3 Favorite C-Verse Workers

1. Ultimate Phoenix

What I love about Phoenix is the fact that he is talented but he doesn't have the ego, so he is willing to put others over. In that respect he's very similar to Steve Flash. Flash is a little better at the basics but what Phoenix has going for him over Flash, is the fact that he can handle a microphone reasonably well and is about ten years younger.

2. Kansuke Konda

This one's going back more to 05, when I did by BHOTWG diary. Though he's not necessarily the most talented worker (he's solid, not spectacular), I liked his bio that mentioned that he was willing to take on bigger opponents, something that I played up within Burning Desire, Raising the Hammer.

3. Hannah Potter

It's not exactly a secret on these boards, that I think Hannah Potter is a goddess amongst the women of the Cornellvese.

This always changes for me. I went back to this top 5 thread from last year to pull my picks:

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35844

1. Yoshimi Mushashibo

2. Angry Gilmore

3. Champagne Lover

4. Jack DeColt

5. Findlay O'Farraday

One year later it is probably completely different. I still do like those guys, but they're probably not my favorites right now. I've been getting more into "project guys" lately like Primus Allen, Warren Technique, Grimm Quibble but will have to think more on my current top 3 favorites.

3. Rafael Ruiz - he's the Steve Flash of Mexico but is up for working in America. Stellar performance skills and he's a bit more interesting and less used then Steve Flash (whom I've never signed :D)

2. Davis Wayne Newton - how can someone so amazing be so cheap? I can sign him for $100 - $150 and right off the bat he puts on amazing shows.

1. Kashmir Singh - He always has a home in any promotion I start. Great skills but completely overlooked. Plus he has a great personality and is a huge help backstage.

1. Champagne Lover

Dating waaaay back to TEW2004 (or maybe 05), Lover has consistently been one of the very first guys I sign no matter what company I am employed by.. There's just something about him I love, I dont know what, and I LOVE bringing him from a nobody to a World Champion in the US... in my current game hes more over than ever before having an A* Pop in nearly EVERY Region in the world... I'm not exactly sure how, until recently he hadn't exactly beaten the best in the world, granted he did go a year undefeated... but that was his 3rd year, well after his debut and before he was truly a Main Eventer.

#1) Danny Patterson - His Menace stat alone was able to carry me in my early 21CW years along with his legendary fued with Jeff Nova.

#2) Joss Thompson - The most talented UK worker in the game. He has also always done well in my Canadian games in the tag team Joss & Hash. 3 different games with great chemistry.

#3&4) Matt & Greg Guage - When these two debut, sign them right away and make pacts with every US and Japan promotion. I was able to keep them in 21CW until my game was deleted in 2013.

#1) James Justice - I just like his hippie character...and he's pretty much the face of USPW, and is the consumate USPW main eventer.

#2) Owen Love - Dude can wrestle circles around half of the C-Verse...and when he develops a personality, he becomes an awesome asset to any roster.

#3) It's really a toss-up between DWN and Mario Heroic...but by a slight margin, I'll give it to Mario because he's awesome to book as a Casanova type, and I actually prefer him to everybody's favorite Champagne Lover.

1. Chris Caulfield- Love having him for his psychology

2. Larry Wood- Crazy psychopath, works for me!

3. Hell Monkey- I actually got him signed once to 4C but didn't have him for long since he was always in touring promotions. And the fact that he broke his neck and was out for a year kind of like *cough* Hurricane/Gregory Helms *cough*

At the moment I think my three favourites are The Big Problem, Barry Kingman and Marc DuBois. Usually it's Larry Wood instead of Problem, but my big GCG game led me to love Problem... he just developed into an awesome worker so when I created my ECW-style promotion in the US he was the flagship worker and consistently out-performed Steve Flash. I don't know how, since Flash was clearly better, but Problem got way better ratings and was an awesome force and champion for me. :)

Kingman and DuBois still make the list by virtue of me never running out of ideas for booking them, with Lobster Warrior and Sam Keith also narrowly missing out on the list.

At the moment I think my three favourites are The Big Problem, Barry Kingman and Marc DuBois. Usually it's Larry Wood instead of Problem, but my big GCG game led me to love Problem... he just developed into an awesome worker so when I created my ECW-style promotion in the US he was the flagship worker and consistently out-performed Steve Flash. I don't know how, since Flash was clearly better, but Problem got way better ratings and was an awesome force and champion for me. :)

Kingman and DuBois still make the list by virtue of me never running out of ideas for booking them, with Lobster Warrior and Sam Keith also narrowly missing out on the list.

:eek: No Dermot O'Logical? Where's the Logical Love?

:eek: No Dermot O'Logical? Where's the Logical Love?

Without Squeeky he's just been getting lost in my midcard... it's not that I don't still love him, he's just been getting overtaken by some other guys who I've been using more. But fear not, when '10 comes around I'm sure I'll be using him in yet more excellent storylines. :)

Without Squeeky he's just been getting lost in my midcard... it's not that I don't still love him, he's just been getting overtaken by some other guys who I've been using more. But fear not, when '10 comes around I'm sure I'll be using him in yet more excellent storylines. :)

Derek, I'm sure you'll get some new favorites come TE10.

Hire Nurse Darla Knight as his personal Nurse to give him a Valet. The angles just write themselves and I can see her at ringside stopping the ref to check on her man every time he looks like he's hurt and then maybe injecting the face with something to make him groggy.

1. Joss Thompson - I always sign him to UPSW and allow him to defeat Caufield and Devine before both head off to SWF. He eventually becomes my World Champion only defending the title on PPV. I believe his longest reign was for 14 months.

2. Art Reed - I use him as an upper micard guy who can carry my title for a while and train some of the midcarders. I eventually want to make him a permanent Main Eventer but I have to figure out a story for him.

3. Mainstream Hernandez - He always starts as a babyface for me and when he reaches Mid to Upper Card status I turn him into James Hernandez which is usually enough to push him near the Main Event scene.

4. Champagne Lover - I use him as the guy to get other people over. However once he has done the job enough times I have him switch names and become a serious threat.

1. Enygma: Something has always appealed to me about fixing a wrestler's career, and you can always make an "Eisen family screwed me" story.

2. Big Smack Scott: I don't know why, but being able to get B- to B matches out of this guy makes me feel good. :D

3. Bruce The Giant: How could you not like a giant who actually has some decent brawling skills?

Archived