3 Favorite C-Verse Workers

3. Teddy Powell - The Marty Jannety of the C-verse, abandoned by his best pal to work in the dreaded indies while he main events pay per views. The character writes itself and you can't help root for the guy.

2. Sayeed Ali - Bonafide bad ass whose 2 year reign as 4C Champion in my game was the stuff of legend, always a must sign with me.

1. Jack Griffith - Recovering alchoholic who blew his big chance once again the character writes itself. Loved the guy ever since he main evented through my entire NYCW game all the way to national.

Shout outs go to mah home dawgz Buff Martinez, El Sucio, Eddie Peak and Hell Monkey.

#1 - PRIDE Koiso

Ever since TEW04, when there were no worker pics, I liked Koiso because he's got a cool name and is a 'late starter' in wrestling terms (which being a 24 year-old apprentice myself I can relate to). Then KK made him a badass render. He's been a firm favourite of mine ever since, and it's always a shame that PGHW never release him... I still mark out when, in long term games, he wins the Glory Crown. Only happened once though. :(

#2 - Nomad

Every time I play in North America, I sign Nomad based on the fact that he's similar to me in a lot of ways (other than, you know, being a wrestler and stuff ¬_¬). I also like the "great charisma but no mic skills" thing he has going, makes him even more mysterious and badass in my mind.

#3 - Stan Manna

Assuming I can't select whole tag teams (if I could, Los Sickness would be up there somewhere) then I'll take Manna from my favourite tag team, just because of the Bret Hart shades (and the fact he's a much better worker).

Honourable Mentions go to Jack Griffith, John Greed and The Big Problem for their sterling efforts in my RIPW diary, and Dusty Bin for comedy value.

3. Rich Money Built his character in USPW and stuck with it up into SWF where is seemingly stuck in a Upper Midcard/Main Event level just below the title. Seems like a CVerse CM Punk.

2. Tommy Cornell Yes, I know, practically cheating, but where his character is leaves so many options for writing.

1. Plague I do something different with him each time I play, so I have a slight bias towards him.

3. Jeremy Stone. Anytime Ive managed to sign him to USPW, he puts on A matches with everyone and reachs A* popularity in no time.

2. Dark Angel. I started TEW with TEW2007 and 21CW. He was one of my first signings and would put on great matches. Wish he or someone like him was still available to 21CW. He helped get Joss and Rod the God Todd over in no time.

1. American Elemental. He can put on a good show anywhere and is always available.

Others worth mentioning would be Adam Matravers, Stevie Stoat, Hell Monkey, Primus Allen, Lauren Easter

Masaru Ugaki - Young, technical ace, and has the sweetest hairstyle out of anybody in the entire Cornellverse.

Bulldozer Brandon Smith - Someday, I'll finally succeed in making this boy a star. Awesome charisma for a young guy, with great skills, aside from the fact that based on his Selling and Safety stats nobody told him that wrestling isn't real.

Ace Youngblood - Has a gimmick that will make him an instant babyface hit in any old school promotion, and his skills are so even across the board that you can really develop him in any way you want.

Sammy The Shark - Kind of reminds me of a Piper-esque indy guy. Love him.

Marc DuBois - Like I said, he reminds me of Jimmy Jacobs and I play him as a very angst ridden character.

Keith Adams: The thought of him stopping a wrestling match to chase down a suspect he see's in the crowd just makes me smile :D

1-Acid

2-Steve Flash

3-Champagne Lover

I just took the question as guys I would want no matter what promotion i was running. If we are going on guys you just like

1-Cal Sanders

2-Air Attack Weasel

3-Warren Technique

These guys are usually on every card in the middle matches losing every week to other talent but they are quality jobbers

Special mention for Ace Youngblood and Madman Boone they are unemployed and good locker room guys so i always sign them and hope for a good destiny stat.

3.Grandmaster Phunk. One of about a million guys in the CV that can talk and brawl, but I love his gimmick. I took USPW all the way to global with him as my franchise player, and I've been hooked ever since.

2.Art Reed. I've never put this guy in a match and not got a positive road agent note about him. Seems to be able to work with any style of wrestler. Great guy in the lockerroom.

1.Steve Flash. Useful in any and all promotions. Can carry the show for smaller promotions, midcard for bigger ones, or train guys in a child promotion. Old, but he makes a great road agent when he retires. Another great guy in the lockerroom.

3. The Idaho Punisher: Can't think of the last time I started a game in the USA and DIDN'T bring him in. He's solid, cheap, and has a super awesome render. His low SQ means that, despite my wish to do so, pushing him is never all that easy... but he tends to end up being one of my biggest midcard draws. In my self-created Cult company I'm running he's currently in the Upper Midcard thanks to a VERY successful run with the reformed Dallas Wrecking Crew.

2. T-Rex: First off, I love dinosaurs... so the name immediately draws me to him. Other than that, he is the epitome of what I tend to book with. A really big guy that's big on Menace and... well, lacking in actual in-ring ability. Still, in entertainment based companies he's more than capable of being the focal point of your shows. Oh, and awesome render.

1. Boris Kiriyakin: The nicest guy backstage, and the absolute worst in the ring. It's hard to dislike the big Russian, and it's a blast to get him over just to prove that I can. Oh, and I totally can. So what if all he has going for him is Menace and an awesome hat? ANYONE can get Black Eagle or Mainstream Hernandez over. However, it takes serious work to get Boris Kiriyakin to the same level.

My favorites have changed since 08 came out (I tend to dislike people who retire on me too soon :p).

1) Lauren Easter - I'm a huge fan of ability and she's got it in spades.

2) Melody Cuthill - I could build an entire promotion around her and Lauren, in-ring and backstage.

3) Megumi Nakajima - Since I always love developing managers, workers like Meg fit my plans extremely well. Give her a manager and I hit two birds with one stone. She's young, she's talented, and she's experienced in a "good" wrestling product.

1) Larry Wood - Will work almost anywhere, can work all those places greatly, he's got an awesome render and gimmick. And his bio is just...

2) Marat Khoklov - He's just too ridiculous. A hulking mountain of muscle. And on a good day, he can almost wrestle too.

3) Sensational Ogiwara - Can make a good match out of ANYONE. No really, ANYONE. Including Khoklov i suspect...

1) Edd Stone. Not only is he the apparent star of my diary, but the fact I edit his contract to put him under my employ in 87% of my personal games has to say something too. Not the most skilled of the Stone clan, but his status as the black sheep just registers with me.

2) Lead Belly. Really a toss up between the Dirty White Boys, but L.B. is bigger, so usually gets the slightly bigger push. Great tag team. Great menace. Solid workers. Good for all purposes.

3) Debbie Rose. I always find her an appealing project, and try to train her to be a good worker. Young. Tag Team. The 'Matt' to Kate Lilly's 'Jeff'. Something about the render too. I dig it. 'C-' Sex Appeal is total bull.

I tried to push away from the characters I enjoy writing in my diary, but as fate would have it all 3 of these feature in the (3-time award winning) Frontier Combat Kingdom. However, unlike the Steve DeColt's, Johnny Bloodstone's and Young Guns of the world, I constantly use the above characters in my personal games too.

It's probably a fair approximation of wrestling industry thinking of the stat. But I gotta agree. Any system of ranking Sex Appeal where Pettle only gets a C is one that doesn't incorporate my taste into the equation. ;)

Debbie isn't the sexy one in the group, Kate is (or is supposed to be). Self had it absolutely right though I'd use The Rockers as the example team. If Debbie has a C+, Kate has to have B- (or better) to underline that. Sex Appeal is very much an eye of the beholder thing. Like, I don't think Debbie Rose is in the same solar system as Megumi Nakajima or Maryam Vega, SA wise. But lo and behold, they're like 4 percentage points apart. Heck, reading Lauren Easter's bio makes me think her 89 is a bit too low (those ethnicities would make for one exotic looking woman IMO). Besides, easy enough to change it. ;)

1 Mean Jean Cattley

I've always liked the guy and JAme's MAW dynasty really made me like him.

2 Fox Mask

I dig the mask guys and Fox is just a great wrestler with solid skills and great looking mask. He works well with anyone and i always push him. He tends to wear alot of gold in my games.

3 Steve Flash.

The elder statesman of TEW. Flash is that guy that you can use anyway you like. He gives prestige to your belts and gives legitimacy to any worker that he battles in the ring.

Debbie isn't the sexy one in the group, Kate is (or is supposed to be). Self had it absolutely right though I'd use The Rockers as the example team. If Debbie has a C+, Kate has to have B- (or better) to underline that. Sex Appeal is very much an eye of the beholder thing. Like, I don't think Debbie Rose is in the same solar system as Megumi Nakajima or Maryam Vega, SA wise. But lo and behold, they're like 4 percentage points apart. Heck, reading Lauren Easter's bio makes me think her 89 is a bit too low (those ethnicities would make for one exotic looking woman IMO). Besides, easy enough to change it. ;)

Well as you demonstrate so well, there are so many different tastes out there. And I know mine's not as predictable as some. No need to for changes as I see it. Didn't say Pettle's or anybody else's was wrong. Just that I wasn't polled when they were being figured.

Archived