WWE/WWF Superstars Returns

MattitudeV2

WGN America Enters WWE® Ring

World Wrestling Entertainment® and WGN America have reached an agreement to create a new weekly, one hour prime time series entitled, "WWE Superstars” that will debut in April 2009.

Details will be forthcoming.

WGN America is a broad entertainment network and destination for audiences across America. It is America’s #1 superstation. Part of Tribune Broadcasting Company, WGN America is nationally distributed via cable, satellite and telco with entertainment programming consisting of cable exclusives, first-run programs, blockbuster movies and live sports. http://www.wgnamerica.com

Additional information on World Wrestling Entertainment Inc (NYSE: WWE) can be found at wwe.com and corporate.wwe.com. For information on our global activities, go to http://www.wwe.com/worldwide/.

Are they gonna do it the same way the late superstars was ran (part recap/part 'behind the scenes') it had some pretty funny moments, ie. mick foley saying the old raw theme song was his wedding song and that the lyrics were I love you, I love you...

Or Jeff Hardy in his backyard riding his dirtbike.

I don't know yet but when further details provide them to you.

Are they gonna do it the same way the late superstars was ran (part recap/part 'behind the scenes') it had some pretty funny moments, ie. mick foley saying the old raw theme song was his wedding song and that the lyrics were I love you, I love you...

Or Jeff Hardy in his backyard riding his dirtbike.

God I hope so. ha.

That would be a more interesting show than another B show...spreading talent even thinner.

• 3 months later...
Wonder how this is going to do? I think this Thursday is the first show (or re-installment). They say it's going to have top stars, but I kind of doubt that. Still, it's kind of neat that they aren't going two hours, and that it's one hour, and one hour before TNA (Not going head to head really).

any idea whether this is gonna be shown in the UK?

the WWE Website doesnt list anything..

just wondered if anyone had heard anything..

I heard Sky Sports will be picking it up eventually and showing it before Raw on a Monday at 1am and moving Vintage Collection to another timeslot. Although I can't find anywhere that gives a start date from when it will air over here.

God I hope so. ha.

That would be a more interesting show than another B show...spreading talent even thinner.

how is talent being run thin? people spend months without going on t.v Sim Solo Snuka, DJ Gabriel etc.

Now if they're going to use it to show off those people who don't get used as much on the big three then yes

i.e Paul Burchill and others

yeah I thought about that before I posted it but then I was like whatever, because now Superstars depending on how it's used could be consider a four brand. If the first episode is the big names and then after that it is used to showcase younger talent then that's what the brand would be used as/for

It doesn't sound like a 'brand' to me at all. It's a TV-show. That features all brands. Currently it has big matches. Maybe in the future it'll feature lower card matched like Heat, Metal, Velocity and all of those recap shows. Time will tell.

Although I did predict several months back that "WWE will add a 4th brand before they go back to 1." so... I could win a very substantial bet if it does get full-brand status.

Archived