Note from the developer

First, thanks for your interest in the pro game. I'm setting up this forum to start collecting ideas (in addition to my design) to use with the upcoming Bowl Bound Pro Football (BBPF) game.

Next, the game is still early in development and I will start providing a "developer's journal" once I get a little further. In the mean time, keep those ideas coming!

Thanks,

Arlie

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
The one request I would have is be able to save histories. Player histories and stats, team histories and stats, player and team records, hall of fame, etc. Especially, and most importantly, being able to look up that data and recall it well after a player has retired. One of the great joys of FOF is looking back over a 50 year career league and seeing the all-time greats for your team and comparing them against each other.

The one request I would have is be able to save histories. Player histories and stats, team histories and stats, player and team records, hall of fame, etc. Especially, and most importantly, being able to look up that data and recall it well after a player has retired. One of the great joys of FOF is looking back over a 50 year career league and seeing the all-time greats for your team and comparing them against each other.

I'm guessing since BBCF has this feature, the pro game will as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Will there be a facility for running amateur teams or something like that? For instance our british league (http://www.bafl.org.uk) is a national league with divisions, playoffs and bowl games - but it's amateur so it never gets recognised.

I realise this would be a fictional game but if you would like to cover a british scene or offer it as something like that I'd be happy to come on board as a researcher ;)

• 5 weeks later...
Well, we're 10 days past year 1 of Arlie's post in this thread.....

375 days if anyone is counting

Let me answer like everyother robot on this forum would......

Come on dude give the guy a break, dont you know he is doing this all by himself and he has a family and job? Stop busting his balls how can anyone expect him to update his "developer's journal" more than EVERYOTHER YEAR when he has a real life??

Geez just sit back and cool out I am sure by the time you retire you have your game :eek:

Robot??? C'mon thats pretty prickish of you...Arlie has earned respect by making a great game and giving great support throughout. That's why people are defending the time he's taking to make the pro game. So, go out and make your own pro game, make it capable of importing BBCF draft classes...otherwise you have no right to criticize Arlie for his efforts.

And you got another typical reply from jlemmen43 "go out and make your own game". This board is awesome! j/j :D

To be honest, not long ago Arlie said that he and Brian Nichols would try to update the info about their games... still waiting. As many others I will appreciate any response from the developers.

Now come on guys! Let's not hurry Arlie. After all, he does have a wife

and a child to deal with. It's not like other game develepers have families

or other jobs to deal with. So let's just give him a break. The game will be

done when it's done. It's only been a year. If we don't like it, we can always

make our own game.:rolleyes:

I understand that life happens so it may be hard to provide updates periodically but no update in more than a year? Come on!

Development on this game is most likely dead.... :(

This thread should be shut down with an announcement that this is not going to happen. Oh well back over to the OOTP and Wolverine Studios boards.

I understand that life happens so it may be hard to provide updates periodically but no update in more than a year? Come on!

Development on this game is most likely dead.... :(

This thread should be shut down with an announcement that this is not going to happen. Oh well back over to the OOTP and Wolverine Studios boards.

I agree.

I agree with the 2 previous posters.

Every couple of days I've been checking this forum for an update, at this point I don't care about a real update though. I don't care if the game is still a year or two away, I just want to know if the game is still being made.

I don't think that's asking for too much. Please Arlie, let us know if we're wasting our time.:confused:

Don't worry guys, Arlie is still alive and well and is indeed working on the game. Just slowly, that's all.

Using the word "slowly" to describe the pace of this game's development, heck even the pace of updates from the developer, means assigning way too much speed to both processes. There must be another word.