The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

<p>From highlights clips I've watched of Mistico in CMLL he didn't look botchy at all but I've only seen a couple of full matches. They need to lock him into longer feuds so he has a chance to gel with the other wrestlers (his best matches have been against Chavo and Kidd, IMO), since his style is quite different to most of the roster. Botches or not, I've enjoyed watching Sin Cara. Hunico is still good to watch but I prefer Mistico.</p><p> </p><p>

Just read on pwtorch Sin Cara will face Del Rio on SD Live so the character will continue to pushed regardless of who is under the mask.</p>

<p>Sin Cara is a one of those RVD-types who needs a Jerry Lynn to hold his matches together as well as being able to work a similar style in order to have the really great matches Sin Cara is very capable of having. That's the reason they hired Averno from CMLL in the first place, because he could have good matches with Sin Cara that also made him shine and why Averno is the big loser if they decide to go with Hunico as Sin Cara, which appears to be the direction they're going in now. </p><p> </p><p>

The match with Chavo wasn't all that hot and I think it might have been the impetus for letting Chavo go, in that they expected a lot better from it and, well, it couldn't be the fault of Triple H's pet project he didn't look good, could it? Of course, the problem is that Chavo doesn't work the Lucha style all that well, but people generally assume he can because of his name and heritage.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="sebsy" data-cite="sebsy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Chavo requested his release, fwiw.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> True, but they didn't exactly go out of their way to encourage him to stay or put him in anything meaningful.</p>

That SUCKS. Poor guy probably won't ever be the same again. That's a very tough surgery to recover from especially in pro wrestling.

He hasn't been the same wrestler ever since his first surgery, and he's been slowly declining even worse ever since, plus he's had more knee operations. I'd be surprised if he can even do any decent high flying moves now. Which sucks, because before all of the injuries he was an excellent in ring worker. :(

He hasn't been the same wrestler ever since his first surgery, and he's been slowly declining even worse ever since, plus he's had more knee operations. I'd be surprised if he can even do any decent high flying moves now. Which sucks, because before all of the injuries he was an excellent in ring worker. :(

I just watched "Best of WCW Monday Nitro" (excellent btw. I caught it on Netflix streaming I highly reccomend it to fans of the era) and they had a Rey/Jericho match that was PHENOMINAL. I literally forgot how good Rey was. I still think he's been fairly fun to watch though over the last few years. And I really enjoyed the match with Del Rio on Raw. It was a well done TV match and had a really heart stopping finish.

I also will ALWAYS respect Rey because I met him several times after shows talking to the fans and what not and Rey was always a super nice guy. You meet a guy like that on more than one occasion and he's THAT cool soemtimes you can't help but like him forever.

Sin Cara is a one of those RVD-types who needs a Jerry Lynn to hold his matches together as well as being able to work a similar style in order to have the really great matches Sin Cara is very capable of having. That's the reason they hired Averno from CMLL in the first place, because he could have good matches with Sin Cara that also made him shine and why Averno is the big loser if they decide to go with Hunico as Sin Cara, which appears to be the direction they're going in now.

The match with Chavo wasn't all that hot and I think it might have been the impetus for letting Chavo go, in that they expected a lot better from it and, well, it couldn't be the fault of Triple H's pet project he didn't look good, could it? Of course, the problem is that Chavo doesn't work the Lucha style all that well, but people generally assume he can because of his name and heritage.

Averno was his own worst enemy. He was doing a character that was going to get him pushed (based of on merch sales) he was just to ****y for his own good. It sucks because I though Sin could have been huge for in the E and now it could be a character that never reaches it's full potential.

Averno was his own worst enemy. He was doing a character that was going to get him pushed (based of on merch sales) he was just to ****y for his own good. It sucks because I though Sin could have been huge for in the E and now it could be a character that never reaches it's full potential.

What are you talking about? What has Averno done wrong?

What are you talking about? What has Averno done wrong?

I meant Alvirde (mistico) sorry.

He was he own worst enemy within the WWE because of his attitude. All you would ever hear about the guy was the he rubbed everyone backstage the wrong way with his attitude and recent reports are that it didn't change when he came back which wont help him with WWE and looking at keeping him as an employee.

Very true. Immortal's theme is a remix of the NWO theme. I guess they could not use it since TECHNICALLY, WWE owns it now.

When will NWO die? I never really thought NWO was better then D-X or Four Horse Men. NWO will never be a good stable like D-X and FHM can be. NWO was a great stable and helped WCW in the monday night wars, but its a storyline that to me has just been beaten into people.

If there was an actual plan to bring it back and give it an appealing story then I could understand bringing it back, but if they are just bring it back to try to get ratings because the NWO is back, then I'd rather not watch it.