The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

I hope it's only at house shows... if it goes down the Mr. America route on TV, that's going to bom the whole storyline...

The Hulk Hogan/Mr. America storyline was nothing more than comedic relief...there's no way they're going to put Juan Cena on TV. Like others said, they just need a way to get him on house shows.

Its the exact same mask as Mr America but a different color

Well, it is a lucha mask, so in that sense they are the same. But yeah, no, not the same mask.

WWE: Really? I know you guys lack creativity... but... come on. Try harder.

Personally, I love this gimmick. It's old-school, it's fun, and it's an "inside joke" that everyone gets. I see where it's not really where you want to take the angle on TV every week, as the angle hasn't been campy and fun to this point, but seriously, there is nothing about Juan Cena I don't love.

Also Mr. America was a lot of fun and I won't hear a bad word against it.

Personally, I love this gimmick. It's old-school, it's fun, and it's an "inside joke" that everyone gets. I see where it's not really where you want to take the angle on TV every week, as the angle hasn't been campy and fun to this point, but seriously, there is nothing about Juan Cena I don't love.

I wholeheartedly agree, as shown by this post from the 5th of November...

Fully agree, although I can't be the only one hoping that John Cena gets fired and Charlie Brown from Outta Town Jr. debuts the next night. And yes, I am serious, and yes I do realise this is not the WWE thread but where else am I going to crowbar that admission in!? :p

...okay, so it isn't Charlie Brown but it's still great :D

It's the build for Morrison vs Sheamus final, continue the feud.... :(

Yeah, I guess that's the way it's going. I just assumed that they'd decided to run KOTR specifically to have Del Rio win. "King Alberto" just seemed like such a no-brainer to me. Adding the crown on top of the expensive car and the personal ring announcer? It'd be perfect.