The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Bloody brawl? Do you forget WWE is the company that doesn't allow blood?

Honestly, I'm ok with no bleeding, but if someone does get busted open stopping the match to clean up the blood kills all the moment the match had and kills the match in general.

Wade's absence could work in his favour, just have the rookies do their thing while he is punished via suspension, then he comes back at or after summerslam, has his title shot (better if a surprise) and wins.

Drew will be awesome no matter what, so no worries there.

Even more of a reason they should have just went after them. They had them severely outnumbered.

I'm sure this isn't what the WWE writers were thinking at the time, but I like the idea of having the rookies be less organized, more reluctant, etc when Barrett isn't around. The worse they are without him, the better he looks. And this is all about him, after all. Or at least it should be.

Drew will be awful no matter what, so no worries there.

Fixed that for ya. I'm glad Drew is gone (less stuff to fast forward through when I watch it on my DVR), but this is really crappy timing for Barrett. Hopefully he gets back soon. I wonder if they're considering bringing back Daniel Bryan early.

I'm sure this isn't what the WWE writers were thinking at the time, but I like the idea of having the rookies be less organized, more reluctant, etc when Barrett isn't around. The worse they are without him, the better he looks. And this is all about him, after all. Or at least it should be.

Fixed that for ya. I'm glad Drew is gone (less stuff to fast forward through when I watch it on my DVR), but this is really crappy timing for Barrett. Hopefully he gets back soon. I wonder if they're considering bringing back Daniel Bryan early.

Drew is okay. I like him, mainly because he is a fellow Ayrshire boy. His work doesn't impress me a great deal. Then again I don't think many midcards are impressive.

Drew is okay. I like him, mainly because he is a fellow Ayrshire boy. His work doesn't impress me a great deal. Then again I don't think many midcards are impressive.

I have to say that I have not watched Smackdown in like six years or so (I hardly watched it before but I did watch it every once and a while.) but I have been catching it over the last couple of weeks (Mainly because there is nothing better on TV). I have to say that I like his work with Teddy Long, Kofi and Matt Hardy. I am not sure if he will ever become a star but who knows maybe he will.

Maybe Drew could be more interesting with a new look. His current look is pretty generic in my opinion and it doesn't help with the general blandness I feel while watching him. An other option might be to stick him on a long rivalry with anyone but Matt Hardy, a guy I care very little about.

I personally love pretty much everything Drew does. I agree most midcarders are unimpressive but the reactions he's been getting lately just show how brilliantly they have built him up, the whole "chosen one" angle, the instant debut impact last year and the momentum they've never let slip, his three way feud with Kofi/Matt/Teddy Long showing how damn good he is that he can be the sole antagonist for three men at once, and that opener with Kofi at FFW was great by everyone involved. His theme music is epic, his entrance is epic, and he's just so damn intense in everything he does. His accent seemed a bit strange on promos at first but now it just adds a whole other level to everything. Moreso than anyone else right now he has "future world champ" stamped on his forehead, and they're actually building him right.

/drew-love :cool:

Maybe Drew could be more interesting with a new look. His current look is pretty generic in my opinion and it doesn't help with the general blandness I feel while watching him. An other option might be to stick him on a long rivalry with anyone but Matt Hardy, a guy I care very little about.

Yeah I agree I could care less what Matt does in the WWF and his brother does in TNA. However, the Kofi part of the feud is great and I think it could only help both of them.

I personally love pretty much everything Drew does. I agree most midcarders are unimpressive but the reactions he's been getting lately just show how brilliantly they have built him up, the whole "chosen one" angle, the instant debut impact last year and the momentum they've never let slip, his three way feud with Kofi/Matt/Teddy Long showing how damn good he is that he can be the sole antagonist for three men at once, and that opener with Kofi at FFW was great by everyone involved. His theme music is epic, his entrance is epic, and he's just so damn intense in everything he does. His accent seemed a bit strange on promos at first but now it just adds a whole other level to everything. Moreso than anyone else right now he has "future world champ" stamped on his forehead, and they're actually building him right.

Actually, I don't hate Drew... I just don't care. He doesn't even get X-Pac heat with me. It's the same with Sheamus. I just... don't care. It's not that I don't want to, it just happens. I find myself not caring, even if I try to care.

They don't strike me as people that matter. So Drew is the IC champ... uh, yeah, whatever. Sheamus is the WWE champ? Uh, okay, sure. He's the champ.

They just can't get me emotionally for or against them. They aren't bad, they aren't good... they are pretty much... not much. I guess.

I can't even find the ENERGY to hate them for being non-descript and uninteresting. It's just... "Oh, it's... what'shisname, again." I just find myself following to sleep when they are on.

Agree I love the entrance and he doesnt seem so wannabe to me anymore. I have been enjoying the matches with potbelly Matt Hardy

So NXT's on tonight for me, thought I might as well rank my rookies in order of preference.

1 - Kaval, hope they keep him, he's got a way different style then most of the WWE roster, which is refreshing.

2 - Michael McGillicutty, hate the name, love the guy. Seems like he could be a star for the future if they didn't use that name.

3 - Percy Watson, need I say more?

4 - Alex Riley, I like the Miz, so I enjoy his character

5 - Titus O'Neil, Woo Woo Woo.

6 - Eli Cottonwood, Love the pro, rookie is eh...

7 - Husky Harris, botched move on the first episode kind of made me hate him, since he did it to 'SHOWTIME!' Percy Watson, but I wouldn't send him home first

8 - Lucky Cannon, ... Yeah.

From the Observer website:

Richard Blood aka Ricky Steamboat, 57, suffered a brain aneurysm last night in Tampa and is currently being hospitalized. We don't know any more details other than it has been confirmed by those in WWE and it is not working an angle from Monday. Steamboat was banged up from Monday's angle.

His prognosis from what can be a fatal encounter is considered good to excellent.

Yikes! :eek:

Glad to hear his prognosis is good, at least.

Whoa! Stop the presses. I'm watched Superstars right now, and... Zack Ryder is wearing trunks. Regular trunks. WHY??? His half-tights-half-trunks were awesome! I don't want to alarm anyone, but this might be the straw that breaks the camel's back and knocks Ryder off my 'favourite wrestler ever' spot. Stand up, Percy Watson, this might just be your time.

Woo Woo Woo, You Know- wait... you know what I mean? OH YEAH!

So NXT's on tonight for me, thought I might as well rank my rookies in order of preference.

1 - Kaval, hope they keep him, he's got a way different style then most of the WWE roster, which is refreshing.

2 - Michael McGillicutty, hate the name, love the guy. Seems like he could be a star for the future if they didn't use that name.

7 - Husky Harris, botched move on the first episode kind of made me hate him, since he did it to 'SHOWTIME!' Percy Watson, but I wouldn't send him home first

Honestly, the NXT guys names are so lame (most of them aren't even their FCW names, right? I know Kaval is, but otherwise...) I can't help but feel it's deliberate on WWE's part - somehow, it's going to be tied into the Nexus thing. Six/eight weeks down the line, Nexus are going to be approached by a bunch of these guys who want to join, and Nexus are just going to destroy them for not having the guts to go their own way, or something.

Honestly, the NXT guys names are so lame (most of them aren't even their FCW names, right? I know Kaval is, but otherwise...) I can't help but feel it's deliberate on WWE's part - somehow, it's going to be tied into the Nexus thing. Six/eight weeks down the line, Nexus are going to be approached by a bunch of these guys who want to join, and Nexus are just going to destroy them for not having the guts to go their own way, or something.

I would suspect that something like this happens and that becomes the reason to bring back Bryan Danielson, to lead the babyface Nexus. He gives the new guys instant cred, has a tied in to the upper card kayfabe storyline already in place, and can probably make Wade Barrett look like a million bucks in the ring, giving them a little more time to get him (Barrett) over before pushing him up to the McIntyre/Sheamus/Swagger 'just outside the main event' bubble.

To that end, I like how the WWE has created a push level between the Upper Midcard and the Main Event for their future projects.

with recent comments from brock lesner on how he felt about the wwe schedule and that he felt wwe should have a break period. what are your ideas for a possible break in the year for talent. say a seasonal type schedule

jan raw/sd rumble

feb raw sd

march raw sd

april just wrestle mania and then nxt

may nxt have a special program tied to nxt based on the main raw sd roster with super star profiles and maybe a best of season special and special weekly interview segments of the main talent

june nxt finals + wwe draft special tv event which is a raw smackdown supershow

july raw smackdown

august summerslam nxt season 2 of the year

septemeber nxt finals raw/sd supershow special

october raw sd

november raw brand off thanks giving week for house shows

december smackdown brand with off for holiday week for house shows

still do monthly ppvs with off season ppvs being the gimmick ppvs

the schedule above is for both house shows and tv tapings

Your list sucks :p

Husky Harris is my pick of the rookies, the botched move was Percy Watson's fault for not lying there and taking it properly and apart from that the guy is a freaking fatboy wrestling machine, kind of like if a non-dead Animal House era John Belushi got really surly and went to suplex school. How other people are failing to appreciate him really just makes me weep for the future of wrestling.

Lucky Cannon is obviously this season's generic babyface ala Heath Slater but without the ability to blow my mind. Slater grew on me a lot, I don't see Lucky Cannon doing that.

Kaval was interesting 7 years ago, today I just don't give a crap about him.