The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Miss USA being on Tough Enough has already succeeded. How many radio shows have talked about this? I know here in Detroit the 3 big ones have discussed it. I know I have seen news articles and such too. So it has worked and in the end if they give her the contract then the media will write about it and talk about it. If she loses or gets booted sometime that will also bring publicity then I think.

I'd care more about Tough Enough if there were any names I actually want to see in WWE.

Instead, we get Matt Cross and Miss USA.

I'd take frigging MAVEN over Matt Cross...

This is exactly the point of the show. It's about getting to know these people, not a reunion tour for previous failed superstars.

I'd care more about Tough Enough if there were any names I actually want to see in WWE.

Instead, we get Matt Cross and Miss USA.

I'd take frigging MAVEN over Matt Cross...

You can have him, no seriously. You could probably get that schlub to wrestle in your living room.

God I hated Maven.

Not the biggest Matt Cross fan but he's alright.

You'd think she would put enough practise in to be as good as someone who has *never* stepped in a ring before. Besides, isn't she supposed to be a trainer in TE? She'd better shake it off soon or Miss USA will be outclassing her. Sad.

That's a fair point, but ring rust is real. Look at Bret Hart. Some people just NEVER get over ring rust. It's a sad fact, but it's not unrealistic.

I don't think the Miss USA thing is going to fail. I think it's already succeeded in doing everything it was supposed to do. Her name was announced in articles. Some went "Ooh Tough Enough". Other went "Miss USA wrestling?". They clicked on the article, and they are now aware of the show and it's timeslot. Given that Divas don't need to be talented workers, I see it as a mild-reward, no risk move. She's not going to be a massive draw, but she might draw a few viewers from a different demographic... and if she doesn't, it doesn't matter. I literally don't see a downside, especially as she can be eliminated from the show if she sucks.

However, indy mark as I am, if I were running things I'd have also brought in Austin Aries. Variety being the spice of life and all.

That's the point, though. It's not that SHE's going to fail... it's what WWE is trying is going to fail. Even as she gets over, WWE fail at what their real goal is, and that's bring in more long-term Mainstream attention.

idk Maybe its because I can catch them on some local chanels here in Ohio.

Do you get PWO down in Columbus?

Also, I wonder how long its going to be before Johnny Gargano gets brought up to either TNA or WWE. Especially with Michael Hutter(Derrick Bateman), Matt Justice(just signed to WWE), Tommy Mercer(Crimson), and Ashley Lane(Madison Rayne) all working for them. He'd fit in more with TNA's style since he's a smaller dude, but he's awesome. Probably one of my favorite wrestlers.

That's a fair point, but ring rust is real. Look at Bret Hart. Some people just NEVER get over ring rust. It's a sad fact, but it's not unrealistic.

"52 year old stroke victim with post-concussion syndrome, and hadn't wrestled in almost a decade" Bret Hart? It's a *little* different to Trish who's only been away for a few years and is in perfect health.

"52 year old stroke victim with post-concussion syndrome, and hadn't wrestled in almost a decade" Bret Hart? It's a *little* different to Trish who's only been away for a few years and is in perfect health.

That's a fair point. But my point stainds. She's ring rusty. When's the last time she wrestled? Or trained someone to wrestle? Plus she probably, I don't know, has other things to do?

It's not like she's Lance Storm with a training academy where she's train people day in and day out. No matter how much she retrains, ring rust is always possible to be there.

Now, if Lance Storm came back looking like terrible, that would be bad, but Trish is in a good shape. And considering she wasn't trained in wrestling to start with, and that she hasn't wrestle in a full-time, or even a part-time, capacity regularly, she's bound to have ring rust.

What do you expect?

That's a fair point. But my point stainds. She's ring rusty. When's the last time she wrestled? Or trained someone to wrestle? Plus she probably, I don't know, has other things to do?

It's not like she's Lance Storm with a training academy where she's train people day in and day out. No matter how much she retrains, ring rust is always possible to be there.

Now, if Lance Storm came back looking like terrible, that would be bad, but Trish is in a good shape. And considering she wasn't trained in wrestling to start with, and that she hasn't wrestle in a full-time, or even a part-time, capacity regularly, she's bound to have ring rust.

What do you expect?

For her to be less botchy than a 4'`10 girl with no athletic skill to speak of and no formal training at all?

I mean, it's not like were saying she got shown up by a fellow wrestler. She looked worse than snooki from the freaking jersey shore.

Teddy Hart is gonna be pissed that someone stole his job then.

Oh man, you guys suck. Teddy Hart is so much better than fricken Jack Evans. Jack Evans run in Dragon Gate single handedly put me off that promotion for life and I will never forgive him for that. Seeing all those wrestlers I loved since I first saw Toryumon scrambling to make one of Evans' moronic spots work just made me sick. Die Jack Evans you annoying little toolbag, die die die die die! :mad:

Okay, now that's out of my system let me just say that the Matt Cross hate baffles me almost as much as the Johnny Gargano love. What's the big deal with him? I ain't seeing it.

I don't think Gargano is a particularly big deal. I just like him. I think I naturally gravitate towards midcard comedy heels. You know, cowardly dudes visibly overcompensating with ****iness. Johnny Gargano is like the indy version of that. Not the greatest wrestler. Not someone I'd put the top belt on. Not even someone I think MUST get into TNA or WWE. Just a perfectly acceptable indy worker with a character I feel a connection with.

As for him in F.I.S.T... I only watched CHIKARA after he joined, and seen him pal around with Chuck Taylor in DGUSA, so I think he's perfect for "Friends In Similar Tights". Comedy midcard heels. I don't even get how Akuma fits in with Chuckie & Icarus. I guess I'd have to watch some old stuff to get it.

I've watched Gargano since he debuted in Cleveland All Pro Wrestling. I've liked him ever since I saw him cut a promo. He's hilarious, a decent in ring talent, and is charismatic.

I went to a show one time where the match was Matt Cross vs Johnny Gargano and I was kind of torn on who to cheer for so I cheered on both and Matt Cross stops the match and goes to the side of the ring and looks at my shirt(it was a Misfits shirt) and tells me "You can't cheer for Johnny, he HATES the Misfits. I love the Misfits, cheer for me".

And then they started fighting to get me to cheer for them and arguing back and forth. It was awesome.

I don't think Gargano is a particularly big deal. I just like him. I think I naturally gravitate towards midcard comedy heels. You know, cowardly dudes visibly overcompensating with ****iness. Johnny Gargano is like the indy version of that. Not the greatest wrestler. Not someone I'd put the top belt on. Not even someone I think MUST get into TNA or WWE. Just a perfectly acceptable indy worker with a character I feel a connection with.

As for him in F.I.S.T... I only watched CHIKARA after he joined, and seen him pal around with Chuck Taylor in DGUSA, so I think he's perfect for "Friends In Similar Tights". Comedy midcard heels. I don't even get how Akuma fits in with Chuckie & Icarus. I guess I'd have to watch some old stuff to get it.

Does Gargano have his own song?

Akuma does.

Well, if you only started watching CHIKARA recently, then you missed out on FIST being a tag team between Icarus and Gran Akuma, and they had marvelous chemistry together. Chuck Taylor joined in as a trio member at first but (especially when Akuma got hurt and Chuck took his place in a Campeones de Parajas title match via Freebird rule) the three became a cohesive unit over time.

Icarus was the brains of the team and a complete a-hole (in kayfabe, he injured two wrestlers to the point of retirement), Akuma was the enforcer who could kick people so hard they threw up (No, really, this actually happened once. But I think Cloudy had legit stomach issues or something.) and Chuck Taylor was the wacky heel who could serve as a mouthpiece. Now there's no enforcer and two wacky heels... so Gargano comes off as Chuck Taylor II.

Also, Akuma >>>> Gargano anyway.