The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Daniel Bryan wins the Smackdown MITB

Meh, I was rooting for Sheamus. Bryan Danielson is amazing in the ring, but imo lacks the charisma or mic skills to be in the world title picture for a company like WWE. But at least the matches should be fun, regardless of whether it will be Orton or Christian who walks out as champion tonight.

As much as the initial surprise and excitement makes me fantasize of Daniel Bryan defeating Christian and Randy Orton in an epic three way at Summerslam for a long, epic reign, I have a feeling that Bryan might be the first guy to cash in his contract and lose.

That's what I was thinking.

Another late prediction for the main event. CM Punk wins and we have an ROH invasion of WWE that goes over about as well as the WCW one did. Or maybe better since the WCW invasion set such a low standard.

Daniel Bryan and CM Punk as World Champs :eek: Would be great

Another late prediction for the main event. CM Punk wins and we have an ROH invasion of WWE that goes over about as well as the WCW one did. Or maybe better since the WCW invasion set such a low standard.

I have to say Cena wins but the DB cashes in wins. After that he hands the belt over to Punk.

that would be cool and a big possibility. I really want to say Colt's gotta make some appearance tonight after his references, not just for being Punk's friend, but as a hint of what's to come..

I have to say Cena wins but the DB cashes in wins. After that he hands the belt over to Punk.

I like the one scenario someone suggested where Cena fails to win, then Vince demands Raw MitB winner cash in, then they fail and then Vince demands SD winner to cash in, but I'd change it so that Bryan lays down for Punk or something.

Daniel Bryan and CM Punk as World Champs :eek: Would be great

Maybe the guy who suggested that both MiTB winners would be used tonight is right:

Punk beats Cena through interference by Colt Cabana.

Vince sends out Bryan, who loses due to another interference by Cabana.

Vince sends out the RAW winner, likely Del Rio, who wins.

Cena gets in both Vince and Del Rio's faces to set up a feud.

WWE signs Cabana who begins what would for the IWC be an epic feud between Bryan and Cabana.

...far out, I know. But weirder things has happened in WWE.

but imo lacks the charisma or mic skills to be in the world title picture for a company like WWE. But at least the matches should be fun, regardless of whether it will be Orton or Christian who walks out as champion tonight.

Orton puts me to sleep with his monotonous slow talk and he's a world champ.

What was the deal with Cara, seemed a waste, or was he legit injured?

I was waiting for him to make a comeback before the end and I was surprised since it didn't happen. Happy for Bryan, no matter if it's Orton or Christian he's going to be feuding with. Or both. It was an okay ladder match but it severely lacked the setup spots that have been in earlier MitB matches. Sin Cara could have done so much more in the match.

Women's match.. I did watch it, trying to get a sneakpeak to Kelly Kelly's .. Nevermind. It's HD god damn it and I paid for it. :cool: And ye someone mentioned about the bumps, damn. Seriously. I think it's because they are too skinny and they weight so much less than Trish/Lita/Chyna that the moves are harder to execute properly. Lots of faceplanting in the wrong way.

Having Daniel Bryan cash in MITB just to lose would be the biggest waste of all time. I doubt they would put in the effort to build him like that only to have him lose.

The way I see it going is R-Truth wins the RAW MITB, challenges Punk after he beats Cena...R-Truth is the first to cash in and lose...then in a desperate act Vince sends Bryan out who cashes in, wins, then sides with team ROH and hands the belt back to Punk (if there is some sort of invasion) or Bryan cashes in and wins either moving him back to RAW or setting up the eventual unification we've heard so much about possibly with him taking on Orton at Summer Slam.

Orton puts me to sleep with his monotonous slow talk and he's a world champ.

Your point being? "The current champ sucks so the next one might as well?" I hardly find that to be sound reasoning. Why not strive for more?

If you prefer guys like Danielson to be at the top of the food chain instead of guys like Orton, then maybe you should be watching ROH instead of WWE.

Not PG there from Show

Ye loved "****!" there. First thing that came to my mind was that he actually did brake his ankle right there.

Also gyus keep the thread lighthearted please? Concentrate on the show.

HUGE CM Punk chants btw, in almost every match and the angles in between. Boo's for Cena when he got mentioned by Vince.

Results thus far

Daniel Bryan won SD! MitB ladder match.

Kelly Kelly def. the twin-what's-her-name

Mark Henry def. Big Show (squash match). After the match Henry put Show's ankle in between the folding of the chair, jumped a splash from second rope and crushed Show's ankle.

What was the deal with Cara, seemed a waste, or was he legit injured?

It might be simply a way to write him out of the match early, due to the language barrier? Guessing it's much more difficult to communicate through the translator in such a big clusterfuddle of a match. And since it happened after his big rally, I kind of assumed it was in the same vein as Edge's early exit, but because of his inability to communicate.