Journal discussion thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love the added touch, so that you can scroll through the history and see where that huge fued came to an end inside the cage, contract on a pole or what ever gimmick match capped of the fued. Is it me, or has Adam really turned up the heat with the announced features this week? I mean 5 days and 5 home run additions. (or it may just be me)

One major thing that I'd like to see that would make the game much more fun for me is clickable storyline additions. If I go through the trouble of writing out a detailed storyline I'd like to be able to just click on the next step to add it to a show. It's SO tedious to have to add it manually each time especially in long entertaining stories with twists and turns. It's like doing work twice.

The ability to use offscreen angles for workers in other feds will definitely be a great addition for diary writers. I have lost track of how many times I had a tv show just before a PPV and wanted to have that last hype for the big matches, only to have one of the participants not available due to working somewhere else. Now in 08 at least I can run a one sided promo that could still build heat for the match.

It says that angles involving people who aren't at the show is done using the "Off Screen" note... does that mean if we have a video angle where the only person involved is set as "Off Screen" we can run a hype video for someone that isn't on the show? Also, does this work for injured people that can't work through the pain in any way?

[QUOTE=Slim Jim;408603]It says that angles involving people who aren't at the show is done using the "Off Screen" note... does that mean if we have a video angle where the only person involved is set as "Off Screen" we can run a hype video for someone that isn't on the show?[/QUOTE] No. You can only use them in Off-Screen roles where they are not rated on anything - obviously, as otherwise you could hire people on PPA contract and use them in angles to take advantage of their skills without ever having to pay them. The point of the feature is that you can [I]reference[/I] absent workers, not [I]use[/I] them.

Come to think of it, this was in EWR - I remember having a feud go on for about 6 months where I'd just set it up with someone vs Rey, then Rey got injured. I had his opponent mock him in interviews every week for 6 months and then beat him in a Ladder match when he came back - his opponent got a huge boost in overness for it :) Fun times.

[QUOTE=Moe Hunter;408759]Come to think of it, this was in EWR - I remember having a feud go on for about 6 months where I'd just set it up with someone vs Rey, then Rey got injured. I had his opponent mock him in interviews every week for 6 months and then beat him in a Ladder match when he came back - his opponent got a huge boost in overness for it :) Fun times.[/QUOTE] Ah, the old Stone Cold trick (from his feud with Bret Hart WAY back int he day). :) I agree that this one is a great (if somewhat overdue) addition. Still hoping we'll see more flexibility in scheduling TV/PPV for Weekly/Monthly/Annual/Special (the way WMMA does it) rotations as well as combined tapings (Like WSX, or pre 2 hour TNA, or oldschool syndicated ECW/WCW/WWF) soon in the diary.

Archived