The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

OMG. I just realised something.

Guys. Guys.

Listen.

Remember the contract signing? Vince left the ring, and after Cena punched CM Punk, Punk grabbed the contract from Vince, went to the ramp and ripped the contract into pieces.

Here's the thing. I think he grabbed Vince's contract and not his own but he didn't realise it. There were two contracts there weren't there? I thought it was odd how Vince suddenly left the ring and stood on the ringside. He was holding his contract, surely, and not Punk's designed contract, right? I'm now playing that RAW and checking this.

So Vince has CM Punk's contract with CM Punk's name IN IT already as he stated. Meaning that Vince will sign the new, CM Punk's contract in order to keep Punk in the WWE as long as he's the champion.

If this is what happens tonight on RAW.

Worship me. :D

An event everyone thought they would flop. It doesn't even really matter that much where they go from here.

You know as well as anyone that money talks. Doing what Fin said to do, then all the sudden not doing it if they mess it up from here on out, speaks more then any words.

I have never been risk averse in my life (my stock from Pandora's IPO says hi :p) but the question becomes, am I more comfortable with YOUR money being at risk or MINE? I guess the answer's easy when I put it like that. I already had his Uprising T-shirt (it was a gift. For some reason, when non-wrestling fans find out you're a wrestling fan, they automatically assume you're a WWE fan.) and I heard tell that they're coming out with a new design for Punk, so I'll actually buy that one. However, with a month left before the next PPV, I don't think me pouring cash into the marketing machine is going to accomplish what you think it will. For one thing, it'll be more than a month before that uptick in business is attributed to this event (that's how corporate finance works, after all). Remember, this is a marathon not a sprint. Strong champions aren't defined by selling well once. They're defined by selling well all the time. So if you're going to buy in, you need to be prepared to do so for as long as Punk is centrally featured (otherwise, it'll be chalked up to a one-time anomaly. "Right place, right time, right people" kinda thing).

Again, I'm not saying FIN is wrong. I'm just a lot more jaded than he is. :)

I think 'just one event' has to be enough to get people spending money if we want WWE to follow up. WWE ain't broke - from a money making perspective. Contrary to some IWC fans' opinion that PPV buy rates and TV ratings being down means losses, they actually make more money from other sponsors and merchandise (which is, I believe, up). Therefore, they aren't going to change their tune for long unless they see instant results.

I like the fact that Daniel Bryan didn't cash in his MitB. He definitely hasn't been built up for a world title reign yet, and needs to carry the briefcase for a while to gain some credibility. It can easily be explained: either he was too noble to cash in cheaply, too beaten up after his match/being checked out, or he was worried that with a livid Orton at ringside his cash in could be ruined.

I also don't mind Orton losing it after Christian spitting. It goes along with the commentary assertions that he has anger management issues (and makes him a flawed hero), as well as making him seem unpredictable (keeping his cool for a while, then losing it at a seemingly minor incident) which has been a theme in the past. It is also constant with the suggestion that Christian got inside his head on Smackdown!, and was able to push him over the edge when tensions were already running high during the match.

WWE kind of has no choice but to push the hell out of people. HHH, Edge, Taker, HBK are gone. I think Orton and Cena are the only permanent main eventers at the moment. Now is like the best time to step up your game in WWE.

Yeah, I think they used it as the Undisputed too. Eventually they just dropped the Unidsputed though, and it became the WWE title:

http://slamzilla.ca/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/10133.jpg

That was my favorite title they ever had. Wish they would bring it back.

As for Piston Honda... he is no match for CM Punk. ;) I mean seriously Little Mac beat him.

WHAT WILL HAPPEN ON RAW (FIN's prediction)

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1671746#post1671746

My earlier post. Check RAW from 07.11.11, the one that ends with the contract signing that failed. Watch it and keep your eye on the contract AND your eye on Vince when he leaves the ring. The camera's don't show the fallen table and the contract lying under it for several minutes after Vince had left the ring.

ALSO GUYS! Notice Vince's hand gesture in the end, he signs to CM Punk 'sign it' with his hand. It's VINCE's contract that Punk tore. Why would Vince sign to CM Punk to sign his own contract since his name is already in his version of the contract.

/WHAT WILL HAPPEN ON RAW (FIN's prediction)

OMG. I just realised something.

Guys. Guys.

Listen.

Remember the contract signing? Vince left the ring, and after Cena punched CM Punk, Punk grabbed the contract from Vince, went to the ramp and ripped the contract into pieces.

Here's the thing. I think he grabbed Vince's contract and not his own but he didn't realise it. There were two contracts there weren't there? I thought it was odd how Vince suddenly left the ring and stood on the ringside. He was holding his contract, surely, and not Punk's designed contract, right? I'm now playing that RAW and checking this.

So Vince has CM Punk's contract with CM Punk's name IN IT already as he stated. Meaning that Vince will sign the new, CM Punk's contract in order to keep Punk in the WWE as long as he's the champion.

If this is what happens tonight on RAW.

Worship me. :D

No. Please no. That would be such a rubbish way to go from here. Although if it does happen atleast we get to see Punk kick Vince in the balls and have WWE Ice Cream Bars return, as per Punk's contract.

No. Please no. That would be such a rubbish way to go from here. Although if it does happen atleast we get to see Punk kick Vince in the balls and have WWE Ice Cream Bars return, as per Punk's contract.

I like it. It would give Vince some credibility back as the big boss and master schemer.

Daniel Bryan winning the SD MitB was a surprise because I didn’t think they saw him on the level of even having a fluke World title win, so I think it’s a reasonable bet to make that Bryan becomes the first MitB winner to cash in and lose. Of course, that’s assuming he keeps the briefcase and they don’t simply have him lose to someone else down the road and he only won it here because they both wanted a surprise and wanted to get people in the mindset of expecting surprises in readiness for what they pull later in the night.

They have like a whole year to build him up ala Edge the first time around. I don't see why people are down on this, it can be a great gimmick for him and helps write his promo work for him. Who knows he could get a huge push after Mania or something and it wouldn't sound so crazy for him to get a title run.

I like Fin's idea. Vince is stuck and resorts to signing the contract the Punk drew up. Omg they could make it so that it has all these wacky conditions to it, with Vince pretty much humiliating himself every week just to get his champion back. Vince is golden when it comes to him being in distress, and Punk is great at manipulation.

My earlier post. Check RAW from 07.11.11, the one that ends with the contract signing that failed. Watch it and keep your eye on the contract AND your eye on Vince when he leaves the ring. The camera's don't show the fallen table and the contract lying under it for several minutes after Vince had left the ring.

ALSO GUYS! Notice Vince's hand gesture in the end, he signs to CM Punk 'sign it' with his hand. It's VINCE's contract that Punk tore. Why would Vince sign to CM Punk to sign his own contract since his name is already in his version of the contract.

Sounds good, I just hope Punk shows up on Raw tonight!

Imagine if he actually puts Punk's face on all the turnbuckles and such! :eek:

I spotted that and watched it back a few times and I looked as if the contract in the hand was the one CM Punk never signed. But IDK

I was under the impression Vince's hand gestures were that he didn't sign it yet. Then Punk ripped it up meaning Vince didn't have a chance to sign it.

I don't even think it needs to be an attitude like era, or even a new era for that matter. We just need better than the usual 1 dimensional feuds and more layered one's like this one (for example the sub plot of ADR should be no.1 contender CM is reinstated and then he is RAW MITB and then there is no title.)

I hope this is the start of something, whether it's an era or just good booking / storylines I don't care, but hopefully this is a sign of things to come.