[Cornellverse] Favorite new characters

Here's some of mine, I have a feeling these guys are going to be the new "signings everyone makes". Swoop McCarthy: The guy has SOLID basics for an indy wrestler from the middle of nowhere, and buckets of charisma. The kicker? He's only 19. There is TONS of time to develop him into a superstar. Any big fed should pick him up in a heartbeat. The 25 grand in relocation expenses would be a drop in the bucket compared to the money he'll make you in the future. Kirk Jameson: I like him, he gives me a real Bret Hart vibe. Another young star in the making, although Kirk should spend some considerable time in development somewhere before moving onto the national stage. Brimstone: He's a sub par worker as of the beginning of the game, but he has a sweet gimmick, and he definitely fills the "Sabu role" nicely. Maybe it's his picture, but I like him alot and see myself using him quite a bit in my games.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For me I'd say the guy I've taken to quickest in the new crop would be Bradford Peverell. Solid young talent with a distinctive look and room to grow into being outstanding both in-ring and on the stick. Even in the categories like psychology, flash, and chain wrestling where he's at his iffiest, I could see Peverell being presentable in big-time terms as he developed.

Swoop definitely will be a star someday. Kirk looks like another strong candidate, especially if used well early. The female side didn't see much change, but BSC's 2 latest "performers" *cough* don't look entirely useless. I wouldn't send them to 5SSW right away, but with the right nudges either one could be decent in a women's promotion. Not main eventers, but useable midcards. (not sure if that's a commentary on just how thin the women's side tends to be, or just my low standards since I rarely run anything larger than regional.) :eek:

[QUOTE=1PWfan;433084]I usually try to sign Morgan, but I think he's been left free for all those who like doing local-to-global companies-he's their go-to guy a lot fo the time.[/QUOTE] Yep, I think each year the 'go-to-guys' get more and more eroded - as should be the case! This year Singh has found a home. Maybe next edition will be Morgan's year.

I love all of the Australian Pro Wrestling guys. There renders make them all look like stars in my opinion. I've created my local New England Championship Wrestling promotion and have already made a working agreement with APW - I've only been able to run one show because of finances ($50,000 to start). But my favorite new tag team is definitely Thimbleby Langton and Wooton Fitzpaine (The Good Ol' Boys) from PSW. I have a working agreement with them as well, so hopefully I can bring those two in for a few shows. :)

i brought swoop into swf under the name MC Swoop and given him a rapper gimmick, once the full games out and i can get a B show on the go i plan to heavily use him on it. I might bring him on the next supreme tv as one of these no entrance jobbbers you know are gunna lose within 2 minutes but then give him the upset win over Big smack scott (originaly going to remmy sky but Swoop deserves the push more, Big smack has so far pissed off my entire roster and failed a drugs test - thank **** his contracts up in just over a month untill then a brief losing streak storyline.)

Bradford Peverell is THE man. I think he could turn out to be quite a phenom, until TCW steals him and feuds him with Cornell, which would suck. Unless I was playing TCW, then that would be awesome. I quite like Kirk Jameson as well. Hell, I just love FCW.

[QUOTE=mvargus;433077]The female side didn't see much change, but BSC's 2 latest "performers" *cough* don't look entirely useless. I wouldn't send them to 5SSW right away, but with the right nudges either one could be decent in a women's promotion. Not main eventers, but useable midcards. (not sure if that's a commentary on just how thin the women's side tends to be, or just my low standards since I rarely run anything larger than regional.) :eek:[/QUOTE] Coco and Lindsay have the potential to be huge if booked right. In my promotion, I have plans to put them into my 4-way tag title feud storyline alongside the Neptunes, Seek & Destroy, and the Crush Gals (Sensational Ogiwara & Christy Higgins). EoE (Excellence of Execution; Thunder Hike & Lauren Easter) can rotate in to allow Sweet As Candy or the Neptunes to rotate out and feud with Lilly & Rose or Wild Times or The Missouri Bruisers. The new development system allows me to rotate teams in for specific programs/storylines (or when their promotions are off tour) and then send them back to development when those programs/storylines are done, y'see. ;) Besides, I'm pretty sure quite a few of the new workers Adam is planning to roll out with the first or second big patch will be women. Remember, Lucy Stone-McFly didn't launch with 07, she (and several of the better new workers) came a month or so later.

[QUOTE=mad5226;433352]What no love for my girl Agent69? I thought for sure she woulda been in BSC this year...guess i'll have to use my own imagination on what she would wear in that company =)[/QUOTE] And despite all these highly anemic women's divisions, Ginko Kuroda is still unemployed... :(

[QUOTE=MaxxHexx;433351]Since we are talking about new guys I figured I would ask here. How much is the travel and relocation expenses?[/QUOTE] 25 grand, no matter the worker or where they're coming from. Back on topic, I completely forgot about Bradford Peverell. He had me sold with just his picture, but the clincher was his wicked left hook, I can see loads of potential with that. I may just sign him to a dev contract...

Swoop McCarthy is a must have for any Australian promotion, and an obvious choice for the majors, i like the fact that Champagne Lover will no longer work anywhere in the states for nothing, it has made the game so much better, and will make diary's far more varied. Im a big fan of the Melbourne Blondes from australia aswell, and im not sure if 08 is his first appearance but Dragon del Arco Iris Jr. in FCW, with some entertainment development he seems like a young rey mysterio jr. to me

[QUOTE=MaxxHexx;433351]Since we are talking about new guys I figured I would ask here. How much is the travel and relocation expenses?[/QUOTE] Travel according to Adam is never more than $2000 per show per performer. I haven't really sat down and tried to compute it. Relocation is a flat $25,000 for any relocation.

[QUOTE=Greg2511;433422]...Dragon del Arco Iris Jr. in FCW, with some entertainment development he seems like a young rey mysterio jr. to me[/QUOTE] Especially when matched against such giants as Titan and Puerto Rican Power. I wonder what the Puerto Rican area code is, as 619 is for San Diego...

[QUOTE=mad5226;433352]What no love for my girl Agent69? I thought for sure she woulda been in BSC this year...guess i'll have to use my own imagination on what she would wear in that company =)[/QUOTE] Agent has the looks, but BSC and AAA both seem to have extremely low turnovers from year to year. Most of the women who were with AAA in TEW05 were there in TEW07 and again in 08, I think AAA only added 3 wrestlers. BSC dropped one of their 2 nurse characters, and added Coco and Lindsey that was it. However, with the women's divisions at both NOTBPW and USPW only having 4 wrestlers each, I'm surprised Agent isn't with one of those. She's not the best wrestler, but she could compete in either, and I'd argue that she's better than Nadia Snow at USPW

[QUOTE=Sigilistic;433399]Indeed. :([/QUOTE] When I do my crazy, start a women's promotion with $250K and nothing more, Ginko always ends up being one of my early hires, even though I do more SE than pure. She's just too useful for training up others. But its not a huge surprise she isn't picked up. She doesn't quite fit at 5SSW which is a little top heavy and not hiring much. AAA has even less turnover, and seems to want the showboat American girls, since they picked up Kate Lilly, Debbie Rose and Jaime Quine. and BSC only cares about looks, it leaves poor Ginko without a real home.

Archived