What is the best wrestling e-fed online?

shigakai

There are a lot more than you might think actually. Won't deny this is a slump period for e-w.The migration from the newsgroups to message boards left a lot of folks behind in the shuffle. And the reliance on RP boards chased away a lot of folks like myself who preferred RP packets and full function websites. But even in the boom times when it seemed like everyone and his brother promoted feds on RSPWF, there were more little private holes in the wall than you would ever imagine. You can't just go to the now pretty much dead RSPWF or RoughKut or JTF or wherever and assume that's all there is. There are always underground places that never seem to leave their own personal comfort zone. Sadly most of the ones I see brought up on here look to be populated with under-talented mimics. But different strokes for different folks after all. That's why we have both vanilla and chocolate.

I used to play at http://www.shootclub.com In fact, last year I was inducted into the legends wing of the game for my achievements and was very, very happy about that. :D

The game has been around since the year 2000 but has hit a general slump with the e-wrestling bug dying down a lot in time with the general popularity of wrestling. There has always been a lot of fun characters there and it is still the only place I'd go to e-wrestle, but I haven't played for a couple of years due to my general TEW addiction. Can't quite get the hang of roleplaying one character instead of running an entire sports entertainment promotion where people do what I tell them to do. :p

There are way more than you think.

http://roughkut.com/kamp_v2/index.php?showforum=108 (The roughkut e-fed database I Admin there.)

http://www.ewexperts.com/ (The Experts, a "interfed" with some top notch feds)

http://collective.ewplanet.org/ (The Collective, "Sister" interfed to "The Experts")

http://www.ewzine.com/ (EWZine another e-fed community)

http://www.efedknights.com (Home of an e-wrestling podcast, they also have a e-fed db on their forums)

http://community.primetimecentral.net/ (Another e-wrestling community)

the reliance on RP boards actually helps with less spammers. I loved the pro-boads where you could use HTML for things like pictures... I have a layout I use however.

Perhaps so. But you know coming from the packet era, old biases die hard. Board playing was such a sign of hackery back then it kind of became embedded in my mind. Even after my last staff position in an e-fed having been judging RP's for a board fed a buddy of mine was running. I know in my head that this isn't necessarily true any more because of how prominent boards have become for things in general. But I can't help it. You have quality feds that send you stuff and you can read offline more at your leisure. As long as you get up to speed and respond in time for the next card you're golden. And then you have the board bush leagues which demand you kill your connection time for them and are likely to be too under-talented for that kind of commitment.

Ah I remember my days in e-feds :) Strangely there was one I started on called KCW, and there I met 4 people all from the same city, age group and music taste as myself! One of them is my best best friend, so bless the internet.

I've ran a few e-feds myself, played on a few, but unfortunately it's just like school for me. You've got put a lot of time into it, and yet only have mediocre success. I always seem to end up on a losing streak as my roleplaying skills for wrestling are unspectacular.

I did find the old forum style of it very time consuming. It seemed like if you don't post on there twice a day you were doomed in your next match.

Another fed I was in had a mix of roleplays and Match RPs, where you and your opponent take it turns to write parts of the match and the finish, and then the mods would pick who wrote the best bits and they would win. Random!

• 1 month later...
I was one of those guys who you hated because I'd be at a e-fed for like a e-fed and not post then come back like 3 months later and act like I'm the king of it.

you join the fed first. There is actully nothing you "create" to be honest. It is all text based. A person opens up a fed *fed hed* as they are called some times and they put together the matches, write up the shows and do alot of work *i have ran one in the past*. Feud's are sometimes set up by players and some times set up by the owners of the fed. If you have a good "imagination" and a good idea of what makes a wrestler work they can be alot of fun.

Some big feds have as many as 40 people and smaller ones have 15 to 20

How a fed is set up and run changes depending on the fed. Typically, the person running it is the "president" of the fed, which may or may not be used for storyline purposes (though they usually are).

You create your wrestler, typically either just one wrestler (though some feds allow for you to create your own tag team), which basically consists of writing down basic information like their name, height, weight, and gender, a moveset and/or style of your wrestler, and in most cases you'll also writeup an entrance, physical description, gimmick, and all that other tasty stuff. Typically, your wrestler should be an original worker of your own creation. Some places allow you to use real life workers, but... I honestly think that's kinda lame. If you can't think of your own character, then you probably can't think of interesting stories to tell either.

Once you're allowed in, the person (or persons) in charge who set up the cards will book you in a match. When you're new, this will usually be against another new person if possible. For your matches, you're required to "RP" (roleplay), where you write a promo for your wrestler. An RP can range from anything from a typical interview to wild and wacky adventures that only loosely revolve around wrestling, all depending on the style of the writer for the wrestler and in the rules for the company. Some feds like to make it as geniunely wrestling as possible and make you do nothing but realistic interviews while others... allow for more creative freedom (though usually its a bonus if you can work discussing your match into all your rps). The amount of RPs required or allowed per show is determined by each fed.

After the deadline for posting RPs is up (you know, showtime) the person (or persons) in charge will judge all the wrestlers RPs, and whoever they deem to have the superior writing wins. (Though sometimes, for storyline purposes, the winner will be pre-determined. In which case any good fed will tell you in advance so you don't waste time and ideas on a meaningless match.).

Feuds are typically an idea of either the people in charge, the wrestlers participating, or both. Again, this changes from fed to fed. Some places are open to letting you decide who you'd like to feud with, others will force you to do whatever.

Angles and matches can be written by the people in charge, but its usually better for the wrestlers themselves to do this. They know how their wrestler wrestles and acts backstage. Just typically you'll have to write two or more endings, as you don't know who is going to win the match.

I've been in and out of e-feds since I was about 12 or so... so for about nine years in total. They're extremely fun for me, and an excellent way to get the creative juices flowing. The only problem is that it can be quite time consuming, especially if you're like me and like to make everything as good as possible. For me, 1,200 to 2,000 words is usually a normal sized RP. Alot of people prefer not to put that much time into one, though it's great when folks put more than two lines of "I'm the Crushanator and I'm gonna beatz you tonight because I'm the better!" into their work. Of course, some people do a helluva lot more. I've wrote RPs, particularly in this one fed that used to be THE fed (closed after two pricks basically ruined it with their bitching and egos), that were 3,000+ words long. Never again... unless I've got a good reason, I guess.

And I've been out of it for about a year now. I'd like to return, but... the moment needs to be right. I was interested in joining that TCW reunion things as Blackjack Robbins, but... there wasn't time then. Right now, I think I could join a place if I really wanted. And if that folks who ran the TCW thing last time start it up again, tell me. I've got brilliant ideas for Blackjack.

And I've been out of it for about a year now. I'd like to return, but... the moment needs to be right. I was interested in joining that TCW reunion things as Blackjack Robbins, but... there wasn't time then. Right now, I think I could join a place if I really wanted. And if that folks who ran the TCW thing last time start it up again, tell me. I've got brilliant ideas for Blackjack.

Funny story....

Stay tuned is all I'll say. ;)

Sadly TCW's site was locked after time ran out for it. I would have to pay to unlock it. This means until then, we can't read anything.

I would have to see how my life is gunna balance out after my recent breakup. Life was too hectic to roleplay so I'd have to see. I may require a co-owner just as Self was during the original run. I don't know if Self himself is up to it since he seemed to have dropped out towards the end, leaving me to finish his story for him since deleting both of his characters would've badly hurt our already small roster.

I would need to air the shows on the perfect night, with a focus on adding new members. As much scouting as possible. And consistently too. I would need to be as hands off as possible of an owner, likely not even be an active wrestler, but in a pure booking, managing role....

...darn... this post seems to steer away from my "stay tuned" policy...

Is there a link perhaps to the last run of TCW? I'd like to get a look at what the folks in it are capable of. :)

I can't unfortunately, unless I paid. But the quality was top notch. Very few [he waks too teh ring. crowd cheerz. He curses TEHN leaves.] And if we ever had those kinds of guys, they usually weeded out after the first week or so, if they stuck around, I put them at the bottom of the card and often, the veterans helped him improve.

I can't give you physical evidence, but Self, Crychon, Capelli King, Prophet, Astil, and many others I can't list can vouch.

Sadly TCW's site was locked after time ran out for it. I would have to pay to unlock it. This means until then, we can't read anything.

I would have to see how my life is gunna balance out after my recent breakup. Life was too hectic to roleplay so I'd have to see. I may require a co-owner just as Self was during the original run. I don't know if Self himself is up to it since he seemed to have dropped out towards the end, leaving me to finish his story for him since deleting both of his characters would've badly hurt our already small roster.

I would need to air the shows on the perfect night, with a focus on adding new members. As much scouting as possible. And consistently too. I would need to be as hands off as possible of an owner, likely not even be an active wrestler, but in a pure booking, managing role....

...darn... this post seems to steer away from my "stay tuned" policy...

I can't unfortunately, unless I paid. But the quality was top notch. Very few [he waks too teh ring. crowd cheerz. He curses TEHN leaves.] And if we ever had those kinds of guys, they usually weeded out after the first week or so, if they stuck around, I put them at the bottom of the card and often, the veterans helped him improve.

I can't give you physical evidence, but Self, Crychon, Capelli King, Prophet, Astil, and many others I can't list can vouch.

I saved word documents of all mine, so I still can. :p If you're interested C-bot, I can dig one out and send it to ya.

But I can understand that sentiment ... shouldering the weight of it all was really wearing on you. I felt bad I couldn't be of more help. And the way Exile ended, I could probably keep him shelved, if you need a right hand man.

And there was a lot of quality stuff on that site. Even in the short return stint, Treton's ability blossomed amazingly well. He was good when he started, and his final rp was mind blowing. Exile still needs to jump him in a parking lot somewhere. :p

I saved word documents of all mine, so I still can. :p If you're interested C-bot, I can dig one out and send it to ya.

But I can understand that sentiment ... shouldering the weight of it all was really wearing on you. I felt bad I couldn't be of more help. And the way Exile ended, I could probably keep him shelved, if you need a right hand man.

And there was a lot of quality stuff on that site. Even in the short return stint, Treton's ability blossomed amazingly well. He was good when he started, and his final rp was mind blowing. Exile still needs to jump him in a parking lot somewhere. :p

Go for it Prophet.

And the plans I have for Blackjack... oh the plans. But hush hush! Wait to see we must!

So pretty much it would go like this

Name: Fox

Race: White

Nationality: Irish

Height: 6’3

Weight: 232

Bio: Fox is a former MMA fighter who decided to make a crossover to professional wrestling after an early retirement from MMA. Fox accumulated a record of 15-6 during his time including a three month reign as Heavyweight Champion.

Fox who was a wrestler in High School as well as College uses a mix’s of technical wrestling with a mixture of ground and pound. At 6’3 and 232 lbs. and less than 6% body fat Fox is an imposing figure who challenges anyone with his pure strength and size. Fox has a great wrestling physique and has nice speed as well.

Fox’s biggest down fall is his promo cutting, but is working hard to improve including taking different acting and speech classes to help him out

Archived