The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

I can understand that sentiment... the only National-level star that has never been to the WWE. Ever.

Still, think about it... the Ultimate Warrior was in the WWE while Sting headed to WCW eventually. What happened if the situation was switched? Sting would have been a champion for a long time in WWF... ah... the what-if's....

Or maybe we'd be talking about what a washed up has been loon Sting is and hoping Warrior returns to face Taker at Mania. Both were pretty hard on the juice back then you never know, they could've traded history's :D

I smell a mod :p

Also, who is to say that it is going to be Sting? Until I logged onto this site I was thinking that it was a video to hype the return of the Undertaker.

You know that's a good point, I completely forgot Taker's out and returning soon. Now I'm about 30% sure that's gonna be Sting :o

Also, who is to say that it is going to be Sting? Until I logged onto this site I was thinking that it was a video to hype the return of the Undertaker.

For me it's the fact that I can't remember a really secretive 'Taker return like this would be. The date being announced, no obvious graveyard/deadman reference, no gong...just seems very different to an Undertaker hype video to me.

And clutching at straws the 21/2/11 Raw show is in Cali. Where is Sting always billed from?

Exciting PPV!

Highlights:

Ziggler/Edge - This match built up to a good finish. Way better than Kane/Edge.

Orton/Miz - Not as good as the first match but still solid.

Rumble - Bryan & Punk going at it for the first 1/3 of the Rumble. Morrison hitting the C4 on Bryan and playing Spiderman. New Nexus acting as a gauntlet. The big guys not clearing house like I expected. Didn't watch wrestling seriously until 2 years ago so don't really know Booker T and Diesel, but still nice to see the 2 cameos. Chavo trying the 3 Amigos on everyone. Riley's disappearing act. Almost having a heart attack when Santino popped up. Happy Del Rio won.

I don't mind Eve winning the Diva title. They should have Layla beat McCool in a contenders match. Layla beats Eve. Beth Phoenix beats Layla. Meanwhile Awesome Kong is smashing up all the other Divas on her way to meeting Beth at Wrestlemania.

I'd also like Del Rio to try to win the Heavyweight Title and then go for the WWE Championship at Wrestlemania. When was the last time someone tried to win both titles at once?

Cons: McIntyre & DiBiase not getting a push in the Rumble. I agree that any wrestler in a title match shouldn't also be in the Rumble.

See I only think it's Sting cause of 3 reasons.

1. Taker's return vingettes are usually pretty similar, this seems somewhat out of the ordinary.

2. It's very similar to the Starcade 97 vingettes for Sting

3. Takers' returns are usually on the go type deals with random lights going outs and the bell ringing and stuff.

And count in the fact that Taker's rumored to be facing Barrett into that as well.

I mean I honestly doubt it's for Triple H and Kong (espically as the last time they put alot behind a woman wrestler's vingettes it tanked hardcore). I honestly think it's either Sting or Taker, with the later not that much

http://i53.tinypic.com/zkloya.jpg

I don't know where this originated, but I've seen it on various places. Really good stuff.

I wouldn't even call myself a huge Sting fan, thought that he was boring towards the end of WCW, his run on TNA was just bleh and that he was way past his prime, but I'm pumped for 2/21/11. I will mark out, big, if it's the debut of Sting in the WWE. I may mark out similarly to when Jericho arrived.

Hope they don't blow this.

Also, I thought that latest Raw was one of the strongest in a good while. Kudos to a job well done. Cole continues to annoy, however. He needs to just go away.

I don't know where this originated, but I've seen it on various places. Really good stuff.

I wouldn't even call myself a huge Sting fan, thought that he was boring towards the end of WCW, his run on TNA was just bleh and that he was way past his prime, but I'm pumped for 2/21/11. I will mark out, big, if it's the debut of Sting in the WWE. I may mark out similarly to when Jericho arrived.

Hope they don't blow this.

Also, I thought that latest Raw was one of the strongest in a good while. Kudos to a job well done. Cole continues to annoy, however. He needs to just go away.

It was a good RAW that was spoiled with the worst ending I have ever seen. What I am about to say is going to make me sound like a doosh, but I am almost hoping that Lawler injures himself so he doesn't get involved every damn week. I have had more than enough of The King.

I'll be honest, I don't mind at all if Sting loses to Undertaker at Mania if he joins. He'll be about 4-0 at that point, looking strong, and we have an even, open match with 'Taker, that'll hopefully be great. I'd rather see that match with Sting losing than not seeing the match at all.

What if it is Sting? Why not build up to a Sting vs Taker match next year? Give Sting a match with someone else and allow him to win his 1st one? If he debuts and faces Undertaker he won't have any more high profile match in the WWE. They don't usually blow big matches right away like that. I want to see Sting vs Taker but not his 1st major match in a WWE ring.

I figure Sting has limited drawing power on top. The longer he's in WWE, the more his weaknesses will be exposed (dude's not getting any younger) and the more he becomes just another guy. Sting will never be more over than he is right now. You just have to make him relevant again. Which takes a month, not a year. Sting vs 'Taker will mean very little if we've already seen Sting feud with Miz/Orton/Cena et al. He's essentially a novelty, but a potentially super powerful novelty that can really sell Wrestlemania.

What if it is Sting? Why not build up to a Sting vs Taker match next year? Give Sting a match with someone else and allow him to win his 1st one? If he debuts and faces Undertaker he won't have any more high profile match in the WWE. They don't usually blow big matches right away like that. I want to see Sting vs Taker but not his 1st major match in a WWE ring.

Well the guy is 51 years old and I doubt he would be willing to go on the road again for the next year even if he doesnt do house shows. The guy has been looking to retire for the last 3-4 years now but has always been talked out of it by TNA. Hence why he would sign 1 year deals with TNA

Besides there is no guarantee that Undertaker will be healed by WM

Well the guy is 51 years old and I doubt he would be willing to go on the road again for the next year even if he doesnt do house shows. The guy has been looking to retire for the last 3-4 years now but has always been talked out of it by TNA. Hence why he would sign 1 year deals with TNA

Besides there is no guarantee that Undertaker will be healed by WM

I don't mean he should work a full schedule or anything. Just occasional appearances. Maybe some squash matches against midcarders or something. Once he faces Taker that's it. You can't top it with Sting in the WWE right now unless HBK comes out of retirement to face him as Survivor Series/Summer Slam or something.

I don't mean he should work a full schedule or anything. Just occasional appearances. Maybe some squash matches against midcarders or something. Once he faces Taker that's it. You can't top it with Sting in the WWE right now unless HBK comes out of retirement to face him as Survivor Series/Summer Slam or something.

I know what you mean I just think if he was going to stick around WWE would expect him to do oversea tours and stuff like that something I doubt he would do. but really how much pull would you think he would have backstage? he has never worked for the company. Its not TNA or WCW

DDP had abit of say backstage in WCW he went to WWE and had none

I know what you mean I just think if he was going to stick around WWE would expect him to do oversea tours and stuff like that something I doubt he would do. but really how much pull would you think he would have backstage? he has never worked for the company. Its not TNA or WCW

DDP had abit of say backstage in WCW he went to WWE and had none

I understand and don't get me wrong. Sting vs Undertake on my birthday at Wrestlemania this year! That would be amazing. I would be excited. I just want more than a 1 month build up. I want the most epic feud ever. It's ok though either way.

There's plenty Sting can do post-Taker match. Granted, perhaps no 'money feud' or 'dream matches', but I'm sure the WWE roster is full of ex-Sting fans who would love to get into the ring with their childhood hero. He won't be main eventing PPV's, but there would be enough to do to keep him on television while you promote a DVD or a book or whathaveyou.

It's like Bret Hart. Bret came back and was special, but the longer he was back, and the more appearances he made, the less special he was. I expect Sting would be super over to begin with, and you can ride that flame for a month or two. However, like Bret, the more he appears (and the more he's involved in WWE storylines) the less special he becomes. I'd strike while the iron is hottest.

Or maybe I'm not giving Sting enough credit as a performer. Perhaps he can come in and be awesome and interesting and start special for a year, and slow build that match to perfection.

More news on Booker T and Nash - Booker has been signed to a long term contract. Initially the plan was to have him train workers and act as a manager, but after his spots (and the quality thereof) in the Rumble the high ups at the E are apparently considering using him in a full term capacity.

Nash is on a short term contract, but has an option to stay for longer. So basically they could both be around for a while longer :)