Benoit Dead

TheEdgeOfReason

[QUOTE=Jonfun;250264]I wonder if HHH will be on air tonight and Bret Hart.[/QUOTE] TBH, I really hope a lot of Benoit's colleagues from the past and friends are on there... Malenko, Saturn and the like spring to mind straight off the top of my head. He was a dungeon boy wasn't he, so it'd be fitting to have Bret Hart talk as well.

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is awful. And lile a lot of what you all said, I can only pray that ...I don't really have the words...normally when a family dies together like this it's under the worst imaginable circumstances. As tragic as this is already, it would only make it that much worse if things ended up going that route.

I am completely speechless. I know that along with alot of you that admired his inring skills, I have this empty sick feeling down deep inside. He was one of my all time favorites. Nothing I can type will do him or how I feel justice. You will be missed. RIP Chris, Woman, and Daniel.

WTF!?!?!?! I just went down to see Raw, missing the first 5 mins and there was an advert break. Next thing, Benoit is on, with a caption at the bottom saying "Remembering Chris, Daniel and Nancy" Im in MAJOR shock now. I cant believe Benoit is gone, no way would I have ever thought he would be one of the unfortunate few this year. Im gonna go watch the rest of the tribute show. R.I.P Chris, Daniel and Nancy, you'll all be hugely missed. I was wondering why I couldnt access 411, obv their servers gone down.

Bless his family, I wonder what happened? I read that he left the ppv last night for personal reasons according to the websites, but shocked is not the word that I saw when Vince came on live to an empty arena and scrapped the storyline.. due to this tragedy.. RIP

Vince truly showed that he is, indeed, human and that his onscreen personna is just that; an act. Kudos to you Vince for how you handled this. I don't see how Malenko and those friends not in the WWE can be here as this was discovered a matter of hours ago. I'm not even sure the performers will be on camera. I'm sure they're in shock. By all accounts, he was one of, if not the, best liked wrestler in the company.

I feel so sick right now. I was walking my dog, getting ready to come back and play TEW. I walk into the house and my wife tells me that Beniot AND his family were found dead. I just feel so sick. One of the greatest of all time was lost tonight. I hope they find the son of a bitch that did this and hang him. I may be jumping the gun though since we dont know what has happened yet. But if someone did do this he (or she) needs to be brought to justice and held responsible for his actions. RIP Chris and family. You were loved and you will be missed. Im sorry if my post offended anyone, I am just very emotional right now.

I know we've all said our rest in peace to Benoit and watching RAW I'd like to comment about a Benoit match that will always stick out in my mind. It's actually the only match I can really remember from WCW. It was pretty soon after Owen Hart died and it was at a PPV which I can't remember. Benoit was facing off against Bret Hart for the big WCW title while Hart was still technically part of NWO. Kevin Nash had been pushing for Hart to cheat to win and but Hart had been saying he could do it on his own. The match was incredible and both Hart and Benoit gave it their all. Toward the frist end of the match Nash came in with the Cattle Prod and shocked Benoit while Hart was dazed. Hart pinned Benoit and thought he won but than realized that Nash had cheated for him. Hart turned to Benoit and told him to rest fro a few minutes then get back inthe ring and they'd finish it like men. Hart still ended up winning but like a true champion he let Benoit hold the title aloft. It was by far one of the best matches I'd seen. Hopefully if anyone else has a favorite match I'd like to here about it.

That was definitely a great match. Was that the match at the Kemper Arena? I just downloaded a little while ago Chris Benoit and Dean Malenko versus Raven and Perry Saturn. It was a great match. Obviously not his best, but a great match. Anything of his inevitably was great. I'll always remember the feud he had with Kevin Sullivan over Woman, with Jacqueline getting involved and Benoit selling Jacqueline like she was the best black belt in the world or something. He was amazing.

Archived