Benoit Dead

TheEdgeOfReason

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=jeven3176;250393]Someone posted this on another message board thought I'd pass it along to you guys. Not trying to start anything speculation just posting what I've seen... -Oh wow...Just got finish watching Fox 5 news in Atlanta updated report. Investigators truly believe that this was a murder suicide case based off the evidence that was gathered. They believe Benoit killed his wife and son a couple of days ago, then returned home and took his own life yesterday. Benoit was found in his weight room. His wife was in the master bedroom and the son was his bedroom.-[/QUOTE] That's the official word now - they just reported it on FNC as well. Once the major networks start reporting something, you can give it a little more weight than what the dirt sheet tards have to say. wow this sucks....

More news [quote] More information continues to come in regarding the death of Chris Benoit. - Benoit's last known contact with WWE was on Saturday. He told the company that he was flying home to Atlanta due to an illness in his family. - WWE's Gregory Helms posted the following message on his MySpace page. Monday, June 25, 2007 To my friend Chris Benoit R.I.P. I was sitting here at my computer when I got a call informing me of the death of Chris Benoit and his family. Other than saying that my thoughts go out to to his remaining family, I don't know what to say. Chris had just called me on Thursday to check on me as he has every week since my surgery and now days later I find out that he's gone. He was my friend. This hurts! This f**ing sucks!!!! Rest in peace my friend! Love you![/quote] About WWE calling the police, Im sure Ive put up that they phoned them earlier today as they were worried when they couldnt get hold of Benoit

[QUOTE=still71;250403]That's the official word now - they just reported it on FNC as well. Once the major networks start reporting something, you can give it a little more weight than what the dirt sheet tards have to say. wow this sucks....[/QUOTE] Oh My God! If this turns out to be true then it is quite sickening...

Not trying to speculate but just trying to make sense of this myself. I wonder if it is at all possible that Benoit did in fact leave for a family emergency due to the illness. Since there are reports of an illness, maybe Nancy and Daniel died sometime Saturday or Sunday and perhaps Benoit took his own life shortly thereafter. While some speculations could be true, it's hard for me to believe them, or maybe I simply don't want to believe them.

I've heard it was a gas leak. Its still just a rumour though. [QUOTE]Peter Hilton I think the most ominous thing is that apparently the people at the WWE KNEW something was up and they called the police. It could be anything, but its hard to imagine that this isn't a murder-suicide. I hope to god it isn't.[/QUOTE] Benoit would be in contact with them about how his situation was or details for his return. The alarm could have been raised if he failed to do so or if he was unable to be contacted.

[B]AP Report[/B] Pro wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife and 7-year-old son were found slain Monday at their Fayetteville home, authorities said. [B]Detective Bo Turner told television station WAGA that the case was being investigated as a murder-suicide, but said that could not be confirmed until the evidence was examined by a crime lab.[/B] Benoit, a native of Canada, was a former world heavyweight champion, Intercontinental champion and held several tag-team titles over his career. "WWE extends its sincerest thoughts and prayers to the Benoit family's relatives and loved ones in this time of tragedy," the federation said in a statement on its Web site. Benoit was scheduled to perform at the "Vengeance" pay-per-view event Sunday night in Houston, but was replaced at the last minute because of what announcer Jim Ross called "personal reasons." Benoit maintained a home in metro Atlanta from the time he wrestled for the defunct World Championship Wrestling. The WWE canceled its live "Monday Night RAW" card in Corpus Christi, Texas, and USA Network aired a three-hour tribute to Benoit in place of the scheduled wrestling telecast. Benoit's wife managed several wrestlers and went by the stage name, "Woman," The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported on its Web site. They met when her then-husband drew up a script that had them involved in a relationship as part of an ongoing storyline on World Championship Wrestling, the newspaper said. Benoit has two other children from a prior relationship. The federal-style house is in a secluded neighborhood set back about 60 yards off a gravel road, surrounded by stacked stone wall and double-iron gate. Monday night, the house was dark except for a few outside lights. There was a police car in front, and two uniformed officers. [B]WAGA reported that investigators believe Benoit killed his wife and son over the weekend, and then himself sometime Monday. A concerned neighbor called police. The bodies were found in three different rooms.[/B] The lead investigator, Sheriff's Lt. Tommy Pope, told The Associated Press that the deaths were being investigated as homicide, and said the cause of death awaited autopsy results on Tuesday. Pope said the three were found about 2:30 p.m., but he would release no other details about the deaths at the house in a subdivision near White Water Country Club. World Wrestling Entertainment said on its Web site that Benoit, 40, his wife, Nancy, and son, who was named Daniel, were found dead, but also had no other details.

Remember when Anna Nicole died they immediaetly suspected she was murdered and it was so many things that it wasnt other than her accidentally ODing.... well I think/hope this is just one of those times. I dont wanna think of Benoit as a possible murderer.

[QUOTE=MightyDavidson;250424]How nice of FOXNews to report the article, and spin it to make Benoit look guilty. :mad: I guess journalistic ethics is optional when being employed by FOX.[/QUOTE] THAT IS WHAT THE INVESTIGATORS ARE TELLING THEM!!! If Benoit did in fact MURDER his seven year old son...then I hope he burns in hell!

[QUOTE=AfRoMaN36;250419]Remember when Anna Nicole died they immediaetly suspected she was murdered and it was so many things that it wasnt other than her accidentally ODing.... well I think/hope this is just one of those times. I dont wanna think of Benoit as a possible murderer.[/QUOTE] Of course whatever really happened, thanks to the folks at FOXNews people will belive that to be so. :mad: Disgusting yellow journalism of the worst sort that is, makes me sick to my stomach.

[QUOTE=PeterHilton;250432]FOX is just reporting hat the local new station has reported. I'm sure that in the next few days the police will issue an official statement. Probably after the coroner's report.[/QUOTE] My understanding is that the autopsy report will be completed tommorrow.

[QUOTE=MightyDavidson;250424]How nice of FOXNews to report the article, and spin it to make Benoit look guilty. :mad: I guess journalistic ethics is optional when being employed by FOX.[/QUOTE] I'd go a little easy on the anger. I'd prefer that the story be reported by a credible source too, but if you keep posting with this tone there's a good chance that moderator action could be taken. Might want to cool off for a little bit or something.

[QUOTE=MightyDavidson;250426]Of course whatever really happened, thanks to the folks at FOXNews people will belive that to be so. :mad: Disgusting yellow journalism of the worst sort that is, makes me sick to my stomach.[/QUOTE] what the hell does that have to do with anything? You're opinion of a news station matters jack **** to the facts of the case that EVERY real news organization is reporting...

[quote=MightyDavidson;250424]How nice of FOXNews to report the article, and spin it to make Benoit look guilty. :mad: I guess journalistic ethics is optional when being employed by FOX.[/quote] Dude, it's a wire story -- AP to be precise. And wwe.com is now saying the same thing. So take your "right-wing tool Fox News" crap and shove it where the sun don't shine.

[QUOTE=BIGJOSH;250433]My understanding is that the autopsy report will be completed tommorrow.[/QUOTE] Good to hear. I'm sure they will have a much clearer idea after that. Actually, from the ABC report: [QUOTE]An autopsy has been scheduled for Tuesday morning at 10 a.m. However, it could be weeks before there is a result. [/QUOTE]

Archived