[HYPE] HelmsleyVerse (Real World Data)

[CENTER][IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/HV/HelmsleyVerse.jpg[/IMG] [FONT="Tahoma"]The HelmsleyVerse is my attempt at bringing the real world of wrestling to the world of Total Extreme Wrestling 2007. It is no secret that the CornellVerse plays like a dream, so that is why I am molding the real world around how the C-Verse runs for maximum playability. This data will attempt to be as accurate as possible, but it made mostly for a realistic and fun game experience. To attempt to make this seem more like you are playing a real world version of the CornellVerse all the picture backgrounds will be straight from the C-Verse database. My ultimate goal is to make the player feel like they are playing a real world incarnation of the CornellVerse, and that the player will experience a game that will be fun to play out, no matter which type of promotion you choose to be, from WWE to the smallest of the small promotions. The HelmsleyVerse is coming....are you ready?[/FONT][/CENTER]

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm looking for quality and playibility over quanity. I know that it's not going to have as many people as T-Zone because that is just an amazing amount of workers. I'm starting with the big promotions, then working down from there. I know my WWE and TNA like nobodies business, so I am comfortable saying they will be extremely accurate. The indies will be well represented as well, because I've been doing alot of research on them, and will continue to look for more indy footage to make my knowledge better as this goes on. I'll probably get the help of alot of people who know what they are talking about along the way to help out with that sort of thing. So overall, think about this being a real world version of the Cornellverse, I'll be aiming for quality much higher than quanity.

[QUOTE] So overall, think about this being a real world version of the Cornellverse, I'll be aiming for quality much higher than quanity. [/QUOTE] As simple as you put that I'm interested in what you're putting together with this MOD. Other real world MOD's I tend to get lost by the massive amount of workers and promotions and feel that I have to go through and edit half of the rosters just to make it seem realistic. So all in all, Keep up the good work! I'm excited to see what you put together.

[QUOTE=Eisen-verse;294210]As simple as you put that I'm not interested in what you're putting together with this MOD. Other real world MOD's I tend to get lost by the massive amount of workers and promotions and feel that I have to go through and edit half of the rosters just to make it seem realistic. So all in all, Keep up the good work! I'm excited to see what you put together.[/QUOTE] not that it matters but your first line contradicts the rest of the sentence, you say ur not interested but then later ur excited about the mod :confused:

Things are getting kicked off on this mod today. I started by importing the gimmicks, injuries, storylines, and angles from the CornellVerse. I will add to each of these, but they were a solid base to start with. As I make the wrestlers, if they have a unique gimmick I will add it to the gimmick file so that they start with their signature gimmick most of the time. I've also added WWE to the game, and all their championship belts are now in. Now I will start on adding the WWE workers to the game, and all things WWE related like shows and events. I'll keep you all updated as things progress on, and I'll provide some screenshots of important things as well.

[QUOTE=Red Hawk;294442]I'd be [i]so[/i] willing to play test when you get that far.[/QUOTE] It's gonna be a pretty long time until we get to that stage, but I'll keep it in mind when we get there. So after putting a few workers in I'm set on the picture backgrounds and stuff like that. Most big people will get sort of a pack for themselves, showing their different gimmicks and pictures with titles. Here is how the people and title backgrounds look: [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/HV/SheltonBenjaminBlonde.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/HV/SheltonBenjamin.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/HV/SheltonBenjaminStraps.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/HV/WWEWorldHeavyweight.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=PeterHilton;294446]I'm still not sure exactly what you mean by a real world version of the CornellVerse, but I'm sure i'll play once its released.[/QUOTE] It means that it is real world data, but I've been looking at the CornellVerse and how it works very closely to see what makes it run so smooth, and I'm trying to mold the real world into that. That means that exact realism might get bent a little bit as a sacrifice to make sure the game world runs like it should. Instead of confusing myself and everybody else trying to explain it, it pretty much means I'm sacrificing exact realism on little details if necessary to make the game world play more realistically as a whole, if that makes sense.

One thing that would be nice is less PPV carriers. Whenever I started a game with T-Zone or anything, WWE would have like 50 different PPV contracts. It got almost too much to keep track of how many there were and if/when I could renew them. Minor thing, but would be nice for a smoother play. But I agree with PeterHilton, A smaller database of workers will be nice. The people "who matter" as I don't need some guy who is worthless but is in some indy company in Michigan. I'd rather see the game create "new workers" then stuff like that.

Well..1RC does a very nice job of just having the "people who matter." Its my fav real world mod thus far. But I would like to see more balance....maybe more varied companies...and I LOVE the pic style (weird...the pic sets I'm most looking forward to are the real wrestlers on the CV background and sebsplex's renders on the black ring backfground. ~oh the irony!~)

This sounds awesome. Less PPV contracts, simpler television deals.. Raw doesn't need to be on seven different networks, just USA Network and a network in Canada works perfectly. WWE, TNA, ROH, PWG, IWA Mid South, CZW, CMLL, AAA, Stampede, BCW, New and All Japan, NOAH, a few Japanese indies like Dragon Gate, a couple of small European and UK promotions.. boom, all you need. I absolutely can't wait for this.

Guest Acenate Prophet
This is quite the exciting project, and if every wrestler gets the attention to detail someone like Shelton appears to have gotten then it should turn out great. Even the title is amusing, so props. I'd be willing to help out with any testing necessary. I saw you were importing angles and the like from the standard TEW data, can I recommend you compare that to DOTT's offerings? I've found that to be the most efficient and useful collection of angles, etc.

Will we have a similar grading style to Cornellverse? I know you are saying that there will be some tweaking for realism on the whole, but, while i have always liked T-Zone, sometimes everyone being graded so highly gets a bit annoying, I prefer the Cornellverse way of D being decent, C meaning good, B meaning great, and A meaning amazing (or truly world class). Well, that was my interpretation of the stats, I do think they are 'harsher' then T-zone.

[QUOTE]Will we have a similar grading style to Cornellverse? I know you are saying that there will be some tweaking for realism on the whole, but, while i have always liked T-Zone, sometimes everyone being graded so highly gets a bit annoying, I prefer the Cornellverse way of D being decent, C meaning good, B meaning great, and A meaning amazing (or truly world class). Well, that was my interpretation of the stats, I do think they are 'harsher' then T-zone.[/QUOTE] That would be awesome. That's one thing that does kind of suck about the other Real World MOD's... A matches are so easy to come by when in all reality how many times do you watch RAW/Smackdown/or anything on TNA and say "wow, that was an A" match. Most times it's somewhere in the C's to B-'s.

I'm shooting more to C-Verse like stats. I'm doing that not just to lower them, I think it is more realistic. Like many have said, you have to be something special to give out A's and A*'s, even B+. Of the seven people I have got in I believe the only A's I have given out have been John Cena's charisma, his looks and superstar quality. Here are some screenshots of Shelton Benjamin and John Cena's stats on [B][U]Weighted Average[/U][/B] so you can see how that looks in game. [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/HV/Cena.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/HV/Shelton.jpg[/IMG]

Archived