Does anyone ever play this game anymore?

Guest .SVA

Guest .SVA
Just wondering as after the realease of TEW2007, it seems as if both the dynasty part of WreSpi2 and the discussion have all quited down and.. died. So yeah, does people even play this game anymore? I recently began gaming alot; just started a career with Chance Fortune and I'm actually winning matches, a feat that until now had been impossible for me with that game.

After not playing for a few weeks, I am back with a vengence. I put in the DOTT mod -- I am amazed at how much detail and research went into it. I am playing a career game with a vanity character (Wallbanger Jones) and just signed my first extensions with Central States, CWA and Mid-South. I am 39-87 overall (7-13 in Central States, 14-33 in CWA, and 18-41 in Mid South) as of Christmas '83. I have managed to win the Louisana State championship 7 times (I can win it, but can't defend it for crap -- I have only defended it successfully 3 times!), trading it with Lord Humongous 5 times and Crusher Darsow twice since August '83. More recently as my skill investments are building up, I have traded the CWA Mid-America strap with Rick Rude twice, and even picked up the Central States TV belt from Ray Hernandez (and even successfully defended it!).

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE=D. Boon's Ghost;235705]It's a fun little game - and one I still play on occasion. It's actually one of the main reasons I put a Windows partition on this iMac of mine. Still... like deadman, I find it somewhat disappointing knowing WS will never reach its potential. It's too bad.[/QUOTE] I'm thinking an MMA version of this would catch on better.. and probably have all the same elements of fun to it. I've never played this but a few times, but what I didn't like about it, was.... Well, was I in a wrestling world, or Was I trying out for the olympics? It comes accross as a sort of written version of Smackdown vs Raw, where you don't have controll over who is going to win untill your good enough (know the right combo's and such). You don't take losing on purpose, etc. So I think the MMA Way he's going with the data is bassically good for THIS idea. I actually think this would work better for WMMA then a dataset-up like TEW... That's just my opinion though.

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;239838]I actually think this would work better for WMMA then a dataset-up like TEW... That's just my opinion though.[/QUOTE] I have to disagree. Thinking about it, in wrestling there's a huge variety of moves open to you while you're on the offence or performing a counter, but it MMA it's much smaller, with only kicks, punches, grapples and throws (and depending on the situation you're in, you may only have two or three options available to you at one time. Considering the fact that Wrestling Spirit never had a high amount of replayability, I think an MMA game based on the same concept would lack it even more. Besides, I'm really hyped for how WMMA is going to be set out. Since we're not actually deciding the winners like you do in TEW, it will be full of surprises, and we'll actually be able to have favorites and root for them like we would in real life (rather than just focusing on yourself for the most part like it would be if it were set up like WreSpi).

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;239838]I'm thinking an MMA version of this would catch on better.. and probably have all the same elements of fun to it. I've never played this but a few times, but what I didn't like about it, was.... Well, was I in a wrestling world, or Was I trying out for the olympics? It comes accross as a sort of written version of Smackdown vs Raw, where you don't have controll over who is going to win untill your good enough (know the right combo's and such). You don't take losing on purpose, etc. So I think the MMA Way he's going with the data is bassically good for THIS idea. I actually think this would work better for WMMA then a dataset-up like TEW... That's just my opinion though.[/QUOTE] I agree 200%! I was just about to post exactly that thought myself! I quite likes WSPI2, never fullfiled it s potential. But i think a new version based upon the WMMA game would be fantastic!

[QUOTE=Jonfun;241895]Should make a new version. There is so much potential for this game. If not the match engine could get put into TEW 08. Then you can use it for your user character.[/QUOTE] A TEW/Wrespi hybrid would be pure awesomeness!:D

Archived