• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=sprinklefurball;427315]I love how there's a reformed box for religion...Yeah, I used to be addicted to faith, but I gave it up cold turkey...[/QUOTE] I wouldn't mind seeing that renamed - Lapsed, maybe? Reformed isn't really an accurate term :)

Well, looking at TV shows and slots it looks like Monthly TV shows and TV specials didnn't make it from WMMA to TEW. No Clash of the Champions, Saturday Night's Main Event, Special Impact Episodes (Global Impact)... Sad. No monthly events either.

[QUOTE=James Casey;427338]I wouldn't mind seeing that renamed - Lapsed, maybe? Reformed isn't really an accurate term :)[/QUOTE] Born again Christian maybe? I don't know, does seem out there, guess we'll know more once the demo is out :D

[QUOTE=Chriswok;427326]Hmm maybe it means, is it a move that is set up like a piledriver? Pedigree, Piledriver, Canadian Driver, power bomb?[/QUOTE] From what I know, Martinetes are simply moves that end with the opponent being dropped directly on their head, like a piledriver or a tombstone piledriver. In traditional Lucha Libre culture, they're illegal and highly taboo. Instant DQ, in-character fines, stuff like that. They only get used by Rudos to kick it up a notch in a hot feud or by a Technico finally getting his revenge against a hated foe. Of course, Lucha isn't my forte, so I may and probably am wrong.

[QUOTE=The Franchise;427343]From what I know, Martinetes are simply moves that end with the opponent being dropped directly on their head, like a piledriver or a tombstone piledriver. In traditional Lucha Libre culture, they're illegal and highly taboo. Instant DQ, in-character fines, stuff like that. They only get used by Rudos to kick it up a notch in a hot feud or by a Technico finally getting his revenge against a hated foe. Of course, Lucha isn't my forte, so I may and probably am wrong.[/QUOTE] Ah, that helps alot actually, thanks :)

66% overness gets you to national now for a promotion...Noticed so far... 12% one location gets you to small 30% one location gets you to regional 42% in two locations gets you to cult 66% in all of 1 country gets you to national 66% in one country and 42% in another gets you international 66% in one country and 54% in 2 other countries gets you Global

The movesets is an interesting addition, just tried converting my incomplete 1996 data into it and it seems a move list of all finishers was generated. Hmm ... might take a look at that. Not crazy about things such as smoking (who really cares) or the amount of money a promotion can have (why so damn restrictive?) but a lot to like in there. Maybe a few too many stats from my point of view though.

[QUOTE=sabataged;427357]66% overness gets you to national now for a promotion...Noticed so far... 12% one location gets you to small 30% one location gets you to regional 42% in two locations gets you to cult 66% in all of 1 country gets you to national 66% in one country and 42% in another gets you international 66% in one country and 54% in 2 other countries gets you Global[/QUOTE] Ah could be why my WWE was getting Global, hmm, guess that's been decided then.

I have a bit of a dilemma. I have a worker who is set debut June 2008 which is the day my database would start. Would she already be debuted, debut when I advance a day or like previous games cease to exist? Also would I have to add her relationships with her father (already debuted) and brother (not yet debuted) if she's already debuted, or will the game automatically link up their relationships ie husband of the mother is automatically added as debuting worker's father. Then when the brother debuts he'd be linked to both parents and his sister. Also what's the difference between not inducted and future inductee in the Hall of the Immortals? The way I figure it not inducted would be people who are on their way to getting in like John Cena but not quite there yet, where future inductee are guys would are defiantly going in at some point and have earned all they need to be inducted already.

I can help with those two (I think. Might get told off ¬_¬). A worker set to debut on the same date the database starts will be in the game world just as if he'd always been there. So in your scenario, the guy would already be in when you start the game, with no news notification or anything like that. I don't *think* blood relations are automatically added in '08. Adam would have to confirm that though. A Future Inductee is, as you say, someone who deserves to go in when he retires even if he doesn't meet all the criteria. For example, if you didn't want to research every achievement Hulk Hogan ever made, you could leave all the dropdowns blank, set him as a Future Inductee, and when he retires he'll be in the HOI even if he didn't meet the criteria. Not Inducted is just a way of keeping track of notable people who might one day make it, but so far haven't. Randy Orton for example, you could note down his previous title reigns and Wrestlemania headliners, and set him to Not Inducted. If he breaks his neck and retires next year, he won't be inducted. But if his career continues and he achieves enough to become worthy, he will be. Also, Martinete: Any move that involves the worker being dropped directly onto his head. So a Piledriver, or an Emerald Frosion, or a Burning Hammer, but not a DDT (because he's not being dropped) or a Powerbomb (because that's the back of the neck not the head).

Lots can be said in a 1000 characters! [QUOTE]MARC REDDY AKA: The Policeman, The Amazing Reddy Brothers (w/ Maurice Reddy) From: Montréal, Québec A very honest worker who is capable of both technical wrestling and brawling, as well as being comfortable in both singles and tag team encounters. Old school charm make him a good candidate for comedy acts. Lacks flash and excitement found in younger workers and lacks interest in the American "Entertaining Wrestling" style. Now a father, he also places family first in his personal life and would rather stay home in Montreal. Marc Reddy is a former tag team and North American champion in the World Pro Wrestling organisation. Upon leaving WPW, he returned home and founded a company he felt was more in touch with families and kids. Basing their vision on that of their father, uncles and grand-uncle who had marked the golden years of wrestling from the 50's to the mid 80's in Montreal, Marc and brother Maurice are looking to bring back the forgotten art of family wrestling. [/QUOTE] Before you would have had pretty much to choose between talking about the skills or talking about the career of a wrestler. Or having a sentence on both and leaving the user with incomplete info. Now you can do both. AND, you can have that little header thing, I think it's kinda cool. Maybe you could add theme music info too.

I need some help, I converted a mod, and I figured since it brought over the "People" folder as well with worker pics I'd have all the pics, but when I go through the database, nobody has a picture. Then I saw it said you need to create a seperate picture folder, I did that 3 times, yet when I open the game folder, it still only lists the default one. So I put all the worker pics in there, and still no pictures are showing up. Im sure theres a way to figure this out, Im just hoping I dont have to sit here and manually reassign 1,000 worker pics

[QUOTE=James Casey;427368]There are two folders - TEW2008/Data/Database Name and TEW 2008/Pictures/Database Name. It's the second one you need to put your pictures in.[/QUOTE] I knew that, it just still isnt showing up for my created database "1992"

A question regarding potential, Am I assuming that it's based on how much more that person is expected to achieve? So someone like Kenny Dykstra would have good potential, but a Shawn Michaels would have low potential because he's peaked?

[QUOTE=Hurrikane;427373]A question regarding potential, Am I assuming that it's based on how much more that person is expected to achieve? So someone like Kenny Dykstra would have good potential, but a Shawn Michaels would have low potential because he's peaked?[/QUOTE] Yes; if they've already achieved it then it's not potential anymore.

Archived