Benoit Dead

TheEdgeOfReason

[QUOTE=TheEdgeOfReason;250200]Personally if this is true they should cancel RAW in my opinion. Just run a Benoit's greatest matches compilation or something.[/QUOTE] Nah, they did a tribute show for Owen Hart, they did one for Eddie Guerrero, and I think (the latter at least, since I never saw Owen's) was really effective. They gave superstars the option of whether to wrestle or not, and the chance to pay tribute. I'm wondering whether they're going to keep a storyline element to Raw or not. On all of the news sites 'major' spoilers are reported (that I haven't read) so I'm wondering what's gonna be happening, and whether the Vince McMahon angle will continue.

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=TheEdgeOfReason;250200]Personally if this is true they should cancel RAW in my opinion. Just run a Benoit's greatest matches compilation or something.[/QUOTE] Where to start at though,even just highlights of his greatest matches would run well over two hours though.:(

Guest The Aussie
Cancel Smackdown, Raw & ECW and just detail his career over the years wit hsome of his best matches.

RAW is gonna be a three hour tribute show now, all plans have been scrapped. I think the McMahon storyline needs to be over. Sherri Martel was one thing, but now with Benoit, Woman, and their kid dead, the thing needs to end. Vince needs to break kayfabe and be standing out front with everyone else when RAW kicks off tonight. Entertainment, business, hell there's a time and place for all of it, but sometimes you just have to stand up and be a man, and that's the only thing they can do with RAW and that storyline tonight.

[QUOTE=panix04;250218]surely continuing the McMahon angle now would be very, very crass and tasteless? I fully expect that Vince himself will appear on tonights RAW and pay tribute to Benoit. I think its the right thing to do.[/QUOTE] I wouldnt hold my breath. The show must go on. I'm sure the angle will be downsized considerably, but I douibt Vince will just pop out from nowhere and tell the fans to forget what was just force fed to us.

I'm not aware if it's a sick joke or something true (it IS wikipedia, and thus I have no idea of it being legitimate, but nevetheless)... [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Benoit#Death_Angle[/url] [QUOTE]Death Angle On June 25th the WWE announced Benoit and his family to be dead, but it has been confirmed this is part of the 'murder' storyline that has also taken Mr. McMahon's "life".[/QUOTE] God, I really, really just hope that this is true, but [i]nobody[/i] is tasteless enough to think that an announcement like that is acceptable, right?

[url]http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/fullnews2.php?all=1416[/url] TNA MOURNS THE LOSS OF CHRIS BENOIT Everyone in the TNA family joins the entire wrestling world in mourning the untimely passing of Chris Benoit, his wife Nancy and their son. Many TNA staff and stars worked closely with Chris throughout his career and we are all shocked and saddened to lose a friend and legendary competitor. Benoit was considered a consummate professional both in and out of the ring. As details develop, those who knew and admired Chris are shocked and saddened to hear of he and his family's untimely passing. Please keep Chris and the Benoit family in your thoughts and prayers during this time of tragedy.

its on all the gossip sites now. None of them have claimed its a work. I guess there would be no speculation had it not have been for the mcmahon angle. I fear that that angle is just giving us all false hope. I truly feel distraught, im just purely gutted. I should probably go to bed, or watch a bit of TV or something, but i just cant bring myself to do it. The guy was a legend pure and simple and i can't believe he's gone.

First, wow damn shocked, and secondly I don't like the look at this at all because it's not 'just' some wrestler found dead in his hotel room or what. Benoit leaved the house show loop and missed Vengeance to fly back Georgia for family emergency, and then you learn there are 3 dead people in his residence, it's very ... weird, looks like it might be something more 'criminal' than simply suicide or drug abuse, which is totally crazy given what happened over the last 2 weeks in WWE programming with the whole Vince angle and then the who did it tease... Raw will be Benoit memorial show, I just really hope they would drop the Vince angle at all, and Vince better be here from the bell ringing at the start of the show, screw USA because they want more soap to get ratings, just pay tribute to the guy R.I.P Chris 'Rabid Wolverine' Benoit Edit: I really don't think it's a work, although USA would love to bring in Grissom to help ratings I guess (C.S.I style), since many online sites reported the news even before WWE.com related this, and even if we talk of WWE, I don't think they're THAT tasteless

We'll see how the WWE hanldles it tonight. If They play this off like they did with Vince, then this may be an awful joke. It just seems too convinient that he would call out of his match on Sunday for family reasons and be dead WITH his family today. But in all realness, I think I'm just looking for a reason to doubt this. But if its true and this is all fake, I'm done with the WWE.

[QUOTE=SadisticBlessings;250224]I'm not aware if it's a sick joke or something true (it IS wikipedia, and thus I have no idea of it being legitimate, but nevetheless)... [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Benoit#Death_Angle[/url] God, I really, really just hope that this is true, but [i]nobody[/i] is tasteless enough to think that an announcement like that is acceptable, right?[/QUOTE] I really hope you're right!

PWTorch.com is reporting that they've confirmed this is NOT a work. Good Lord, this is horrific news. My heart goes out to the rest of both he and Nancy's families and all of their friends. RAW should go on tonight, as the wrestlers need a constructive way to get out their grief.

Archived