Benoit Dead

TheEdgeOfReason

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i have to go to bed now. I am screwey after staying up till 4am to watch the PPV, can somebody pm me any news please, im not really fussed who, i just really wanna know as soon as i wake up. I would really appreciate it guys. Cheers.

Oh my god; I truly don't know what to say. I used to tune into Monday Nitro when I was in New Zealand to watch Chris Benoit, the luchadores, the likes of Guerrero, Bret Hart, Sting... but Benoit was awesome. I really felt he was on the cusp of going big time there, except for some reason The Four Horsemen reunion angle was schmozed real bad real quick. I posted here not long ago about Goldberg, about the perfect way for him to lose his streak would to be defeated by Chris Benoit, in a 2 out of 3 falls match... a 40 minute match, highlighting Benoit's desire, his tenacity, his excellence in submission wrestling. It'd be perfect, he'd get so over off it, Goldberg wouldn't be tainted too much because of how good Benoit was in the match and how Goldberg kept coming back, and then you could build a great angle off it. And, you'd be able to start to mix in the other vanilla midgets into the main event because they would click, and Benoit would sell as opposed to Hulk Hogan. I honestly believe that the four biggest blunders in WCW were A: Starrcade '97's main event, should have been a clean and dominant win to Stinger B: Playing Bret Hart as a lackey heel when he was most over face at the time following Montreal C: NOT dropping Goldberg's streak to Benoit as aforementioned D: NOT building on the Four Horsemen, after Hennig slammed Flair's head into the cage Benoit SHOULD have been made the leader of the Horsemen in Ric Flair's honour, and they SHOULD have targetted, divided and destroyed the nWo in true, animalistic, tactical Horsemen style. As I write this, I still honestly cannot believe it. Given all his family have gone with him, it has to be foul play. Benoit came across as clean cut. He was excellent in ring of course, but he seemed genuine as well. God.. why? Rest in Peace Benoit. Oh, and if this is a work, which I really doubt it is, WWE can go to hell.

[QUOTE=SadisticBlessings;250242]No, this is definitely real. It seems Atlanta news is reporting it, and in addition that wikipedia article has already been changed. It now confirms that this is [i]not[/i] a wrestling angle. Tragedy doesn't even begin to describe this. :([/QUOTE] First, do not believe Wikipedia as it's constantly vandilized. Second, regardless just pay tribute to Benoit. Great wrestler. Will be missed. :(

Guest The Aussie
R.I.P Chris Benoit. A true legend of wrestling and amongst the greatest to step through those ropes.

[QUOTE=AfRoMaN36;250231]We'll see how the WWE hanldles it tonight. If They play this off like they did with Vince, then this may be an awful joke. It just seems too convinient that he would call out of his match on Sunday for family reasons and be dead WITH his family today. But in all realness, I think I'm just looking for a reason to doubt this. But if its true and this is all fake, I'm done with the WWE.[/QUOTE] to me the whole thing with him "rushing home" on Sat. to attend to a family emergency makes what I'm thinking happened in this situation all the more realistic. I really hope it's something different than what I'm thinking happened, but it's all really making sense... There is absolutely no reason for this to be a work. What would the WWE gain by half the roster faking their own deaths? The Vince angle is one thing, but I think it's now got a lot of people doubting reality...

Looking At The Passing Of Chris Benoit It's no secret to anyone who reads this site that by the time that the early 1990s had come around, I wasn't the biggest fan in the world of the product that the WWF and WCW were producing and I turned to the Japanese tape trading market to get my fix of hot wrestling action. I still vividly remember, just like it was yesterday, seeing this amazing young Junior Heavyweight in a mask named The Pegasus Kid and telling myself I needed to see more this amazing young wrestler. Of course, we later got to know him as Chris Benoit. Seeing him wrestle just once I immediately knew that I had to get my hands on any tape that had any matches featuring this amazing, flying technician on it. I even pointed my 10 foot satellite dish southward to Mexico in hopes of catching him on any broadcast where he appeared while he was in between tours of Japan. Seeing someone like him do his fantastic reassured me that the wrestling business, despite not being in the best of shape here in the US, was certainly alive and well outside our borders. In a lot of ways, seeing guys like him do what they do kept my faith in and hope for the business alive. Later he came to ECW, his first real exposure in the US as a big time star. He had worked for WCW before, but in ECW he was presented as what he had become, one of the best wrestlers in the world. I still remember the night of the first ECW fan convention in 1995 at The Flagstaff in Jim Thorpe, PA where, with a wink, he made reference to the ring to a bunch of "Internet F***heads", only to be mildly surprised when calling the group that actually got a pop. It was a changing time in the US wrestling business and Benoit was a central figure in it. He left ECW and went to WCW on one of the first big money deals that guys his size would have never gotten before. He later left WCW, with his Radicals brethren, for the WWF when the group decided that they would rather walk away from big money deals in Atlanta where they may be booked poorly to try their hand up in Stamford. They literally put their money where their mouth was. Once there, he did something most people in and around the business never thought would happen, he tasted championship gold. Through it all, Chris Benoit was, in addition to being an amazing worker, truly a revolutionary force in the business. Today, far before his time, this fine man and incredible professional wrestler, as well as his family, are dead. Honestly, I don't know what to say. I am truly numb right now. I have all the same questions that all of you do. What happened? How could it have happened? Jesus, how the hell could this happen? In the coming hours and days, we will find all of that out. But right now, I am numb. And sad. And just absolutely shocked at the news. A husband, father and son is dead, as is his family. We can wonder how it happened and try to make sense of it, but in the end it's fruitless. Four people have died well before their time and it just shouldn't have happened. Whatever the reason is, it's a senseless tragedy. Tonight on Raw, a stunned group of people in WWE will pay tribute to the man and his legacy. We will all respect that and show our appreciation for the man. I still can't believe that we have to though. This has truly left me numb. I am sorry if this came across as rambling but I just don't know what else to say. Rest in peace Chris and family. If you can hear us, know you will be missed because you most certainly will be. PWInsider- Dave Scherer

Finally found a local news link... [url]http://www.myatltv.com/news/article_news.aspx?storyid=99172[/url] That said, it's not really any more informative than the wwe.com piece. EDIT: And another... [url]http://www.wsbtv.com/news/13567642/detail.html[/url]

[QUOTE=AfRoMaN36;250259]Whoever did this is going to die...[/QUOTE] Jeez, grow up! Yes, folks are sad this happened and if foul play is involved, it makes it even worse. But throwing around empty threats isn't impressing anybody and just makes you look foolish. Remember the man (and Woman) for what they were, and who they inspired. It'll probably help more than posturing, I think.

I'm absolutely shocked and gutted at the same time. The circumstances make this worse... I just really hope that when more light is shed on this, it doesn't take the more sinister turn as some of these scenarios can. RIP Chris Benoit. Another legend lost.

[QUOTE=sebsplex;250267]I'm absolutely shocked and gutted at the same time. The circumstances make this worse... I just really hope that when more light is shed on this, it doesn't take the more sinister turn as some of these scenarios can. RIP Chris Benoit. Another legend lost.[/QUOTE] Totally the same here, I'm shocked and the circumstances make things even worse, because well, u know, a man, wife and son found dead home, you instantly think 'WTF happened in this place'... Anyway, time will tell, and just RIP Benoit and family

[QUOTE=Remianen;250266]Jeez, grow up! Yes, folks are sad this happened and if foul play is involved, it makes it even worse. But throwing around empty threats isn't impressing anybody and just makes you look foolish. Remember the man (and Woman) for what they were, and who they inspired. It'll probably help more than posturing, I think.[/QUOTE] I dont need to start a lame text war right now and I dont even know why I respond to this. It was clear that I wasnt gunna go after and kill whomever did this. Im just angry right now and in a state of disbelief. I dont need you to say something that was obvious yet everyone else was smart enough to not call me out on.

Of all the things I was anticipating reading coming to these forums, this headline definitely was not one of them. I'm absolutely shell shocked right now...my favorite current in-ring performer... I'm crying right now...I didn't know the guy, and I'm acting like a family member or dear friend died...Damn...RIP Chris.

Archived