[HYPE] HelmsleyVerse (Real World Data)

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was gone all weekend and didn't have my computer with the data on it, but I got home a couple of hours ago and good news.....I am officially finished with Japan. I might get started on Europe before I go to sleep, and with there only being three regions, that one shouldn't take too long. And for those wondering, the count for locations is currently sitting at 404.

Decided to mess around with the starting screen.....Here is a very rough draft of what I am thinking. I will probably put the original TEW logo in there when I have time, or change out the logo to put it inside the Triple H cross. We'll see when we get there. But here's the draft, and like I said, this is in no form the final product, just an idea of what I'm going after. [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/HV/OpeningScreen.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=SHaynes23;304306]I'm having a harder time finding venues for Europe, so what I'm planning on doing is just importing the ones that I need from the great mod template that Panix compliled. This will help it move along so I can get back to working on the actual workers.[/QUOTE] I would be willing to help out with the Euro venues if you could let me know just how many of each size you are looking for in each area....then you could move on to something else

[QUOTE=brat99;304316]I would be willing to help out with the Euro venues if you could let me know just how many of each size you are looking for in each area....then you could move on to something else[/QUOTE] Thanks for the offer, but I've got it under control now. I just need to import a few from the mod template and adjust them to fit how I want, and then I'm done with locations.

I just thought I would take this time to put in my opinion on WWE workers and how to keep WWE from falling right away, which I'm going to implement in this mod. I don't remember where I heard it, but it was a smart statement. The reason why WWE falls so easy in all the mods is their lack of talent. Now, here's what I'm saying. The product of the WWE is made to dumb down the in ring action, it's not the actual wrestlers (except like Khali and Mark Henry) are that bad, the product is what makes them like they come across. I would put money on saying that the majority of the WWE wrestlers could hold their own in a very demanding style of match, but WWE doesn't call for that. Just because they don't show the skills on WWE TV doesn't mean that they aren't there. They are probably the most extensively trained wrestlers in America, so they have talent no doubt, so I'll allow the product of the WWE to keep their action down, but their wrestlers have potential to put on great matches if they weren't held down by the product. Any objections to this, let me know.

[QUOTE=SHaynes23;304591]I just thought I would take this time to put in my opinion on WWE workers and how to keep WWE from falling right away, which I'm going to implement in this mod. I don't remember where I heard it, but it was a smart statement. The reason why WWE falls so easy in all the mods is their lack of talent. Now, here's what I'm saying. The product of the WWE is made to dumb down the in ring action, it's not the actual wrestlers (except like Khali and Mark Henry) are that bad, the product is what makes them like they come across. I would put money on saying that the majority of the WWE wrestlers could hold their own in a very demanding style of match, but WWE doesn't call for that. Just because they don't show the skills on WWE TV doesn't mean that they aren't there. They are probably the most extensively trained wrestlers in America, so they have talent no doubt, so I'll allow the product of the WWE to keep their action down, but their wrestlers have potential to put on great matches if they weren't held down by the product. Any objections to this, let me know.[/QUOTE] I think this sounds just fine to me. Sure, there's some stinkers in WWE, but I too think that they're not necessarily wrestling up to their ability - by design.

[QUOTE=Woodsmeister;304600]just make the wrestlers more over than the fed. [U]OVERNESS[/U] WWE: 82 Undertaker: 95 Triple H: 95 Cena: 94 Batista: 94 Finlay: 86 J.Hardy: 83 CM Punk: 82 L.Cade: 74 P.London: 75 it works for over many years in testing as they usually keep there overness around the high 70's early 80's.[/QUOTE] I think I've got the whole popularity thing down already, and most of mine are lower than that, at least for the ones I have already. I just don't think that Cade and London are that over by themselves. What I was mainly talking about was just purely talent, and once I get the data in it should work.

Well I got a few more workers in the game, but now I have to work on a 10 page research paper about campaign financing....UGH. But I'll start back up on this tomorrow when I get back from college, and I have pretty much all weekend free, so I hope to get alot done then.

I'm a Cverse guy. Its all I play. I have attempted to play Tzone and got bored rather quickly. I must say this however has me intrigued. That last Orton cut and that first Cena cut are superb. Real world on the blue Cverse background looks great alot better then I would have figured. - Your comments on smooth playability like the Cverse over historically accurate -yet useless crap like having 20 road agents & writers is good. You seem to have gotten away from this alittle by loading a ton of venues for whatever reason and that's cool - just PLEASE keep it simple. I mean who cares about some fat guy indy wrestler who fought twice in some middle school gym in South Carolina? The fat guy and the freakin' middle school gym should be ignored. I have faith in this though it looks like it has the possiblities to be incredible! Best wishes man keep at it!

[QUOTE=theringmaster;305018]I'm a Cverse guy. Its all I play. I have attempted to play Tzone and got bored rather quickly. I must say this however has me intrigued. That last Orton cut and that first Cena cut are superb. Real world on the blue Cverse background looks great alot better then I would have figured. - Your comments on smooth playability like the Cverse over historically accurate -yet useless crap like having 20 road agents & writers is good. You seem to have gotten away from this alittle by loading a ton of venues for whatever reason and that's cool - just PLEASE keep it simple. I mean who cares about some fat guy indy wrestler who fought twice in some middle school gym in South Carolina? The fat guy and the freakin' middle school gym should be ignored. I have faith in this though it looks like it has the possiblities to be incredible! Best wishes man keep at it![/QUOTE] Thanks for following it. On the workers, I'm going just like you said. I don't care about the indy guy that makes it one 2 shows a year, both that are not seen by more that 100 people. On the venues though I don't think I got out of control. Sure it is bigger than the C-Verse, but that's because I mainly have 2 venues of each size, and the major American arenas, mainly for WWE, and eventually TNA players. The location file itself is only about 50 kb bigger than the C-Verse's as well. In comparison, open up some other real world location files, those are ridiculous. I just tried to have every size for every region represented with at least 1 location.

[QUOTE=theringmaster;305018]I mean who cares about some fat guy indy wrestler who fought twice in some middle school gym in South Carolina? The fat guy and the freakin' middle school gym should be ignored. [/QUOTE] Man that guy was awesome. And it was three times in SC and once in Georgia. lol Sam will be your hook up! I have all the confidence in him in the world.

I got even more workers done today, and the namesake for this mod is now in the game, Triple H, and yes, he's a beast. Also, I thought about what Woodsmeister said a couple of posts up, and I went and checked TCW and SWF in the CornellVerse and decided to up the popularity of everybody. Not quite as much as he said, but I did give them all a bump to make them considerably more popular than the majority of other people in the game.

Here's the Triple H post. Just felt like I needed to do one (the stats are on weighted average, and his brawling is pretty good, his puro stat just lowers the average, and his popularity is a 96 across America): [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/HV/TripleH.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/HV/TripleHTerminator.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/HV/TripleHSuit.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/HV/TripleHScream.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/HV/TripleHMad.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/HV/TripleHClean.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/HV/TripleHKing.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/HV/HHH.jpg[/IMG]

One small thing that I really like is how the bios go over general career highlights instead of what they're currently doing. The way you have it ensures that they'll stay relevant years later (with maybe some small updating) instead of looking awkward when they're really out of date (like when it talks about a guy getting a big push in a promotion and he's unemployed).

Archived