The thread wherein we confess our ignorance

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ooh I see this becoming a big thread if people get the guts to confess lol. Hmm what don't I know or didn't I know. I thought Warren Tecnique was 32 instead of 22 years old for some reason. Must be lots more will post once realise them or remember them. General start ignorance looking at the quick view of skills instead of opening the profile and looking. Especially on the performance stats it can be quite misleading. Hence one of my suggestion threads.

If mistaking a worker's stats due to their appearance counts, I have loads. Findlay O'Farraday blatantly looks 35 at the very youngest, when he's only 23 :p Simiarly, if Marshall Dillon is 19, I'm my own mother. Dude looks at LEAST 29. Cyclone looks like a girl, to the extent that I pushed 'her' as such for four months, before 'she' started dating Carolina and I twigged.

[QUOTE=shamelessposer;484156]Until this week I didn't know how a player was supposed to run a touring promotion. I also didn't realize that Des Davids was black. I was always under the assumption that he had a nice tan and was standing in a poorly-lit room at the time his picture was taken.[/QUOTE] Something similar... I always assumed Knuckles and Shady K were both black... turns out Knuckles is white. And after a great deal of guessing, I found out that Professor is American but of Pacific descent. I always assumed he was a white guy from Israel or South Africa.

Well dang, there are lots of black people that I didn't realize in the game. I thought Shady K and Knuckles were both white wanna be gangster(gangsta?) types. Vikki Victoria made me do a double take and reread his bio three times before I figured out what sex he was. I thought it was a typo when I saw it was supposed to be a guy. I thought someone had made one UGLY woman, but still a woman.

[QUOTE=Sons of Kohral;484346]I also like how Vikki Victoria is heterosexual[/QUOTE] So is Adrian Street. It's just a gimmick. Or it isn't a gimmick, Vikki is a Male To Female transsexual. I'm gonna take a deep breath here, and then start going into a subject I know a lot about due to interpersonal and political necessity. If you ignore or forget everything else I say, please just remember that you're supposed to use pronouns relating to what the person likes to be called rather than by what their sub-waist equipment might indicate. It's on about the same level of rude as repeatedly insisting an acquaintance isn't from the country she says she is, while playing a Paulie Shore mix tape. If she's pre-op and into men, then under the traditional straight-gay scale she'd be homosexual. If she's post-op and into men, then she's heterosexual. ...kinda. Really, the way pop culture handles the gay/bi/straight line is overly complicated or overly simplified when you get into transgender issues. Most of the transsexuals I have personally known have been bi. It's not a change that you make to your body because of who you want to be with; it's a change that you make to become the person you really are, under the skin. And I guess that having played for both teams is enough to make someone openminded on stuff like who it's okay to date. Rather than "I'm a lesbian" you'd probably hear "I like girls" (girls, of course, including other post-ops) or "I like guys and girls" or "I like boys" (boys, of course, including other post-ops). Or it could be that Vikki's gimmick comes from some basis in reality and he/she is a transvestite. Which really just means feeling more comfortable in clothes of one particular kind than in others, with no interest in gender reassignment surgery. I really do suggest, by the way, that every guy wear a skirt once or twice. It provides a really surprising amount of freedom... but then you reach for a pocket and realize there's none to be found. Wore a prom dress to school the day after being elected Homecoming King, flowers and crown and sash and everything. My senior yearbook had the best cover ever. :D

I can never believe that Ricky Douglas is just in his early twenties, as is Findlay O'Farraday also. Both guys look like 30+.. And yes, I also thought that Cyclone was female, sh.. he had such a clean and bright, feminine face. I have never payed any attention to nationality or race in TEW -series, so all my "confess my ignorance" things are related to age, with the exception of Cyclone. :)

Why? Triple H was only in his early thirties when he was at his peak. If something happened to Vince, you'd have to go pretty far to find someone who'd find it strange for Trips to have inherited the company at that point (sure, logically it would've gone to Shane. But if it DID go to Trips, which is my point, I'm pretty sure nobody would be saying it was 'stupid'). Mike Quackenbush owned his own promotion aged 26 (and still does, aged 32). It's not 'stupid' at all.It's a little irregular, sure, but it's Tommy Freakin' Cornell. He's hardly the most normal guy. Especially when you consider that the guy he bought it off is only 27, so would've been 25 when he owned it, and thus even younger when he started it.

Going with the Ricky Douglas thing, I took over MAW in one game and decided to push it exclusively as a young wrestler camp type promotion barring a few veterans to train, so released Douglas thinking he was about 38. I probably would have released him anyway, but when I saw his age I was like WHAT. I don't know whether you'd call it ignorance or stupidity, but once I pushed Chuchi Sanda to the BHOTWG World title just because I liked his beard.

Archived