[HYPE] HelmsleyVerse (Real World Data)

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't have a number of promotions or workers set in stone. I have a general idea about promotions, pretty much the ones Ping Von Erich listed up above, but add OVW, DSW, FCW, and some more American indies for variety, but I'll see when I get there. On the number of workers, I don't really know yet. We'll see how many people come out with contracts for the number of promtions I have, then I'll see how many free agents need to be made.

As a C-Verse fan I have never really been to keen on real world mods I'll played T-Zone but I got bored very quickly. but after reading that this will be the Real world C-Verse you have me hooked One thing I want like to see is less Locations to hold shows. I felt there were too many in T-Zone. surely we dont need 30 locations to hold a tiny event in one region

That's how I was feeling about locations, I didn't want a huge list. Maybe two or three venues for each size in every location, and I'll probably add the majority of the venues that WWE and TNA runs, and of course historical wrestling venues. On progress I am almost done with the active Raw roster, then I'll work on their backstage workers. I've added a few gimmicks as well, and I'll probably add some storylines in the next couple of days.

I know its not strictly realistic but can you please make sure that in your need for accuracy you don't overload the roster with behind the scenes workers. In a mod like this there's no need to include every single road agent and the like. I'd love it if, for just once in a mod, the WWE didn't fire 15 people on the first day and then sign 20 the next.

[QUOTE=sheepy;295687]I know its not strictly realistic but can you please make sure that in your need for accuracy you don't overload the roster with behind the scenes workers. In a mod like this there's no need to include every single road agent and the like. I'd love it if, for just once in a mod, the WWE didn't fire 15 people on the first day and then sign 20 the next.[/QUOTE] agree 1000% on this. I dislike mods that include every single behind the scenes worker, ref, announcer.....etc. 1. It really slows the game down when EVERYONE is included 2. It will save you time on the amount of useless people you include 3. Most importantly, it will keep people from having to say "Who the hell is that" when they see backstage worker #269 for the WWE, when really he is only under contract to get vince coffee.

On the backstage worker thing.....I'm trying to keep them out as much as possible. People that have appeared as characters in WWE will of course be included, but writers I see popping up all the time on other mods have really no reason to be in there, so I'm cutting down on them. WWE will still have it's fair share though because some people that are backstage workers for WWE can't be left out, they just have so many legends working for them.

i was testing with my data and they only seem to keep four agents i only gave them 6 and with referee's they only seem to keep 3 out of 6 Agents: John Lauriantis - LET GO Michael Hayes - LET GO Dean Malenko Dusty Rhodes Arn Anderson Ricky Steamboat Referees: Mike Chioda Charles Robinson - LET GO Mickie Henson Mike Posey Scott Armstrong - LET GO Jack Doan - LET GO i didnt put anymore in cos when testing they already got rid of them, you would think they would keep more staff having a roster split.

I have a suggestion for the locations. Well at least for the US. You could have one venue for each size for every state in the area. That should give you around 3 or 4 venues of each size and give the user a good coverage feeling. As for other parts of the world, I imagine the same thing can be done be using venus for each major city in each area (eg : British Columbia --> Vancouver, Victoria and...oops I don't even know what is the 3rd biggest city).

[QUOTE=MrOnu;295837]I have a suggestion for the locations. Well at least for the US. You could have one venue for each size for every state in the area. That should give you around 3 or 4 venues of each size and give the user a good coverage feeling. As for other parts of the world, I imagine the same thing can be done be using venus for each major city in each area (eg : British Columbia --> Vancouver, Victoria and...oops I don't even know what is the 3rd biggest city).[/QUOTE] That actually sounds like a really good idea, because it's easy just to sort indoor venues by state on a number of sites, so that would probably be the best route to go. And just a little update, I've been busy at work the past two days, but tonight should be really slow since our hotel is going to be closed Sunday, so I won't have to do much. So in the words of Dark Helmet in Spaceballs, this mod is about to go to.....LUDICROUS SPEED!

[QUOTE=ShadowedFlames;295853][COLOR="Red"]They've...gone to plaid![/COLOR] Seriously, I haven't been comfortable working a real world mod in TEW, looking forward to this one.[/QUOTE] Let's take a 5 minute break, alright? Smoke em' if ya got em! *falls over* All Mel Brooks movie quotes aside... I'm interested in how this is going to turn out as well.

Just a little update.... I've slightly changed the locations for all 50 states thing, because that's more locations than I want to be in. So I'm going to do two or three from each region for the lower capicity arenas, then pretty much every arena that WWE and TNA runs will be in, plus some bigger domed stadiums for huge events, and a couple of outdoor stadiums just in case. That should take a few more days to do, then I'll either do television networks or some more workers.

Today's update.... I'm going state by state to add the major arenas, then I'm going to sprinkle in smaller arenas in the region they are in. I'm going in alphabetical order and I just finished Michigan. So far I'm around 135 locations, so it will be considerably bigger than the CornellVerse's location file, but that's mainly because I've got in almost every arena that WWE runs.

The end is in sight for United States locations. I am on South Carolina, so that leaves 11 states. The international places shouldn't take too long as they are not going to be as loaded with as many venues as America is. So just hang in there and I'll get to the exciting stuff soon.

Archived