new gameplay effects on c-verse

I know there are already topics about "what's next" for the c-verse, but this is a little different. This thread is designed to ask how the new gameplay will change the course of the c-verse. Examples: Ed Stone now estranged from his family.

[quote=takertitan;429831]I know there are already topics about "what's next" for the c-verse, but this is a little different. This thread is designed to ask how the new gameplay will change the course of the c-verse. Examples: Ed Stone now estranged from his family.[/quote] Ed seems like the obvious choice, but if you ask me. Ricky DeColt. I don't know why, but he's just different.

[quote=takertitan;429831]I know there are already topics about "what's next" for the c-verse, but this is a little different. This thread is designed to ask how the new gameplay will change the course of the c-verse. Examples: Ed Stone now estranged from his family.[/quote] This entirely fits with my "Ed Stone is about to be outed" theory regarding the new hetero-/bi-/homosexual options with characters.

I bet Bruce is a chainsmoking drunk and Dan Jr. or Duane Stone are gay. Also I guarantee, that Edd Stone is still good with his daddy. Otherwise it would be too easy for the user. Why should Adam take annoying Eddy, the biggest jerk around, from the company? No one, who ever watched one of his Youtube-vids would hire free agent Teddy for his project... ...mhm ...did I say "Teddy" instead of "Eddy"? ...damn! I rather think, that Jeremy, Dan Jr. or Duane will have / had a fallout with daddy. - Or, one of them took over the family business (Jeremy or Dan Jr.), resulting into a fallout between the two brothers and maybe even a split of NOTBPW. Plus, I wonder, which girls are in whose hands... =)

The general consensus seems to be that NOTBPW are in for a major shakeup in the game - not that anyone's come out and said anything, but there it is. Not having played much in Canada, I've had enough of my guys poached by the Stones to know that they're a bit monolithic, and it would be an interesting game leveller to see them brought down in size. However, the one I suspect will cause the biggest changes is the national/regional battles, particularly with regard to the SWF/TCW relationship. I believe they start in 07 at War anyway, and if that's still the case in 08 (and when did Richard Eisen ever let go of a grudge?) than whoever gets the first break in the game could well establish a lead in the battle that could obliterate the other guy.

[QUOTE=LoganRodzen;430275]I'm excited to see whose in the Hall of Immortals for the CornellVerse, but it wouldn't surprise me if it starts empty.[/QUOTE] I don't think it will the CornellVerse has referenced a lot of past wrestlers, so have some of the history mods. So, I think there will be some people included in the Hall Of Immortals. I believe the following will definitely be included Dan Stone Dick The Devastator Sam Strong Dayu Ichihara Master Kitozon Optimus Elemental Rip Chord Sensational Ogiwara Thunder Hike Sam Keith Dread Etc

[B][SIZE="7"][I][U]SPOILERZ![/U][/I][/SIZE][/B] [QUOTE=Malioc;430323]I bet Bruce is a chainsmoking drunk and Dan Jr. or Duane Stone are gay. Also I guarantee, that Edd Stone is still good with his daddy. Otherwise it would be too easy for the user. Why should Adam take annoying Eddy, the biggest jerk around, from the company? No one, who ever watched one of his Youtube-vids would hire free agent Teddy for his project... ...mhm ...did I say "Teddy" instead of "Eddy"? ...damn! I rather think, that Jeremy, Dan Jr. or Duane will have / had a fallout with daddy. - Or, one of them took over the family business (Jeremy or Dan Jr.), resulting into a fallout between the two brothers and maybe even a split of NOTBPW. Plus, I wonder, which girls are in whose hands... =)[/QUOTE] Wow, you are so very wrong. :p Usually, the most obvious choice is the correct one and in this case, that's true. BUT, there's also a surprise (i.e. if Edd had a falling out with his family, where did he end up and did anyone else leave with him, assuming he did indeed leave?) [QUOTE=James Casey;430356]The general consensus seems to be that NOTBPW are in for a major shakeup in the game - not that anyone's come out and said anything, but there it is. Not having played much in Canada, I've had enough of my guys poached by the Stones to know that they're a bit monolithic, and it would be an interesting game leveller to see them brought down in size. However, the one I suspect will cause the biggest changes is the national/regional battles, particularly with regard to the SWF/TCW relationship. I believe they start in 07 at War anyway, and if that's still the case in 08 (and when did Richard Eisen ever let go of a grudge?) than whoever gets the first break in the game could well establish a lead in the battle that could obliterate the other guy.[/QUOTE] If anyone ever said they'd like to see what happened if SWF, TCW, and NOTBPW went head-to-head, face up like a 3-way MMA match, TEW08 delivers that in spades. It's too much fun to watch if you're not running one of them. [QUOTE=thedraem41;430373]I don't think it will the CornellVerse has referenced a lot of past wrestlers, so have some of the history mods. So, I think there will be some people included in the Hall Of Immortals. I believe the following will definitely be included Dan Stone Dick The Devastator Sam Strong Dayu Ichihara Master Kitozon Optimus Elemental Rip Chord Sensational Ogiwara - [COLOR="Red"]no[/COLOR] Thunder Hike - [COLOR="Red"]no[/COLOR] Sam Keith Dread Etc[/QUOTE] Re-read the criteria for the Hall of Immortals. Neither The Sensational One or Thunder Hike are eligible, unless you place them there yourself. You can imagine how much whining came from my direction but it makes perfect sense, as much as I hate it. :p One thing I will say that folks might not have paid much attention to. Remember which promotion owner usually dies very early (due to his past alcoholism)? Well, his SON inherits his promotion. Think about that. Those people who are huge fans of that promotion (like, apparently, James Casey) are gonna LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it when their initial owner passes. You basically get a next generation superstar.....FOR FREE!

I'm just looking forward to finding out what happened to NYCW and GCG. My two favourite promotions in the game, so they better be doing well. Of course, I'll still get it whatever happens, but I'd like to see them thriving.

[QUOTE=Remianen;431096][B][SIZE="7"][I][U]SPOILERZ![/U][/I][/SIZE][/B] One thing I will say that folks might not have paid much attention to. Remember which promotion owner usually dies very early (due to his past alcoholism)? Well, his SON inherits his promotion. Think about that. Those people who are huge fans of that promotion (like, apparently, James Casey) are gonna LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it when their initial owner passes. You basically get a next generation superstar.....FOR FREE![/QUOTE] Fame at last... And I can only say that if this plays out the way you've suggested, than my idea for a Diary has just had a hole blown in it :(

Archived