The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

From the F4W/Observer front page, because it's relevant in the wake of the Sin Caras/Rey discussion. Neither company appears to be in a position, and nor have they been for some time, to pay a high six-figure salary to anyone.

Fair enough.

And it's an interesting bit of new because Mexico really has operated in a bizarre manner for years.

For one...it's kind of a task even watching the shows because their TV time slot changes so frequently. And - especially here in the states - the shows are shown out of sequence pretty often

A merger would make sense.

<p>Would have preferred Kane to beat Rey, but Rey's obviously more important going into Mania.</p><p> </p><p>

Good angle with Cody, Dusty and Rey. Cody's boring gimmick finally has a pay off. Bring on Dusty as Cody's manager.</p><p> </p><p>

Nice win for Swagger over Kofi, injured or not.</p><p> </p><p>

That's two meaningful mixed-tag matches in a month. The creative team seem to be turning a corner. And I was smiling through the entire Vicki segment.</p><p> </p><p>

A shame they waste a quarter of the show repeating angles and match finishes.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="milamber" data-cite="milamber" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Would have preferred Kane to beat Rey, but Rey's obviously more important going into Mania.<p> </p><p> Good angle with Cody, Dusty and Rey. Cody's <strong>boring</strong> gimmick finally has a pay off. Bring on Dusty as Cody's manager.</p><p> </p><p> Nice win for Swagger over Kofi, injured or not.</p><p> </p><p> That's two meaningful mixed-tag matches in a month. The creative team seem to be turning a corner. And I was smiling through the entire Vicki segment.</p><p> </p><p> A shame they waste a quarter of the show repeating angles and match finishes.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Cody's not boring he's Dashing and he is a pretty boy who doesn't like his moneymaker (his face) harmed argo his kayfabe broken nose which brought in Dusty who was their to defend his son.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MattitudeV2" data-cite="MattitudeV2" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Cody's not boring he's Dashing and he is a pretty boy who doesn't like his moneymaker (his face) harmed argo his kayfabe broken nose which brought in Dusty who was their to defend his son.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I thought he actually broke it when Rey botched that 619 and they made an angle out of it?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="PoisonedSuperman" data-cite="PoisonedSuperman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Why did Lillan Garcia get paid so much ??</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Because Vince (other people?) love it when people pronounce it "Ortan" instead of Orton. Thats my personal guess.</p>

Finally got around to watching some Elimination Chamber. I'm... not sure what all the fuss is about. Smackdown Chamber was dull until Drew (of all people) got in there, then became decent. RAW Chamber was more my cup of tea. I prefer the characters, there were more storyline moments and Morrison spots. Nothing blow-away though.

They gotta do something with Morrison. Not 'push'. Not 'spots'. Storyline. He needs a good feud with an interesting conflicting personality. Perhaps some monster, jealous of the pretty boy, can ugly him up. Ric Flair's book recounts an angle they did with Ricky Steamboat where they messed up his face with sandpaper to get sympathy with the crowd. Maybe there's something to that.

Finally got around to watching some Elimination Chamber. I'm... not sure what all the fuss is about. Smackdown Chamber was dull until Drew (of all people) got in there, then became decent. RAW Chamber was more my cup of tea. I prefer the characters, there were more storyline moments and Morrison spots. Nothing blow-away though.

They gotta do something with Morrison. Not 'push'. Not 'spots'. Storyline. He needs a good feud with an interesting conflicting personality. Perhaps some monster, jealous of the pretty boy, can ugly him up. Ric Flair's book recounts an angle they did with Ricky Steamboat where they messed up his face with sandpaper to get sympathy with the crowd. Maybe there's something to that.

Would be nice to see him get a decent feud going with someone. Morrison isn't great on the mic at the minute but he isn't awful, and the best way to get better would be practice. So give him a feud where he can get on the mic as well as show his ability in the ring and it should help him heaps unless he really fecks up the mic skills part.

You can hide the lack of mic skills if you pair him with the right guy. I've noticed recently that Morrison can play a great wildman card, with the hair and beard. His match with Miz, the tag match against Nexus recently, he did'nt need to talk, he can just look pissed off and sell the fact that ass-kickings are about to occur. Let someone else talk. Make it really personal, then have Morrison go wildman on his ass.

He's an afterthought right now. He's a 2D spot guy who jobs to the stars and gets little moments in multi-man matches, but he has potential to be a lot more. It just needs some creativity with his story and character development. I mean... I like Morrison, but I don't particularly care about him. Make me care, WWE.

If they have a MitB match at Mania this year, Morrison will win it.

If not, he'll be high on the list for a push after the show, when WWE tends to shake things up with a draft.

The Rumble-Mania period is not generally the time when WWE makes stars - rather, they consolidate what they have and focus on Wrestlemania.

And let's face it, the heat for Lawler/Cole is going to be way, way greater than Morrison/anyone right now.

That's not a good thing, of course, but it just goes to show how odd wrestling can be at times...

If they have a MitB match at Mania this year, Morrison will win it.

If not, he'll be high on the list for a push after the show, when WWE tends to shake things up with a draft.

The Rumble-Mania period is not generally the time when WWE makes stars - rather, they consolidate what they have and focus on Wrestlemania.

And let's face it, the heat for Lawler/Cole is going to be way, way greater than Morrison/anyone right now.

That's not a good thing, of course, but it just goes to show how odd wrestling can be at times...

Before they officially started Lawler/Cole (and probably Riley) as a Mania match, the only other person I could have seen as winning the MITB besides Morrison was The King (who would cash it in on The Miz at Mania, win, and vacate the title on the following RAW setting up a tournament).