DOTM: August Nominations

RULES please read I have made a small change

1. You have 3 votes to either nominate or 2nd, 1 for each category

(The TigerKinney Rule)

You may substitute your Real World and Cornellverse nomination or 2nd between the two. The Rookie Vote must go to a Rookie Diary Category or be left unused

2. you may not nominate or 2nd yourself

3. All nominations need to be seconded to make the voting round

4. All nominations must include a reason

5. Real World & Cornellverse: must have at least
    shows, with at least 2 of those shows this month.

6. Rookie DOTM:any diary started since the first of the prior month -July 1st- the only post requirement for rookie is one show in the current month. (none diary threads are no longer eligible)

7. You CAN nominate the the winners from last month's Rookie Category to the full awards regardless of start date (Phantom Stranger "TCW: A Quiet Retirement" )

8. You can NOT nominate Self's "Cverse Draft 2009: Frontier Combat Kingdom"

9. You can NOT nominate Wildfire1324's "NWA: Beyond the Glory"

2nd* - means that the diary has been seconded so that you do not waste your vote, or fail to 2nd a diary you want to see put up for diary of the month

Real World DOTM nominee's:

• 2nd* [thread=31201]tristram's WCW 1998: A prequel to "Death of WCW"[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=15014]Nevermore's "ECW Worldwide"[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=26405]DSE81's "the New NWA"[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=45876] Genadi's "Moolah McMahon"[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=53410]Oldschool's "WWWF: Re-writing History: No Hulk/No Vince (D.O.T.T)"[/thread]

Cornellverse DOTM nominee's:

• 2nd* [thread=47928]Phantom Stranger "TCW: A Quiet Retirement"[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=41609]Marcel Fromage's XWA: American Wrestling Just Got Serious[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=33304]Tigerkinney's "Puerto Rican Self Preservation Society: Version 2.0 (Cornellverse)"[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=35327]Bigpapa42's "SWF: Generation Supreme"[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=32191]James Casey's "MAW - 10 Simple Rules"[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=45563]Eisenverse's "PSW: The Evolution of Greed"[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=44594]G-prime's "SWF: Entertainment, Innovation, Attitude"[/thread]

Rookie DOTM nominee's:

• 2nd* [thread=49194]Angeldelayette's "WCW 1996: An Even Better Year "[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=47697]Zeel1's "TCW: Total Control"[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=47363]d_w_w's "MDC2: The Battle Rages On"[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=49748]beatzNrhymez's "WCW vs WWF: The Lines Are Drawn"[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=51042]jw_forever's "TNA: In the Beginning..."[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=47544]Hyde Hill's TNA: Everything is on the Line[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=50134]Mad5226 "SWF: Fallen not broken"[/thread]
  • [thread=51360]Main Event Heel "WCW: The Fight Isn't over just yet"[/thread]
  • [thread=51187]Totti's "WWF 1998: What if Bret had Stayed?"[/thread]

Nominations will be open until August 31th (12 pm Eastern)

Can you believe it's already that time of the month again?!?

ANOUNCEMENT

Hall of Fame Nomination : Don't forget to vote by 8/31/2009 !!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For rookie, I've got to give a shout out to WCW 1996 from Angeldelayette (unless it's eligible for RW this month, in which case, I'll use my rookie pick for GCW : Georgia On My Mind)

and I'll second TCW : A Quite Retirement...

I'll check back in later to see if I have another pick yet

For rookie, I've got to give a shout out to WCW 1996 from Angeldelayette (unless it's eligible for RW this month, in which case, I'll use my rookie pick for GCW : Georgia On My Mind)

and I'll second TCW : A Quite Retirement...

I'll check back in later to see if I have another pick yet

Thanks for the nomination. My WCW 1996 diary would slide into the Rookie Category since it was only started on 08/01/09. Though honestly I would accept it into either the rookie or real world category since I've been around for awhile.

My second vote, a Real World vote goes to...

***DRUMROLL***

tristram's WCW 1998: A prequel to "Death of WCW"

tristram has been hitting on all cylinders this month, especially with the reveal of the two newest signings for WCW and the always entertaining Randy SavageElizabeth/Diamond Dallas PageKimberly feud. Not to mention the Thrillapalooza!

I'm going to second Tristam's WCW. He's done some great work of late.

The C-V vote was tough. So very very tough. I'm going to nominate James Casey's MAW - 10 Simple Rules. Feed bad about overlooking so many other quality works who also had good months - such as the ever-awesome TigerKinney and NoNeck - but I'm hopeful the will still get their deserved nominations.

I'll nominate Tigerkinney's Puerto Rican Self Preservation Society: Version 2.0 (Cornellverse) for C-verse of the month, based on consistent quality and match description. Plus he has the Fooorrrcceeee!!

Second!

Also nominating Bigpapa42's SWF: Generation Supreme for continued excellence, originality and sheer cheek for some recent storyline developments (you all know which ones, right, mates?)

PSW: The Evolution of Greed by Eisenverse continues to impress and goes from strength to strength for C-Verse nomination, holding of on my others for now.

PS for those waiting for Slammiversary I have been real busy as of late and as it is my first ppv I really want to be able to give it full attention, its in the works though so check this space. (Plug I know, but rather here then get peoples hopes up by bumping my diary.)

PSW: The Evolution of Greed by Eisenverse continues to impress and goes from strength to strength for C-Verse nomination, holding of on my others for now.

Not sure if I am doing this right but, Seconded.

Eisenverse does a great job with PSW and makes it feel like a real promotion.

I'll nominate No Necks Secret's of the Ring Volume II in the Cornellverse category (which looks to be winding down as he's already started on Volume III or do we count them as a whole ?) however the quality is still up to the highest standard as always.

I'll also second Zeel 1's TCW: Total Control in the Rookie Category

My second vote, a Real World vote goes to...

***DRUMROLL***

tristram's WCW 1998: A prequel to "Death of WCW"

tristram has been hitting on all cylinders this month, especially with the reveal of the two newest signings for WCW and the always entertaining Randy SavageElizabeth/Diamond Dallas PageKimberly feud. Not to mention the Thrillapalooza!

I'm going to second Tristam's WCW. He's done some great work of late.

The C-V vote was tough. So very very tough. I'm going to nominate James Casey's MAW - 10 Simple Rules. Feed bad about overlooking so many other quality works who also had good months - such as the ever-awesome TigerKinney and NoNeck - but I'm hopeful the will still get their deserved nominations.

Thanks a lot, lads. Appreciate the support, and appreciate it coming from two outstanding writers and contributors to this board.

I regress to abstain and ask for one more day to mull over my nominations, there's some excellent work going on currently and I'd like to be able to cast a couple of strong nominees accordingly. Congrats to all nominated, ;)

Nominating d_w_w's MDC2: The Battle Rages On

Less shows, but the quality was even better than the month before. Great prose and really imaginative storytelling

I'll second that. All fanfare aside, one of the greatest pieces of creative writing i've seen.

Archived