Note from the developer

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nukester
Don't worry guys, Arlie is still alive and well and is indeed working on the game. Just slowly, that's all.

If he had time to tell you that, he could probably come here and let the rest of us know :2cents:

i'd like to suggest an integration of players from Bowl Bound CF. When you have a saved game up to let's say 2020, then you can import that data into the pro game and the players that graduated and declared early retain their attributes and get drafted in the respective years, and then after 2020 it would just have computer generated ones drafted. it would add value to both games. i would probably not stop playing them.

i'd like to suggest an integration of players from Bowl Bound CF. When you have a saved game up to let's say 2020, then you can import that data into the pro game and the players that graduated and declared early retain their attributes and get drafted in the respective years, and then after 2020 it would just have computer generated ones drafted. it would add value to both games. i would probably not stop playing them.

This will be in BBPF when it's released.

I went ahead and fixed that statement for you....

Well aren't you a clever, clever person! Look at what you did! You had the gumption and ability to take one word in my post, and change it, so that the entire meaning of what I wrote change. You are a smart, smart, smart little boy. You really are! Wow, I am so impressed!

Do you have any brain teasers you want to throw our way while you're showing off your mental fortitude? Maybe a riddle or two? Or perhaps a trick question? You are *amazing!*

And look at how you fixed my comment! It needed fixing, too! It was a perfectly worded statement that had a perfectly logical meaning to it...but you went and made it have another meaning to it through your fixing! What will you do for an encore? You could fix my light bulb so that it plays the radio! Or you could fix our heater, and let it dish out ice cream on a cone! You're GreyDog's own little Mr. Fix-It, you are!

What a wonderful little helper you are! You are such a delight!

Looking forward to the information that Arlie will be providing. I bought BBCF on release but just am not that into College football, but wanted to support the developer. Also plan to use it once we get the pro version to create the draft classes and such.

Well aren't you a clever, clever person! Look at what you did! You had the gumption and ability to take one word in my post, and change it, so that the entire meaning of what I wrote change. You are a smart, smart, smart little boy. You really are! Wow, I am so impressed!

Do you have any brain teasers you want to throw our way while you're showing off your mental fortitude? Maybe a riddle or two? Or perhaps a trick question? You are *amazing!*

And look at how you fixed my comment! It needed fixing, too! It was a perfectly worded statement that had a perfectly logical meaning to it...but you went and made it have another meaning to it through your fixing! What will you do for an encore? You could fix my light bulb so that it plays the radio! Or you could fix our heater, and let it dish out ice cream on a cone! You're GreyDog's own little Mr. Fix-It, you are!

What a wonderful little helper you are! You are such a delight!

BUST!!!

Thank you, Brother Comey. I do so hate this little web gag. I've seen it since my RSPW days and I've never failed to be annoyed by it. You said what you meant. Something like this is cute and clever once or twice. But as often as it happens around the net it's just bad manners. Sadly because of the anonymity manners and Internet postings seem to be mutually exclusive.

On a more relevant note to the board, I'm really pumped for the developer's journal to pick up steam. It may not move at the pace Brother Ryland's does for TEW 08. But I'm confident Arlie will have some good stuff for us and I really hope to be near the head of the line when the game hits.

I'm really glad this game is getting underway. Football is by far my favorite sport (besides ice hockey, maybe GDS can get one in the works? ;)).

I have played every GDS game someway shape or form. I loved BBCF and the way it played out. I had played quite a few seasons. I was a fan of NFL Head Coach on the PC because you could do practices, create plays, and do everything a coach does - I love how in-depth it was and how it was realistic.

Hopefully BBPF can give to me that same type of feeling. :D

• 4 weeks later...

TPF and The Pro Game

I am interested in finding the mods for real teams and rosters that were on the old 400 software site .... had a hard drive crash and got the game back but not the mods ....

Also the new game should come with Roster mods or a tie in to to a data base to get current and/or past rosters ...... then as the years advance you can add in the draft classes from the College game ----- Gridiron Glory, CFL, ACFA ......

Any help in finding the OLD mods from TPF ....

Thank you in advance.

gw

• 4 weeks later...

It's great to hear that work is in progress on BBPF. I was fortunate enough to purchase TPF and I dust it off every now and again when the season is coming around.

I think being able to import draft classes from BBCF is a fantastic idea. I plan on purchasing BBCF soon and i think it'll be great to play a college season then import the draft class and play the pro season.

There haven't been many great NFL sims over the years and us guys in the UK have had a hard time getting our hands on them too so i'm excited about the prospect of BBPF.

One thing I did find clunky in TPF was trades and trying to trade up or down in the draft. I don't know if this is something that will be looked at in the development of BBPF but the ability to put one of your guys in a trade block and receive offers from other teams would be great rather than having to scroll through all the teams trying to come up with the best offer.

I don't think that's possible in TPF and would be a good addition, as would receiving enquiries from other teams about players. The only time I can remember being approached by other teams is when they wanted to trade up during the draft.

I don't want to break any forum rules and obviously i can't take any responsibility for the content but i did stumble across the following web page for those people looking for TPF mods - http://blindsideblitz.com/index.php?page=totalpro (please remove the link if it is against forum rules etc.)

It lists helmets and facepacks so hopefully the links still work and they can be of use to people. I did download a facepack and roster for TPF some years pack and if i still have the zip file and again if I arent breaking any rules and someone talks me through the process I'll try and post it up, if i can find it.

EDIT: Also starting the game immediately after the Superbowl in the offseason would be great. So that you can hire and fire, set budgets and shape your team through FA and the draft rather than having to wait a season to do it. Recruiting is one of the most exciting parts of the game. :)

• 1 month later...