Most Interested for a Diary in Area ???

Most Interested for a Diary in Area ???  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Most Interested for a Diary in Area ???

If we're thinking the normal CornellVerse (putting the glorious FCK aside), Canada. Desperate to see a 4C diary, and i even started planning for one a little while back. That may eventually come to fruition I spose... But if not, someone else do one!

I only have one, there's plenty of room for more Canadian diaries.

As a reader, I tend to gravitate towards North American diaries. Those are the characters and promotions I know, with the products I know. I always find it tricky to read Mexican or Japanese diaries because I don't understand how wrestling works in those countries. All those 6-man lucha matches...

Go with your heart.

I kind of agree with Canada. Self's brilliant diary has turned the C-verse upside down in many ways, so it'd still be good to see a 'regular' Canadian diary on the go. That said, Sean McFly has a decent NOTBPW one going. I'd fancied doing NOTBPW myself at some point, but I much prefer taking smaller promotions and building them up than starting with a larger one.

Japan is an area that doesn't get enough diary love. But I think it mainly boils down to the fact that it's performance heavy over there for the more major promotions. While that would suit someone like me, it's not diary material for the majority. I was enjoying FIN's GCG and I'm sure his BHOTWG '75 will be great. Tigerkinney's BHOTWG from '07 was legendary. But all in all, Japan suffers for diaries because of the promotion types. And because of the young lions and loyalty, roster changes and fulfilling your own vision can be difficult.

I voted UK partly because I read any UK diary that comes on the board without fail. Nevvy's excellent MOSC is a really entertaining read. But it's been the only really long-running diary from that region lately. I'm still waiting for someone to really master 21CW. I know it's a hard promotion and getting to National in the UK is a bit of a 'mare. But it's a promotion that has featured heavily in C-verse re-construction in the past couple of years and deserves a long diary. I'm aware how hard it is though, having already tried and failed myself with one! :D

I kind of agree with Canada. Self's brilliant diary has turned the C-verse upside down in many ways, so it'd still be good to see a 'regular' Canadian diary on the go. That said, Sean McFly has a decent NOTBPW one going. I'd fancied doing NOTBPW myself at some point, but I much prefer taking smaller promotions and building them up than starting with a larger one.

Japan is an area that doesn't get enough diary love. But I think it mainly boils down to the fact that it's performance heavy over there for the more major promotions. While that would suit someone like me, it's not diary material for the majority. I was enjoying FIN's GCG and I'm sure his BHOTWG '75 will be great. Tigerkinney's BHOTWG from '07 was legendary. But all in all, Japan suffers for diaries because of the promotion types. And because of the young lions and loyalty, roster changes and fulfilling your own vision can be difficult.

I voted UK partly because I read any UK diary that comes on the board without fail. Nevvy's excellent MOSC is a really entertaining read. But it's been the only really long-running diary from that region lately. I'm still waiting for someone to really master 21CW. I know it's a hard promotion and getting to National in the UK is a bit of a 'mare. But it's a promotion that has featured heavily in C-verse re-construction in the past couple of years and deserves a long diary. I'm aware how hard it is though, having already tried and failed myself with one! :D

Yeah ! I've Been Advertised :p

Personally, I'd love to see Mexico or UK get some love.

I'm sure someone has run with this idea already, however, it would be sweet to see another Australian company take advantage of APW's rise. Maybe a big time money-making business man decides that he wants "in" on it all... Creates a large enough company to compete with APW and starts to raid their roster?

Could make for an interesting war.

I'm sure someone has run with this idea already, however, it would be sweet to see another Australian company take advantage of APW's rise. Maybe a big time money-making business man decides that he wants "in" on it all... Creates a large enough company to compete with APW and starts to raid their roster?

Could make for an interesting war.

I started one of those once... Then stopped writing and started playing ahead. My bad.

I'm still waiting for someone to really master 21CW. I know it's a hard promotion and getting to National in the UK is a bit of a 'mare. But it's a promotion that has featured heavily in C-verse re-construction in the past couple of years and deserves a long diary. I'm aware how hard it is though, having already tried and failed myself with one! :D

This comment, in and of itself, has inspired me to try my hand at a 21CW game. If things start rolling, I'll look into making it a diary. Just want to make sure I'm not going to fail... horribly... before committing myself.

I was going to vote for something, but then I read this, in reference to Europe:

Well I must say, it is pretty uninteresting. And I mean boring. UEW sucks, and nobody can top the wrestlecr.. greatness of Comradebot's EWA.

I realize you didn't ask for any advice beyond the area people would be interested in, but honestly, I think you should go into this with a more defined mindset / direction. In no particular order:

• Is this a diary where you want to show off your mad booking skills, or do you have a story to tell? Or a combination of the two?
  • Probably even more importantly, what inspires you? Which promotion / area gets you most jazzed / excited?
  • Pretty much as important, what are you most comfortable writing? If you're American, you'd do well to stick to North America. That's not to say you cannot be successful with a UK or Australian fed / region, especially if you're well-traveled or just plain knowledgeable about world cultures and what not. But if you have no clue about the culture / slang, that MAY affect any story or backstory you attempt to write, so you'll want to stick to your comfort level unless your creating an entire world from scratch, which it doesn't sound like you're doing.

I'm being long-winded, but what I'm saying is that it may be better to at least narrow your focus, THEN ask the question. Not that Europe has a chance of winning, but imagine Europe DID win. You said it yourself; you find that area uninteresting and boring.

Okay, advice over: carry on. :)

Well I must say, it is pretty uninteresting. And I mean boring. UEW sucks, and nobody can top the wrestlecr.. greatness of Comradebot's EWA.

Wrestlecrap? What are you talking about?! EWA is the FUTURE of professional wrestling! :p

But thanks for the name drop, and I completely understand your point about Europe. In its current form, UEW isn't all that great of a place... Stig Svensson is far cooler as Captain Hero, Ali Bloxsome has a gimmick that fits better with World of Warcraft (and you know he's a bloody Oomkin, not to mention he's lame), and their other two top stars just don't fit the promotion in the least. Admittingly I am a fan of the Nigerian Hit Squad, Geoff Borne, Beast Bantom, and a huge mark for Otto Hammerschmidt, but that doesn't take away from it being mostly a mess of somewhat blander workers, workers that don't fit, and even undertalented guys. Tis a lame company. It doesn't have to be, but my only concern with them was crushing them with EWA (to an extent of which I have succeeded).

Though I wouldn't mind seeing a diary with them. Other European diaries I'd like to see are WBW from 1975 (which I may start, running a single show following every month of EWA action while I work with EWA's storylines), and 2005 UCR could be fun (or even 1998 UCR if someone could figure out the entire debut roster). But UCR had a stable of superheroes and stable of supervillians. Enough said about how awesome that is. Also there's the idea of using EEWW as a European hardcore company, or taking "advantage" of their massive amount of untalented hacks (Boris Kiriyakin, Fortius Minimus, Minion, ect) to create the ultimate company based on untalented guys. Dusty Bin and Ron Greenhorn have nothing on Boris Kiriyakin and Fortius Minimus.

All of that aside, I still love Europe and will continue to champion its awesomeness throughout all C-Verse decades.

But as Actarus said, if it doesn't interest you then you probably shouldn't have had it on the poll. Then again, maybe if it won you would've learned how awesome some of their workers are, and the freedom you can have with what is still the most untapped region in the game for workers not used in diaries.

And if I hadn't put my vote on Europe, I'd say either Australia, Canada, or Mexico. Really, just stay away from America. It's a fun region, but sometimes it feels over-saturated. Meanwhile, I don't think there's been an active Australian or Mexican diary in quite some time.

I was going to vote for something, but then I read this, in reference to Europe:

I realize you didn't ask for any advice beyond the area people would be interested in, but honestly, I think you should go into this with a more defined mindset / direction. In no particular order:

• Is this a diary where you want to show off your mad booking skills, or do you have a story to tell? Or a combination of the two?
  • Probably even more importantly, what inspires you? Which promotion / area gets you most jazzed / excited?
  • Pretty much as important, what are you most comfortable writing? If you're American, you'd do well to stick to North America. That's not to say you cannot be successful with a UK or Australian fed / region, especially if you're well-traveled or just plain knowledgeable about world cultures and what not. But if you have no clue about the culture / slang, that MAY affect any story or backstory you attempt to write, so you'll want to stick to your comfort level unless your creating an entire world from scratch, which it doesn't sound like you're doing.

I'm being long-winded, but what I'm saying is that it may be better to at least narrow your focus, THEN ask the question. Not that Europe has a chance of winning, but imagine Europe DID win. You said it yourself; you find that area uninteresting and boring.

Okay, advice over: carry on. :)

This topic is not completely for me to choose for what area I would I choose, but I am most interested in lucha diary for sure. The thing is, I also get one of my masterplans just when I am planning another game / diary, then I found out that I have hundreds of unfinished plans. But, I have done a few "posts" as I would say, for a lucha diary. So watch out, I might actually post it someday :p

There's a WLW dynasty kicking around for all you non-performance-fan Japanophiles. Can't remember who started it though, and it's probably rubbish. ;)

I'd like to see a Mexico diary, or like Marcel said a 21CW Dynasty (D-Lyrium started one but he gave up :p 'The roster is too small for a TV show!' apparently).

21CW would be cool though, or one of the original Mexican feds (Dragonmack's MHW is cool, but it's MHW...)

Archived