he signed on a wrestler really… - Cons: …because in the ring he sucks hard. His basics are embarrassing, his technical skills are shaky, and while the Puroresu style is what he’s best at, even that’s not pretty. He’s also Selfish, which is probably a Pro in the wrestling world actually. - Chances of success: Not great. He’s another wrestler who’s going to have to learn fast, or learn to get by on his entertainment skills. D+..[/i] [CENTER]------- [B][COLOR="Green"]Maxx Hero[/COLOR][/B] [I]Babyface - Heavyweight - Brawler - 16 Years Old[/I][/CENTER] Backstage, Hero is known as a bitter egomaniac. Although where he finds the charisma to be bitter from is a mystery. He certainly doesn’t possess any real charisma when he’s wrestling. His main strength is in brawls, especially hardcore ones. [CENTER]-=-[/CENTER] [i]Pros: Decent brawler for a 16 year old. Good with weapons too. Decent look with some star potential, and strong booking skills. - Cons: Bearing in mind he’s only 16, he’s got time to improve. But the bad news is he’s gonna need it. His basics and performance skills are terrible, physically it’s a wonder he can hold his own body up, let alone anyone elses. - Chances of success: He’s going to need a lot of work, but he has time. C-.[/i] [CENTER]------- [B][COLOR="DarkGreen"]Kray Z[/COLOR][/B] [I]Heel - Lightweight - Psychopath - 20 Years Old[/I][/CENTER] Kray Z is a psychopath with average-to-middling skills in general. That’s pretty much all I can say ¬_¬. [CENTER]-=-[/CENTER] [i]Pros: Decent Entertainment, with an emphasis on his acting skills. - Cons: Everything else. He’s as tough as a wet paper bag, has the athleticism of a rock, his basics and safety are so bad that it’ll be a miracle if, combined with his relatively poor resilience, he makes it through the first match injury free. - Chances of success: His entertainment and his relative youth might just pay the bills, but nothing more. F+.[/i] [CENTER]------- [B][COLOR="DarkGreen"]Matt Magnum [/COLOR][/B] [I]Heel - Very Small - Regular Wrestler - 16 Years Old[/I][/CENTER] Known backstage as a manipulative politician, Matt Magnum is a little guy with a big… Ok, so he’s just a little guy. [CENTER]-=-[/CENTER] [i]Pros: His acting. The ONLY thing he’s good at. - Cons: I realize I’ve said this a lot recently, but he really does suck at everything else. Really. Lucky he’s 16, he’s got time to GET some skills, let alone improve them. - Chances of success: Nothing short of a miracle will ever get him employed with any company if anything bad happens to PWA, or his contract with them. For this reason, he’s probably my favourite BWA worker. F-.[/i] [CENTER]------- [COLOR="DarkGreen"][i][SIZE="3"]Midcard[/SIZE][/i][/COLOR] [B][COLOR="Green"]Mike Snider[/COLOR][/B] [I]Babyface - Middleweight - Entertainer - 18 Years Old[/I][/CENTER] Snider is a young kid who decided against going to college to pursue computer science and instead decided to enter the world of professional wrestling. However, since he has not had any real experience wrestling, all he is is a big ball of charisma. He's not a tiny guy, but he's not huge either. He should be a quick learner and start putting on better and better matches as time goes on. [CENTER]-=-[/CENTER] [i]Pros: Good look, some star quality, decent entertainment skills. Probably BWA’s safest worker (unfortunately, he’s in BWA’s least safe fed by far ¬_¬). Ironically, possibly also the stiffest other than Anubis. - Cons: His actual wrestling skills leave a lot to be desired, but he has time to improve them. - Chances of success: I don’t think he’ll get on too well in PWA, but if/when he gets picked up by someone like USPW or NYCW, he’ll do a lot better. D+.[/i] [CENTER]------ [B][COLOR="DarkGreen"]Simon Munoz[/COLOR][/B] [I]Heel - Lightweight - Luchador - 29 Years Old[/I][/CENTER] Simon Munoz is a wrestler from New York City who went into wrestling with a lot of other things going for him. With over twenty years of martial arts training Simon went into wrestling with quite a bit of athletic talent but a few previous injuries to slow him down. Trained in a Lucha style but using his martial arts training he mixes Mexican and Japanese influences. Simon also works as masked Luchador Lobo Solitario. As a keen role-player and writer, he's never short of creative ideas either. [CENTER]-=-[/CENTER] [i]Pros: Absolutely fantastic on the microphone, and his other entertainment skills aren’t bad either; he can even call matches competently. His high flying and technical skills are also fantastic for the BWA; he’s better in the air than K-Fabe, and just as good technically as Anubis (slightly better, in fact). Good basics and psychology, and sells like a champ. - Cons: Very unsafe, compared to his other skills. Rumble skills are weak. Little star quality. - Chances of success: Brilliant. Has a good chance of being a star in Mexico, or CZCW. And is a no brainer for success within the PWA. A*[/i] [CENTER] [COLOR="DarkGreen"][i][SIZE="3"]Non-Wrestlers[/SIZE][/i][/COLOR] [B][COLOR="DarkGreen"]Guy "In The Corner" McGhee[/COLOR][/B] [I]Heel - Small - Retired Wrestler - 19 Years Old[/I][/CENTER] McGhee joined Steve McGuire's PWA for a bit of harmless fun, but soon looked to be an integral part of it’s shows… until he blew out his knee at their first show. After a guilty Steve McGuire paid his medical bills in full and took the kid under his wing, Guy felt compelled to find a new way to contribute to PWA and found it in his promising managerial role. In his current heel role he manages his stable “CornerMan Inc.” and swears up and down that he has turned his clients into wrestling mega-stars on the European circuit. The gimmick has begun to become such a hit with the small PWA crowd that McGuire has suggested he actually attempt to bring the character oversees after completing his college education. Currently working as PWA's Colour Commentator, although they don't have an announcer yet. [CENTER]-=-[/CENTER] [i]Pros: Loyalty to McGuire will keep him in a job (as long as there's a company around to keep him in a job with), and his above-average entertainment skills mean that he's an impressive manager for such a young guy. - Cons: None, really. He's not a wrestler, so the fact that his entertainment is his only bright spot is expected. - Chances of success: Good. While we probably won't see a lot of him in the dynasty, due to him not being in any matches, he should do quite well for himself as a manager. B+[/i]
[b]Coming Up Next:[/b] January 2007. Hirings [SIZE="1"](probably)[/SIZE], firings [SIZE="1"](possibly)[/SIZE] and two shows [SIZE="1"](hopefully)[/SIZE]. (OOC. [SIZE="1"]That is, if there is a C to be OO[/SIZE]: Whew, that took bloody hours. I'll try and get January up tonight, but no promises. It's 3am now and I'm tired :p)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;183579]Cons: He’s basics suck hardcore, as to the rest of his performance skills. So he’ll need to work on those. Also, while he’s as powerful and tough as the best the BWA have to offer, his resilience isn’t perfect. His safety is terrible. Someone gon’ get killed fo’ real.[/QUOTE] Just how I like it. :D Oh, and very interesting how it gave me the low resilience, as it fits the real me; I am pretty injury prone in reality, and most of my time is spent playing games on my PS2 and my computer! :D

[QUOTE=Anubis;183677]Just how I like it. :D Oh, and very interesting how it gave me the low resilience, as it fits the real me; I am pretty injury prone in reality, and most of my time is spent playing games on my PS2 and my computer! :D[/QUOTE] Cause and suffer lots of injuries. Awesome. Just don't touch me. Cool that I'm in the main event. But come on, only an E for chance of success? I guess you'd better be prepared to eat shoe, D-Lyrium!

I hope I eat lots of shoes :p I want you guys to end up as TCW World Champions. As for Anubis not touching you... do you trust him to slap your hand?... [B][SIZE="5"][CENTER][U]January 2007[/U][/CENTER][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="DarkRed"][B]ACW News[/B] ACW launched their attempt at becoming a professional wrestling promotion with the signing of manager Katie Cameron. Shortly after, to the surprise of nobody, her boyfriend Jacob Jett came on board. Christian Chase also grabbed Joey Poison, then decided to run their opening show with no road agents, announcers or referees. See below for the catastrophe that ensued. After their show, they picked up Marty Papin as an announcer, and Rhino Umaga and Sergeant Bubba Lee West for the upper midcard.[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkGreen"][B]PWA News[/B] PWA’s attempt at hanging with the big boys resulted in Grandmaster Phunk’s appointment as head booker. Phunk’s first signing was main eventer Remmy Skye. Rock Downpour signed on as announcer and also a member of the booking team, while Jez McArthuer was employed in a similar dual role of booker/referee. Phunk truly earned his bacon though, by making three magnificent signings: Mainstream Hernandez and Matt Sparrow for the main event, and Citizen X for the upper midcard.[/COLOR]
[CENTER][B][U][SIZE="3"]Show Reports[/SIZE][/U][/B] [COLOR="DarkRed"][B]ACW Damage Inc.[/B] [I]Tuesday, Week 2, January[/I] [B]Venue:[/B] Concordia Hall, Quebec. [B]Attendance:[/B] 41 [b]Announcers[/b]: None.[/COLOR][/CENTER] [COLOR="DarkRed"][B]Match One:[/B] In what could go down as his second most idiotic booking decision ever (wait ‘til you see the main event), Christian Chase decides to shove his best worker in the tag team division as Anubis and Nathan Sampson team up (as the imaginatively named “Anubis and Nathan Sampson”) to defeat Daniel Herring and Pox (a mixed martial artist and a cruiserweight ¬_¬) for the [B]ACW Twin Peaks Championship[/B]. [B]Rating:[/B] E, which unfortunately isn’t the worst match of the night. - [B]Match Two:[/B] New signing Jacob Jett is out second, to put on the clear match of the night by defeating Derek Blackley. [B]Rating:[/B] D+. Match of the night, and a great start for Blackley. - [B]Match Three:[/B] Joey Poison defeats Henry Howe. [B]Rating:[/B] D-. Poison carried Howe extremely well. - [B]Main Event:[/B] The genius booking decisions of Christian Chase continue, as both workers with actual talent are used up in throwaway midcard matches, while the main event consists of Chase retaining his [B]ACW Avalanche Championship[/B] against Spotskin. [B]Rating:[/B] E-. That’s what happens when your two least talented workers are in the main event. [B]Overall Show Rating:[/B] E. [I][Not a complete disaster, relatively speaking, but it could’ve been so much better. Roman Heidensiek and S. C. Apino didn’t get a match, which when you consider Spotskin was in the main event, is puzzling. It’s probably worth mentioning that Jett, Poison, Chase and Spotskin are now the four main eventers for ACW, with all three of the original main men demoted to the upper midcard.] [The Twin Peaks Championship lost 1.3% Prestige. The Avalanche Championship lost 0.6%.] [Strangely, Christian Chase decided to run his first professional show with no road agents, or announcers. Caden Chase was refereeing. So much for professional.] [Death Watch: Herring and Pox are still both alive and well.][/I][/COLOR] [center][COLOR="Red"]-[/COLOR]=[COLOR="Lime"]-[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkGreen"][B]PWA Hell Hole[/B] [I]Tuesday, Week 3, January[/I] [B]Venue:[/B] Stanley Hall, Mid Atlantic [B]Attendance:[/B] 72 [I](Eat that, ACW!)[/I] [b]Announcers:[/b] Rock Downpour and Guy McGhee[/CENTER] [B]Match One:[/B] To kick us off, in an appropriately average match, Mike Snider beats Kray Z. [B]Rating:[/B] F+ (Probably more Z’s fault than Mike’s). - [B]Match Two:[/B] Revenant defeats Simon Munoz for the [B]PWA Cruiserkore title[/B]. Let’s hope that’s only to draw fans for the rematch, rather than because Phunk thinks Rev actually deserves it. [B]Rating:[/B] E. Nothing to sneeze at, at this level. - [B]Match Three:[/B] K-Fabe defeated Maxx Hero. [B]Rating:[/B] E-. Slightly worse than the previous match, but this one didn’t have Munoz in it… - [B]Match Four:[/B] Matt Magnum defeated Citizen X. [B]Rating:[/B] D-. The first BWA star to get a win over a pro wrestler. Nice. - [B]Match Five:[/B] Remmy Skye defeated Mainstream Hernandez. [B]Rating:[/B] D. Match of the night, but no BWA stars involved, so we don’t really care. - [B]Main Event:[/B] Grandmaster Phunk defeated Andy Thompson to become the first ever [B]BWA Openweight Champion[/B]. [B]Rating:[/B] D-. The real match of the night ¬_¬. But putting yourself over young kids trying to catch a break in the business? Shameful, Phunk. Shameful. [B]Overall Rating:[/B] D- [I][Kicking the ever-loving hell out of ACW’s show. Not only was it longer, but it was booked fairly competently, too. And actually had a referee. The title wins were both quite suspect, but I can understand Phunk winning the Openweight title; he’s the only wrestler on the roster that he knows can wrestle, and that will still be here next month for sure.] [Wrestlers not used: Matt Sparrow (working in the Coastal Zone), Lennon Burntwood, Mainstream Hernandez] [The PWA Cruiserkore title dropped 1.7% prestige. The PWA Openweight Championship dropped 1.9%, serves Phunk right for putting himself over!][/I][/COLOR]
[B]End Of The Month Report[/B] Financially, [B][COLOR="DarkRed"]ACW [/COLOR][/B]are doing well due to their cheap workers and made $1425. [COLOR="DarkGreen"][B]PWA[/B][/COLOR] made a loss of $4993, which isn’t a disaster; they’ve hired far better workers and put out a much better show, but obviously losing $5k isn't great. Popularity wise, [COLOR="DarkGreen"][B]PWA[/B][/COLOR] gained 0.8% in the Mid Atlantic. [COLOR="DarkRed"][B]ACW[/B][/COLOR] gained 0.6% in Quebec. So while [B][COLOR="DarkGreen"]PWA [/COLOR][/B]are putting on good shows and gaining popularity fast, [COLOR="DarkRed"][B]ACW [/B][/COLOR]are taking a slow, but profitable, approach.
[B]Next Month:[/B] The two feds hold ironically titled shows, and things happen on them. Possibly wrestling matches, but these reports are entirely unconfirmed.

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;183579][CENTER][B]Simon Munoz[/B] Heel - Lightweight - Luchador - 29 Years Old[/CENTER] Simon Munoz is a wrestler from New York City who went into wrestling with a lot of other things going for him. With over twenty years of martial arts training Simon went into wrestling with quite a bit of athletic talent but a few previous injuries to slow him down. Trained in a Lucha style but using his martial arts training he mixes Mexican and Japanese influences. Simon also works as masked Luchador Lobo Solitario. As a keen role-player and writer, he's never short of creative ideas either. [CENTER]-=-[/CENTER] Pros: Absolutely fantastic on the microphone, and his other entertainment skills aren’t bad either; he can even call matches competently. His high flying and technical skills are also fantastic for the BWA; he’s better in the air than K-Fabe, and just as good technically as Anubis (slightly better, in fact). Good basics and psychology, and sells like a champ. [CENTER]-[/CENTER] Cons: Very unsafe, compared to his other skills. Rumble skills are weak. Little star quality. [CENTER]-[/CENTER] Chances of success: Brilliant. Has a good chance of being a star in Mexico, or CZCW. And is a no brainer for success within the PWA. A*[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=D-Lyrium;183579]Match Two: Revenant defeats Simon Munoz for the PWA Cruiserkore title. Let’s hope that’s only to draw fans for the rematch, rather than because Phunk thinks Rev actually deserves it. Rating: E. Nothing to sneeze at, at this level.[/QUOTE] Damn I'm the most likely to break out and become a star probably have the most skil but I'm just a damn midcarder, probably lower now that Grandmaster Phunk hired some bigger names. If I'm lucky I'll be a break out star and I really want to hold that cruiserkore title amd I think I may steal that name for one of my titles in my C-Verse Draft Your Roster fed. Although I may shorten up the name a bit and jut call it the Cruisecore title.

Holding a show with me around with no road agents, referees, [i]or[/i] announcers? Are the owner and head booker [i]trying[/i] to get someone killed? :p I know how I won! "Hmmm, no referee, so screw it, I think I should just beat people up and take the win." :p This is awesome. Coolness. 1 and 0. By the way, you should release this as a database at some point, the data you've used.

Champion! Thanks Anubis. Yeah, I don't mind just slapping hands. Ironic how I didn't want to face him in the ring, then ended up in a situation where I probably won't for a while. See, D, I'm not complaining about being tagged with him, cause I'm getting the rub.

[B][SIZE="5"][CENTER][U]February 2007[/U][/CENTER][/SIZE][/B] [B]World News[/B] - TCW fall to Cult size, but no major firings are made. - Razor Valentine opens the European League of Professional Fighters in Germany. Their first show gets a fantastic C- rating and draws 121 people, headlined by Mr. Evilness winning the ELPF Heavyweight title against Toby Juan Kanobi. - Larry Wood opens Mexican Hardcore Wrestling. Their first show gets an even better C rating (though relatively both shows were the same quality), and sells out the 1,000 seater Lucha Palace headlined by Enrique Merino beating Torque to win the MHW Heavyweight title. [COLOR="DarkRed"][B]ACW News[/B] The month starts off with a shocking degree of common sense, as Chase hires Sue Danes as colour commentator and Jason Rogers as a road agent (finally). Then things get back to normal, as despite having JUST hired a road agent to deal with this sort of thing, Henry Howe and Roman Heidensiek get into a brawl backstage at their show and now strongly dislike each other.[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkGreen"][B]PWA News[/B] PWA’s workers were making headlines (presumably on a slow news day) for opposite reasons, when Lennon Burntwood gave an online interview with WrestlingHeat.com. Among the things mentioned was the fact that he and Guy McGhee had become good friends recently. Burntwood also signed a contract extension. Phunk then signed Stetson Hatt, but not as a road agent (McGuire is currently in that role, despite sucking hardcore at it since he has no skill in anything at all other than business), but as a heel Manager. Guy McGhee must be brimming with hatred as he records commentary for the DVDs while Hatt takes his spot.[/COLOR]
[CENTER][B][U][SIZE="3"]Show Reports[/SIZE][/U][/B] [COLOR="DarkRed"][B]ACW Danger Zone.[/B] [I]Wednesday, Week 2, February[/I] [B]Venue:[/B] Windsor Hall, Ontario. (?!) [B]Attendance:[/B] 49 ([/color][color="Green"][b]+8[/b][/color])[COLOR="DarkRed"] [b]Announcers[/b]: Marty Papin and Sue Danes.[/CENTER][/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkRed"][B]Match One:[/B] S.C. Apino defeated Pox in a solid opener despite being a mismatch of truly epic proportions. [B]Rating:[/B] E-, clearly Pox provided the E, while Apino provided the minus. - [B]Match Two:[/B] Sergeant Bubba Lee West defeated Henry Howe. [B]Rating:[/B] D. Joint match of the night. Chase is obviously big on rewarding people who start backstage brawls with quality opponents. - [B]Match Three:[/B] Derek Blackley defeated Roman Heidenseik. [B]Rating:[/B] D-. Blackley’s second non-**** match in succession, and this time he was doing the carrying. Promising stuff. - [B]Match Four:[/B] Obviously the show didn’t suck enough last month, but at least he’s moved this match out of the main event slot (by adding another match). Christian Chase retains his ACW Avalanche Championship against Spotskin, again. [B]Rating:[/B] E-. And it sucked, again. Still, Spotskin’s “jobber to the stars” status is starting to get him more exposure than some of the other workers. The only thing missing is a star to job to. - [B]Main Event:[/B] Another stupid booking decision, but at least this one created a good match to end the show. In a non-title match, one month after winning the Twin Peaks Championships, Anubis and Sampson do to the job to the random team of Jacob Jett and Joey Poison, who even after the event aren’t a regular tag team. [B]Rating:[/B] D. Joint match of the night, but even that can’t save the tag team champions from looking rather weak. [B]Overall Show Rating:[/B] D- [I][Much better than last month, although I hope this Chase/Spotskin feud is a short one. Partly because Spotskin is one of the only workers on the roster that would make a worse champion than Chase, and partly because it’s stinking the place out.] [Wrestlers not used: Daniel Herring, Rhino Umaga (working in Japan)] [The Twin Peaks Championship lost no Prestige as it wasn’t defended. The Avalanche Championship lost 0.4% Prestige.] [Now that he’s got workers and staff, Chase decided to start ruining the company in brand new ways, relocating to Ontario for some random reason. Oh well, as long as he STAYS there.] [Death Watch: Joey and Jett are fine ¬_¬.][/I][/COLOR] [center][COLOR="Red"]-[/COLOR]=[COLOR="Lime"]-[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkGreen"][B]PWA Wrestling Spirit[/B] [I]Tuesday, Week 2, February[/I] [B]Venue:[/B] Ohio Jewish Centre, Great Lakes (…) [B]Attendance:[/B] 59 ([color="Red"][b]-13[/b][/color]) [COLOR="DarkGreen"][b]Announcers:[/b] Rock Downpour and Guy McGhee[/CENTER][/COLOR] [B]Match One:[/B] Phunk seems determined to copy Christian Chase’s booking. First he gives himself the main title, then he inexplicably moves his promotion to a new territory, now he’s stuck his best worker in the tag division - a division which doesn’t even have a title in PWA. Anyway, The Last Stand have been formed, as Simon Munoz and Maxx Hero defeat Kray Z and Mike Snider. [B]Rating:[/B] E-. Better than last months opener, which ironically was between the two losers of this match, but not much. - [B]Match Two:[/B] Revenant defeats K-Fabe for the PWA Cruiserkore title. [B]Rating:[/B] E. Having dispatched the one person more suitable (but a LOT more suitable) to hold this title to the tag division, I can’t see Rev’s run ending any time soon. - [B]Match Three:[/B] Citizen X defeated Lennon Burntwood. [B]Rating:[/B] E+. About as much as could be expected. Burntwood is very carry-able, but unspectacular offensively. Unfortunately, so is X. This is, painfully, the backyarders’ match of the night. - [B]Match Four:[/B] Grandmaster Phunk retained his Openweight title against Matt Sparrow. [B]Rating:[/B] C-, match of the night but with no backyarders. Chase defends his title in pre-main event match, so Phunk has to as well, right? - [B]Main Event:[/B] Mainstream Hernandez and Remmy Skye d. Andy Thompson and Mike Magnum in another pointless tag team match (Note: I’ve since edited PWA’s tag match ratio. Evidently 10% is too high ¬_¬). [B]Rating:[/B] E. Ouch, this show is going to suck. Somehow, Hernandez’ usual move to SWF looks like it’ll take a bit longer… [B]Overall Rating:[/B] E+ [I][In a complete swerve from last month, they move to a new territory, lose 13 fans, and put on a sucky show. Oh well, that’s what happens when you copy a crappy bookers booking.] [Wrestlers not used: Nobody. Ouch.] [The PWA Cruiserkore title dropped 1.0% prestige. The PWA Openweight Championship gained 0.8%][/I][/COLOR]
[B]End Of The Month Report[/B] Financially, [B][COLOR="DarkRed"]ACW [/COLOR][/B] with their far superior show have spent a far superior amount to last month, but still only made a loss of $457. [COLOR="DarkGreen"][B]PWA[/B][/COLOR] had a catastrophic month, not only did they put on a poor show, but they used their entire roster, and made a loss of $5754. That’s $11k in two months. At this rate, they’ll be in financial trouble by November. For those wondering, the industry in Canada is C+ and rising, but the economy is D+ and falling. The American economy is C- and falling, and the industry is E+ and falling. The economy is crashing everywhere except the UK, and the industry is crashing everywhere except the UK and Canada. So it's a VERY good time to be 21CW, and that might come into play for the backyarders that can work there, although the other industries will probably be out of their slump by the time most of them are ready to move on. Popularity wise, [COLOR="DarkGreen"][B]PWA[/B][/COLOR] gained 0.8% in the Great Lakes, equaling their popularity at home in Virginia. [COLOR="DarkRed"][B]ACW[/B][/COLOR] gained 0.8% in Ontario, surpassing their popularity at home in Montreal.
[B]Next Month:[/B] More things happen. Probably. Also, I might get Guy McGhee's name right without having to edit the post due to calling him Mark McGhee or Guy McGuire.

Archived