Why the secrets?

Strictly speaking from a marketing perspective, I do have to agree that the website should be updated to reflect the change in the ETA. Even if it's shifted from Q3 to Fall 2005 or Q4 2005, at least the prospective customer, who may not be one to visit forums, would know that okay, the ETA has been pushed back and they can expect to wait a little while longer. It takes all of a minute to update it and it eliminates a lot of potential confusion from customers who might say "Okay, the end of Q3 is here. Where's the game?" if they're not the forum type.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Jestor]Strictly speaking from a marketing perspective, I do have to agree that the website should be updated to reflect the change in the ETA. Even if it's shifted from Q3 to Fall 2005 or Q4 2005, at least the prospective customer, who may not be one to visit forums, would know that okay, the ETA has been pushed back and they can expect to wait a little while longer. It takes all of a minute to update it and it eliminates a lot of potential confusion from customers who might say "Okay, the end of Q3 is here. Where's the game?" if they're not the forum type.[/QUOTE] This was already done, if you aren't seeing the changes refresh your browser, it should be there.

[QUOTE=Jestor]Strictly speaking from a marketing perspective, I do have to agree that the website should be updated to reflect the change in the ETA. Even if it's shifted from Q3 to Fall 2005 or Q4 2005, at least the prospective customer, who may not be one to visit forums, would know that okay, the ETA has been pushed back and they can expect to wait a little while longer. It takes all of a minute to update it and it eliminates a lot of potential confusion from customers who might say "Okay, the end of Q3 is here. Where's the game?" if they're not the forum type.[/QUOTE] I wouldn't talk about that. Otherwise you might get posts deleted for saying that. :rolleyes:

I agree!!! Your wrong...No he's wrong. I think we should make comitees. Five or ten of you will respond negatively when Arlie posts something and five or ten will defend it. I have read each post. I can say that I am 100% amused. I also cant wait to have the game(or Jennifer Lopez...better wait for the game I guess) however, the fact is simple. The developer of the game will not accept realsing an inferior product to his customers. I for one, feel that is a huge statement to his commitment to qaulity. I feel much more confident that when the game comes out (October or June) it will be very playable and smooth. If it takes more time, then so be it. If you guys are unhappy, then ask for your money back. Oh wait thats right, none of us were asked to pay for anything yet! Stupid me. Here I was kind of agreeing with you. You sent in your hard earned 34 bucks and you were getting ripped off. No, that is not the case, is it? Spend a little more time applauding a company that cares about qaulity and stop ripping a man for doing the right thing. Now, back to my love letters to Jo Lo. Hey who knows, by June, I might have the perfect girl, and the perfect game!

[QUOTE=soonersfaninpa]Your wrong...No he's wrong. I think we should make comitees. Five or ten of you will respond negatively when Arlie posts something and five or ten will defend it. I have read each post. I can say that I am 100% amused. I also cant wait to have the game(or Jennifer Lopez...better wait for the game I guess) however, the fact is simple. The developer of the game will not accept realsing an inferior product to his customers. I for one, feel that is a huge statement to his commitment to qaulity. I feel much more confident that when the game comes out (October or June) it will be very playable and smooth. If it takes more time, then so be it. If you guys are unhappy, then ask for your money back. Oh wait thats right, none of us were asked to pay for anything yet! Stupid me. Here I was kind of agreeing with you. You sent in your hard earned 34 bucks and you were getting ripped off. No, that is not the case, is it? Spend a little more time applauding a company that cares about qaulity and stop ripping a man for doing the right thing. Now, back to my love letters to Jo Lo. Hey who knows, by June, I might have the perfect girl, and the perfect game![/QUOTE] You say you read the thread, yet you completely missed the point, like others. The point of the thread was why they were being secretive about the release date, not why haven't they released the game yet.

I would imagine that if they are in beta testing, this game will surely be out by late November-early December. The better question is, why is this thread still open? We've already answered the question as to what the status of the game is. I would think that Danny and Scott would want to close this thread so as not to receive any more unnecessary negative comments and questions about this game. Let's get rid of this unncecessary topic and keep the topic to legit questions and positive comments about the game.

FWIW, here is what was said earlier. [QUOTE=Arlie Rahn]Guys, the game will not be out by the end of the month. The next couple weeks of testing will determine how far into October the release will end up being. As Smartman said, I don't want to set an arbitrary date until I am 110% sure the game will be ready at that time. I certainly get this process can be frustrating, but my number one goal is making sure the game is ready. If that means that we go a couple weeks (or more) past the initial time window, then that's what has to be done. As we get closer to the demo, I will try and get your guys more info (and screens). All I can ask from you guys is that you try and be patient. The Beta team is doing a phenominal job of finding issues and we are working to correct them ASAP.[/QUOTE]

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE=Celts-Sonics Fan]Thank you for updating the web site (removing Q3). I will check back in late October, all the best on completing this game by November. .[/QUOTE] Where did you see a release date on the web site? I checked all over and even refreshed every page. Maybe they removed it. I guess from this comment you made it said late October? Thanks, Roy

Why don't people learn? Every single person who has posted in this thread about it having to be released soon would be the first ones to flames if they found a single minor bug. Let Arlie and the team do their job and release a fantastic product.

As a veteran of the Tournament Dreams and Total Pro Football release disasters, I'm glad to see that Arlie and company are not rushing the game through the gates just to please the public. Grey Dog has learned from .400's blunders, with Gary's basketball game restoring my confidence in the group. That said, I would hope to see some more screenshots and details about the game soon!

[QUOTE=Chappy]As a veteran of the Tournament Dreams and Total Pro Football release disasters, I'm glad to see that Arlie and company are not rushing the game through the gates just to please the public. Grey Dog has learned from .400's blunders, with Gary's basketball game restoring my confidence in the group. That said, I would hope to see some more screenshots and details about the game soon![/QUOTE] I agree Gary's TPB 2005, actually Grey Dog's was and still is a great game. A note here is TPB 2005 demo was released on October 26th and the game was released on November 1st which is the start of the NBA season. What's my point? Just that we are nearly half way through the College season and no word at all on this game. I don't care about when it was scheduled to be out just what is the deal with it now? I won't post in this thread any more and just be patient. :)

The hard-core sports fan(and who else are text sim games made for anyway) will enjoy the game whether its the season or not. I play TPB out of season, and did play TDCB out of season. The same will be true for BBCF and TCB. Personally one of the reasons I like playing these games is the ability to enjoy the sport, after a fashion, when its the offseason IRL.

[QUOTE=Arlie Rahn]Guys, the game will not be out by the end of the month. The next couple weeks of testing will determine how far into October the release will end up being. As Smartman said, I don't want to set an arbitrary date until I am 110% sure the game will be ready at that time. I certainly get this process can be frustrating, but my number one goal is making sure the game is ready. If that means that we go a couple weeks (or more) past the initial time window, then that's what has to be done. As we get closer to the demo, I will try and get your guys more info (and screens). All I can ask from you guys is that you try and be patient. The Beta team is doing a phenominal job of finding issues and we are working to correct them ASAP.[/QUOTE] It has been 2 1/2 weeks since this post. Would it be possible to give some kind of update? Are we still looking at "how far into October" or are we looking at November now?

Bowl Bound College Football will be made available for digital download exclusively through Grey Dog Software for U.S. $34.95. For now, you can review the Bowl Bound FAQ, Features List and Screenshots. For all of the latest updates, be sure to check out the Bowl Bound News page. If you have any questions about Bowl Bound College Football we'll be happy to assist you on our Website Forums. Should sum it up. Now let it go.

[QUOTE=Tim Plum]Bowl Bound College Football will be made available for digital download exclusively through Grey Dog Software for U.S. $34.95. For now, you can review the Bowl Bound FAQ, Features List and Screenshots. For all of the latest updates, be sure to check out the Bowl Bound News page. If you have any questions about Bowl Bound College Football we'll be happy to assist you on our Website Forums. Should sum it up. Now let it go.[/QUOTE] Sigh. Ok Tim. Wouldn't "Would it be possible to give some kind of update? Are we still looking at "how far into October" or are we looking at November now?" be a question about Bowl Bound College Football that was posted on the website forums? Isn't that what you just posted ask us to do?

The question of when BBCF will be released has been answered by the removal of an exact date or date range. As Arlie said when its ready to be released we'll all know, but until that time bugging, asking, cajoling or nagging serve no purpose but to enflame.

[QUOTE=Tim Plum]The question of when BBCF will be released has been answered by the removal of an exact date or date range. As Arlie said when its ready to be released we'll all know, but until that time bugging, asking, cajoling or nagging serve no purpose but to enflame.[/QUOTE] Gotcha. So the only questions we're allowed to ask are ones that praise the game, or maker in general, and not anything that might be construed as possibly questioning the produict or developer. Thanks for clearing that up.

So, Mike D, I guess you're going to badger Gary until his game comes out and you badgered your sainted Adam Ryland until his game got released too? Or is it more that you're mad you weren't on the beta? I've said it, Tim has said, and Arlie who is coding the game has said. THE GAME WILL BE RELEASED WHEN IT IS READY AND ONCE IT IS READY THE RELEASE DATE WILL BE SET, PERIOD! This is exactly how Grey Dog does their business on ALL their games. Is it slightly annoying? To some it is because they evidently have to spend a certain amount of money each month or quarter on games so they need to know precisely, months in advance, when games are going to be released. Hell, The Movies has been reported as going gold yet it is being released in Nov. At least with Grey Dog games, when the game is ready, you'll be able to get it within a couple of days. So, just chill out. Arlie and the beta team will get it out for all of us to buy when it is ready.

[QUOTE=smartman]So, Mike D, I guess you're going to badger Gary until his game comes out and[/QUOTE] No because I don't plan on buying the college basketball game. [QUOTE=smartman]you badgered your sainted Adam Ryland until his game got released too?[/QUOTE] No, sorry I didn't buy any of Adam's games, nor do I plan on buying any of them. Not my cup of tea. [QUOTE=smartman]Or is it more that you're mad you weren't on the beta?[/QUOTE] Nah, I've never, ever complained about not being chosen as a Beta tester, nor do I plan on it. They have a set standard of what they are looking in testers, and they feel that they have on hand the right people. [QUOTE=smartman]blah, blah, blah[/QUOTE] Look, I wasn't the one who bumped this thread to say anything. I had already said my peace about it, and didn't plan on say anything. However, what I am tired of, is people like you, and Tim and anyone else who [B]DOESN'T WORK FOR GREYDOG SOFTWARE[/B] trying to dictate the questions we are allowed to ask. The page that Tim so eloquently quoted said "[B][I]If you have any questions about Bowl Bound College Football we'll be happy to assist you on our Website Forums.[/I][/B]" Wouldn't asking a question about an update of the game, posted in these forums, be exactly what they are saying we could ask? And I also don't see where it's stated on that page a list of questions we aren't allowed to ask, nor do I see it anywhere that states that the answers from people who don't work for Greydog Software to be sufficent answers to any questions we asked.

Archived