Note from the developer

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This whole situation - along with a very similar situation at Wolverine Studios - reminds me of the Mum in Arrested Development when she finds out that her children mock her for "getting off" on being witholding.

She offers a chocolate bar to her son only to immediately pull it away with the words "I'm witholding it - look at me getting off"...

As an aside (the relevence is a bit tenouous but)...

I'm a guitar maker in my spare time. I work full time as an IT support analyst and care for my elderly grand parents most evenings. Because of my other commitments I often get massively delayed with the guitar making. So, when I get an order I explain to the customer that I cannot give a completion date and will take no money up front, but that I will keep them updated with photo's etc. The last one took me 8 months to complete! My customer was very patient and appreciated the updates etc.

When making my custom guitars, the customer is involved from the outset in order to get feedback on specs etc. much like how developers get the community involved in order to "tailor" the product to the customers needs.

Liaising with the customer to obtain their requirements - getting those requirements from the customer and then going AWOL would be a death sentence for most companies.

My point is, if we do these things as a hobby - and tell people that we have other comitments and that those comitments take precedent, why then sell the product to make a profit?

If we're doing this as a business to make a profit then do it right!

I made a loss on the 8 month guitar - knocked £100 off thus making a £100 loss (I sell them at cost - my time is free - I enjoy what I do and realise it is not my highest priority). Although I had made my position clear from the outset, and the final product I supplied was of high quality and well received, I still felt that I entered into an agreement with my customer as soon as I accepted the order and began communicating with the customer in order to tailor the product.

Do the guys at Grey Dog not feel the same?

The quality of the final product is obviously of paramount importance and I possibly speak for most people here when I say that I would rather wait for the best possible product than receive something substandard. But the "product" also includes the service that is provided from the offset, through to purchase and beyond.

Providing great service and a great product are not mutualy exclusive.

I believe it shows a real lack of respect to all the people who are awaiting this game.

I will not be purchasing any more products, but do appreciate the emotional highs and lows.

Sorry for the long a meandering post - I just started hitting the keys and ended up in a Jessica Fletcher style typing montage.

Well said!:) I have also been waiting for this game since 2007 & have

decided to move on & not to bother checking back anymore since Arlie

doesn't seem to think it is too important to keep anyone updated on the

status of the game. :( There are other games out there & it's time to go

out and support someone else who really deserves it.:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Devine_Limits" data-cite="Devine_Limits" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="8761" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>is this game not gonna happen?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Doesn't look like it. I don't know why football games are always doomed. I have seen other companies say they are coming out with football games, only to recant it later.</p>

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I was a huge fan of TPF and would love to see something similar but with some added depth and stats with a strong AI for the single player mode. Was very happy to find Arlie's post that the game is in work and although it is still some time off it will fill a void that many of us non-console players have.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
So how many years without a single words? The most unprofessional developer ive seen. Purely pathetic that there has been nothing mentioned of a cancellation or a heavy delay... 6 years since a response on this game...

Really?

Like you said, "really?"

Are you really that much of an a*s to come to this forum and post that? Unprofessional? Look in the mirror.

One would assume the game is in limbo if nothing has been posted, or cancelled for that matter. GDS owes you nothing!

Really!

• 2 weeks later...
Like you said, "really?"

Are you really that much of an a*s to come to this forum and post that? Unprofessional? Look in the mirror.

One would assume the game is in limbo if nothing has been posted, or cancelled for that matter. GDS owes you nothing!

Really!

Clearly you have never worked a day in your life or else you would know what CUSTOMER SERVICE is. GDS owes its customers everything. With customers there is no GDS. So yes... GDS owes me a reason. Learn your facts before speaking.