can you stop cheating in multiplayer?

i never actually played the mutiplayer feature but plan to with 2008. im wondering is it possible to turn off the edit feature or atleast to an extent. just so people to increas popularity or stats for anyone.

not saying someone would always cheat, but many people do just be be asses like just for a short time give some lowercard jobber like tom stone or george south, or joey maggs super star like stats for fun for a little while. plus eve i would be tempted to maybe cheat against them. its only natural to want to, and its too easy to do, so it would be a good fix for multiplayer (if its not already a feature since I have never tried multi)

[QUOTE=dcxbox;430003]not saying someone would always cheat, but many people do just be be asses like just for a short time give some lowercard jobber like tom stone or george south, or joey maggs super star like stats for fun for a little while. plus eve i would be tempted to maybe cheat against them. its only natural to want to, and its too easy to do, so it would be a good fix for multiplayer (if its not already a feature since I have never tried multi)[/QUOTE] I have never once been tempted to cheat during a multiplayer game. Have some integrity.

[QUOTE=Ghetto Anthony;430025]I have never once been tempted to cheat during a multiplayer game. Have some integrity.[/QUOTE] /nod. I aggree, I don't think people even think about cheating when playing multiplayer games... It's when your alone, your doing your show's and your getting to where you want to be... just not going as fast as you want, and then.... you think to yourself "Well, it's going to happen sooner or later anyways, why not?" Alot more tempting to cheat, when the only person that is playing is you, lol. Just everytime I have done that, I lose interest in the game.... so I guess guilt is still there. It's like the difference from starting as a major player (or the best promotion), as opposed to starting from scratch (or starting with someone else's smallish mess). It's tons of fun when your moving up... Not so much when your just trying to stay on top....

It took me about five months of playing TEW '07 to realize there was an in-game editor that could be used for cheating. It's handy to have that because sometimes when promotions are created - there championship names aren't very appealing, so I usually edit that. Other then that, I only edit my promotions product when the owner blocks it and I know that I need to change it - yes, that's cheating. But seriously, the Owner doesn't know what's good for his promotion, I do. ;)

I could see maybe a list of "edited" that comes in an info section of the game? That'd be the only thing but yeah, I agree that the honor system is the best way. Like the previous poster said, its nice to have not disabled when a new fed joins and has a lame title name or TV show name or something...

Only problem with saying "don't play with jerks" is you're not going to know until you play with one. It's not like there's a blacklist up on the site or anything :P Course I imagine most TEW forum goers have some integrity. But still, ya never know...

[QUOTE=crayon;430055]Only problem with saying "don't play with jerks" is you're not going to know until you play with one. It's not like there's a blacklist up on the site or anything :P Course I imagine most TEW forum goers have some integrity. But still, ya never know...[/QUOTE] Well, if your playing at home, you always have the option of making sure the game is played while your able to view it. Far as long distance (over the internet) games goes... I sincerely doubt anyone would cheat, as it wouldn't take any time for a "blacklist" to be made. The one's that are noticeable play and do a diary at the same time. I believe some (Like Outlaw's, based off DOTT "Battle Lines have been drawn, What if the NWA struck first?") have someone play another promotion to kind of keep the diary more interesting. Like I said though... If you play someone on the forums... I would feel really bad if they decided to cheat (and you caught them).

[QUOTE=bigdaddykraven;430053]I could see maybe a list of "edited" that comes in an info section of the game? That'd be the only thing but yeah, I agree that the honor system is the best way. Like the previous poster said, its nice to have not disabled when a new fed joins and has a lame title name or TV show name or something...[/QUOTE] yeah that was in the original TEW I believe, and was actually useful in other ways.

Archived