You know you've played TEW too much when...

[QUOTE=panix04;191018]...when you have to log on to the gds boards every 5 minutes 'cos real life just aint as exciting anymore (i know Remianen knows what im getting at!)...[/QUOTE] I DO NOT! How dare you attempt to besmirch my name! I'll have you know that I only post from work.....and home.....and on the laptop on the way to work or home. That's not THAT much! *pouts* :p

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Remianen;191024]I DO NOT! How dare you attempt to besmirch my name! I'll have you know that I only post from work.....and home.....and on the laptop on the way to work or home. That's not THAT much! *pouts* :p[/QUOTE] do you ever wake up to find you fell asleep mid-post? cos your up posting at an insane hour of the nig....................ZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I don't sleep much (maybe 8-12 hours a week), never have. I'm also often at the office at insane hours (riding the subway at 3am in NYC is......interesting :p). Got a new one though. - You spontaneously shout expletives when a match/show rates lower than you expected (bad chemistry)....in the worst possible places. Barnes & Noble Cafe, airport lounges, Starbucks, subway/underground/tube, etc. Just imagine some dude hunkered over a laptop just all of a sudden shouting, "F---!" for no discernible reason. :)

[quote=Sensai of Mattitude;191031]When you've already planned out the next three years worth of Rip Chord Invitational winners.[/quote] I do this with my big rumble match and have the Main Event for my big PPV that happens once a year all planned out and set to go...three years in advance. I plan out big things years in advance. Also, just to add to the original few posts...when Joy DeWitt joined the wrestling world, it was love at first sight for her and I. ;)

The couple that so fit for me are... 1) When at work reading dynasties... (working right now) 2) When you write down matches for your card in your notebook at work. 3) When you are putting off time for friends and family to work on your mod. 4) When you are thinking about booking decisions while getting ready for work or school. (I do this all of the time even during romantic moments)

[quote]When you wake up in the morning and start plotting out how you are going to book the shows while you get ready for work.... and then while you are at work... When you keep putting off going to bed, booking cards continuously: "I'll go to bed after I book and run this card." (complete, then get to next show) "I'll go to bed after I book and run THIS card." (complete, then go to next show). Repeat ad nauseum, until it's 3 or 4 in the morning. when you hear the name of a wrestling fed and have to stop to think whether its a cornellverse fed or a real life fed... when Adam Ryland is on 1st name terms with you... waking up to find you fell asleep mid-post You spontaneously shout expletives when a match/show rates lower than you expected[/quote] Guilty of all the above!! Shouting expletives when someone steals a worker i'd destined for a big push is another one. :D At least I haven't called in sick because I wanted to run my next PPV yet.... errrrrr.... :o

I have two... ... when, instead of taking notes during a training session at work, you're writing up ideas for a mod you want to start soon. ... when you see something on TV about "kids dominating their parents" (an ad for some reality show) and you think, "I wouldn't set the Dominate note for that..." I did both of those today. (Not to mention making a quick excursion to the TEW forums during work, despite the fact that I can, theoretically, be fired for using work Internet for non-work uses. I just started there earlier this week so I have no idea how much they enforce that.)

When you try to turn the monitor off and "start cleaning the room" when your girlfriend walks as a pitiful attempt to hide the fact that you've been playing TEW all day. (which you and she both know is in fact what you've been doing) :D Or how about when you see a cool ride or a hot chick you find yourself giving them Letter grades. "Man, i give her looks a B+"!

• 4 weeks later...
... when you're watching RAW and wondering why the hell Edge is still there, because he jumped ship to WCW the other day. (Check my dynasty for details, but I actually thought that for a second this week.) ... when someone asks who won the Royal Rumble, and you almost say 'Samoa Joe' (he won in my latest real-world game)

....when you get emotionally involved in a romance storyline ....when you see the actual promotion in real life and you get confused and tell yourself.... "That guys not the champ!" ....when you base your knowledge of an actaul worker based on his TEW bio. ....when you have a notebook based entirely around the shows your gunna book months ahead. ...when you picture yourself shouting at a worker for arriving late. ....when you grieve the death of one of your workers only to be confused when you see him on RAW the next week.

... when you question why Joey Minnesota hasn't been signed by WWE yet and actually think about what he should do instead and then realising that he must just be a loyal guy... What's wrong with that? Why are you looking at me like that?

[QUOTE=ccgmacc69;191588]When you try to turn the monitor off and "start cleaning the room" when your girlfriend walks as a pitiful attempt to hide the fact that you've been playing TEW all day. (which you and she both know is in fact what you've been doing) :D[/QUOTE] You have described just about every Saturday of mine for the past year! Or my other favourite, the token Gesture of washing the dish's so when the missus comes back from shopping with her mother to find you still in your boxer shorts surrounded by empty Coke cans and the Pizza box from last night playing TEW (pretty much how she left you) she won't get mad!

[QUOTE=panix04;202355]You have described just about every Saturday of mine for the past year! Or my other favourite, the token Gesture of washing the dish's so when the missus comes back from shopping with her mother to find you still in your boxer shorts surrounded by empty Coke cans and the Pizza box from last night playing TEW (pretty much how she left you) she won't get mad![/QUOTE] Whew!! I aint the only one!

When you're editing and it gets to 1.00am and you start to weigh up whether you work better at night or in the morning, to maximise editing ability and decide to just keep going until you fall asleep. Then are woken up by your work alarm that you forgot to turn off on a Saturday after only an hours sleep and you convince yourself that you can edit and proceed to add in 3 workers who are the same person, but put them in as their various gimmicked names. or Watching ROH and wondering if Tommy Cornell might do a surprise run-in!

Archived