Journal discussion thread

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;374393]It's part of the United States that isn't covered by an existing area and has had several real life promotions based out of it. Maybe you were just being overly melodramatic on purpose, but that's a fairly solid and logical justification to my ears.[/QUOTE] Still, in game terms Puerto Rico and Hawaii now represent almost 20% of the United States. I know you hate when people start bickering about realism, but the wrestling followings in Hawaii and Puerto Rico have so little crossover into the rest of the U.S. that it would make more sense to differentiate the two completely and make them into a new game area.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote=Mr T Jobs To Me;374504]Still, in game terms Puerto Rico and Hawaii now represent almost 20% of the United States. I know you hate when people start bickering about realism, but the wrestling followings in Hawaii and Puerto Rico have so little crossover into the rest of the U.S. that it would make more sense to differentiate the two completely and make them into a new game area.[/quote] Yes and no -- HI and PR have unique wrestling subcultures, but they are not completely cut off from the mainland, and you do see stars coming up to the mainland from those territories (the Colon family, the previously mentioned Maivia family, etc.) My concern is more of a gameplay one, as the addition of HI impacts a US company's ability to go National by increasing the number of territories. That being said, the idea of having Japan as a spillover territory from HI is definitely intruiging, and I hope Adam takes the idea under consideration, as it would give mainland companies a reason to take HI seriously in their growth plans. If HI spills over into say Southwest and Kanto, all of a sudden a company like CZCW becomes VERY interesting with the challenge of building it into the ulitmate cruiser/super junior/lucha company and could become a legitimate International/Global contender.

I can't believe all the negatives that have been brought up about Hawaii - and they all seem to be how it will affect gameplay / growth. As none of us know whether having Hawaii will have any affect on how long it takes to go National, I'm prepared to give it a go.

[QUOTE=cyberkitten01;374618]Finally people can stop asking to have Australia put back in :D[/QUOTE] Yeah, which country should we start demanding in there next? As far as I know Argentina, South Africa, Korea, Dominican Republic, Philippines and most Central American countries have all had wrestling promotions at one time or another. :p

All I'm saying is that first time around, there was very little data for it in both CU and RL mods, I even made a mod for CU to add more Aussie Promotions and workers. Likewise, the UK scene, both CU and RL, is so small atm, that it wouldn't really be a big lose if it was removed in a figure of speech. In terms of what comes from the UK scene and what comes from the AUS scene, the UK has offered alot more in recent years. Outside of Nathan Jones, I'm not sure I could name another AUS Wrestler.

[QUOTE=Chriswok;374629]All I'm saying is that first time around, there was very little data for it in both CU and RL mods, I even made a mod for CU to add more Aussie Promotions and workers. Likewise, the UK scene, both CU and RL, is so small atm, that it wouldn't really be a big lose if it was removed in a figure of speech. In terms of what comes from the UK scene and what comes from the AUS scene, the UK has offered alot more in recent years. Outside of Nathan Jones, I'm not sure I could name another AUS Wrestler.[/QUOTE] Y'all just have better publicity. And to be fair, we've got Mikey Nicholls too, and he was in the NWA World Heavyweight Title Tournament last year. Lost in the first round, but he was there.

I would like to personally suggest that Puerto Rico be placed in Mexico's region. My thoughts on this are to give Mexico a more diverse style of wrestling. They won't be pigeonholed into lucha only, as Puerto Rico is traditionally a much more traditional style. Yes, Puerto Ricans are US Citizens, but I think that the Spanish/Latin American heritage is of more importance. This is just something I've meant to say for a long time, but always forgot to bring up.

[QUOTE=Wallbanger;374583]Yes and no -- HI and PR have unique wrestling subcultures, but they are not completely cut off from the mainland, and you do see stars coming up to the mainland from those territories (the Colon family, the previously mentioned Maivia family, etc.) My concern is more of a gameplay one, as the addition of HI impacts a US company's ability to go National by increasing the number of territories. That being said, the idea of having Japan as a spillover territory from HI is definitely intruiging, and I hope Adam takes the idea under consideration, as it would give mainland companies a reason to take HI seriously in their growth plans. If HI spills over into say Southwest and Kanto, all of a sudden a company like CZCW becomes VERY interesting with the challenge of building it into the ulitmate cruiser/super junior/lucha company and could become a legitimate International/Global contender.[/QUOTE] That was my concern too, I just didn't articulate it as well as you. Unless the United States gets a different set of standards for increasing in size Hawaii seems to be subtraction by addition to me. I have absolutely no problem with Hawaii or the Samoan Islands or Puerto Rico or the Deserted Island Prison of Alcatraz being regions, but once I have to run shows there to go National in the United States... It is no longer kosher.

Does Hawaii have a venue that could hold 50,000 people? I wouldn't mind seeing more diversity in the types and number of venues available in each region along with competition for certain venues on certain dates in order to make booking a venue a bit more complicated than just estimating how many people are coming then choosing the appropriate venue.

[QUOTE=hakk99;374732]Does Hawaii have a venue that could hold 50,000 people? I wouldn't mind seeing more diversity in the types and number of venues available in each region along with competition for certain venues on certain dates in order to make booking a venue a bit more complicated than just estimating how many people are coming then choosing the appropriate venue.[/QUOTE] Yes they do it's called Aloha Stadium [url]http://www.worldstadiums.com/north_america/countries/united_states/hawaii.shtml[/url]

[QUOTE=praguepride;374640]Maybe Hawaii could be renamed something like Oceania where it includes many of the other pacific islands, like Philippines, Polynesia etc.[/QUOTE] I'd like that sort of thing - something that covers the Pacific Islands, especially Samoa for obvious reasons.

So far I'm fairly happy. My thoughts on the matter (since making a separate topic just for my thoughts about the updates is rather pointless)... [quote]1) Personality Plus[/quote] Wasn't expecting this at all, but having read through it I'm looking forward to the feature being there. Character and Attitude worked, but it created fairly static, predictable characters, where as I feel this should add quite a lot of dynamics to how character act and react to situations and events. [quote]2) Bad Blood[/quote] Not much to say here, definitely needed and glad that its being added. [quote]3) National Battle[/quote] Wicked! Always glad to have some challenge in rival federations. Now how about bringing back Bidding Wars, Adam? :D [quote]4) Injury Realism[/quote] Is it odd that I find this update funny? Not saying its not needed as it is to add that extra bit of realism to the game, it just strikes me as rather humorous that it even happened in the first place. [quote]5) Multi Advance[/quote] Been waiting for this ever since I started playing EWR, glad to see its finally making its debut. [quote]6) Worker / New Worker Combination[/quote] Hey, if it simplifies the menus in the editor and adds that much more depth to what happens when a character enters the game, more power to ya Adam. [quote]7) Hall of Immortals[/quote] Pretty cool I guess, gives a players something to strive for when boosting a certain fav wrestler I guess. [quote]8) Champion Replacement[/quote] Simple enough response for this one: [b]thank you![/b] Think 4-Man and 5-Man options for titles while were at it? [quote]9) Potential[/quote] Jeez Adam, just read my brain why don't ya? Probably a stat thats long been neglected but desperately needed, a more-than-welcome addition to the game, especially to the modders out there (especially those that make mods of previous years). [quote]10) Chemistry Store[/quote] I assume this means storing all the Good and Bad Chemistry that happens between wrestlers during a game and, if thats the case, its a welcome addition. Definitely something I probably wouldn't have thought of, makes my life easier as a booker thats for sure. [quote]11) New Game World[/quote] Well I can definitely say that having Australia back will feel a cozier, though I'm not quite sure yet how much an impact, whether good or bad, having Hawaii in the game is going to do. Not saying I don't like it, just a tad bit skeptical at the moment until I see it in action. [quote]12) Location Prestige[/quote] Never played WMMA, so don't exactly know how this works, but from what I can figure it sounds cool and adds more to the metagame for those that love it (I, for one being raised on EWR, don't). So far so good Adam, the only thing that would ensure my purchase of the game would be Game Modes (see my Suggestions post elsewhere). Add that and I'd probably give you my firstborn child and my left foot.

[QUOTE=Chriswok;374629] Likewise, the UK scene, both CU and RL, is so small atm, that it wouldn't really be a big lose if it was removed in a figure of speech. In terms of what comes from the UK scene and what comes from the AUS scene, the UK has offered alot more in recent years. Outside of Nathan Jones, I'm not sure I could name another AUS Wrestler.[/QUOTE] Flemish Wrestling Force Freestyle Championship Wrestling Frontier Championship Wrestling Future Championship Wrestling Garage Pro Wrestling GBG Wrestling Independent Wrestling Federation Irish Whip Wrestling Italian Championship Wrestling New Era Wrestling No Limit Wrestling Northern Wrestling League Power Trip Wrestling Real Deal Wrestling Varsity Pro Wrestling World Association Of Wrestling World Wide Wrestling League X Wrestling Alliance Athletik Club Wrestling Catch Wrestling Norddeutschland Crazy Wrestling Club Deutsche Wrestling Allianz East Side Wrestling German Wrestling Promotion Mad Wrestling Association Pro Wrestling Fighters Swiss Championship Wrestling World Wide Pro Wrestling ya, cause there's totally like a lack of promotions in the UK/European scene.. :rolleyes: Every one of those promotions are not only active, but missing from the T-Zone database. yeah, the UK scene is really awful... :rolleyes: [QUOTE=BurningHamster;374445]Hell no, maybe forget them AS the Bushwhackers and remember them as the Sheepherders. [/QUOTE] hell yeah! They were a really badass heel team until Vince ruined them and turned them into clumsy fools.

Archived