RELEASE! 1996 The War Begins Beta

Alright guys, I think I have gotten to the point where I can’t progress much further with this without getting some feedback so here is the beta of my mod, 1996 – The War Begins. While a few people have helped me, Special thanks to Justtxyank who has been the main supporter of this project. Thanks also to Magnus D and Nightshadeex. I would like to emphasize that this is the first BETA. It’s missing a lot but it is playable. I lost a lot of the angles I was adding lately and to be honest, I am too tired to add them again right now so … sorry about that. They will be in a later version. Title histories are not done yet, I have someone working on that. Pictures are not included, I have some DOTT style ones done by myself and Justtxyank, more must be done. If anyone wants to help with worker pics or promotion logos let me know. Storylines are not done yet. PPV Carriers are few … if anyone wants to help me on this feel free. The entire PPV system is alien to me. With all the shortcomings out of the way I would also like to say that I’d like as much constructive feedback as possible, preferably from people who actually play the game rather than just look at stats. Please report any and all errors, missing data, missing bios or typos or anything of that nature and I’ll fix it up for the next version. If you just want to disagree with stats without playing, that’s fine but I am less likely to listen to you since I have tested this mod and it sims fairly well. Hope you guys like what I got so far because it’s been a ton of work and I’m trying to create something more comprehensive, accurate and broad than the other ‘90s mods that have come before it. How much further this mod goes depends on you guys … UPDATE - Second Beta Released! [url]http://rapidshare.com/files/179580580/1996_The_War_Begins.zip[/url] LATEST VERSION BY REQUEST - This has fixed some problems from the last version, has some added workers and two added promotions. It's more detailed than the last version but it may be a little incomplete. [url]http://rapidshare.com/files/212959466/1996_latest.zip[/url] EDIT: Beta pic pack by Justtxyank released. [url]http://www.yp-forums.net/WarBeginsPictures.rar[/url] [url]http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ERSG0II4[/url]

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good work Hamster, ahead of schedule. only thing I noticed so far were wrestlers having gimmick names under the workers section when they are really more alter egos then anything, like hunter hearst helmsley for example

Yeah, I may have been a bit inconsistent with that but I prefer to do it like that rather than having him down as Paul Levesque when the chances of him ever wrestling under his real name are pretty slim. Most workers are under the gimmick name they were using as of the January 1 1996.

Is there any reason HBK's stats aren't where (imo) they should be? He was better than a C with Technical/Flying, imo.

Because you didn't make the mod. :p

Some of my stats are fairly harsh on some workers, but HBK will still get great matches. I might bump him up a bit in the next update, then again I might not.

I'll take a look at fixing the alignments, keep the criticism coming. Mabel is in USWA and WWC, I'll take a look back over the results to make sure I haven't put him there prematurely.

Because you didn't make the mod. :p

Some of my stats are fairly harsh on some workers, but HBK will still get great matches. I might bump him up a bit in the next update, then again I might not.

I'll take a look at fixing the alignments, keep the criticism coming. Mabel is in USWA and WWC, I'll take a look back over the results to make sure I haven't put him there prematurely.

re: Mabel - I know for a fact Mabel was at Royal Rumble 1996, and I'm sure he appeared on TV once or twice in 1996 before then, maybe not.

Overall, it's a cool mod so far, just a couple of problems with alignments/HBK's stats :p.

re: Mabel - I know for a fact Mabel was at Royal Rumble 1996, and I'm sure he appeared on TV once or twice in 1996 before then, maybe not.

Overall, it's a cool mod so far, just a couple of problems with alignments/HBK's stats :p.

Mabel won the 95 King Of the ring so if were talking start date with WWF, it was well before 1996. If we're talking when he was sent down or took off television, that would be after the casket match in late December of 1995, and after the 1996 royal rumble which was his first match and I believe last after the casket match.

Yeah I think you are correct on King Mabel, took a look back through results and while I don't think he was appearing in WWF much around this time apart from the Royal Rumble, he didn't start appearing in USWA much until around March. He'll be moved and I better check to see if Mo was with him around this time too.

Seriously, My alignments are probably one of the things I paid the least amount of attention to for the simple reason that it's the easiest to fix and something I tend to have trouble with around this time. Mid 90s WWF alignments throw me, yet ECW seems more clear cut to me which is weird.

Shawn Michaels being supposedly underrated and still being #1 on the power 100 cracks me up. Pretty sure I was harsh on his skills so as not to make him "too good" in the game world. I might experiment with his stats a little more to see if I can bump him up a bit without making him unstoppable.

Oh and D16NJD16, yeah the Corgan and Shatner stuff ... knew I wanted to throw a few celebs in there and since I am a fan of both those guys I marked out when I saw them in wrestling. I might see if they would be better champs than Arquette.

Yeah I think you are correct on King Mabel, took a look back through results and while I don't think he was appearing in WWF much around this time apart from the Royal Rumble, he didn't start appearing in USWA much until around March. He'll be moved and I better check to see if Mo was with him around this time too.

Seriously, My alignments are probably one of the things I paid the least amount of attention to for the simple reason that it's the easiest to fix and something I tend to have trouble with around this time. Mid 90s WWF alignments throw me, yet ECW seems more clear cut to me which is weird.

Shawn Michaels being supposedly underrated and still being #1 on the power 100 cracks me up. Pretty sure I was harsh on his skills so as not to make him "too good" in the game world. I might experiment with his stats a little more to see if I can bump him up a bit without making him unstoppable.

Oh and D16NJD16, yeah the Corgan and Shatner stuff ... knew I wanted to throw a few celebs in there and since I am a fan of both those guys I marked out when I saw them in wrestling. I might see if they would be better champs than Arquette.

If you want to give me a list of the guys you need alignments for in US promotions, I can give you that info

If you want to give me a list of the guys you need alignments for in US promotions, I can give you that info

I was going to offer the same thing. 95/96 was the time I first really got into wrestling, so I remember everything that happened in the WWF and WCW in this period vividly. I guess I'll just start games with both WWF and WCW, pay extra attention to the alignments and let you know if I notice anything.

awesome thanks for putting all your time into this one Mr. Burning Hamster ive been waiting for this one for ages.

will get you some constructive feedback tonight when i get in from work, i noticed it was online at 11:30PM last night and was gutted i would have to wait until 3:30PM the next day to play it :(

I was going to offer the same thing. 95/96 was the time I first really got into wrestling, so I remember everything that happened in the WWF and WCW in this period vividly. I guess I'll just start games with both WWF and WCW, pay extra attention to the alignments and let you know if I notice anything.

That would be awesome, Thanks dude.

I know there are going to be a few teething problems with this mod so having any help is great. Somehow after I've worked on this for so long and added so much data, it's harder for me to find my mistakes. 1399 workers each with how many individual stats, alignments, performance levels? It's a lot of opportunities to get something wrong and my focus for a while now has been on the bigger picture, trying to get the whole gameworld simming reasonably well which in itself is a pretty big challenge.

Anyway, a big you're welcome to everyone who has said thanks so far and keep the criticism and advice coming ... I like to think there is still a ton of room for improvement.

please don't flame me, but i cant seem to find the "road dogg" anywhere, I looked under b.g, brian armstrong, roadie, jesse james etc etc?

Is he missing or am I having a stupid moment? :rolleyes:

He's in there as Jesse James Armstrong and is working for the USWA (he was briefly out of WWF at this point I believe).

Dollardollar I checked the download link and it seems to be working for me. Not sure what the problem there is. If you can't figure it out PM me your email and I'd be happy to send it along to you.

Archived