The GDS - WWE 2008 Awards

sebsy

Well here it is, the WWE 2008 Awards as voted for by the great GDS users. [B]Favourite Diva[/B] - We all like to look at the sexy Divas, but who is your favourite? [B]Best Tag Team[/B] - Who has been the best Tag Team this year? [B]Most Improved Superstar[/B] - This is different to Breakout in that it could be anyone from Orton to Jimmy Wang Yang [B]Best On Mic[/B] - Who cuts the best promo [B]Most Under-Utilised Superstar[/B] - The Superstar you think isn't given the chance or push they deserve [B]Breakout Superstar[/B] - This is more along the lines of someone who has been with the company for a while but has suddenly startd to become far more noticable. [B]Worst Feud[/B] - What has been the most pointless feud, that you really couldn't have cared less about? [B]Worst Storyline[/B] - We all know there have been some bad ones, but what's been the worst this year? [B]Worst Superstar[/B] - Which Superstar do you like the least and would be more than happy to see released [B]Worst Wrestler[/B] - Who is the worst in ring performer? [B]Most Overrated[/B] - Which Wrestler do you feel is given far more of a push than they deserve [B]Most Annoying/Hated Character[/B] - Who do you just despise or cringe at whenever they appear [B]Best PPV[/B] - What has been the best PPV of the year? [B]Best In-Ring Performer[/B] - Who is the best this year based solely on In-Ring performance? [B]Most Entertaining[/B] - Which Superstar has provided you with the most smiles or cheers this year? [B]Most Unbelievable Release[/B] - Which released Superstar do you think should have never been released from the company? [B]Best Heel Performance[/B] - Who has been the best Heel in the WWE this year? [B]Best Face Performance[/B] - Who has been the best Face in the WWE this year? [B]Best Newcomer[/B] - Which Superstar who debuted in 2008 or at the very end of 2007, has been the best? [B]Next Big Thing![/B] - Which Superstar would you most like to see pushed in to the Main Event scene of 2009? [B]Feud Of The Year[/B] - Which has been your favourite feud of 2008? [B]Match Of The Year[/B] - It could be from a PPV or a regular RAW, SD or even ECW [B]Best WWE Superstar 2008![/B] - The top award! Which Superstar do you love the most overall, that everytime they appear you are entertained. The best overall performer this year in the WWE! So there you are, 23 categories, with the biggest award left til last and the others in pretty much no specific order. Get your votes in now! I will vote myself later :)

Only watched a handful of full shows this year but I do watch highlights on Youtube when something interesting happens;

Favourite Diva - Mickie James

Best Tag Team - Jesse & Festus

Most Improved Superstar - Kelly Kelly (compared to when she first started how can you NOT vote for her?)

Best On Mic - Chris Jericho

Most Under-Utilised Superstar - CM Punk

Breakout Superstar - Dolph Ziggler

Worst Feud - Vladmir Kozlov vs Triple H (WHY is Kozlov allowed to even be on TV?)

Worst Storyline - I believe that would be the storyline of Mike Knox being allowed on TV near talented workers like Rey.

Worst Superstar - Batista

Worst Wrestler - Batista

Most Overrated - Batista

Most Annoying/Hated Character - Ran.... nah, Batista again

Best PPV - Haven't seen a full one, so no vote there

Best In-Ring Performer - Chris Jericho

Most Entertaining - Chris Jericho

Most Unbelievable Release - Paul London... they kept SNITSKY over him?!

Best Heel Performance - Chris Jericho

Best Face Performance - John Cena (take away the marks booing him and he does his job as a face very, very well)

Best Newcomer - Would Truth count since he came back?

Next Big Thing! - Kofi Kingston

Feud Of The Year - Chris Jericho vs. HBK.... mostly cause it's the ONLY feud that was actually given enough time to develop and be utilized.

Match Of The Year - Ric Flair vs. HBK from Wrestlemania, only match for me that had any emotion going into it

Best WWE Superstar 2008! - Chris Jericho

Favourite Diva - Mickie James - Gorgeous and the way she bounces down to the ring is great, so bubbly.

Best Tag Team - Rhodes and DiBiase - Not many to choose from but I'll go for Rhodes and DiBiase as they both have a lot of potential and they've looked good as a tag team

Most Improved Superstar - Jeff Hardy - Some great matches from him this year and he's got so much better on the mic. His in-ring work has also come on leaps and bounds

Best On Mic - Chris Jericho - The guy just cuts one hell of a promo. I'll give an honourable mention to Orton. Yes that's right ;)

Most Under-Utilised Superstar - I so want to say Val Venis here. Kane is the obvious one. and MVP could easily be in the Main Event scene by now.

Breakout Superstar - The Brian Kendrick - Not my favourite out of him and London, but he's still good and he's been given a chance and the fact he's been in a Title match, albeit perhaps to make up the numbers in the Championship Scramble mean I can't really name anyone else who's made the move up that he has.

Worst Feud - Hard to think of any feuds that have gone enough distance to acually consider them a feud but the only one I can think of is Regal vs Noble.

Worst Storyline - Hard to pick a winner. Adamle slapping Orton and a week later resigning due to pressure, Vince McMahon almost being killed and just disappearing off the screen and Vickie as GM of SD could all be mentioned

Worst Superstar - Mark Henry - Just so generic

Worst Wrestler - Khali - All he has is powermoves.

Most Overrated - Not actually sure on this one. Possibly Khali. Really not sure.

Most Annoying/Hated Character - Vickie Guerrero - Enough said!

Best PPV - Wrestlemania! What else

Best In-Ring Performer - Jericho - Not sure what more I can add to be fair.

Most Entertaining - Santino Marella - What a character! He's a heel, yet you cheer every time he appears because he is so damn entertaining. His attempts at performing Melina's entrance were just pure comedy gold

Most Unbelievable Release - Paul London - The guy is great. He and Kendrick made a superb tag team and much like Christian, his release is baffling. (Yes before anyone says, Christian chose not to sign a new contract, but it was because he was being poorly used considering his talents and London has similarly been overlooked)

Best Heel Performance - It's between Edge and Jericho but I'm going to side with Edge here simply because he is the ultimate opportunist

Best Face Performance - Probably Cena. Even with all the obvious hate, he's still getting a hell of a lot of cheers. He just knows what to do.

Best Newcomer - Ted DiBiase JR. - I like him. Thought he cut some good promos when he debuted and he has obvious talent in the ring. Hopefully his current injury doesn't hold him back too long.

Next Big Thing! - I'm going to say Mr Kennedy. This has got to be his year. The guy is so talented, he's just had a couple of unlucky injuries at inopportune times. Great on the mic and quality in the ring. Give him a chance and he could carry the company well imo. Also as a secondary option, John Morrison, the guy is talented and if he breaks away from Miz in 09, big things should await.

Feud Of The Year - HBK vs Y2J - This feud has been so well done. It's actually been built up properly and combining that with the talents of both of these men has provided a feud that really pulled you in

Match Of The Year - HBK vs Ric Flair @ Wrestlemania 24 - What a match, pure emotion, a fantastically scripted match and a brilliant ending, stole the show

Best WWE Superstar 2008! - Chris Jericho - The guy has been awesome in his feud with HBK and plays his character so brilliantly. Great in the ring and on the mic, it's hard to see him being without the top belt for too long.

Favourite Diva - Victoria

Best Tag Team - Miz N' Morrison

Most Improved Superstar - The Miz

Most Under-Utilised Superstar - CM Punk

Breakout Superstar - The Brian Kendrick

Worst Feud - Rey Mysterio vs Kane

Worst Storyline - Everything that had Rey and Kane together

Worst Superstar - Snitsky

Worst Wrestler - Snisky

Most Overrated - Rey Mysterio

Most Annoying/Hated Character - Triple H

Best PPV - WrestleMania 24

Best In-Ring Performer - Shawn Micheals

Most Unbelievable Release - "Black Jesus" Elijah Burke

Best Heel Performance - Edge

Best Face Performance - Tie between Batista and John Cena

Best Newcomer - Kofi Kingston

Next Big Thing! - Evan Bourne

Feud Of The Year - Chris Jericho vs. HBK

Match Of The Year - Ric Flair vs. HBK from Wrestlemania

Best WWE Superstar 2008! - Y2J

Favourite Diva - Beth Phoenix

Best Tag Team - Miz and Morrison

Most Improved Superstar - Miz

Best On Mic - HBK

Most Under-Utilised Superstar - Shelton Benjamin

Breakout Superstar - Santino

Worst Feud - Kane vs Rey

Worst Storyline - Kane vs Rey

Worst Superstar - Mike Knox

Worst Wrestler - Candice Michelle

Most Overrated - Candice Michelle

Most Annoying/Hated Character - Batista

Best PPV - Wrestle Mania

Best In-Ring Performer - HBK

Most Entertaining - Santino

Most Unbelievable Release - Lance Cade

Best Face Performance - HBK

Best Newcomer - Ted Dibiase Jr.

Next Big Thing! - CM Punk

Feud Of The Year - ?? (none really)

Match Of The Year - HBK vs Flair Wrestle Mania

Best WWE Superstar 2008! - HBK

Favourite Diva - I can only choose one? Oh well... Mickie James, as always. :D

Best Tag Team - Miz and Morrison... which surprises me, cos I still don't like Miz but I do love Morrison

Most Improved Superstar - Jeff Hardy, he's really proved he can be a main event player and I love it.

Best On Mic - Shawn Michaels really... but Santino is a close second :p

Most Under-Utilised Superstar - John Morrison. He's the next Shawn Michaels.

Breakout Superstar - John Morrison again.

Worst Feud - Hornswoggle vs Jamie Noble.

Worst Storyline - Hornswoggle doing anything, specially the bits with Carlito or Noble...

Worst Superstar - Mark Henry. For ten years he was big, immobile, injury prone and charisma free... so when his contract expired, the WWE renewed it... and gave him a babysitter. I mean... SERIOUSLY!!!!

Worst Wrestler - Sadly, it's the Great Khali. I really want to say Mark Henry but we know it's not true.

Most Overrated - Batista... he's got the look, but his character is just so bland. I mean... why are we supposed to care about him exactly?

Most Annoying/Hated Character - Hacksaw Jim Duggan.

Best PPV - Sadly haven't seen them all, so I'm just going to go with the one I remember most... Wrestlemania.

Best In-Ring Performer - Same as always, Shawn Michaels.

Most Entertaining - Santino Marella!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Most Unbelievable Release - Elijah Burke... the man is money waiting to happen

Best Heel Performance - I'm gonna say Orton... but I always mark for him so not sure he counts as a heel. :p

Best Face Performance - Jeff Hardy, the man is one of the top two babyfaces and he doesn't do it the cheap way

Best Newcomer - Kozlov. He's going to break you, mark my words!! :)

Next Big Thing! - John Morrison, he's got "it"

Feud Of The Year - Jericho vs Michaels, but everything HBK done leading up to it was great too

Match Of The Year - Flair vs HBK, I cried like a girl which has to mean something.

Best WWE Superstar 2008! - Santino Marella. He's been entertaining as hell all year round, from his stuff with Maria leading up to mania, messing with The King, Glamarella, The Honkymeter and much more besides... he's just awesome and it's no surprise that I've tuned in to his segments more than any other part of RAW this year. I love Santino, long live his weasely heel ways!

Favourite Diva - Michellle McCool

Best Tag Team - Miz and Marrison

Most Improved Superstar - Kofi Kingston

Most Under-Utilised Superstar - Kane

Breakout Superstar - Santino Morella

Worst Feud - Rey Mysterio vs Kane

Worst Storyline - Kane and wanting to remove Mysterios mask

Worst Superstar - Great Khali

Worst Wrestler - Great Khali

Most Overrated - Great Kahli

Most Annoying/Hated Character - Jillian

Best PPV - Royal Rumble

Best In-Ring Performer - Shawn Micheals

Most Entertaining - Undertaker

Most Unbelievable Release - Elijah Burke

Best Face Performance - Shawn Micheals

Next Big Thing! - Santino Morella

Feud Of The Year - HBK vs Jericho

Match Of The Year - Jericho/HBK ladder match

Favourite Diva - Mickie James.

-She's the most over diva in the WWE at the moment, and she's effin sexy, good on the looks.

Even though I hate them both with a passion.

Most Improved Superstar - Jeff Hardy

This man has come a LONG way. He's now a dangerous threat and definitely main-event material.

Best On Mic - A tie between Jericho and Orton. I'll pick Jericho, by a cinch.

Awesome promos he's cut off, time and time again. He's really showed his colors as World champion.

Most Under-Utilised Superstar - Mr. Kennedy

WHAT THE HELL. MAKE HIM DO SOMETHING, YOU A-HOLES.

Breakout Superstar - Randy Orton

I know he was already noticeable, and has been for a while, but god damn.. he just shined this year, whatnot with retaining at WrestleMania, his promos.. I used to hate him, but now he's one of my favorite superstars. Bar none.

Worst Feud - Was about to say JBL/HBK but this feud just got interesting. I'll say.. Regal/Noble?

Worst Storyline - McMahon's Million Dollar Mania's crap. And the way it ended.

I know it'll never happen, but..

Worst Wrestler - Batista

Need I say more?

Most Overrated - A tie between Batista and Mark Henry.

Both of them.. ugh.

Most Annoying/Hated Character - John Cena

Yes, I know the guy works hard and has passion and blah blah blah, and I do like him for that, but his CHARACTER is dreadful. Once again, yes I know he's all about the kids, but must they really make him Captain Obvious on helium, also hyping matches like Gene Okerlund with a stick up his ass?

Best PPV - Unforgiven

The night Jericho won the World title. That was legendary and will never be forgotten. And the guy just wrestled a four-star street fight match minutes earlier!

Best In-Ring Performer - Evan Bourne

Consistent in the ring. I look forward to when he gets back.

My man. Awesome promos all around, hell since the start of the freakin' year. That promo against JBL on January was gold.

Stupid schtick. I mean, Lance Cade, I can understand. OD'ing on a plane isn't bright. Paul London? Was always a trouble backstage. But Burke.. oh, Burke..

Best Heel Performance - Edge.

He had some of the biggest heat, always getting under your skin. Orton and Vickie are honorable mentions.

Best Face Performance - Shawn Michaels or Jeff Hardy... I'll say Jeff.

Cena also deserves a mention.

Best Newcomer - Evan Bourne

Awesome dude. Love Sydal.

Next Big Thing! - Evan Bourne

OH YEAH, BABY, PUSH HIM TO THE TOP

Feud Of The Year - Chris Jericho/HBK

Nothing short of awesome.

Match Of The Year - Ric Flair vs. HBK.

I'm putting this on solely because Flair put on the performance of his life, at such an age even. Instead of flopping around the ring like a fish like he's been doing the past few years.

End of. He worked up from his flopped return, and made his way back to the main-event, before winning his first World title in 7 years. And he stays consistent on the mic and in the ring during all that. No question.

Favourite Diva - Layla

Best Tag Team - Miz & Morrison

Most Improved Superstar - ?

Most Under-Utilised Superstar - Paul Burchill

Breakout Superstar - The Miz

Worst Feud - Kane vs Rey Misterio (didnt seem right, seemed they threw it together, like it was gonna go one direction but rey came back and they changed it.)

Worst Storyline - Kane vs Rey Misterio (didnt seem right, seemed they threw it together, like it was gonna go one direction but rey came back and they changed it.)

Worst Superstar - The Great Khali

Worst Wrestler - The Great Khali

Most Overrated - Batista; He has a look, that's it...

Most Annoying/Hated Character - Batista

Best PPV - Only saw Wrestlemania, so...

Best In-Ring Performer - Chris Jericho

Most Entertaining - Santino Marella

Most Unbelievable Release - Paul London

Best Face Performance - CM Punk

Next Big Thing! - CM Punk; as a heel...

Feud Of The Year - Chris Jericho vs Shawn Michaels

Match Of The Year - Ric Flair vs Shawn Michaels

Favourite Diva - Beth Pheonix

Best Tag Team -

Most Improved Superstar - Brian Kendrick

Best On Mic - Cena

Most Under-Utilised Superstar - Carlito

Breakout Superstar - Jeff Hardy!

Worst Feud - Kane vs. Mystereo

Worst Storyline - McMahon's Kid.

Worst Superstar - Vladi Koslov

Worst Wrestler - Khali

Most Overrated - Batista

Most Annoying/Hated Character - Regal

Best PPV - n/a

Best In-Ring Performer - Jeff Hardy

Most Entertaining - Jeff Hardy

Most Unbelievable Release - PAUL LONDON!

Best Heel Performance - Santino

Best Face Performance - jeff Hardy

Feud Of The Year - jeff vs. HHH

Match Of The Year - Royal Rumble

Best WWE Superstar 2008! - JEFF HARDY!

Favourite Diva - Beth Phoenix

She's been great, and she's carried everyone not named Mickie James in what's been a great year for women's wrestling.

Nobody else is even close.

He's been huge this year.

Best On Mic - Jericho

Who else? While his Batista feud wasn't great, his promos have been incredible.

Most Under-Utilised Superstar - Elijah Burke

He's green, but he had charisma and athleticism.

Breakout Superstar - CM Punk

Punk may not get the most consistent push, but he's way over and consistently puts on great matches.

Worst Feud - Kane vs Rey

What was the pay-off to all of that crap?

Worst Storyline - The Stage Falls on Mr. McMahon

McMahon's millions was retardedly stupid, and had an equally terrible ending, especially being the anniversary of the infamous limo explosion.

The stalest, most overexposed character out there. He hasn't had a memorable feud since Undertaker, and that was what, two years ago?

Worst Wrestler - Candice Michelle

Came back super sloppy, stuck out like a red thumb in an improved division.

Most Overrated - Triple H

He's not a very good face, and hasn't done much of interest on Smackdown. Maybe that'll change now that he's not champ.

Most Annoying/Hated Character - Jillian

I mean that in a good way.

Best PPV - One Night Stand

Best In-Ring Performer - HBK

From Flair to Jericho, HBK has had plenty of great matches.

Most Entertaining - Santino

He's been great.

He's got way more upside than Shelton Benjamin, who is never going above where he's at.

Best Heel Performance - Edge

"Crazy" Edge was amazing

Best Face Performance - HBK

He's been solid.

He's got a good look and has really gotten proficient at adapting his style to the WWE. He honestly reminds me of a very green Rob Van Dam.

Next Big Thing! - John Morrison

Morrison has the look, and his ring-work and charisma have improved. He's a memorable feud from being a top guy. I like him to be the next HBK far more than Brian Kendrick

Feud Of The Year - 'Taker/Edge

Match Of The Year - Edge/Taker at Summerslam

Best WWE Superstar 2008! - Edge

Favourite Diva - Mickie James. Oh Mickie, you so fine.

Best Tag Team - Miz and Morrison. Sad state of tag team wrestling.

Most Improved Superstar - Randy Orton. He doesn't bore me to tears anymore.

Best On Mic - Santino Marella. No contest, in my mind.

Most Under-Utilised Superstar - Kane. Seems like they could do more with him.

Breakout Superstar - Jeff Hardy. Finally breaking into the upper crust.

Worst Feud - Undertaker vs. Vickie/Edge. Entirely because of Vickie.

Worst Storyline - Vickie the GM.

Worst Superstar - Mike Knox. Lousy in the ring and boring.

Worst Wrestler - The Great Khali. The guy just can't wrestle.

Most Overrated - Batista. Boring.

Most Annoying/Hated Character - Mike Knox. I don't know if he has a character or not, but man... I can't stand this guy.

Best PPV - No vote here, since I haven't really watched anything since the Royal Rumble and I can't remember if I liked that or not.

Best In-Ring Performer - Shawn Michaels. Still fun to watch.

Most Entertaining - Santino Marella. The guy is gold.

Most Unbelievable Release - Elijah Burke. He had the look, the charisma, and some in-ring promise.

Best Heel Performance - Chris Jericho. Nuff said.

Best Face Performance - CM Punk. I wanted to pick Jeff, but, for whatever reason, I've been able to get behind CM Punk more than anyone this year.

Best Newcomer - Kofi Kingston. I think I saw him working at a house show before this year, but I'm pretty sure his on-TV debut was early this year. I like him. He's fun.

Next Big Thing! - CM Punk. I know he won the belt, but he seemed to get depushed pretty quickly.

Feud Of The Year - Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho. Kind of dragged on at the end, but still better than anything else I can remember.

Match Of The Year - Shawn Michaels vs. Ric Flair. How can it be anything else?

Best WWE Superstar 2008! - Chris Jericho. He's top-notch in the ring, great on the microphone, and has a fantastic gimmick. And I still like his music :p

Favourite Diva - Melina (Although Layla does run a close second.)

Best Tag Team - Miz & Morrison (Sheer dominance, albeit over a somewhat depleted group.)

Most Improved Superstar - Jeff Hardy (I think he's taken his game to a whole new level, pardon the pun.)

Best On Mic - Chris Jericho (Even more impressive when you consider he's one of the few who still writes his own promos.)

Most Under-Utilised Superstar - William Regal (I think Regal is a total package, with his ability to wrestle, his smooth, yet deliberate promos, etc. I understand reasons why he isn't a main event player, but it doesn't mean I agree with it.)

Breakout Superstar - THE Brian Kendrick (New look Kendrick is a superstar in the making, so long as the company doesn't drop the ball with him.)

Worst Feud - Kane vs. Mysterio (My biggest problem with the whole story was the awkwardness of it all. Kane hates masks, so he beats up Rey, loses, and forgets why he started the whole mess ... riiiiight ... )

Worst Storyline - The Edge/Vickie Saga (To quote Guns n' Roses ... "Sometimes I feel like I'm beating a dead horse ...")

Worst Superstar - Batista (I still, for the life of me, grasp what his character is .. besides incredibly annoying.)

Worst Wrestler - The Great Khali (I can see the appeal, storywise, or whatever, but he has such a limited skillset, and is plagued by injuries, or simply size, that he just lumbers.)

Most Overrated - Mark Henry (Being propelled to the world title, even the saturated ECW belt, is further than I think Henry should've ever gone.)

Most Annoying/Hated Character - Vickie Guerrero (Something about the way she carries herself that makes me cringe.)

Best PPV - Royal Rumble (If for no other reason, it was one of those nights when I was generally surprised.)

Best In-Ring Performer - Randy Orton (May seem like an odd choice, but Orton has a knack for knowing how to structure a match, especially from the heel side of things. He's crisp, precise, and builds up the suspense to that hunting RKO.)

Most Entertaining - Santino Marella (Put up da Honk-a-meta!)

Most Unbelievable Release - Elijah Burke (Factually speaking, I think this should go to Lance Cade, considering his placement on the card at the time, but Burke was such a complete package. Wasted.)

Best Heel Performance - Edge (From the arrogant Rated R superstar to the crazed husband, Edge has played the villain to a T.)

Best Face Performance - John Cena (Cena has made the babyface an art form. And I say that as someone who isn't a "fan" persay.)

Best Newcomer - Kofi Kingston (Entertaining, growing by leaps and bounds, and successful ... Kofi's had a rock solid year.)

Next Big Thing! - MVP (Since we're talking main event scene, I'll go with Montel Vontavious Porter. If you were to ask me who will eventually break out, I'd have to put my money on Nic "Dolph Ziggler" Nemeth.)

Feud Of The Year - HBK vs. Jericho (This was an awesome feud. The way it was built up, the turning of Jericho, because the fans are hypocrites, the injuring of Michaels, to the almost retirement, everything was there. Sure, there were minor missteps, but as a whole, this feud was genius.)

Match Of The Year - HBK vs. Flair (I think this will end up being unanimous. Such a great match.)

Best WWE Superstar 2008! - Chris Jericho (Since I giddly counted down his return, to swearing at his loss of the title at Survivor Series, Jericho has kept me captivated in every story he tells.)

Favourite Diva - Melina

Best Tag Team - Carlito and Primo ... seriously, they are the only team I can think of that isn't Miz and Morrison and no team with Miz in will ever be the best anything.

Best On Mic - Santino Marella

Most Under-Utilised Superstar - Scotty Goldman

Breakout Superstar - Brian Kendrick

Worst Feud - Vickie and whoever -vs- Undertaker

Worst Storyline - Vickie/Edge

Worst Superstar - Miz

Worst Wrestler - Miz

Most Overrated - Batista

Most Annoying/Hated Character - Randy Orton

Best PPV - Beats me.

Best In-Ring Performer - THE Brian Kendrick

Most Entertaining - Santino Marella.

Most Unbelievable Release - Paul London

Best Heel Performance - THE Brian Kendrick ... he's kind of weird and ****y and psychotic and dances.

Best Face Performance - CM Punk

Best Newcomer - Scotty Goldman

Next Big Thing! - Scotty Goldman, but only if he can once again be Colt Cabana.

Feud Of The Year - Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho from what I saw of it.

Match Of The Year - Shawn Michaels vs. Ric Flair. I'm with everyone else.

Best WWE Superstar 2008! - Hornswaggle.

Favourite Diva - maryse

Best Tag Team - miz and morrison

Most Improved Superstar - jeff hardy

Best On Mic - jericho

Most Under-Utilised Superstar - mvp

Breakout Superstar - cm punk

Worst Feud - batista/jbl

Worst Storyline - kane assaulting rey

Worst Superstar - festus

Worst Wrestler - khali

Most Overrated - kozlov

Most Annoying/Hated Character - kozlov

Best PPV - summerslam

Best In-Ring Performer - michaels

Most Entertaining - jericho

Most Unbelievable Release - murdoch

Best Heel Performance - jericho

Best Face Performance - batista

Best Newcomer - kofi

Next Big Thing! - mvp

Feud Of The Year - jericho/hbk

Match Of The Year - edge/taker TLC

Best WWE Superstar 2008! - Edge

Favourite Diva - Victoria (Close call, but Victoria gets the nod because she has a sense of humour about herself)

Best Tag Team - Miz & Morrison (Serious man-crush on The Shaman of Sexy, and The Miz has grown on me fast.)

Most Improved Superstar - The Miz (Almost went for Jeff, but Jeff has been really good for years, it's just the storylines have become 'bigger'. As I said, The Miz has grown on me.)

Best On Mic - Chris Jericho (His promo work is so relaxed, calm, so unlike the traditional 80's angry-guy promo. It's magnetic. Honourable mentions to Santino and Triple H though. I never noticed until he hit Smackdown, but The Game is a very entertaining promo.)

Most Under-Utilised Superstar - John Morrison (Look at those abs!!!!!)

Breakout Superstar - The Brian Kendrick (Best name ever.)

Worst Feud - Rey Mysterio vs Kane (I... wha?)

Worst Storyline - Khali Kiss-Cam (What the hell?)

Worst Superstar - Hardcore Holly (Does he still work for them? I've disliked Holly for years.)

Worst Wrestler - Kelly Kelly (Poor little lass, she's improving, but she's pretty poor. Watching her do chain wrestling with Maria was a total laugh-out-loud moment.)

Most Overrated - Michelle McCool (Tough one. I can see why everyone has recieved the push they had, and agree with the reasoning. I don't like Mark Henry, but I see exactly why he got the push he did. Michelle... I hate your music. Maybe now you're heel I won't want to punch you in the face so much... which is kinda the opposite of what they want... presumably.)

Most Annoying/Hated Character - Cryme Time (I don't begrudge anyone who are fans, I just don't personally get it. There have been certain storylines I've fast-forwarded through, but they are the only characters I've fast-forwarded through, across the year)

Best PPV - Wrestlemania (Because... you know... it's Wrestlemania.)

Best In-Ring Performer - (Pass. No one has jumped out at me as particularly good. There's a bunch of top quality performers, but... No one specific.)

Most Entertaining - Santino Marella (Glee!)

Most Unbelievable Release - Lance Cade (Unlike Burke & London, this shocked me.)

Best Heel Performance - Vickie Guerrero (So much heat. Fantastic.)

Best Face Performance - Jeff Hardy (Biased as a Hardy Mark, and I'll admit that Jeff hasn't been cheered 100% recently, but... Personally my favourite babyface performance this year.)

Best Newcomer - Vladamir Koslov. (I've thoroughly enjoyed his rise to glory; a fresh face in the Main Event scene.)

Next Big Thing! - John Morrison (Such a man-crush on the guy. I hate to break him away from The Miz, but I want to see him Super Kicking Shawn some more.)

Feud Of The Year - Chris Jericho vs Shawn Michaels (It stumbled a little at the end, but for months this was the best thing I'd seen in wrestling for years. Absolutely electric. It made me actually watch RAW.)

Match Of The Year - Jeff Hardy vs Triple H - No Mercy (At the end there, I genuinely thought Jeff was going to win. The emotion I felt. The pride... I hadn't felt that watching wrestling in a long, long time. I was gutted when Trips pulled a proverbial rabbit out of his hat... In an awesome way.)

Best WWE Superstar 2008! - The top award! Which Superstar do you love the most overall, that everytime they appear you are entertained. The best overall performer this year in the WWE!

I find this description a bit of a contradiction, because... I don't love the best performer the most. I love specific characters. The quality of performer helps, but in a subconscious way. Nevertheless, my pick for 'Best Performer' this year... Chris Jericho... Great promo, good matchs, awesome champion.

Favourite Diva - Mickie James

Best Tag Team - Cryme Tyme

Most Improved Superstar - Orton - His entertainment skills and storytelling have vastly improved with his latest injury.

Best On Mic - Y2J

Most Under-Utilised Superstar - Deuce

Breakout Superstar - The Miz

Worst Feud - Rey vs Kane

Worst Storyline - Edge & Vickie

Worst Superstar - Santino Marella/Vladimir Kozlov

Worst Wrestler - Khali/Vladimir Kozlov/Boretista (Too many to choose just 1)

Most Overrated - Santino Marella/Vladimir Kozlov/Boretista (Too many to choose just 1)

Most Annoying/Hated Character - Santino Marella/Vladimir Kozlov/Boretista (Too many to choose just 1)

Best PPV - 'Mania

Best In-Ring Performer - pass

Most Entertaining - Sorry all but I have to go with this, he just really entertains me, John Cena

Most Unbelievable Release - Chris Harris/Paul London

Best Heel Performance - Y2J

Best Face Performance - Khali recently, or Rey

Feud Of The Year - unsure

Match Of The Year - HBK vs Flair

Best WWE Superstar 2008! - Y2J

Favourite Diva - Beth Pheonix

Best Tag Team - Triple H & Jeff Hardy (They are Jokes!!)

Most Improved Superstar - Jeff Hardy (mostly the way he went physco and looks Main event)

Most Under-Utilised Superstar - RVD, where is he???

Breakout Superstar - John Hennigan(Morrison/Nitro)

Worst Feud - Big Show Vs. Taker

Worst Storyline - John Cena returns!!!!!! (Yawn)

Worst Wrestler - Like actual wrestling??? Mike Knox

Most Overrated - Batista

Most Annoying/Hated Character - Rey Meysterio, he is unbeleivable

Best PPV - No Mercy

Best In-Ring Performer - Going for Hardy (Jeff)

Most Entertaining - Matt (Hardy)

Most Unbelievable Release - Paul London, He DID blow up Mr. Mcmahon...

Best Face Performance - Kane

Best Newcomer - None, they all suck.

Next Big Thing! - John Morrison/Jeff Hardy (finnaly making it)

Feud Of The Year - Hardy Vs. HHH

Match Of The Year - I liked Jeff Hardy Vs. Triple H No Mercy

Best WWE Superstar 2008! - Jeff Hardy

Favourite Diva - Maria

Best Tag Team - Miz/Morrison

Most Improved Superstar - Randy Orton

Most Under-Utilised Superstar - This was Paul London. It's now Scotty Goldman

Breakout Superstar - The Brian Kendrick

Worst Feud - WWE's been good for feuds this year... I'm going to say Edge/Batista, though, as it just seemed like it lasted forever and to be honest I'm not big on Batista.

Worst Storyline - Khali's kisscam segments have been awful. All credit to all involved, though, as they weren't actrually unbearable.

Worst Superstar - Hornswoggle. The joke's just not funny anymore.

Worst Wrestler - Khali. This year, last year, next year... Just awful.

Most Overrated - Batista. Same shtick for four years now, and he's still getting the same push. Every time we even get a hint of a heel turn (and, by extension, a possibly interesting character) WWE changes it's mind. He's like an older, balder, less charismatic John Cena.

Most Annoying/Hated Character - This is heel hatred rather than X-Pac heat, right? If so, Vickie Guerrero.

Best PPV - Wrestlemania.

Best In-Ring Performer - Chris Jericho. Since Royal Rumble's shoddy match with JBL, he's been bang on form.

Most Entertaining - Santino Marella

Most Unbelievable Release - Paul London :(

Best Heel Performance - Randy Orton

Best Face Performance - Jeff Hardy

Next Big Thing! - Jeff Hardy

Feud Of The Year - Jericho/Michaels is the only possible winner

Match Of The Year - Edge/Undertaker at WM24

Best WWE Superstar 2008! - Edge. On a different level to everyone else this year, and has been for some time now.

Archived