With what type of wrestlers should you use this booking note for and when is the best time to use it? It sounds like a very useful tool when used properly but when I use it it never really seems to make a difference.

[QUOTE=FINisher;459604]I use it in almost all of my matches.[/QUOTE] Same. When I usually don't its because its going to be a really good match very earlier in the card, which can then cause the next segment to be a letdown. Instead try "work the crowd", as then the fans won't get burned out when your two upper-midcarders with positive chemistry open the show and get followed by a midcarder kicking the crap out of an opener. Otherwise, I can't see a reason to not use it. Just because a monster is set to dominate some poor lowercarder doesn't mean they can't go out and still put on a good match in the process.

I usually try a roller coaster ride in terms of how I use the Work Crowd and All Out match notes. Something like this for an match card. 1 Work Crowd (get the crowd situated with a nice match) 2 Normal 3 Normal 4 All Out (Generally a title match or one that continues a major story) 5 Work Crowd (to give the fans a chance to rest) 6 Normal 7 Normal 8 All Out (Main Event is the match of the night and I always All out the Main event)

I use work the crowd, all out match and open match nearly every match. That to me just says that my workers are trying to get the fans into the match, their busting their ass in the match, and each one is showcasing their offense and waht they can do. Thats what those say to me. Although I have to say I see nearly no ratings difference between using and not using these. I would think that if you find guys with good chemistry and you want to use them more than three times. If you wait tillt he fourth time to use all out match and then work th crowd the next then both together the time after that you could atleast have a shot at continuing to increase their match rating but I suppose its not how its supposed to work.

I use work the crowd almost more so than I use "All out Match" but then again I'm booking the SWF. In most cases the matches come out better it seems with that note, however, I will do "all out" at the PPV's mostly and maybe a big match on TV at some point.

[quote=Apupunchau@optonline;459734]I usually try a roller coaster ride in terms of how I use the Work Crowd and All Out match notes. Something like this for an match card. 1 Work Crowd (get the crowd situated with a nice match) 2 Normal 3 Normal 4 All Out (Generally a title match or one that continues a major story) 5 Work Crowd (to give the fans a chance to rest) 6 Normal 7 Normal 8 All Out (Main Event is the match of the night and I always All out the Main event)[/quote] Aren't the last two matches weighted for the show rating? Wouldn't it make more sense to All Out the final two matches instead of just the last one? Otherwise this pattern seems to make sense. Also, wouldn't dark matches work into the peaks and valleys? I typically always use Work Crowd on my dark matches.

[QUOTE=Wallbanger;459768]Aren't the last two matches weighted for the show rating? Wouldn't it make more sense to All Out the final two matches instead of just the last one? Otherwise this pattern seems to make sense.[/QUOTE] The problem is, if your Co-Main Event is better than your Main Event, it can damage your Main Events performance, resulting in a bigger loss than you can guy due to a great Co-Main Event. That's why I only put "All Out" on the Main Event, what gives a bigger chance, that the ME is better than the (otherwise also very good) Co-Main Event.

As WWE/SWF who I predominantly play as, I tend to use it once or twice per show max, mostly with main events or lengthy matches in the middle of the show, with guys who have good psychology and stamina. However a lot depends on what I want to follow it; this applies in particular with main events, as if I want an important seg such as a lengthy attack to follow it then going all out will hinder the ratings. A B+ match followed by a B+ seg is preferable to an A match followed by a B rated seg in terms of momentum and storyline heat.

[QUOTE=Stennick;459754]I use work the crowd, all out match and open match nearly every match. That to me just says that my workers are trying to get the fans into the match, their busting their ass in the match, and each one is showcasing their offense and waht they can do. Thats what those say to me. Although I have to say I see nearly no ratings difference between using and not using these. I would think that if you find guys with good chemistry and you want to use them more than three times. If you wait tillt he fourth time to use all out match and then work th crowd the next then both together the time after that you could atleast have a shot at continuing to increase their match rating but I suppose its not how its supposed to work.[/QUOTE] The reason you're not seeing any difference is probably due to the fact that work the crowd and all-out match almost certainly cancel each other out.

I generally use it for the match before the main event and the main event... plus, any match that I'm guessing isn't going to be very good and needs every boost it can get (i.e., most things involving Giant Redwood). I'm not sure that it actually helps the "bad" matches, as, anecdotally, I feel like someone like Redwood performs better if I don't tell him to go all out. More testing is required!

[QUOTE=Wallbanger;459768]Aren't the last two matches weighted for the show rating? Wouldn't it make more sense to All Out the final two matches instead of just the last one? Otherwise this pattern seems to make sense. Also, wouldn't dark matches work into the peaks and valleys? I typically always use Work Crowd on my dark matches.[/QUOTE] All Out as far as I understand it is getting the crowd so into a match that it even tires them out. I don't want to make the secondary main event so powerful that the fans are burned out before the main event shows up. This is also why I don't use All Out every match because it just burns out the fans. As far as I know All Out and Work the crowd are mutually exclusive. As All Out is a balls to the wall intense fast paced match where as Work the Crowd isn't just getting them into the match but slowing things down so the fans can follow it without having a blinding pace to keep track of. Maybe you can all out the main and secondary main in an SE fed as you can throw 10 minutes of angles between them to help settle the crowd but I don't run feds that use angles so I can't do that.

[QUOTE=d_w_w;459798]I generally use it for the match before the main event and the main event... plus, any match that I'm guessing isn't going to be very good and needs every boost it can get (i.e., most things involving Giant Redwood). I'm not sure that it actually helps the "bad" matches, as, anecdotally, I feel like someone like Redwood performs better if I don't tell him to go all out. More testing is required![/QUOTE] I would never use All Out in a match with Giant Redwood. Why tell a guy who can barely hold together a short slow match to give it his all. The risk of botching a move or generally forgetting where what he's suppose to be doing is too great. Hell in a Giant Redwood match I would Protect REdwood and work the crowd so the match is a much slower pace and he can maybe manage not to screw it up.

[QUOTE=Apupunchau@optonline;459812]I would never use All Out in a match with Giant Redwood. Why tell a guy who can barely hold together a short slow match to give it his all. The risk of botching a move or generally forgetting where what he's suppose to be doing is too great. Hell in a Giant Redwood match I would Protect REdwood and work the crowd so the match is a much slower pace and he can maybe manage not to screw it up.[/QUOTE] lol, it's so true. I usually protect him, but yeah, I'm pretty sure the "all out" is what hurt the three-way match in the first PPV in my diary. I'm going to get that fat jerk in shape, if it's the last thing I do :eek:

A big difference also is in the 'All-Out' matches, the workers will pick up less skills than from a regualr match, e.g. if you put a youngster against a veteran to try and improve his performance skills say, and used 'all-out', he wouldn't learn as much because he'd just be pulling out big moves and focusing on putting on a great match, not learning things that could improve him. Obviously if it's someone like Cornell, who couldn't really learn much more at all, you'd be safe.

[QUOTE=Mtm2k6;459916]A big difference also is in the 'All-Out' matches, the workers will pick up less skills than from a regualr match, e.g. if you put a youngster against a veteran to try and improve his performance skills say, and used 'all-out', he wouldn't learn as much because he'd just be pulling out big moves and focusing on putting on a great match, not learning things that could improve him. Obviously if it's someone like Cornell, who couldn't really learn much more at all, you'd be safe.[/QUOTE] Proof ??

Archived