Journal discussion thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The reason why I like the angle retention feature is the ability to track the progress of certain workers in angels/interviews as easily as you can track how well workers do in the ring in 07. It looks like you will be better able to get a handle on worker entertainment improvement as it relates to the shows.

[QUOTE=shipshirt;380153]Yeah in fact he even used those exact words about it being stupid to have a bunch of 1 minute warm up angles listed.[/QUOTE] I think the question is about shows YOU run, and I don't think that Adam was exactly clear on that.

I just read through everything. There seems to be some great stuff there so far. That being said, I would still like to see "Lake Erie" (Western Pennsylvania, Eastern Ohio, Western New York, and Southern Ontario) added as an official region at some point. I usually explain it to people as "Memphis-meets-[i]Fight Club[/i]" - vibrant and unique, but definitely out of the mainstream. Promotions affected include IWC in Pittsburgh, PWO in Cleveland, AIW in Eastern Ohio, UWA in Toronto, and NWA Upstate in (or rather, near) Buffalo. As it stands now, setting up the rosters are an absolute mess. Take a guy like Raymond Rowe, for example. The guy is big draw in this region, but is relatively unknown everywhere else. Because of this, his stats are "off" and his drawing power takes a massive hit.

If you all think there is already enough cool stuff to purchase the game, just think that we know only 18 new features of the game which means that there is still 82 surprises to find out about this game i'm very excited for this summer, i hope it will rain alot so i don't feel bad playing this game in the house

I love the new angles for AI. It will make more of a challenge, and the banners and updated graphics are a big plus. Hope Sam Keith is still a crap booker though. :D

Don't think I rang in on angle retention for the AI yet but I like it. It's a nod to the immersion factor and makes it more possible to scout those people on your shortlist if you choose to dive into the game that deeply. If you see that young prospect from USPW you have shortlisted does well in the ring but suffers in angles, you might just find another direction if you're playing SWF. The new graphics could also be more of an immersion thing and to that degree they are good. But they also strike me as being a bit of fluff. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Just the idea strikes me kinda boring. There are greater immersive touches that could be added than a few pretty graphics. But it makes the modders happy so worth the addition I guess.

Gotta admit i really wasn't going to be getting 2008 but with all the updates and small twekas and now graphical improvements i will be defo be getting this game, it sounding better and better all the time, the graphical side will really add some nice touches to it me thinks. Cannot wait till a demo and some real world data hits out for the game.

[QUOTE=BurningHamster;381353]As someone who suggested the opening of TV networks and didn't expect Mr. Ryland to implement it, I am very happy with this news. It should make things a bit more interesting, and the game world a little less static.[/QUOTE] I had a similar suggestion myself. I'm VERY Happy with this. I was the guy that asked for a "Timeline" where we could start up not only PPV's, but also simulate "No TV" up till Cable TV if we so desired.... where Radio was the only thing around. Far as the web broadcasts, I think that could be used for quite a few different things (bootleg Tapings, etc.). I'm not sure exactly how that will work with this, but I'm VERY happy with it just like it was explained.

Archived